Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
In the patch notes yesterday, DICE said something along the lines of "a lot of things were changed but here's some highlights"

https://www.battlefield.com/news/update-notes/turning-tides-north-sea-update

You need to look at symetic or whatever that stat website is for exact numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thanks! I didn't play BF1 at all on the last 15-20 days and I pretty much needed this damage balance patch to come back. Shame that instead of nerfing the hellriegel, they just upped the rest because that won't make Hellriegel players use something else since it will still be outright amazing.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Wow AA guns absolutely destroy bombers now, each hit does like 20something damage it’s nuts

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Guillermus posted:

Thanks! I didn't play BF1 at all on the last 15-20 days and I pretty much needed this damage balance patch to come back. Shame that instead of nerfing the hellriegel, they just upped the rest because that won't make Hellriegel players use something else since it will still be outright amazing.

I didn't see a single hellregiel when I was playing last night. I'm pretty sure they added more recoil to it as well, but I can't confirm that.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

lambskin posted:

I didn't see a single hellregiel when I was playing last night. I'm pretty sure they added more recoil to it as well, but I can't confirm that.

Played for a little bit last night as well. All I really noticed is the machine pistols isn't as fun to use anymore. Hopefully they revert some of the changes to it so it returns in some way. On the other hand the Ribeye was made even better so I'm happy on that end.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I'm glad they buffed the AA gun, it's a skylord slaughter machine. But, god drat the new airship is basically paper mâché, there's no reason on earth to use it other than some dumb unlocks.

And the L-destroyer ship counts as a tanker class, so you can rack up points for the tank specialization unlocks.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
My beloved Benét-Mercié, what have they done to you? :qq:

A lot of the TTK changes are pretty good and/or unnoticeable but the Benét-Mercié is like a completely different, shittier gun now. The thing used to be a drat assault rifle and now I can't hit anything with it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

LMGs across the board are now worse at run and gun but much better when bipoded

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

And that's a lovely change since a good bunch of them don't have bipod, making them nearly useless.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Guillermus posted:

And that's a lovely change since a good bunch of them don't have bipod, making them nearly useless.

"Let's make the Parabellum which is already insanely good EVEN BETTER"

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
My new favorite pastime is lancing enemy cavs.

https://i.imgur.com/LnVoQwO.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/pDqVE5N.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/S9ECPEb.gifv

The best part about this is that horses tend to automatically jump before it looks like you're in melee range, so nobody expects this to actually work, which means enemy cavs will happily let you charge right at them. If you stab right before the jump, the attack still technically goes through and deals damage even during the jump animation. Get the timing down right and you too can unhorse enemy riders like knights of olde :black101:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ol Standard Retard posted:

I like the Perino now even more. The low weight has still low recoil and needs one less bullet to kill, coupled with the fun reload makes it great. I wasn't a fan of the parabellum since it overheated really fast but sure, in urban maps, take a street and ruin everyone's day.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

It feels like calvary armor is severely reduced, too.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

It's not changed, it's just that most stuff does more damage so cav dies faster. SAD.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

red19fire posted:

It feels like calvary armor is severely reduced, too.
Cavalry armor no longer applies if you're not on a horse. I'm not sure when that was changed, but it was definitely before the latest patch.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nice to see the BAR and Chauchat have gently caress all vertical recoil now. Well not that nice to see, gently caress that, low magazines and they're impossible to aim even at medium distances if you are not proning.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Ol Standard Retard posted:

The bipod changes made the parabellum worse when bipoded, it will have more horizontal recoil. Still pretty good in close quarters even though the hipfire and ads time was nerfed.

I'm loving the chauchat now though. That gun felt kinda lovely to me before, but now the increased 3 hit kill range makes it feel excellent. The telescopic variant actual feels useful now, especially when bipoded. It will only take a maximum of 4 hits to kill someone at any range I believe.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

I have no idea how to play this game anymore in regards to playing objectives. Unless you're an assault, you can't hold your own in close-range engagements, so being aggressive as a medic, scout, or support seems to just lead to getting about 70 damage in hit markers and then dying. I feel like most of the time I'm now cowering around corners or lying prone either healing myself, or just camping because you die pretty quickly trying to do anything else. I guess I haven't adapted well to this patch, but it also seems like that was its point...

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Yeah moving is a bad choice now, which sucks and is boring.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Laminator posted:

I have no idea how to play this game anymore in regards to playing objectives. Unless you're an assault, you can't hold your own in close-range engagements, so being aggressive as a medic, scout, or support seems to just lead to getting about 70 damage in hit markers and then dying. I feel like most of the time I'm now cowering around corners or lying prone either healing myself, or just camping because you die pretty quickly trying to do anything else. I guess I haven't adapted well to this patch, but it also seems like that was its point...

