Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You sjw took grid girls from us.
Jokes on you, im going to the strip club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I am a SJW.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Give us back grid girls, you fuccman

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Some time ago I saw an interview with Ellen Lohr. At the time the interview was taken (and I guess still today), she was responsible for the training of (mainly or exclusively, can't remember) young female racing drivers.

Asked about the fact why so few women make it to the top racing leagues, she said that she notices that with a certain age, many women have a much harder time disabling their survival instinct in contrast to men when you place them in a race car. While most men have no problem not thinking about the fact they can die anytime now they - or someone else on the track - make a mistake, women are as quick to do this, and the survival instincts kicks back in. And this instinct constantly telling them to "back off" in the back of their heads simply costs them a tiny amount of time on a lap.

Sounds similar to what Coulthard and Eddie Jordan said, actually, and also makes some sense from an evolutionary point.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Well I'm out. It was fun posting with you guys.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

wicka posted:

Well I'm out. It was fun posting with you guys.

No it wasn't you big fat liar.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It was only a matter of time before :biotruths:

Car launches in two weeks...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

tuo posted:

Some time ago I saw an interview with Ellen Lohr. At the time the interview was taken (and I guess still today), she was responsible for the training of (mainly or exclusively, can't remember) young female racing drivers.

Asked about the fact why so few women make it to the top racing leagues, she said that she notices that with a certain age, many women have a much harder time disabling their survival instinct in contrast to men when you place them in a race car. While most men have no problem not thinking about the fact they can die anytime now they - or someone else on the track - make a mistake, women are as quick to do this, and the survival instincts kicks back in. And this instinct constantly telling them to "back off" in the back of their heads simply costs them a tiny amount of time on a lap.

Sounds similar to what Coulthard and Eddie Jordan said, actually, and also makes some sense from an evolutionary point.

Yeah nah.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Looking forward to Honda having their poo poo together and Renault struggling just to continue the pain of being a brain damaged McLaren fan.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

tuo posted:

loving lol if you arent begging for death at all times

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

tuo posted:

Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) is defined in terms of either a CD4+ T cell count below 200 cells per µL or the occurrence of specific diseases in association with an HIV infection.[28] In the absence of specific treatment, around half of people infected with HIV develop AIDS within ten years.[28] The most common initial conditions that alert to the presence of AIDS are pneumocystis pneumonia (40%), cachexia in the form of HIV wasting syndrome (20%), and esophageal candidiasis.[28] Other common signs include recurring respiratory tract infections.[28]

Opportunistic infections may be caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites that are normally controlled by the immune system.[35] Which infections occur depends partly on what organisms are common in the person's environment.[28] These infections may affect nearly every organ system.[36]

People with AIDS have an increased risk of developing various viral-induced cancers, including Kaposi's sarcoma, Burkitt's lymphoma, primary central nervous system lymphoma, and cervical cancer.[29] Kaposi's sarcoma is the most common cancer occurring in 10 to 20% of people with HIV.[37] The second most common cancer is lymphoma, which is the cause of death of nearly 16% of people with AIDS and is the initial sign of AIDS in 3 to 4%.[37] Both these cancers are associated with human herpesvirus 8.[37] Cervical cancer occurs more frequently in those with AIDS because of its association with human papillomavirus (HPV).[37] Conjunctival cancer (of the layer that lines the inner part of eyelids and the white part of the eye) is also more common in those with HIV.[38]

Additionally, people with AIDS frequently have systemic symptoms such as prolonged fevers, sweats (particularly at night), swollen lymph nodes, chills, weakness, and unintended weight loss.[39] Diarrhea is another common symptom, present in about 90% of people with AIDS.[40] They can also be affected by diverse psychiatric and neurological symptoms independent of opportunistic infections and cancers.[41]

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tuo posted:

Really makes you think

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) is defined in terms of either a CD4+ T cell count below 200 cells per µL or the occurrence of specific diseases in association with an HIV infection.[28] In the absence of specific treatment, around half of people infected with HIV develop AIDS within ten years.[28] The most common initial conditions that alert to the presence of AIDS are pneumocystis pneumonia (40%), cachexia in the form of HIV wasting syndrome (20%), and esophageal candidiasis.[28] Other common signs include recurring respiratory tract infections.[28]

Opportunistic infections may be caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites that are normally controlled by the immune system.[35] Which infections occur depends partly on what organisms are common in the person's environment.[28] These infections may affect nearly every organ system.[36]

