Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

But Captain Marvel is the best hero ever, the comics told me so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhonne posted:

Billy Batson is pretty great

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The first 2 episodes of DBSuper are Goku and Vegeta's domestic lives. I can't see how anyone could dislike this.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

The first 2 episodes of DBSuper are Goku and Vegeta's domestic lives. I can't see how anyone could dislike this.

It gets much worse after those since it just recaps the two movies in a worse way. Then it gets a lot better again.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Andrast posted:

It gets much worse after those since it just recaps the two movies in a worse way. Then it gets a lot better again.

there are bits of the recaps that benefit from the expansion even if the animation's way worse

beerus dunking on gotenks comes to mind

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man Matt and Woolie seem rather Bipolar in Batman recently. Being jerks and lying to their allies, and being friendly and jerks to criminals. And changing their minds and such between a lot of the stuff.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Carol Danvers being "the best hero ever" in the marvel universe is much like how YHVH being an omni-dispot in the universes of the SMT games works.

It is a symptom of something having gone very, very, wrong with the universe.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

MonsterEnvy posted:

Man Matt and Woolie seem rather Bipolar in Batman recently. Being jerks and lying to their allies, and being friendly and jerks to criminals. And changing their minds and such between a lot of the stuff.

Bruce is the poster boy for untreated mental illness

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Improbable Lobster posted:

Bruce is the poster boy for untreated mental illness
Modern therapy did not exist back in the 40s and mental asylums were the go-to, to be fair.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Andrast posted:

The recaps of the movies are way way better because they put in more goofy poo poo.

Like The return of Captain Ginyu is anime only and it so much better for its inclusion.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Except those extra bits aren't worth watching everything from those movies drawn out and way worse animated, directed by people who don't know why anyone liked those movies to begin with.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I would split the difference tbh

Battle of the Gods is better than Super but Super is better than Revival of F

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, if someone asked me "hey, I wanna watch Super, can I skip anything", I'd tell them to watch both movies and then jump into episode whatever for the original content. The extra stuff they can catch up on whenever they are bored.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dias posted:

I mean, if someone asked me "hey, I wanna watch Super, can I skip anything", I'd tell them to watch both movies and then jump into episode whatever for the original content. The extra stuff they can catch up on whenever they are bored.

you have to give them a shortlist of early episodes though. Missing Mr Satan And the Dog Aliens is UNACCEPTABLE

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So what happened to the KOTOR LP?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blockhouse posted:

Except those extra bits aren't worth watching everything from those movies drawn out and way worse animated, directed by people who don't know why anyone liked those movies to begin with.

Actually they're good and fine and better for the overall character work than the stand alone movies are since they're put into a context of a longer narrative.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Force choked

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Monster Hunter and dbfz

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I got the Souls Itch and I'm watching Chewie And Fuckface Do Drangleic again.

I forgot how much of a loving saga the Ruin Sentinel fight is for Woolie, and how genuinely tense the fight with Kurt Cobain at the belltower is.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I got the Souls Itch and I'm watching Chewie And Fuckface Do Drangleic again.

I forgot how much of a loving saga the Ruin Sentinel fight is for Woolie, and how genuinely tense the fight with Kurt Cobain at the belltower is.

Good Guy Kurt Cobain is probably the best intro to Dark Souls multiplayer anyone could have, it's such a pure moment.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
The answer on what to skip about Dragonball Super is the same as with all of Dragonball Z.
Fast Forward through the boring as poo poo fights and watch the inbetween bits of these goofballs hanging out.

Jokes aside, there's really no point to skipping through stuff. If someone enjoys watching the show, they might as well actually watch it over time. It's not like there's a prize at the end or a reason for rushing through it. There's more than a hundred episodes, so if someone doesn't have the time, they shouldn't watch it at all.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I'm usually not fond of anything that is Batman, but their current playthrough of the Telltame game is actually kinda fun to watch. I initially thought that game seemed like crap, but Crimelord Moneybags being best friends with the Joker and dunking on Catwoman at every possible opportunity is great.
I doubt the narrative will derail too much, because Telltale, but at least for now in the middle bit it's kind of fun that they let the hero get in on all kinds of poo poo and I'm glad Matt and Woolie have taken it in that direction.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

hoobajoo posted:

Good Guy Kurt Cobain is probably the best intro to Dark Souls multiplayer anyone could have, it's such a pure moment.

He even let Woolie heal mid-fight! Kurt Cobain is an honourable warrior.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
I don't know what it is about Bully where they aren't able to fully internalize any given system, to the point that Pat just read "Respect + 15" as a loss somehow, twice.

It's not like this game doesn't have some ps2-rear end problems but goddamn dude.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think the biggest proof our friends are poser dbz fans is using rock the dragon as a theme song

woolie you were from the islands i had high hopes for you

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Holy poo poo, Matt and Pat are so salty before they even get to the first match.. :roflolmao:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I love how Woolie spends almost the entire Fisticuffs just blowing Matt and Pat's assholes wide open.

Fighterz is good.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Dias posted:

I think the biggest proof our friends are poser dbz fans is using rock the dragon as a theme song

woolie you were from the islands i had high hopes for you

Why would they use something else? Besides maybe the Canadian Rock The Dragon

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

woolie is from canada and was black bagged by mom to the island, is I believe the actual way that played out

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

I love how Woolie spends almost the entire Fisticuffs just blowing Matt and Pat's assholes wide open.

Fighterz is good.

Woolie even gave them an extra week to play the game and neither of them did so.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was shocked with how close woolie's dbfighterz team was to mine. Granted I only had gohan swapped for 21, but Hit's weird rekkas are immaculate.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie had only played his mains

The fgc: not even once

I do really want to play FighterZ though

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 3, 2018

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Woolie even gave them an extra week to play the game and neither of them did so.

He had to know Pat wasn't going to even touch the game with World right there.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kay Kessler posted:

That’s very much what happened to me.

I’ll get into it when I’m done with World.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kay Kessler posted:

He stole his pie and ate it too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kay Kessler posted:

Pat literally said as much I believe on last week's podcast.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Dias posted:

Shut up Dias. You just jealous.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shindragon posted:

Shut up Dias. You just jealous.

I'm sad for y'all people not getting Chala Head Chala, but it's revenge for you shoving the Digirap over Butterfly on my Digimon dub.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Giant featureless areas with only one or two obvious landmarks and Woolie still manages to get lost.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dias posted:

I'm sad for y'all people not getting Chala Head Chala, but it's revenge for you shoving the Digirap over Butterfly on my Digimon dub.

What dub got the Digirap instead of Butterfly? I thought that evil was contained to the US only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

What dub got the Digirap instead of Butterfly? I thought that evil was contained to the US only.

The Brazilian version of Digimon was Digirap over Butterfly, and as far as I know there was never an official version of that song here.