Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011

Ok Im way behind but can someone tell me why arguments like this keep coming up desperately trying to make climate change not-a-bad-thing?

Like I'm dumb as a rock. But this is like saying "Human bodies are made of water, so you won't die if you drown/drink too much water". Literally you can poison yourself to death if you drink too much water

Pretty much every chemical if taken in excess is poisonous. Why would carbon dioxide be any loving different because it's a plant food, or "what humans are made of". I bet you can put a plant in a room, fill it with lethal amounts of carbon dioxide and visibly see it shrivel and die.

e: angry snipe where I probably reveal how bad I a at the science

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

The one good thing about living in Hellworld is that believing this is real, makes it so.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Chernobyl baby posted:

Ok Im way behind but can someone tell me why arguments like this keep coming up desperately trying to make climate change not-a-bad-thing?

Like I'm dumb as a rock. But this is like saying "Human bodies are made of water, so you won't die if you drown/drink too much water". Literally you can poison yourself to death if you drink too much water

Pretty much every chemical if taken in excess is poisonous. Why would carbon dioxide be any loving different because it's a plant food, or "what humans are made of". I bet you can put a plant in a room, fill it with lethal amounts of carbon dioxide and visibly see it shrivel and die.

congratulations, you have cleared the floor-level hurdle of not being as willfully stupid as a trump appointee.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Oh poo poo, this political cartoon came true:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Chernobyl baby posted:

there's a lot of money to be made lying for corporate interest

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Chernobyl baby posted:

You're applying a minimum understanding of science to people who have completely no understanding of science.

And, just so you know, most plants require carbon dioxide for photosynthesis, so placing a plant in a room full of CO2 would probably make it flourish. Plants give off oxygen as a waste product of photosynthesis, they're like the opposite of us and generally speaking animal and plant life have a kind of symbiotic relationship.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Breitbart is in with Duke

I'm the unironic use of a symbol of immigration and background picture of a famous immigration entry point in the anti-immigration t-shirt ad.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Chernobyl baby posted:

They're desperately trying to justify continuing to make massive amounts of money by doing things they know will have horrible long term effects because gently caress You, Got Mine

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
i think it's utterly hilarious that now republicans hate the FBI because they were told to by Trump of all people.

"Actually, you guys now hate the FBI and the CIA, they are out to get Trump and it's a huge conspiracy, we're the good guys they are all bad."

and people didn't even blink, they now do hate them. it's mind-mindbogglingly strange.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

You know how the Guild Navigators can fold space using spice

Domnard can warp reality with piss

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

People don't know what "treason" means, do they? Like, at all.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

^^^ l'etat, c'est trump

politics makes a lot more sense when you realize that at least 95% of a powerful person's actions are entirely decided by how much money they could make off it (the remaining 5% is spite)

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011

Kumo posted:

You're applying a minimum understanding of science to people who have completely no understanding of science.

And, just so you know, most plants require carbon dioxide for photosynthesis, so placing a plant in a room full of CO2 would probably make it flourish. Plants give off oxygen as a waste product of photosynthesis, they're like the opposite of us and generally speaking animal and plant life have a kind of symbiotic relationship.

Neat. Does this mean if we were elves and lived in trees for houses and excessively green wonderlands we could also pollute as much as we want with our wasteful technology and still be ok?

LifeSunDeath posted:

there's a lot of money to be made lying for corporate interest

I just don't understand how some people can not have a conscience about it and be ok dooming everyone who's alive and our entire planet, even when scientists are saying "ok if we don't stop we're gonna die really soon", just to get money now

Chernobyl baby fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 31, 2018

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

Tumble posted:

i think it's utterly hilarious that now republicans hate the FBI because they were told to by Trump of all people.

"Actually, you guys now hate the FBI and the CIA, they are out to get Trump and it's a huge conspiracy, we're the good guys they are all bad."

and people didn't even blink, they now do hate them. it's mind-mindbogglingly strange.

it is almost as if, in the absence of being able to form their own opinions, millions of americans will parrot any opinion that has been shouted at them loudly and frequently enough so long as it is sufficiently self-serving or confirms some ingrained belief

the nuclear apocalypse cannot come soon enough

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Catastrophe posted:

People don't know what "treason" means, do they? Like, at all.

