Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I was going to say, good lord her face! :stonk: What the hell happened to turn her into Ann Coulter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

People age, man. Sheesh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My fiance is rewatching Grey's and just finished her last season so that's how she looks in my head.

Edit: Alex Korev is one of the best characters in scripted fiction.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GreenNight posted:

People age, man. Sheesh.

She also has the puffiness commonly seen from Botox treatments.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Finished S1 of Banshee. This show is nuts in all the best ways, I can't recommend it enough.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

For the guy who's struggling to get into Banshee, it's biggest problem and biggest strength is that it really is all style and no substance. I don't even mean that in a bad way, but it can get tiring if it's not what you're in the mood for because unlike something like Spartacus it's just very one-note.

Also I just want to re-iterate for the third year in a row that Shameless is a bad show that should have died years ago and I don't know why I or anyone else is even watching it. At no point does it ever commit to any kind of real development and it's always dipping over into self-parody whenever the writers find themselves out of their comfort zone. Every one of the last 4 seasons repeat the formulae of introducing a bunch of interesting premises and then going nowhere with them or forgetting about them altogether.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 31, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MiddleOne posted:

Also I just want to re-iterate for the third year in a row that Shameless is a bad show that should have died years ago and I don't know why I or anyone else is even watching it. At no point does it ever commit to any kind of real development and it's always dipping over into self-parody whenever the writers find themselves out of their comfort zone. Every one of the last 4 seasons repeat the formulae of introducing a bunch of interesting premises and then going nowhere with them or forgetting about them altogether.

Counterpoint: Emmy Rossum is beautiful and I want to marry her.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rhyno posted:

If you want bad entertainment with Emmy Rossum front and center then you'd really get more money for your buck watching the Phantom of the Opera movie adaptation.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

I think I saw like 3 episodes of Roswell back in the day, I just remember that Heigel was voluptuous and Darla from Buffy/Angel was the FBI alien hunter.

I think that as a concept it could be a decent show.
I started watching Grey's Anatomy right when it premiered, before it got popular :smug:, because I knew Heigl from Roswell.

I bailed after season 3 or 4 though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jack McCoy, unless I'm misremembering, slept with literally every female assistant DA he worked with, so he's probably gonna be the villain of the week in SVU.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

precision posted:

Jack McCoy, unless I'm misremembering, slept with literally every female assistant DA he worked with, so he's probably gonna be the villain of the week in SVU.

Ohhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiit!

‘Ripped from the headlines’: Ex DA Jack McCoy accused of sexual misconduct!

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

precision posted:

He may have stopped after he took over for Ben Stone. I'm sure there would have been a cutting remark or it would have been dredged up during his election if he kept dipping his wick.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

precision posted:

He stopped after Kincaid died.

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

He may have stopped after he took over for Ben Stone. I'm sure there would have been a cutting remark or it would have been dredged up during his election if he kept dipping his wick.

It's brought up in the final crossover with Homicide, Sideshow, when the Ken Starr analogue starts ranting about his past dalliances, and McCoy mentions it to Cutter when discussing Cutter's feelings for Rubirosa.

Timby fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 1, 2018

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

MiddleOne posted:

If you want bad entertainment with Emmy Rossum front and center then you'd really get more money for your buck watching the Phantom of the Opera movie adaptation.

Also in bad entertainment starring Shameless alums there's that live action Dragonball Z movie. JimmySteve is the main guy and Fiona is also there for some reason. I never watched dbz but I sat they half of that movie just wondering what in the gently caress.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'd argue Phantom of the Opera is worse than DBZ on the sheer merit that it is actually trying to not be bad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

She's already married to Sam Esmail.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I want to make an impassioned defense of Shameless as I think its great but the truth is i stopped watching a couple of seasons ago and can never get up the energy to catch up because I just got tired of watching the Gallaghers gently caress up their lives and break my heart.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MiddleOne posted:

I'd argue Phantom of the Opera is worse than DBZ

new thread title please

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MiddleOne posted:

I'd argue Phantom of the Opera is worse than DBZ on the sheer merit that it is actually trying to not be bad.

Phantom is at least visually lush. There's also the humor aspect of Gerard Butler's "singing" sounding more like a bear defending its young.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Phantom was meant to be the role that would make Gerard Butler an A-lister. Didn't quite work out like that.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Are you insinuating that Gamer was not a masterpiece? :colbert:

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

I want to make an impassioned defense of Shameless as I think its great but the truth is i stopped watching a couple of seasons ago and can never get up the energy to catch up because I just got tired of watching the Gallaghers gently caress up their lives and break my heart.

