Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Lungboy posted:

My local GW is re-opening tomorrow as Warhammer: Shithole and the special event only models are going to be available. I thought i'd be able to wander in and buy the limited Chaplain, but noooooo, the system is far more convoluted than that. You get a card and have to get 10 stamps on it to be able to purchase the Chaplain in March. You get a stamp for:

every £10 spent
participating in a battle arena
winning a battle arena
introducing a friend to the hobby who purchases a starter product

What an enormous pain in the arse as I won't have time to play in a battle arena (whatever the gently caress they are), so I have to spend £100 to get the honour of being allowed to buy the Chaplain. I'm thinking i might be able to place an online order for £100 in the shop, get my card stamped, then bugger off home and cancel the order.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-...HkAAOSwc2FaO6BQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Or like $10 from glorious China.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Well, I'm freaking out. First escalation league game tomorrow, I have zero models completed and am not confident of my rules knowledge.

I wonder if they'd care if I just took a forfeit on the first week...

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Liquid Communism posted:

Well, I'm freaking out. First escalation league game tomorrow, I have zero models completed and am not confident of my rules knowledge.

Complete models, give no fucks about rules.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's better than Waldorf.

Hell is a better place than Waldorf.

*I say this sitting in Bowie

Booley posted:

Or like $10 from glorious China.

:eng101: $4.76

Broken Record Talk fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 1, 2018

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

TheChirurgeon posted:

Love the way the table turned out! Any plans to paint the floors of the buildings as white marble?

Negative, they wouldn't match the game mat.(and its to much work)

One of my teammates for Adepticon is 3-D printing a building with a dais for the display board. Not really sure how I am going to paint it, but I'll likely follow Duncan's "how to" on buildings from Maccrage. It uses Zandri Dust, which is different than my bases, but I feel a different color is needed to make it pop out from the white.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Depends who you use. My preferred guy is $7+shipping. Definitely on the more expensive end of recasts but his quality and service are great.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Broken Record Talk posted:

Hell is a nice better place than Waldorf.

*I say this sitting in Bowie

Sitting in Waldorf, I agree with you.

Does that make us friends? I wonder if we both enjoy some kind of social hobby that we could use to justify hanging out.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Booley posted:

Depends who you use. My preferred guy is $7+shipping. Definitely on the more expensive end of recasts but his quality and service are great.

I prefer to ascribe the low prices to "aggressive currency arbitrage".

:shrug:

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
ITT: Suburban Maryland chat

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Artum posted:

You wouldn't be in Plymouth would you?

Unfortunately.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

AnEdgelord posted:

A lot more than that has been confirmed

Huh, I guess that's why they went quiet. Wish they communicated that a bit better.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Sex Cannon posted:

ITT: Suburban Maryland chat

Best flag best state.

BTW I don't know if it's still there, but in the Annapolis Warhammer store there were some knights and Storm Troopers on display with Maryland heraldry. They looked pretty awesome.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Serotonin posted:

Got a return game this week against a Catachan list. Last time we played neither of us had our codexes. What do I need to be careful of when playing them.
Will probably take this list mainly cos it's nearly all painted and I'm trying to see if it works (my second game with it)

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [63 PL, 1110pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: World Eaters

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 72pts]: Combi-bolter, Mark of Khorne

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 72pts]: Combi-bolter, Mark of Khorne

+ Heavy Support +

Defiler [11 PL, 189pts]: Mark of Khorne, Reaper autocannon, Twin heavy flamer

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince with Wings [9 PL, 183pts]: 6. Exalted Champion, Hellforged sword, Khorne, Talisman of Burning Blood, Warlord, Warp bolter

Dark Apostle [5 PL, 83pts]: Mark of Khorne, Plasma pistol, Power maul

+ Elites +

Chaos Decimator [8 PL, 210pts]: 2x Soulburner petard

Helbrute [7 PL, 147pts]: Mark of Khorne, Missile launcher, Twin lascannon

+ Fast Attack +

Blood Slaughterer of Khorne [9 PL, 180pts]: Impaler harpoon

+ Troops +

Chaos Space Marines [5 PL, 75pts]: Mark of Khorne
. Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. 3x Marine w/ Boltgun
. Marine w/ heavy weapon: Heavy bolter

Khorne Berzerkers [9 PL, 146pts]: Icon of Wrath
. Berzerker Champion: Bolt pistol, Chainaxe
. 7x Chainaxe and bolt pistol: 7x Chainaxe

Khorne Berzerkers [9 PL, 143pts]: 7x Chainsword and bolt pistol, Icon of Wrath
. Berzerker Champion: Bolt pistol, Power axe

++ Total: [80 PL, 1500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

List worked well and I ground out a 16-11 win. Catachan have some nasty tricks.
The Defiler sort of worked exactly as intended. Stuck it in the middle, advanced and popped smoke. My opponent shot pretty much his entire list into it to kill it letting all my other stuff get into position to do what it needed to do. Only real mistakes were on deployment, sticking my Blood Slaughterer on a flank. Despite its speed it didn't really get to do anything all game and I think if I had put it centrally with the Defiler it would have caused havoc.

Other takeaway is dont charge a Manticore with a Demon Prince. Overwatch from one of those stupidly large cartoon rockets really loving hurts.

Great game and I loved seeing the guys old school Catachans.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Serotonin posted:

Other takeaway is dont charge a Manticore with a Demon Prince. Overwatch from one of those stupidly large cartoon rockets really loving hurts.

