Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Plan B set in motion, now that plan A(inventing the term"witch hunt ")has failed to stop Mueller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Hey guys I just decided to release a memo. Here's the contents:

"The piss tape is real. Paul Ryan once ate my poo poo."

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

why does nunes need to desparately discredit the inestigation again? i forget. or do we even know yet?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

I dunk a lot on America in this thread, but I gotta say I still have a lot of respect for large parts of the country. In many areas of culture, science, economy and technology you are still absolutely leading the pack and the rest of us is looking up to you. You produce some of the best research, products and art in the world. Really hope you can reform your electoral system one day and start taking care of the lunatic trash that drags you down all the time. God bless.

Thanks but that “lunatic trash” part is far too intrinsic to America and nothing will ever change those people

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

why does nunes need to desparately discredit the inestigation again? i forget. or do we even know yet?

he's been running interference and trying to gum up the house intel committee pretty much since day one. most likely he's a tremendous toady but there's the possibility he's wrapped up in money laundering or other poo poo as well

e: hell, he recused himself from the investigation the first time around, hmbol https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...m=.5f71214fbe40

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

ROFL Octopus posted:

Thanks but that “lunatic trash” part is far too intrinsic to America and nothing will ever change those people

It's part of our national character. Look at how integral our national myth we've got a story about hat-belt-buckled weirdos escaping to a another continent to do Angry, Hateful Christianity because the CoE was like "Chill out, Dickwads."

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

World War Mammories posted:

he's been running interference and trying to gum up the house intel committee pretty much since day one. most likely he's a tremendous toady but there's the possibility he's wrapped up in money laundering or other poo poo as well

e: hell, he recused himself from the investigation the first time around, hmbol https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...m=.5f71214fbe40

Yeah he's putting a ton of effort into this lovely memo, so it seems like more than just "support are president." I didn't think I heard about specific ties to anything yet though, guess I was right.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

lol once again "Dumb Watergate" seems prophetic

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

World War Mammories posted:

“Chairman Nunes wants to make sure he is not a distraction to this very important investigation,” Ryan said.

:maga:

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Now why would he need to discredit an investigation about something that never happened :thunk:

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/MajorCBS/status/959094920656113664

"We must discredit the FBI!!!!" *Redacts everything the FBI tells them to*

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Guze posted:

Now why would he need to discredit an investigation about something that never happened :thunk:

To finally end the unfair witch hunt. Duh

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

look, the president said very clearly that mueller is not to look into his finances, and to do otherwise would be treasonous

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

https://twitter.com/MajorCBS/status/959094920656113664

"We must discredit the FBI!!!!" *Redacts everything the FBI tells them to*

Trump doesn't want to be the one to release it.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

I have the full memo here, and will release it now, minus a few redactions.

*clears throat*

We

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/959090384814133248

i'm dying

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lmao, quoting Bitchell

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

democracy dies in dankness

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Ok so here’s my understanding

Back during the election the FBI got a new a FISA warrant for an unnamed American that everyone across the board pretty much knows to be Carter Page.

The Nunes memo apparently alleges that the FBI acted badly in doing so by knowingly using fake information in the form of the Steele dossier as the central or only evidence for the warrant. Although this may not be the case because no one has actually seen it outside of the presidential yaoi club.

Adding to this that FISA filings are usually in the neighborhood of 60-70 pages and the memo is 4 meaning that it’s been cherry-picked to hell.

Do I have that about right?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

fruit on the bottom posted:

Ok so here’s my understanding

Back during the election the FBI got a new a FISA warrant for an unnamed American that everyone across the board pretty much knows to be Carter Page.

The Nunes memo apparently alleges that the FBI acted badly in doing so by knowingly using fake information in the form of the Steele dossier as the central or only evidence for the warrant. Although this may not be the case because no one has actually seen it outside of the presidential yaoi club.

Adding to this that FISA filings are usually in the neighborhood of 60-70 pages and the memo is 4 meaning that it’s been cherry-picked to hell.

Do I have that about right?

More or less. Also Nunes is almost definitely a white house crony doing exactly what they want him to and this is the second time he has done something fishy as hell wrt intelligence. How he still has his clearance, I have no idea

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

boar guy posted:

Wise words from President Camacho’s number one special boy.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I mean, there wasn't actually anything incriminating in Hillary's emails, but conservatives used it as evidence they were right about everything. If the memo comes out , Fox News just has to say the word memo over and over again and they will get whatever they want.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Can't fuken wait for Baghdad Sarah!

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
So let me understand this? Nunes made up a bullshit memo to feed a talking point to Fox News and their idiot base, not taking into account that Trump is actually a part of that idiot base? And now Trump is demanding the memo to be released?

That gets a lol from me.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Nunes has kneepads gilded in cheap gold paint.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Give memo why not done?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

boar guy posted:

New Cannabis Corpse album title confirmed

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

bloom posted:

So let me understand this? Nunes made up a bullshit memo to feed a talking point to Fox News and their idiot base, not taking into account that Trump is actually a part of that idiot base? And now Trump is demanding the memo to be released?

That gets a lol from me.

agreed. that's pretty lollsy

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

bloom posted:

That gets a lol from me.

It seems that hyping the memo as much as possible and spreading innuendo is part of the strategy too.

Because there's no reason for all these delays, Republicans can just release it anytime they want to. But they've spent ~2 weeks stalling now

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Here's a good short memo faq

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-document-explainer/why-washington-is-inflamed-over-the-russia-probe-memo-idUSKBN1FL652

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Why isn't Nunes still recused?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Oscar Wild posted:

Nunes has kneepads gilded in cheap gold paint.

Sounds about right considering that we now live in the early days of the Judge Dredd reality.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Burt Sexual posted:

Why isn't Nunes still recused?

Because, counter to what you night have seen in hit stuation comedy show, "Cheers", there is no Norm.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I haven't been paying attention. Can someone explain the memo thing to me like I'm a retard the president?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I mean, everyone already knew this, but as long as he kept his mouth shut this was going to work at the very least as a distraction, or better yet give actual legitimacy if the US was dumb enough to believe him. It was a win-win scenario.

But he had to blab about it. It's the nuclear subs all over again.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

nooneofconsequence posted:

I haven't been paying attention. Can someone explain the memo thing to me like I'm a retard the president?

:(

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

"In recent phone calls, Trump has told friends he believes the memo would expose bias within the agency's top ranks and make it easier for him to argue the Russia investigations are prejudiced against him, according to two sources."

*Reads memo describing phone surveilance
*Telephones friends to obstruct justice

Trumpy! No!

lol

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

nooneofconsequence posted:

I started typing an explanation but then i started laughing out loud that donald Trump is currently president, and so I post.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
they should release the Amanda Nunes memo, which states that orange bitch is gonna get punched so hard his diaper explodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's press ogre time! i wonder how she'll treat the press like garbage today

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 1, 2018