People with AIDS have an increased risk of developing various viral-induced cancers, including Kaposi's sarcoma, Burkitt's lymphoma, primary central nervous system lymphoma, and cervical cancer.[29] Kaposi's sarcoma is the most common cancer occurring in 10 to 20% of people with HIV.[37] The second most common cancer is lymphoma, which is the cause of death of nearly 16% of people with AIDS and is the initial sign of AIDS in 3 to 4%.[37] Both these cancers are associated with human herpesvirus 8.[37] Cervical cancer occurs more frequently in those with AIDS because of its association with human papillomavirus (HPV).[37] Conjunctival cancer (of the layer that lines the inner part of eyelids and the white part of the eye) is also more common in those with HIV.[38]

Additionally, people with AIDS frequently have systemic symptoms such as prolonged fevers, sweats (particularly at night), swollen lymph nodes, chills, weakness, and unintended weight loss.[39] Diarrhea is another common symptom, present in about 90% of people with AIDS.[40] They can also be affected by diverse psychiatric and neurological symptoms independent of opportunistic infections and cancers.[41]

:what:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

https://youtu.be/v8TP1HlV2TY

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The Formula One GRID

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZsiEU4BB5I

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Thia is a Good Post.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

On topic:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

https://youtu.be/vWpZw2h4-jQ

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I love the really really old F1 graphics from pre-1994 where basically all the graphics (except Japan) were in the local GP's language which resulted in hilarious poo poo when racing in Hungary and ULTIMO GIRO at Monza

DERNIER TOUR.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

tuo posted:

It’s true, if you look at someone like Danica Patrick’s brain with an MRI machine you can see that her racing gland is quite oversized for a woman and her “not dying” gland is underdeveloped.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I love how most of this thread think Alonso is a good role model when he's pretty much a massive twat, even more so when things don't go his way. Much like every top F1 driver you need to be a bit of a oval office.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

track day bro! posted:

I love how most of this thread think Alonso is a good role model when he's pretty much a massive twat, even more so when things don't go his way. Much like every top F1 driver you need to be a bit of a oval office.

Counterpoint: Danny Ric.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Pirate Radar posted:

Counterpoint: Danny Ric.

He loving sucks mate. Duuuuuuuur my role model is a retarded bogan who drinks out of a shoe who is slowly turning into mark webber v2 :downsbravo:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

track day bro! posted:

He's not. I like him as a driver but he's a whiney oval office like the rest of the grid that no child should be looking up to. That literally was my point.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

track day bro! posted:

He likes anime.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

He likes anime.

Oh I love him and I want to kiss him on the lips.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

Oh I love him and I want to kiss him on the lips.

Good post, OP

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I wish I was that ripped.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

If you're not a whiney self entitled oval office then you're going to get nowhere in F1.

Also, am I too late for grid girls chat?

Do I care that grid girls are out? No. I didn't find them offensive but getting rid is a step in the right direction. What really boils my piss is this:

quote:

In TV terms, a number of changes are being contemplated. These were presented to broadcasters as unconfirmed plans at a meeting this week.

Among the ideas were:

- playing a soundtrack of music at occasional parts of the race

:wtf:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

If they want to play oontz music during the race, just have a stage nearby.

Sure, Indianapolis has an advantage to doing this by being a giant circle, but the Americans got something right.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
If formula e drops it for being too lame, it's probably best to think again. Fortunately under not Bernie stupid ideas don't get immediately implemented over everyone's objections

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

tuo posted:

Michelle Mouton would tell Lohr to gently caress off.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

enri posted:

If you're not a whiney self entitled oval office then you're going to get nowhere in F1.

Also, am I too late for grid girls chat?

Do I care that grid girls are out? No. I didn't find them offensive but getting rid is a step in the right direction. What really boils my piss is this:

:wtf:

Benny Hill theme whenever Ferrari get overtook, crash out, retire, etc would make me watch every race

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Michelle Mouton would tell Lohr to gently caress off.
She did tell Jorda to gently caress off didn't she?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Benny Hill theme whenever Ferrari get overtook, crash out, retire, etc would make me watch every race

See, that I can get behind... but the thought of having some rousing soundtrack cranked up whenever the race director thinks something exciting is going to happen would just be utter toss.

Maybe I'm just getting bitter and cynical in my old age. Maybe it's what the youth of today really want. What do I know?! I'm just an old fart. Boo.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
formula 1 is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

formula 1 is dead

rip

• Locked thread