Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Probably but if you do it you won't hit two. Also you're a massive butthole if you do it

yeah i never did that stuff, and i have no intention of starting, i was just wondering if it was still possible because i do not play games with the sort of miscreant that proliferate these degenerate strategies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

just smash the poo poo out of your laner at level 2-3 like god intended, with a truck and a half's worth of CC

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
The first time I met Sion's passive I was incredibly confused.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I love Sion but there are times where his passive is loving useless and you miss with his ult and look the fool.

But those times where they hit and you kill people with either one are so much fun it evens out.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

duck trucker posted:

I love Sion but there are times where his passive is loving useless and you miss with his ult and look the fool.

But those times where they hit and you kill people with either one are so much fun it evens out.

sions ult is the most fun thing in the game to escape with too. you start charging and they get a few hits off but you end up accelerating until they can not keep up. it is the league of legends version of the main character chasing after the bad guy and the bad guy gets in a car and drives off

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i don't

what

why did i not have OBS recording this this is bullshit

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Just download the replay

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

pog boyfriend posted:

can you still do that crazy sion poo poo

You can do a suicide red steal, but it's actually suboptimal compared to the new Sion level 1 suicide strat. Basically, you hang out close to the top inhib turret out of sight until around 0:58, and then start marching into the enemy base so that you'll die positioned between the top inner and Nexus turret, and then proxy the wave. You have just enough life regen to do it, which means that you can waddle back to lane without missing a wave with 625~ starting gold.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i don't

what

why did i not have OBS recording this this is bullshit

Looks like their Jhin was inting huh?

Who was in your bot lane?

Camel Camus fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 31, 2018

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Camel Camus posted:

Looks like their Jhin was inting huh?

Who was in your bot lane?

The Ashe for half of it, but she peeled off to help push mid, so I just shot Jhin again and again because one of my autos did a quarter of health I'm not joking

Their bot was Jhin, Nami, and occasionally Leona wandered in and then I shot her a million times with my ult and she ran away

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

That's funny. I thought they were doing the gimmick Leona/Nami kill lane which can be brutal with even a little coordination. I didn't even realize that it was double support lanes and no jungle that's awesome.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Also that's a bot game, bots aren't exactly fond of self preservation.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Jesus I should have noticed the names and no summoners I'm a dumbass.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
bots don’t buy components at all? Why does he have just a Doran’s still

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Nocturne and Leona both have a Rejuv Bead so that's not the case.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

njsykora posted:

Also that's a bot game, bots aren't exactly fond of self preservation.

Was waiting for someone to notice.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Someone's probably like duh you went 18/2 dickeye it's bots and I'd like to point out that prior to a week or two ago when I grabbed MF and was instead maining Tristana I was going like 2/9 on the reg in bots games

Trista needs a rework by the way she's just not fun to play, her E is stupid

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Believe it or not she was already reworked and her E did even less in the old version

Also what’s your IGN, I’ll coach you for free

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Why would a bot end the game with only a doran's item though

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

JerryLee posted:

Why would a bot end the game with only a doran's item though
If someone disconnected they probably sat in fountain

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

RealFoxy posted:

Their 26 deaths must've come really quickly then

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Tristana's one of the better champions this meta so none of your complaints make sense.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Trist's E is hilarious when you're using it to bust down towers.

Or get it to max on someone and ult them towards a low teammate so it blows up and kills them both.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

RealFoxy posted:

Nope. I was shooting that Jhin the entire game

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

How Rude posted:

Tristana's one of the better champions this meta so none of your complaints make sense.

Granted I haven't played her much since season 8 started and also was playing her with an incomplete set of Bad Runes before but she always felt like she took way too long to get going. She was great for nuking towers to the ground once she had an item or two under her belt but until then it was misery

Totally willing to believe I'm wrong and just need to play her more again though

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

Believe it or not she was already reworked and her E did even less in the old version

Also what’s your IGN, I’ll coach you for free

Dkeyeballz, as evidenced by my entire history itt I play mostly adc but occasionally top

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Are you gonna be around 4 hours from now?

I’ll add you and teach you how to be not a bad

edit: Added you, my name is "Ringard"

fatal oopsie-daisy fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jan 31, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The scaling thing is definitely true of Trist, but her 2 item spike of IE and Shiv is loving insane. Also if you're supporting a Trist and get her an early kill you're basically set for an easy game.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Someone's probably like duh you went 18/2 dickeye it's bots and I'd like to point out that prior to a week or two ago when I grabbed MF and was instead maining Tristana I was going like 2/9 on the reg in bots games

Trista needs a rework by the way she's just not fun to play, her E is stupid

I'm just gonna throw this out there if someone is going 2/9 in bot games with a champ, it's probably not the champ's fault and shouldn't be calling for reworks.

On another note, they are doing something about league of stopwatch.

Boots and stopwatch on the same tier now like they should of been to begin with, stopwatch contributes 50g less to the items it builds into but doesn't do anything because people just sold it for 120g to get their first item faster and free up space.

Might put a slight dent into games with 5 stopwatches on a team which will make it slightly less frustrating to tower dive or pull off plays without a hourglass going off in the middle of it.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Granted I haven't played her much since season 8 started and also was playing her with an incomplete set of Bad Runes before but she always felt like she took way too long to get going.

an adc with a nuke ult can not be as slow scaling as you describe here. league is relatively low on true hypercarries and trist has lots of really strong spikes in her build path so she is never truly "off"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Are you gonna be around 4 hours from now?

