Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

LemonLimeTime posted:

Stuck with Korona in Mighty Gunvolt Burst and couldn't seem to find how to get these last items on YouTube, far as I could see.

Don't have any idea how to get this one with her since she can't get high enough and her demon "pogo stick" stab doesn't make her get much higher like Shovel Knight:

Like with all the other characters that doesn't have a double jump for an Aerial Action, jump from the leftmost platform and use her Aerial Action to get over to the CP upgrade.

The stickers I'm not really sure about but the Power Plant one is probably in one of the rooms you break a wall to get to, unless it's that one really hard to find one in that stage where you walk through a fake wall and kill an enemy in a certain location about halfway through the stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
So I guess udon and Capcom are releasing the Megamix manga as a full color comic in the US under the title "Megaman Mastermix"? I just picked up the first issue in my local comic shop. It's eighty pages the coloring looks pretty nice.

tom bob-ombadil fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 25, 2018

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
Is there a certain way to get S ranks with Ray in Gunvolt Burst? I've been through levels where I've burst'd every single enemy and still ended up with an A rank. B for the second to last fortress level too, so I don't get what they want out of me.

(Also getting all S ranks on every level is how you 100% a file right? Most of mine are still at 97-98% even though I've found all the items and beaten all the levels)

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

LemonLimeTime posted:

Is there a certain way to get S ranks with Ray in Gunvolt Burst? I've been through levels where I've burst'd every single enemy and still ended up with an A rank. B for the second to last fortress level too, so I don't get what they want out of me.

(Also getting all S ranks on every level is how you 100% a file right? Most of mine are still at 97-98% even though I've found all the items and beaten all the levels)

Use less CP. Equip parts that make things harder for you, or just make your buster less powerful, decreasing the amount of CP you're using, and you'll get a bonus to your score, iirc.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
IIRC hard mode almost guaranteed S ranks. Did they fix that?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Because this is the defacto Shantae thread: Wayforward announced that everyone who backed their KS is getting a free Steam code for Shantae Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition, so that's fun.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Because this is the defacto Shantae thread: Wayforward announced that everyone who backed their KS is getting a free Steam code for Shantae Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition, so that's fun.

I'm just glad those of us who made the mistake of backing MN9 instead of HGH are getting some of the backer goodies after all this time.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Wasn't nuts about hard core mode or friends to the end but I'm glad they kept their promise

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Friends to the End is a neat concept, albeit a bit clunky. I hope they expand upon it in future Shantae games; after all, she's definitely here to stay, so they probably won't need to kickstart another one.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Remember when we were all pulling for jkbproduction's Mega Man X Corrupted? Remember that in these years other people made some pretty good metroidvanias? pretty sure im losing faith here

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Losing faith in what? One man projects take a while

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's not exactly Barkley 2, the guy pops up regularly to show stuff off and it looks fine.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fargin Icehole posted:

Remember when we were all pulling for jkbproduction's Mega Man X Corrupted? Remember that in these years other people made some pretty good metroidvanias? pretty sure im losing faith here

Yeah I just watched him do a stream of it where he was editing a bosses AI.

He is nearly done with the 8 Mavericks from the look of it. But the Fortress Levels are still in concept and Coding has not started on them.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
AM2R took nearly ten years before being released, and Iconoclasts just came out after being was in development since 2007.

One man and smaller indie projects can take awhile.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Schwarzwald posted:

Iconoclasts

oh poo poo i remember the demo for this one from way back!!!

i can’t believe it’s out.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dabir posted:

It's not exactly Barkley 2, the guy pops up regularly to show stuff off and it looks fine.

Barkley 2 devwork gets streamed all the loving time.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Every week, IIRC.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Well there we go then.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The stuff they show on stream is definitely work but I'm not sure I'd call it progress.

Preorders are up for the MM11 Roll nendoroid, if that's your thing: http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2018/01/30/nendoroid-roll-mega-man-11-ver-mega-man-11/

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 1, 2018

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The stuff they show on stream is definitely work but I'm not sure I'd call it progress.