Me too man... me too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

She's already married to Sam Esmail.

We'll move to Nevada.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
You can cook, clean, do wifely duties.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I watched the Cranston episode of Electric Dreams and it was meh and now I’m struggling to get through the Buscemi episode so can someone just tell me which ones are the good ones

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

OldSenileGuy posted:

I watched the Cranston episode of Electric Dreams and it was meh and now I’m struggling to get through the Buscemi episode so can someone just tell me which ones are the good ones

It would appear that "none" is the correct answer and the only Electric Dreams you should be watching is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek08KvgqFGM

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

GreenNight posted:

People age, man. Sheesh.

Knocked Up came out over a decade ago, it's oddly appropriate that the people still carrying a grudge against her ort complaining about how regressive an R-rated dick and fart comedy about a stoner knocking up a woman and never considering an abortion is to graduate to just straight-up bodyshaming her for aging.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Rhyno posted:

It would appear that "none" is the correct answer and the only Electric Dreams you should be watching is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek08KvgqFGM

You missed your opportunity to post this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc8yjOrGUhQ&t=107s

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Holy poo poo, I just finished the albino episode of Banshee too. This really is the most brutal show I've ever seen. I figured something like that would happen, but still, drat.

Banshee reminds me of Justified quite a bit, but without all the clever dialogue and character development, and turning all the badass Raylan Givens moments up to 11. It's still ridiculously entertaining, and I'm in it for at least the first two seasons that are on Prime. Not sure what I'm gonna do after that.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Holy poo poo, I just finished the albino episode of Banshee too. This really is the most brutal show I've ever seen. I figured something like that would happen, but still, drat.

Banshee reminds me of Justified quite a bit, but without all the clever dialogue and character development, and turning all the badass Raylan Givens moments up to 11. It's still ridiculously entertaining, and I'm in it for at least the first two seasons that are on Prime. Not sure what I'm gonna do after that.

Have you seen Strike Back at all? It doesn't have the pulpy, genre fiction veneer of Banshee but it has great chemistry between its leads and some dope action.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Also skip the original season of Strike Back. If you see Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead you're seeing the crappy season that deals with soldiers crying about killing bad guys and that it makes them sad.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, you want seasons 2 to 5.

I've only seen a couple episodes of season 6. The action's basically on par, but they try to make a xerox copy of Damian Scott and it hasn't worked for me yet.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I might try Strike Back instead of Banshee if the characters are that much better. I think what was driving me off of Banshee was that I just couldn’t bring myself to care about the characters, which makes it really hard to care about the stakes.

Though that video someone linked of the fight against the MMA guy was real cool.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Strike Back is about two dudebros bro-ing it out in third world countries and blowing poo poo up and having sex with the natives. They do unironic fist bumps. There is approximately zero character development. It's a real life Contra game with the Konami code.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Strike Back (not this new reboot) is best viewed as an 80s action movie split into two episode chunks. I has a lower T3 (time to tits) factor than Game of Thrones, and lots of people will get shot and exploded (and it'll probably be problematic but don't think about that).

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I bought the Strike Back Blu-Rays for my action movie-loving dad a couple years back, after a lot of enthusiastic recommendations right here. He LOVED it. I still haven't watched it, though. I've also bought him DVDs of Spartacus (he loved it, I haven't watched it yet), Prison Break (we both mostly enjoyed it), and most recently Justified (it's one of my favorite shows, he's just starting it). And he loved LOST and Person of Interest, but also watches a lot of bad shows.

I know he will love Punisher because he was my dad's favorite part of Daredevil, but he hates having to watch stuff on the computer. He'd rather pop in a DVD or Blu-Ray and walk on the treadmill for an episode.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

A Roku stick or whatever costs about as much as a set of DVDs.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
More Banshee chat: Nola owns. Now I finally understand why everyone in the Supergirl thread keeps talking about her.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

Is she supposed to be the replacement of Princess Markle? Big downgrade.

When you replace a princess, you can only move laterally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Popelmon posted:

More Banshee chat: Nola owns. Now I finally understand why everyone in the Supergirl thread keeps talking about her.

Welcome my friend.

Buckle in.