I’ll add you and teach you how to be not a bad

edit: Added you, my name is "Ringard"

Haha my dude you are in the wrong time zone, you asked this at like 4 AM my time

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
lol dunno man, I don't live in the states

i'm on now though if you're up for some games

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

pog boyfriend posted:

an adc with a nuke ult can not be as slow scaling as you describe here. league is relatively low on true hypercarries and trist has lots of really strong spikes in her build path so she is never truly "off"

Like I said I'm a hundred percent willing to be wrong and just put it in the "dickeye is poop at game" column, just like all of my bad opinions about this game, none of which I'll ever learn are bad and dumb if I don't show my rear end so people can tell me they're dumb and bad

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lol dunno man, I don't live in the states

i'm on now though if you're up for some games

Not today, but if you're around tomorrow I will be

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Like I said I'm a hundred percent willing to be wrong and just put it in the "dickeye is poop at game" column, just like all of my bad opinions about this game, none of which I'll ever learn are bad and dumb if I don't show my rear end so people can tell me they're dumb and bad

basically tristana at 6 has a button which does 300 damage, this means you have the potential to all in and nuke somebody to get a kill. so since tristana can mesh with an aggressive support, she is not too slow unless you want to fast 2 ignite all in

E: obviously i am over simplifying things but power spikes are important and if you have power spikes in laning phase you can exploit them to snowball a lane and from there it is trivial to say "well this character has midgame potential"

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 31, 2018

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Trist is really good with all-in support or lvl 2 cheese junglers, the slow from rocket jump sets up cc really well

She's been good for a while now

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Trust has been strong every single patch after they gave her E a physical ratio

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Trist has what's called a "power spike" at level 6. A power spike is any point in the game, typically based around levels or items, where a champion becomes exponentially more powerful than before.

Trist is actually a good example of a level-based power spike. Trist's 1-5 is pretty awful: she does low damage, has relatively low range, and will generally permashove the wave with no option for freezing it. At level 6, she gains an ult that does an absolutely enormous amount of damage (which targets MR, which the majority of champions will have less of than Armor) and provides a substantial knockback. In a single level, Tristana goes from being a bit of a joke to being a deadly threat as long as her ult is up. The opposite of this would be someone like Karma: Karma's level 1-5 is obnoxiously strong, but she doesn't gain any significant power spike at level 6, which can put her at a big disadvantage if the enemy duo happen to gain powerful ultimates.

Items can also give substantial power spikes. Twitch is an ADC who usually does pretty miserably in lane and midgame, owing to the long cooldown on his only damage ability and lack of escapes aside from W. Even his level 6 doesn't give him that much effective power, unlike Tristana. Once he hits a three item spike (IEdge, Hurricane, Statikk), however, he rapidly becomes the strongest ADC in the entire game and can singlehandedly win teamfights with good positioning.

Understanding these spikes is important because they dictate how you should play out each lane and how much time you have before your team's fortunes will turn. If I'm laning with Trist as an aggressive support, I have to hold off on going too crazy until Trist hits 6, because that's the point where we can actually all-in and win with the highest rate of success. Similarly, if the enemy team has a Twitch, I know that we've got about 35-40 minutes (barring him getting outrageously ahead through kills) before our chances of winning the game start dropping astronomically, and therefore have to spin out advantages somewhere on the map and use them to close out the game before that can happen.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Vermain posted:

Trist has what's called a "power spike" at level 6. A power spike is any point in the game, typically based around levels or items, where a champion becomes exponentially more powerful than before.

Trist is actually a good example of a level-based power spike. Trist's 1-5 is pretty awful: she does low damage, has relatively low range, and will generally permashove the wave with no option for freezing it. At level 6, she gains an ult that does an absolutely enormous amount of damage (which targets MR, which the majority of champions will have less of than Armor) and provides a substantial knockback. In a single level, Tristana goes from being a bit of a joke to being a deadly threat as long as her ult is up. The opposite of this would be someone like Karma: Karma's level 1-5 is obnoxiously strong, but she doesn't gain any significant power spike at level 6, which can put her at a big disadvantage if the enemy duo happen to gain powerful ultimates.

Items can also give substantial power spikes. Twitch is an ADC who usually does pretty miserably in lane and midgame, owing to the long cooldown on his only damage ability and lack of escapes aside from W. Even his level 6 doesn't give him that much effective power, unlike Tristana. Once he hits a three item spike (IEdge, Hurricane, Statikk), however, he rapidly becomes the strongest ADC in the entire game and can singlehandedly win teamfights with good positioning.

Understanding these spikes is important because they dictate how you should play out each lane and how much time you have before your team's fortunes will turn. If I'm laning with Trist as an aggressive support, I have to hold off on going too crazy until Trist hits 6, because that's the point where we can actually all-in and win with the highest rate of success. Similarly, if the enemy team has a Twitch, I know that we've got about 35-40 minutes (barring him getting outrageously ahead through kills) before our chances of winning the game start dropping astronomically, and therefore have to spin out advantages somewhere on the map and use them to close out the game before that can happen.

can someone do this for mid? like when does your team want a blower upper man mid vs a sustained dps mid (i.e. ziggs vs taliyah)

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Taliyah has the same thing as Karma, a level 6 that doesn't actually improve her damage in combat. If you're Ziggs, you should be trying to all-in as soon as you hit 6, because you have one more damage button than her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Razzled posted:

can someone do this for mid? like when does your team want a blower upper man mid vs a sustained dps mid (i.e. ziggs vs taliyah)

90% of the time it doesn't really matter unless you're playing in really high MMR solo queue but in general:

Ideally every team should have one single target Nuker, usually mid (Liss, Zed), one peeling Support, one Pure Tank (Garen, Cho), one Crit DPS (ADCs) and one Sustained DPS Tank (Warwick, Xin Zhao)

Just pick your champion's damage type and role into that as best you can

but like I said, most of the time it doesn't matter and the only thing that's actually important is shitstomping your opposing laner so hard that they're hopelessly behind or go AFK from rage at themselves/their team