Preorders are up for the MM11 Roll nendoroid, if that's your thing: http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2018/01/30/nendoroid-roll-mega-man-11-ver-mega-man-11/

I know it's probably just stylized, but I'd be all in favor for Rush to just be a very small dog from now on.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Check this:

https://twitter.com/Kobun20/status/962655332861464582

https://twitter.com/N2_EXE/status/962169240978518016

"Since already the baddest robo by design, was turned good instead." <- this is official

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Check this:

https://twitter.com/Kobun20/status/962655332861464582

https://twitter.com/N2_EXE/status/962169240978518016

"Since already the baddest robo by design, was turned good instead." <- this is official

Zero being good solely due to evil arithmetic overflow is fantastic

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

He's like a reverse Gandhi.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

TheKingofSprings posted:

That's what happens when you press :moreevil: too many times.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi_ZRFkoO1Y

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Why can't Capcom just buy this out already. Every time they post an update I just hold onto the idea that the second they're ready to put it out they'll get a C&D.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Nephzinho posted:

Why can't Capcom just buy this out already. Every time they post an update I just hold onto the idea that the second they're ready to put it out they'll get a C&D.

Capcom has been really lenient with fan games, as I recall. Including funding Megaman X Street Fighter

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'll be honest and say that while it's impressive technically, I don't actually think it looks very fun. The environments are boring cut-and-paste (by necessity but still) with very little flavor or disinctiveness and the enemy layout and such looks really dull. It doesn't seem to hit either Mega Man or Metroidvania. The most interesting things about it are the mechanics they show off but it looks more like a tech demo than a game even then. Which is fine but they've been working on it for a small eternity and while it's an interesting tech demo it's hard to get excited about actually playing it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

TheChirurgeon posted:

Capcom has been really lenient with fan games, as I recall. Including funding Megaman X Street Fighter

Plus Capcom is too busy trying to figure out how to salvage their reputation as fighting game developers to worry about fangames. You know you hosed up when you make a fighting game that sucks so bad you don't even want it in your OWN tournament series.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

TaurusOxford posted:

Plus Capcom is too busy trying to figure out how to salvage their reputation as fighting game developers to worry about fangames. You know you hosed up when you make a fighting game that sucks so bad you don't even want it in your OWN tournament series.

Yeah they're going to get their lunch eaten by Dragonball badly

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah they're going to get their lunch eaten by Dragonball badly

They already did. Dragonball made it into EVO and MvCI didn't.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

They already did. Dragonball made it into EVO and MvCI didn't.

Just a reminder that the RWBY/Blazblue/Persona/can't remember the 4th crossover fighter that isn't even out yet made it in over MvC:I.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The MvC:I thing is really funny to me because as a casual fighting game fan with the Mega Man thread and a bunch of comic book threads bookmarked a game where Sigma infects Ultron and X and Iron Man have to punch him in the face until he gets better is extremely My poo poo but they whole game looks so bland and awful that I haven't even grabbed it used yet.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's bad and not worth it.

The final boss is indeed a big dumb sigma head but you can fight big dumb sigma heads in an actual MMX game and have more fun.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Phantasium posted:

It's bad and not worth it.

The final boss is indeed a big dumb sigma head but you can fight big dumb sigma heads in an actual MMX game and have more fun.

oh good here I just found a copy of MMX7 to load up

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 13, 2018

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'd love to burn MvC:I to the ground.

Maybe 700 times in a single minute.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just a reminder that the RWBY/Blazblue/Persona/can't remember the 4th crossover fighter that isn't even out yet made it in over MvC:I.

arcsys is kinda just making GBS threads all over capcom in general huh
just like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5d9BrLN5K4

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

food court bailiff posted:

The MvC:I thing is really funny to me because as a casual fighting game fan with the Mega Man thread and a bunch of comic book threads bookmarked a game where Sigma infects Ultron and X and Iron Man have to punch him in the face until he gets better is extremely My poo poo but they whole game looks so bland and awful that I haven't even grabbed it used yet.

Having Sigma, who was hyped from the very first trailer, be freakin' day-1 DLC killed any interest I could have in the game.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Augus posted:

arcsys is kinda just making GBS threads all over capcom in general huh
just like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5d9BrLN5K4

Tbf ArcSys was doing some dire poo poo in Cross Tag Battle that they ultimately walked back but still, making half the cast dlc was pretty questionable

Still miles better than MvC:I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
How are ArcSys walking back their Cross Tag Battle DLC situation?