Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

my friend with benefits is, her word, "bleeding", and offered an alternative i was not prepared for

i don't get butt stuff, and i mean that in at least two senses

/e

stringless has a new favorite as of 07:16 on Jan 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

FFT posted:

my friend with benefits is, her word, "bleeding", and offered an alternative i was not prepared for

i don't get butt stuff, and i mean that in at least two senses

/e

I'm afraid to ask what the dog has to do with your FWP. I hope it's not part of your solution.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Everything about moving house loving suuuuucks.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

AlphaKretin posted:

Everything about moving house loving suuuuucks.

:agreed:

I'm waiting for our ReloCubes to be delivered today. I just want them to show up already so I can start filling them.

I hate staring at a bunch of boxes and containers sitting around our apartment. It makes me feel like I haven't gotten anything done.

I just hope that we'll be in the new place for longer this time. We've moved 6 times in the last 7 years. I just want some stability already.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The guys at the closest store consistently shelve my favorite brand of cookies too roughly and they get broken. I have to:

1. Walk 10 minutes to the other store or
2. Settle for my second favorite brand of cookies or
3. Try to enjoy my cookies even though they're broken in two or three pieces.

Whatever I chose it feels like my day is ruined. This might be peak FWP.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
too nervous to make a phonecall on the iPhone that costed several hundred dollars that I voluntarily spent on it just for fun

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

MisterBibs posted:

Sequel to the earlier FWP: ever since that coughing fit the other night, I've had what can only be described as a low-level asthma attack going on, and my heart rate is enough-to-notice elevated.

The worrier in me wants to rush to the doctor, but the other side of me realizes the doctor will say I've caught a low-level cold or something and recommend stop being a big baby while it passes.

Go to the doctor.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My dumb rear end thought eating a TV dinner of stuffed peppers in tomato sauce in bed was a good idea, and guess what: I spilled it on my WHITE sheets. I washed them in bleach TWICE and the orange stain is still there. I am extremely upset. Like, really upset. How do hospitals and hotels get crazy stains out of their sheets/clothes/etc? I am very sad :smith:

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Thin Privilege posted:

My dumb rear end thought eating a TV dinner of stuffed peppers in tomato sauce in bed was a good idea, and guess what: I spilled it on my WHITE sheets. I washed them in bleach TWICE and the orange stain is still there. I am extremely upset. Like, really upset. How do hospitals and hotels get crazy stains out of their sheets/clothes/etc? I am very sad :smith:

Oxyclean, my dude.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Poldarn posted:

Oxyclean, my dude.

I will look into this. My blankets are sad.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just spent like 15 minutes browsing a wholesale bearing ball dealers website instead of working on a thing I need to write. I have no use for or even any reason at all to be researching bearing balls.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
ive lost like 50 poinds in the last year and now all my shirts are too big. i dont want to go buy a shitload of clothes because i still have another 50 to lose, but i feel like a toddler wearing his dads clothes.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

Poldarn posted:

Oxyclean, my dude.

This is my favorite First World Solution. I use half a scoop on every laundry load. It gets old coffee and tea stains out of mugs. It cleans my sink and garbage disposal. Just about any non-chemical stain comes right out.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

kreyla posted:

This is my favorite First World Solution. I use half a scoop on every laundry load. It gets old coffee and tea stains out of mugs. It cleans my sink and garbage disposal. Just about any non-chemical stain comes right out.

Huh.
My favorite hoodie has a mysterious stain right at nipple level that appeared after the first wash.
I assume it's grease or something since I am a dude, I don't lactate and the drat thing won't come out.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Since it removes blood and grease, it will probably also remove signs of your late night brain feast.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

funmanguy posted:

ive lost like 50 poinds in the last year and now all my shirts are too big. i dont want to go buy a shitload of clothes because i still have another 50 to lose, but i feel like a toddler wearing his dads clothes.

Same :( I'm worried that if I buy new clothes that fit me it'll curse me to gain back a bunch of weight but my current clothes are so baggy it's ridiculous.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Trying to sleep with a wrist brace on and it isn't comfortable. Then my cat attacked my husband's arm and said cat ended up launching off the bed via my face so now I'm also trying to sleep with a pulsing scratch on my cheek.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

finally got a job after all this time, went in for my first day, forgot I needed my actual social security card, asked my husband to find it and he couldn't, I come home after my shift and we look everywhere and still can't find it

I go to the website to apply for a new one and it locks me out for 24 hours because I put my current home address instead of the one my original card was sent to over two decades ago, I guess

I want to cry

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm very sore today from all the packing I did over the weekend.

