Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

As if we aren't already imagining jizzing penises 24/7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who needs to imagine? :confused:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Guess the map!

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

VJeff posted:

Guess the map!

The one on the space rhino ship.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

the good fax machine posted:

Who needs to imagine? :confused:

And still you didn't bring enough for the rest of the class :negative:

VJeff posted:

Guess the map!

Lmao@1 single capture in the entire match.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

SlimGoodbody posted:

too gripped with imagining a thousand jizzing penises to employ reading comprehension

if this isn't the new loving thread title

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Guess the map!

lol, definitely leviathan gardens or w/e, they spawned on A.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

They should make basic shaders worth 100 glimmer to dismantle instead of just 25 imo

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Revert the shader system back to Destiny 1 where you get to keep the shader forever and have a collection of them but they're harder to get and there's a chase involved in finding them. I used to get so excited when I got a brand new legendary shader from a raid and could slap that on to show off, or getting Candlelight so me and the squad could all gimmick up in it together and go crucible together.

Shaders on weapons and such are great, keep that but give us back D1 style thanks.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Consumable shaders are here to stay I think, but from the last TWAB it sounds like they might make an option to apply one shader to all your armor, and consume only one. I could live with that.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
They could just add in a kiosk and charge like 1 Legendary Shard per shader or something for shaders you've already gotten.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Roman posted:

Consumable shaders are here to stay I think, but from the last TWAB it sounds like they might make an option to apply one shader to all your armor, and consume only one. I could live with that.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

They could just add in a kiosk and charge like 1 Legendary Shard per shader or something for shaders you've already gotten.

These would be acceptable compromises!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

We all know Saladin to be our old gay daddy who gives us guns but is he up to some other, nefarious poo poo? Because I'm looking at the tables to either side his platform and they're both manned by what appear to be young female drug addict slaves. They're both in peasant garb, one with arms wrapped around her body like she has the chills and can't stand still, the other is chewing her nails, talking to herself, and acting terrified, darting her head around to see who is coming up behind her. Neither seem free to leave.

Is Lord Saladin Forge simply employing these young women, giving them an opportunity where there otherwise is none? Is he the good guy here? Or is he running a human slave trade out of the Iron Temple, and having us run Crucible on Vostok to keep away anyone who would stop him?

This is... problematic.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chilichimp posted:

lol, definitely leviathan gardens or w/e, they spawned on A.

Two Feet From Bread posted:

The one on the space rhino ship.

You did it. :toot:

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
here's your patch timeline, of note: 6v6 is coming in March

https://twitter.com/bungie/status/958831324399255552

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

ElNarez posted:

May release for the expansion lookin' mighty likely. I like everything I see; can't wait for the hot and fresh takes.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Development Roadmap
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46612

Sandbox changes on TWAB tomorrow

ElNarez posted:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm the "Fireteam Members on Destination Map" and "Repeat Crucible Map/Strike Protection"

Also, it's very ominous that it says "iron banner 6v6" there lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Like, it's cool they are at least trying I guess but man it's embarrassing to see all that poo poo laid out like that

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Someone make an edit that removes the ridiculous bug fixes and extremely obvious poo poo that should have been in any decent version of this game at launch and see what we're left with

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Put a fuckin N on the radar holy poo poo

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
“Iron banner 6v6” .... so it’s not even a base pvp mode then? Just a every now and then thing ? I suppose I might log in and when the next dlc drops but until then gently caress these clowns

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

6v6 in IB only is probably how they're gonna test it. They are gonna need to adjust a lot more than just # of players because 6v6 in current D2 just means 5 people will teamshoot you instead of 3. But I think that fact that they are adjusting PVP player count at all is a good sign.

I think PVE is gonna be fine. PVP is up in the air still.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

moist turtleneck posted:

Put a fuckin N on the radar holy poo poo

I think they said this was coming, along with the ability to see your friends on the map finally, but jfc this

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Yeah. Reads like it's IB only. And since there's no plans to revamp how abilities work or reduce cooldown or ttk in pvp it might not change a whole lot. I'd still be bored but I'll be bored with 11 other people instead of 7. I guess we'll have to see.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Waffle House posted:

May release for the expansion lookin' mighty likely. I like everything I see; can't wait for the hot and fresh takes.

My takeway is the exact opposite and that Season 3 is supposed to tide us over until they're done "Taking a little extra time" or whatever they said in that big post a few weeks ago.

I predict DLC 2 + Season 4 in August.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Yeah. Reads like it's IB only. And since there's no plans to revamp how abilities work or reduce cooldown or ttk in pvp it might not change a whole lot.
Look at the 1.14 entry. And Sandbox changes are being discussed tomorrow on TWAB

Also here is the image if you can't see embed

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

*quietly off in corner*

8v8

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Here's a stretch goal for ya *posts link to goatse on bungie twitter*

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Ah I didn't see that they were planning on doing something about it in march

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

May for vault increase. Sad face

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Adregan posted:

May for vault increase. Sad face

bro how is monster hunter?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
drat I can't wait to unlock the sweet Season 2 Raid Ornaments by completing the Prestige Lair when it launches in Season 3!!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Monster Hunter World looks boring and lame

Have you noticed what thread you're in?

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Roman posted:

The Division found a way to make shader permanent, reusable, and making simultaneous uses possible. They completely redid the shader system to accommodate the new shader process. New screens, new storage subsystem, new equiping process. Everything.

Not saying that D2 can do this easily or even at all. The Division might have been a relatively easy thing to change. Just pointing out that if a company really cares and wants to turn around a poo poo game, they can do it some amazing things.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Lmfao theyre going to ask people to buy another goddamn season pass after this poo poo?

Fohhhhhhhhh

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So can somebody explain to my dumb rear end what it is about TTK in this game that's so screwed up? Where it feels like if it's 1v1, we're shooting confetti at each other but whenever it's two guys you're dead in less than a second? What value did they change that makes this so weird and bad and different from D1, I just don't understand.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

VJeff posted:

So can somebody explain to my dumb rear end what it is about TTK in this game that's so screwed up? Where it feels like if it's 1v1, we're shooting confetti at each other but whenever it's two guys you're dead in less than a second? What value did they change that makes this so weird and bad and different from D1, I just don't understand.

Fun value

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Roman posted:

Development Roadmap
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46612

Sandbox changes on TWAB tomorrow

So I guess the game will still be pointless and lovely until April at the earliest, good thing I have all this time to play.... [pre-recorded audio] Halo 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lmfao theyre going to ask people to buy another goddamn season pass after this poo poo?

Fohhhhhhhhh

Where are you seeing that?