Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Mahoning posted:

Frankly I don’t really care. The answer to that has no bearing on what I said.

you said apparently college athletes can't stop raping women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
just wanna see if it's a thing you believe

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Might catch heat for saying this but....he might be right?

There is zero chance of this. If the NCAA cartel is broken up then blue chip recruits will just collect their booster money above the table, not go play for the Memphis Blue Lives Matter.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Congrats to shithead Boston sports radio station WEEI and Alex Reimer, who have now managed to piss off Tom Brady after saying his 5 year old daughter was "being an annoying little pissant” in his documentary.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

DJExile posted:

Congrats to shithead Boston sports radio station WEEI and Alex Reimer, who have now managed to piss off Tom Brady after saying his 5 year old daughter was "being an annoying little pissant” in his documentary.

Cool to see Tommy's daughter learned it from dad.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
Name me a single 5 year old who isn't an annoying pissant.

I'll hang up and listen

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

ElwoodCuse posted:

There is zero chance of this. If the NCAA cartel is broken up then blue chip recruits will just collect their booster money above the table, not go play for the Memphis Blue Lives Matter.
Right, and the cartel is not going away short of government intervention. There's too much money at stake.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

nature6pk posted:

I'll hang up and listen

As someone who works as a waitress.

All. of. them. SUCK.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

iospace posted:

All. of. them. SUCK.
Echoing this

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

nature6pk posted:

I'll hang up and listen

I love my nephews but yeah when they were around that age good loving lord could they be annoying if they got into a mood.

That being said, there's plenty of material to go after Tom Brady in a 'Tom vs. Time' Facebook thing without insulting his kids.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
A Match Made in Heaven

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dexo posted:

A Match Made in Heaven

:barf:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

iospace posted:

All. of. them. SUCK.
I deal with parents bringing kids into my office that are that age and yes, they are uniformly awful

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dexo posted:

A Match Made in Heaven

Hopefully she brought them lice from Clay Travis' kids to infest their office.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Pardon being behind on poo poo but who is this woman that everyone seems to hate?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Pardon being behind on poo poo but who is this woman that everyone seems to hate?

Someone who ran herself off ESPN by being a horrible person, then tried to be a conservative commentator, which also didn't catch on because she's a horrible person.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Britt McHenry, former ESPN reporter who became infamous for berating a wage slave, got fired when ESPN did mass layoffs and fashioned herself into sports Tomi Lahren.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://www.lebatardbrothers.com

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

probably NSFW because it's a liveleak video and their related videos will be hosed up, but here's McHenry letting everyone know who she is:
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9d1_1429192014

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/958550901748387845

e:

https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/958702793921105921

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 31, 2018

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/OldTakesExposed/status/958773665767874563

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

An additional ~$2.7 billion on top of the ~$5.5 billion or so Fox is already committed to, when viewership is down across the board, is a hell of a bet.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Well it's not like they haven't done something nutty like sold their tv production studio or anything.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

howe_sam posted:

Well it's not like they haven't done something nutty like sold their tv production studio or anything.

The studio wasn't part of the Disney deal.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeha as I understand it, this Thursday night football deal for Fox is them going back to mid-90s Fox and trying to make it more primetime sports oriented.

E:

Timby posted:

The studio wasn't part of the Disney deal.

I'm almost positive they were. All the film/TV studios went with FX and FXX, unless i missed it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
LAFC has signed an exclusive deal with YouTube TV.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

DJExile posted:

Yeha as I understand it, this Thursday night football deal for Fox is them going back to mid-90s Fox and trying to make it more primetime sports oriented.

E:

I'm almost positive they were. All the film/TV studios went with FX and FXX, unless i missed it.

the studios and entertainment channels are going

it's in line with the belief fox is going to be heavily dependent on live events

also it's for 5 years when the previous thursday deals were for a year or two, that's big

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The deal is that Disney is getting everything except for the Fox Network, the Fox lot, some tv stations, Fox News, fox business, and Fox Sports (but the RSN's are included).

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/958881120950501376

jesus loving christ ESPN how desperate are you

How many bridges has Olbermann burned and pissed on at this point

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Why does anyone care about his "old man yells at cloud" schtick anymore. The last things I've seen him whining about are the baseball hall of fame and the Hartford Whalers

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DJExile posted:

jesus loving christ ESPN how desperate are you

He might well be the one person who hated John Skipper more than Simmons.

ElwoodCuse posted:

Why does anyone care about his "old man yells at cloud" schtick anymore. The last things I've seen him whining about are the baseball hall of fame and the Hartford Whalers

I stopped paying attention to him when he went on that insane rant a few years ago about Barry Bonds' Hall of Fame candidacy, calling the drama around Bonds and PED use the worst scandal in the history of baseball.

"Your career, your character, and your life have been weighed in the balance and found wanting." :fuckoff:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

ElwoodCuse posted:

I think old men who yell at clouds are the only ones watching SportsCenter anymore.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Niwrad posted:

I think old men who yell at clouds are the only ones watching SportsCenter anymore.

Now and then I remember to watch on Monday nights if I care to watch MNF to see bad beats.

Also get off my lawn :argh:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

ElwoodCuse posted:

His bit where he throws self-righteous condemnations at people who clearly wouldn't be watching his show set the stage for modern twitter

Timby posted:

I stopped paying attention to him when he went on that insane rant a few years ago about Barry Bonds' Hall of Fame candidacy, calling the drama around Bonds and PED use the worst scandal in the history of baseball.

"Your career, your character, and your life have been weighed in the balance and found wanting." :fuckoff:

haha how was the PED stuff worse than when murderers rigged the world series what an odd man

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

EvanTH posted:

His bit where he throws self-righteous condemnations at people who clearly wouldn't be watching his show set the stage for modern twitter

He was the original Trump Reply Guy. Also he's fond of the word "pwned"

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Give Olbermann his own show again but he has to do it from the back of a van on the lot at 1am live each day/week.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

put Olbermann on Highly Questionable, watch him storm angrily off the set the first time Papi pulls his hand away

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I will say that during the first couple years of the second Bush term there was something genuinely kinda cathartic about Olbermann's particular brand of self righteous ranting but as tends to be the case with him it wore out it's welcome pretty quickly

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Olbermann was paid to yell MR. TRUMP HAVE YOU NO SHAME for gq for the last year and I'm shocked anyone hired him to be in real tv again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He is good on Bojack Horseman.