The Snoo posted:

finally got a job after all this time, went in for my first day, forgot I needed my actual social security card, asked my husband to find it and he couldn't, I come home after my shift and we look everywhere and still can't find it

I go to the website to apply for a new one and it locks me out for 24 hours because I put my current home address instead of the one my original card was sent to over two decades ago, I guess

I want to cry

Social security cards are the very concept of "can't find it when you need it" given physical form. The last time we had to dig ours out of wherever the hell we put them, we made sure to put them in an envelope, label the envelope, and put the envelope in a folder marked "REALLY IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS" which goes in my main filing cabinet. I'm pretty sure the folder has decided to magically teleport to another file box somewhere by now.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

Social security cards are the very concept of "can't find it when you need it" given physical form. The last time we had to dig ours out of wherever the hell we put them, we made sure to put them in an envelope, label the envelope, and put the envelope in a folder marked "REALLY IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS" which goes in my main filing cabinet. I'm pretty sure the folder has decided to magically teleport to another file box somewhere by now.

:agreed:

my mom saved my rear end in under an hour bc (thank god) there's a social security office 15 minutes away and she was able to come get me and take me before they closed, and I got a receipt that I can use for now until I get the card in a week.

once I get it and I'm done using it, I'm gonna reorganize all of our files and get a safer place to keep them all.

first world non-problem: the DMV-esque social security office was pleasantly fast and easy and I was done in like 20 minutes

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
The job I quit from that I realized is super sketchy won’t give me a W2. They say “2weeks”. It’s literaly illegal to not give them to me by Wednesday. I know the steps to take and oh boy am I going to talk to the IRS. I want to file my drat taxes even though I OWE money. As a comparison, my other job gave it to me Jan 8th.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I posted some dumb throwaway comments in a twitter thread about the latest crypto coin rip off and now my mentions are a nonstop torrent of the worst internet nerd arguments

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Today I was told that I will be judged by my actions and my superiors will be judged by their intentions.

I always knew but it's amazing to hear it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bought almost 10 grand of stocks (SP 500 mutual fund) and I'm a little nervous because the US stock market is at an all time high and the only place it can go right now is down. But people have been saying that the past 6 years.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

Today I was told that I will be judged by my actions and my superiors will be judged by their intentions.

I always knew but it's amazing to hear it.

Wait until you get judged by your superiors' actions. While they don't.

Never forget that poo poo rolls downhill. Anybody above you that can pass the blame absolutely will.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

I spent all day yesterday sliding on waterslides and now my face is sunburned

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Brain: You know what, you had a slightly-bigger-than-normal dinner and a decent snack or two afterwards. Good job, but we're done for the night, okay?
Mouth: Yeah yeah but you know what would be really awesome right now? The taste of some ice cold water! Lots of it!
Brain: Sure, it'd be nice, but I'm pretty sure we're full up on-
Mouth: And some nice pretzels! We just bought a big bag the other day, and-
Brain: WE ARE FULL what is wrong with you

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

MisterBibs posted:

Brain: You know what, you had a slightly-bigger-than-normal dinner and a decent snack or two afterwards. Good job, but we're done for the night, okay?
Mouth: Yeah yeah but you know what would be really awesome right now? The taste of some ice cold water! Lots of it!
Brain: Sure, it'd be nice, but I'm pretty sure we're full up on-
Mouth: And some nice pretzels! We just bought a big bag the other day, and-
Brain: WE ARE FULL what is wrong with you

This is me :negative: I'm having such a hard goddamn time dieting because of it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I way overpacked for a business trip I'm on for a month and it's not even that cold :mad:

Also, most of my streaming services don't work here :mad:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
For the past ~6mo or so, a very specific chunk of my apartment gets really bad call signal. I've lived here for nearly five, now. What the gently caress.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
New amplifier for my TV speakers was delivered today but the manufacturer omitted a simple but crucial component - the AC input cord. Since it was a third-party seller Amazon can't just do a straight up exchange and now I have to return the whole thing and re-buy it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My president is a huge loving idiot.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
The bag of ‘Salt and Balsamic Vinegar’ potato chips I bought for lunch had no flavouring in it (not even a hint of salt). Guess I know why it was on special.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I sat around waiting for a combined hour-and-a-half at the police station and VicRoads just to submit a form and get my photo taken.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

There is a group of old unemployed dudes across from my place that stand on the curb and smoke all day.

They're gross but actually kinda nice. I saw them yell at and chase down a dude trying to steal something out of a car. Pretty scary to have six old meth-mouth chasing you.

That being said, two of them have real bad smokers coughs. You know they kind that has evolved beyond a cough and is more like a scream?

I normally can't hear them from inside unless they stand in this one spot. Now that is their favorite spot.

They are nice old dudes with nothing to do so I don't want to blow up their spot, y'know?

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
only hit an 85% production standard today at the factory whereas it would be better to be at about 95%

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
My favorite mechanical keyboard has died so now I have to either find a way to fix it or spend more money than I want to replace it, meanwhile the spare
keyboard I have to use feels like typing on fresh horse manure.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Inzombiac posted:

My president is a huge loving idiot.

And congressional republicans are riding him like a mechanical bull at a country & western dive.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I had to have a tooth pulled and the pain meds aren't working and everything hurts and aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They didn't give you vicodin? It's the best part of getting my wisdom teeth pulled.