Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
REGGIE I HAVE FILLED THIS POST WITH TOXIC GAS, YOU HAVE 48 HOURS TO RELEASE MOTHER 3 ON THE SWITCH OR I WILL RELEASE THE GAS THROUGH YOUR INTERNET-BROWSING DEVICE

Also release F-Zero Rammers if you have the time thanks and God bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I hear Reggie's desk has two buttons on it labelled "RELEASE" and "NAH" that he presses on a whim when games pop up on his screen.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mega64 posted:

REGGIE I HAVE FILLED THIS POST WITH TOXIC GAS, YOU HAVE 48 HOURS TO RELEASE MOTHER 3 ON THE SWITCH OR I WILL RELEASE THE GAS THROUGH YOUR INTERNET-BROWSING DEVICE

Also release F-Zero Rammers if you have the time thanks and God bless

Didn't you actually write the "Release Mother 3!" *Reggie kills person with heat vision* bit from the claymation E3?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Haha remember when someone made up a game called “F-Zero Rammers” and a bunch of people thought it was real

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

reggie release picross 3d round 3

please

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That's a Day 0 purchase.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm really excited to play Night in the Woods on the go (on the toilet).

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hope they aren't Amiibo exclusive, the costumes were fun to use on the WiiU were unlocked from the start.

Oh poo poo, okay that's even better.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

is there actually a nintendo direct happening or is that just a BiG iNtErNeT cOnSpIrAcY?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

F-Zero Rammers would sell twice as many copies as Odyssey

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

repiv posted:

reggie release picross 3d round 3

please

I saw it talked about in here a little before now, but how did I not know this series existed!

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Reggie release the ports of ps+ free games with a $60 price tag

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Weedle posted:

Haha remember when someone made up a game called “F-Zero Rammers” and a bunch of people thought it was real

I still believe.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Weedle posted:

Which also announced DLC for BotW including “new outfits for Zelda in your quest to save Legend”

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Oh my God, Night in the Woods, Necrodancer, and Celeste? I can't buy all these indie games man.

I also just bought Kingdom Battle because it was on sale and wow it has no right to be this good, but it somehow is.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Casull posted:

I also just bought Kingdom Battle because it was on sale and wow it has no right to be this good, but it somehow is.

It is very good.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Frankston posted:

F-Zero Rammers would sell twice as many copies as Odyssey

I would buy all of them

I'd go bankrupt but I wouldn't care 'cuz I'd be too busy rammin'.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

alf_pogs posted:

is there actually a nintendo direct happening or is that just a BiG iNtErNeT cOnSpIrAcY?

Hmm haven't heard anything about that on my end

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Is Mario Tennis just a "Spring 2018" thing still?

I'm really looking forward to that and Kirby. I still have my Wii U hooked up so I'm good on skipping the bayo and DKC rereleases. If some of these get sales down the line I can see myself double dipping but I did that on MK and hardly ever play it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Stan Taylor posted:

Is Mario Tennis just a "Spring 2018" thing still?

I'm really looking forward to that and Kirby. I still have my Wii U hooked up so I'm good on skipping the bayo and DKC rereleases. If some of these get sales down the line I can see myself double dipping but I did that on MK and hardly ever play it.

yeah no specific date for Mario Tennis yet. if it's as good as Mario Golf on 3DS, it will be a day-one purchase for me.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I bought Celeste on a whim and, while it is good, it took me over 70 deaths for the first chapter.

I don't think reaction games are for me anymore :(

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope nobody bought the digital version of Shantae, because the physical version will have an exclusive bikini costume

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I bought Celeste on a whim and, while it is good, it took me over 70 deaths for the first chapter.

Eh, I had over 100. There's a loading screen tip later that basically says "Take pride in your deaths, they mean you're learning!"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

I hope nobody bought the digital version of Shantae, because the physical version will have an exclusive bikini costume

Isn’t the 3ds the definitive version because he boobs are 3D?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Deaths don’t mean poo poo in Celeste. I rack up many deaths just trying out different maneuvers and experimenting. I wouldn’t look at it as some gauge of skill.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Holy gently caress just got past the shadow-jutsu part of chapter 2 and the music is amazing and I feel super satisfied. But, need to take a breather and let my heart calm down. I never played Super Meat Boy or any of the other games that seem similar (?) to this one.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Don't let the deaths discourage you. I had something like 2500 deaths or something ridiculous like that on my playthrough.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The death counter is there to measure how much you improve.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Speaking of Celeste, I really appreciate the little strawberry counter at the bottom of the pause screen once you beat the game. It helps you to get a rough idea of where in the stage you're missing a strawberry without being too obvious about guiding you to it.

Now to just figure out what the deal is with that satellite dish and the birds...

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Celeste is cool because each level is designed to teach you how to beat that level. You will get much better with practice and the difficulty curve is perfect. And there's always Assist Mode!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/958872936257019904

lol

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
Gonna follow that up, Nintendo? N......okay.......

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Edit: I was beaten and I don't know how to embed tweets in BBCode anyway I guess.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Looking forward to this promising MMO where you take quests from Reggie and Iwata's ghost.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Lobster posted:

Edit: I was beaten and I don't know how to embed tweets in BBCode anyway I guess.

Just copy and paste any tweet and the forums will automatically format them for embedding.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I think there's a decent chance it will be good given that they'll be a year late on launching it at that point. It shows that they're trying to take it seriously anyway.

E: ^^^ I did that and it just showed a link to the tweet. I must have done something wrong.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

hcreight posted:

Looking forward to this promising MMO where you take quests from Reggie and Iwata's ghost.

The reward is you get to play 30 seconds of link to the past

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/958876181494812673

:wtc:

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Shredder posted:

reggie release the mass effect trilogy

No.
I will not lose my life to that game for the 5th time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Pretty sure the digital version also has it. At least, that's what I read on one of their PR sites, I believe.

• Locked thread