:lol:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Best flag best state.

BTW I don't know if it's still there, but in the Annapolis Warhammer store there were some knights and Storm Troopers on display with Maryland heraldry. They looked pretty awesome.

I'm not gonna lie, I didn't know what the Maryland flag looked like until I just looked it up. Easily the best flag.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Two articles have popped up that preview some of what's coming in the TSons codex:

Part 1: Rubric Marines
Reveals two new Psychic powers, a Stratagem, and a Relic.

[url=https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/01/eddie-agent-change-part-2-tzaangorgw-homepage-post-4/]Part 2: Tzaangors[url]
Reveals how the AoS stuff is going to be converted to 40k, a few things about Vortex beasts, and another Stratagem.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Some really tasty stuff there, they’re definitely pointing out how to get the turn one charges in these days. I need to dig through my Codexes to see if there’s other sources to Hit from Tzeentch soup, since that could make Tzaangor Enlightened very nasty indeed. Hopefully they’ve made Scarab Occultists better. Though even having the sorcerer able to cast stuff other than hobo Smite is an upgrade.

Tzeentch soup looks a lot of fun this edition. Really speaks to me. Daemons and daemon engines and beast men and unstoppable automaton men, oh my.

Not going to lie - I’m glad the AoS models clearly didn’t sell enough!

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I hope TSons get a start collecting box

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Best flag best state.

ehhh... http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/08/02/maryland-flag-confederate-history/

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Doesn't change the fact that the design looks sweet. It's basically the only major heraldic flag in the US, which gives it automatic cool points.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Liquid Communism posted:

Eh, I came back after not playing since 2003 and everyone there was really helpful. The games don't take that long, and I'm sure there will just be people milling around that would be happy to help you out, that's how it went for me.

They claimed the rules were tabletop quality minis, (3 colors and a shade) but there were some half-painted armies and nobody gave a poo poo. They shouldn't, considering how much you gotta outlay for the drat things anyway.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc0-8BBkkq4

:aaaaa:
It's a sign of the end times for sure.

Also Morty won Model of the year apparently. :effort:

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 1, 2018

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Cooked Auto posted:

I love how they gave you half a second of hope that it was about plastic sisters.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
They are really good at these live action ads.

Edit: The Sisters clock being on five minutes to midnight is absolute proof that SoB are coming. Quickly, to BoLS!

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 1, 2018

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Booley posted:

I love how they gave you half a second of hope that it was about plastic sisters.

I actually had to pause and go back to see what the other clocks were for and had a hearty laugh about the two other labels.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Flag slightly less good, still the best flag.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cooked Auto posted:

Where's the Old World clock? :colbert:

It's just a bounty hunter for Necromunda like the beastman, but it's cool to see. :shobon: I picked up the beastman at LVO and it's a great model. I'll definitely pick up the squat.

GIMME DANGER in the SLAM SECTOR

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 1, 2018

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Safety Factor posted:

Where's the Old World clock? :colbert:

It's just a bounty hunter for Necromunda like the beastman, but it's cool to see. :shobon: I picked up the beastman at LVO and it's a great model. I'll definitely pick up the squat.

GIMME DANGER in the SLAM SECTOR

More slam sector. Slam sector is the best sector. Scrunts and Squats, its all good.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Complete models, give no fucks about rules.

I am a slave to my standards. 16 models from primer to full color basecoat so far today.

Also this, which I am goddamn proud of.

Top layer's metallic base, so it glitters in person.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 1, 2018

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Picking up the Triumvirate of Ynnead today along with a Solitaire. Gonna grab those so I can cross play with all the space elves.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Serotonin posted:

List worked well and I ground out a 16-11 win. Catachan have some nasty tricks.
The Defiler sort of worked exactly as intended. Stuck it in the middle, advanced and popped smoke. My opponent shot pretty much his entire list into it to kill it letting all my other stuff get into position to do what it needed to do. Only real mistakes were on deployment, sticking my Blood Slaughterer on a flank. Despite its speed it didn't really get to do anything all game and I think if I had put it centrally with the Defiler it would have caused havoc.

Great game and I loved seeing the guys old school Catachans.

Hey it's Catachan Alex! It is a cool army. Well done on pulling out the win, he has a decent list.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I thought they couldnt even talk about squats because of some legal reasons. Im not too familiar why squats are just completely gone.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Hihohe posted:

I thought they couldnt even talk about squats because of some legal reasons. Im not too familiar why squats are just completely gone.

Since 5E they've officially existed. It's just a meme.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
You're thinking of Malal. Squats were gone because the studio couldn't come up with a version of them worth doing and/or got so hosed off with being asked they dug their heels in.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Hihohe posted:

the were good in Epic but a dumb idea in 40k and they couldn't think of what to do with them

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I think a part of it was also about trying to cleanly separate WHFB and WH40k, which is also why a bunch of Tau Empire races that are basically "This WHFB race but with guns" don't show up much/at all anymore. And why Hrud's went from space skaven to muddy spineboys

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Corrode posted:

Hey it's Catachan Alex! It is a cool army. Well done on pulling out the win, he has a decent list.

Yeah he's a good guy and it's a nasty fun list he's running.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If exo-suits, trikes, and land trains are wrong, I don't want to be right. :c00lbert:

I think the reality was that they struggled at making squats appreciably different from Imperial Guard and Space Marines. There wasn't room for them anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
... and then they came out with flying steampunk metal dwarves!