If Trump is the state, then opposing Trump is treason. Seems like they're using the word correctly, as long as they're CHUDs.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Chernobyl baby posted:

Neat. Does this mean if we were elves and lived in trees for houses and excessively green wonderlands we could also pollute as much as we want with our wasteful technology and still be ok?

I just don't understand how some people can not have a conscience about it and be ok dooming everyone who's alive and our entire planet, even when scientists are saying "ok if we don't stop we're gonna die really soon", just to get money now

shiiiiiit son, that's what being corrupt is all about. you don't end up in high level positions in this world without completely drinking the coolaid. if you step out of line once you get cut off (not by the voters, but by the lobbyist). these old fuckers in politics are some of the most chaotically evil assholes you will ever meet, but their greed is the most predicable thing about them, so rich families and companies can rely on that get their agenda (demands) satisfied.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/958829039346704385

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

guard your brain signals. high influx of MAGA waves detected over the northern hemisphere.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Lpzie posted:

guard your brain signals. high influx of MAGA waves detected over the northern hemisphere.

I got called a cuck on twitter, so today was a good day

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Nunes once again delivers on the self owns. How has this guy somehow not shot his own dick off?! He is that retarded.

This destroys any narrative of the FBI actively helping Hillary.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Kumo posted:

Plants give off oxygen as a waste product of photosynthesis, they're like the opposite of us and generally speaking animal and plant life have a kind of symbiotic relationship.

only while the sun is up. plants respire oxygen at night.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

TulliusCicero posted:

No you don't understand he thinks trump is a retard therefore the entire justice department and FBI are a satanic liberal conspiracy.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

TulliusCicero posted:

You’re assuming that logic and reason have any part in this.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

old beast lunatic posted:

he thinks trump is a retard

Who doesn't? :confused:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

TulliusCicero posted:

Who doesn't? :confused:

controlling majorities of the house and senate apparently

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My balls are made of carbon fiber nanotubes which increases their piss reservoir ability by 70%.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/MarshallCohen/status/958818524104970242

Who wants to bet on which of these two things are in Nunes' memo?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

veiled boner fuel posted:

My balls are made of carbon fiber nanotubes which increases their piss reservoir ability by 70%.

piss filled bucky balls

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
https://twitter.com/power2she/status/958576688694267905

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

This Dan Carlin episode on executions has me thinking, guillotines are far too quick and humane for the lot of jackals we have working for us.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Chinatown posted:

thinkin

bout thos Steeds

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

LifeSunDeath posted:

This Dan Carlin episode on executions has me thinking, guillotines are far too quick and humane for the lot of jackals we have working for us.

The upsidedown saw thing, where they start sawin’ on the taint.

What have I become?!?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJeugIJFXas

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

It depends. Bringing someone up to the guillotine, covering their head with a sack, putting their head down on the chopping block causing them to go into a blinded panic, followed by the eventual sound of the blade being released and rushing down towards their neck, instilling them with unimaginable fear for the least remaining second of their life

It's actually pretty hosed up. I would prefer to just shoot them in the back of the head quickly. With the guillotine it's "fast" but it's still torturous, just not physically

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Why can't one of those ISIS murder truks aim for redhats? Absolutely everything about this reality is a disappointment.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

LifeSunDeath posted:

You can put body parts other than heads in guillotines, you know.

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
We coulda been space elves RN smoking weed with our alien buddies

but you playin'

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Novo posted:

only while the sun is up. plants respire oxygen at night.

Sciencer honeytrap sprung

https://twitter.com/SeanMcElwee/status/95882759013502566

https://twitter.com/SeanMcElwee/status/958839175977033728

Kumo fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Feb 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Chernobyl baby posted:

It depends. Bringing someone up to the guillotine, covering their head with a sack, putting their head down on the chopping block causing them to go into a blinded panic, followed by the eventual sound of the blade being released and rushing down towards their neck, instilling them with unimaginable fear for the least remaining second of their life

It's actually pretty hosed up. I would prefer to just shoot them in the back of the head quickly. With the guillotine it's "fast" but it's still torturous, just not physically

yet all the while they think jeff bezos is going to rocketpack in and whisk them away to his private amazon battleship. in the Carlin episode he describes getting chunks of your flesh torn out and filled with molten lead. When that poo poo starts happening and you're praying for death, there is only doom on your mind, the real lesson is learned.