I play as a scout with a bolt action rifle and I can hold my own just fine in mid and close quarter engagements. I also literally always just sprint from objective to objective. 1 shot in the torso with the bolt action and then swap to my pistol to finish them off is the way to handle it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Authentic WW1 Experience

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

i can still run and gun just fine with lmgs, just gotta rely on hipfire more than ADS. The BUTTS need to play together again.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I need to play more to adapt to the patch. I'm still on my spergy "get 1 star with all lmgs" and left the BAR trench, Madsen trench and parabellum suppressive for the last so I'm not playing with my favourite ones.

At least I see less Hellriegels but I'm sure is because their autistic users are trying other guns and soon they'll come back.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Yeah, the Hellriegel is worse than ever but haven't seen a much of it.

I've been having good luck with the Chauchat telescopic. Hip fire is good close range, and off bipod you can tap out one round at a time and you essentially have a SLR damage model/accuracy.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

How do I sign up to kill people with other goons via PS4? I checked OP and saw it had been removed or something? My PlayStation is mostly media so my playing is usually done late at night.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

lambskin posted:

i can still run and gun just fine with lmgs, just gotta rely on hipfire more than ADS. The BUTTS need to play together again.

Agreed! No one seems to be on nowadays.

Also since they slowed the ADS time for LMGs you gotta wait until you're fully zoomed to start shooting or else you'll still have the hip fire spread. Learned that the hard way.

And the Escalation skin for the m1917 MG looks pretty sweet.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Soulex posted:

How do I sign up to kill people with other goons via PS4? I checked OP and saw it had been removed or something? My PlayStation is mostly media so my playing is usually done late at night.

Press L1 on the main menu which should bring up a side menu. Go down to platoons and search for BUTT. Just put a request to join and one of us should let you in.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I'll try hoppin on tonight, I've been real frustrated playing lately cuz I'm v bad and the only people left playing this game are loving insaneo twitchy death machines. Also every patch since launch has been dedicated to reducing the efficacy of The Chosen Gun, Mr. A.T. Rockit

Add gunshow_poophole on PSN if u want

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Anyone else feel like Elite classes feel kinda puny now after the weapon patch? I've been playing a lot of the Operations campaign and getting the tank hunter on Soissons, and I've been taken out so easily, like by people with pistols only. I feel like it was more robust in terms of survival before, though granted I didn't get the tank hunter kit a lot before.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Medic is ridiculous now. Like I had 3 matches in a row where I went 2-3 KDR

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I got the trench raider kit recently and immediately went on a 25+ kill streak. Granted it’s probably the best elite class, but either way they are still super powerful as long as you don’t charge into a group of 10 enemies.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Laminator posted:

Anyone else feel like Elite classes feel kinda puny now after the weapon patch? I've been playing a lot of the Operations campaign and getting the tank hunter on Soissons, and I've been taken out so easily, like by people with pistols only. I feel like it was more robust in terms of survival before, though granted I didn't get the tank hunter kit a lot before.

I know they nerfed the tankhunter's armour but that was a few patches ago. I guess all the kits will die a bit quicker to main weapons but that's not really a bad thing imo.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
Can some please explain to me why the gently caress, after 1 hour and 10 minutes in the operation Oil of Empires or whatever the gently caress it's called, I only got experience credit for the last stage when we lost and the operation ended?

There were 3 loving maps. My side attacking won the first two maps. I didn't get a screen with exp, ribbons, and k/d, I just got moved into the next map. I had two great rounds. Third map we lost, then I get the end of match screen and only the third losing match counted...

Why the gently caress did I just spend over an hour doing an operation

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
You still get the points and ribbons, it only shows you the last round stats on the post match screen.

It’s been like this since release.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Also experience is pretty much completely useless, so who cares.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

RCarr posted:

Also experience is pretty much completely useless, so who cares.

my

kdr

bro

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
BRO my kd tho !!

After not touching BF1 for months, coming back to this naval expansion was pretty sweet especially since I had no idea it was coming. Logged into one of the maps with a bunch of islands? and a billion destroyers and adorable landing boats, and it was really awesome. This game just looks so drat good, and not just the graphics. This is still the one game for me that manages to pull off the look of a bona fide war movie going on with squads of infantry surging together and planes buzzing overhead and and and

I still laid down behind a rock in front of an enemy flag facing backwards towards my dudes and shot 50 bad guys in the back

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
it had probly been a month since I'd played and i hopped on the other night with a drat near full goonsquad with pickle and breastler's buddies whose real names I know but don't remember their actual PSN handles lol

at first I was like "who hosed with my FOV/Sensitivity" but realized eventually that i was pretty spot on with my assumption that the proportion of tryhards to noobs continues to swing against me (as a Bad Gamer myself). Time to be killed / react to getting shot is shorter now.

Vanilla balance servers now!

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

I just want to see how I did, I don't think that's unreasonable. I don't play a lot of operations, so I didn't know the end of match screen only pops up at the end of the WHOLE operation...

but I'm drat sure only the last match counted in terms of (obviously) useless experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Came back to this after many hours of Destiny-ing and hoooooooooooly poo poo am I ever bad. I used to be a solid medic or MG guy, but this seems like a whole different game now.

Is there a Xbone goon squad for this or is it just the Slack stuff in the OP?

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 15, 2018