Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Equate posted:

For the majority of people it'll be a pain in the butt, until they learn they can put everything in the init file and have the remove fog and fxinit bound to keys.

That's part of what I'm saying. You can just write everything into an init file. You're also going to run into an issue that took Daybreak over 5 years to fix in Planetside 2, their config/scripts are all released un-encrypted. They will be easy to engineer and replace for years to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

So... overseas raiding: I take it you can't run off with heavy loot or carts or horses right? Since you can't take those across water? Or did they make it so horses and carts swim since there's no loot boats?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
nopppppppppe, only things that can cross water are people

IllusionsOflife
Jan 31, 2018
Pub Town Is where it is at. Lythander

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

nopppppppppe, only things that can cross water are people

duuuuuuuuumb. Need boats.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BeAuMaN posted:

duuuuuuuuumb. Need boats.

And fishing pacts.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
three carts of granite yesterday and cavalry 30 :toot:

if you use a practice bastard to autoParry while wearing light chain do you get double cavalry xp?

plan here is to hit 60 cavalry tonight so i can start using warhorses for my horse cart adventures

thinking i figured out my stats for crafterboy: 20 strength (for arbalest), 100 willpower (for 300 inventory), please comment

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Addamere posted:

three carts of granite yesterday and cavalry 30 :toot:

if you use a practice bastard to autoParry while wearing light chain do you get double cavalry xp?

plan here is to hit 60 cavalry tonight so i can start using warhorses for my horse cart adventures

thinking i figured out my stats for crafterboy: 20 strength (for arbalest), 100 willpower (for 300 inventory), please comment

yes. If you're good with your positioning, you'll effectively take no damage and level up incredibly fast. The armor levels whatever tree it's from.

IllusionsOflife
Jan 31, 2018
the game that brought you the horse centipede
By: Lythander

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trying to think about what a good use of my skill points will be now that I've got Mat Prep nearly to 100. I'm at like 80 digging, 60 artisan, nothing else really. My attribute build will afford me 400 points.

I was thinking maybe some mixture of Construction and Nature's Lore for making a bunch of roads and guide rails all over the place? Is there some magic number you want to hit in Artisan or Nature's Lore that's a sweet spot for efficiency-per-skillpoint for collecting wood? Is my Digging level already too high? I could maybe up my Intelligence, but I really like having 100 Willpower. Advice on how to best spam wooden constructions optimally for my own amusement while maintaining the ability to produce granite for the guild would be appreciated.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Addamere posted:

Trying to think about what a good use of my skill points will be now that I've got Mat Prep nearly to 100. I'm at like 80 digging, 60 artisan, nothing else really. My attribute build will afford me 400 points.

I was thinking maybe some mixture of Construction and Nature's Lore for making a bunch of roads and guide rails all over the place? Is there some magic number you want to hit in Artisan or Nature's Lore that's a sweet spot for efficiency-per-skillpoint for collecting wood? Is my Digging level already too high? I could maybe up my Intelligence, but I really like having 100 Willpower. Advice on how to best spam wooden constructions optimally for my own amusement while maintaining the ability to produce granite for the guild would be appreciated.

Depends on what you enjoy doing. With digging that high you could easily go into mining and precious prospecting. If you like discovering iron, silver, gold and the rare gems associated it can be a lot of fun. I would recommend staying in one “base” tree, whether that’s artisan, nature’s lore, or hunting, but otherwise don’t feel you are wedded to a skill just because you already have it.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Always remember that instead of re-skilling you can always make an alt. Especially if you bought one of the packs with extra tickets.

Edit: drat loving phone autocorrect

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 2, 2018

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

huh

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Instance Battle tonight was 100 of allies and us vs 50 Chinese

My screenshot button stopped working after that, so I don't have a screenshot of the field of red corpses.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Instance Battles are pretty fun.

Going balls deep into a group of Chinese and bear traps was pretty epic.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18AwE_z8Sc8

Stream of it

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

BeAuMaN posted:

For those of you who are big spenders or whatever:

On Greenman Gaming, they're doing a 1-day 20% off everything Anniversary sale with the code PAYDAY

They have the Life is Feudal MMO Starter Packs for sale:

Pilgrim Pack comes out to $39.99

Zealot Pack comes out to $79.99

Here's the comparison on the Life is Feudal website: https://lifeisfeudal.com/?section=contribution

Unfortunately the price for the cheapeast pack (Pagan) is hosed on the GMG site, so no savings there. No idea if these packs normally go on sale or not, but it doesn't look like it according to price history charts.

So uh, this is still going for those who need to buy, except there's now a code JUSTFORYOU that takes it down by 23%. So $38.49 for Pilgrim and $76.99 for Zealot. Apparently you can buy each one once per account and apply it to that account also, not sure if that's a worthwhile proposition or not.

Fallout
Mar 8, 2005
Ignorance is bliss

And here's my perspective of the fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqNkDpilBFU

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Revan if you're out there we miss you.

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

BEST :10bux: I EVER SPENT

BeAuMaN posted:

So uh, this is still going for those who need to buy, except there's now a code JUSTFORYOU that takes it down by 23%. So $38.49 for Pilgrim and $76.99 for Zealot. Apparently you can buy each one once per account and apply it to that account also, not sure if that's a worthwhile proposition or not.

With premium at $19.99 a month, the middle one is the best deal I guess- you get premium for a slight (~$1.50) discount and everything else (2 characters, 3 if you use 10k of the favor for a ticket) is a bonus. The other two are still good deals tho

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what does premium even get you

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Open your game menu and read subscription in the shop. The main thing is: life insurance removing up to 5 points of skill loss if you die (less than 5 points means no skill loss) and daily power hour (both crafting and battle skills) usable once per 24h which doubled skill point gain for one hour I think? All benefits affect all your characters on your account (I.e. each character gets their own separate power hour timer)

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Man I wish I coulda made that IB, looked fun as hell.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Hi Moose you mongoloid. You should pay 10bux so i can laugh at you here while you try to gain evidence to get us kicked from Feudal Union.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
He'd need to do that anyway in order to read the pgs thread where all the really damning stuff gets posted anyway

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

30.5 Days posted:

He'd need to do that anyway in order to read the pgs thread where all the really damning stuff gets posted anyway

Uhh, mods? PGS is leaking.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

edit your post

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
delete your lies and apologize

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Never- I hope you burn for what you did to forge.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
coward

astropika
Jul 5, 2007
no, not really
We've really hit the big time now, J4Gs and forum spies.

Hopefully we get a spot on the player council soon, dunno if that'll be before half of us get hired by the devs though?

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

BEST :10bux: I EVER SPENT
moose hacked the game and stole my cart of shaped stone

rear end in a top hat

attn new goons: we are in desperate need of shaped rock. please feel free to leave 3.5 cart's worth at my personal claim as soon as possible.

InstantInfidel fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 3, 2018

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

I knew it was Everstorm all along.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Also Hyperion bringing out 40 dudes to fight about 10 was :laffo:

Edit: And only killing one dude.

Second edit: the dude was me because i tried to take them on all by myself.

Simon Numbers fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 3, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trip report from my first pvp experience in life is feudal

while running back toward detroit on a warhorse i noticed a red named player in a guild called snow leopards chopping our trees

calling upon my 600 hours of mount and blade experience i focused my ki and lined up a perfect charge, wound up and held my attack animation with my big falchion, and rammed right into a tree stump or something and was thrown from my horse

having lulled the chinese named dude into a false sense of security with my skillful display of acrobatics i stood up and with a sigh once again drew my hanzo steel, because apparently being thrown from your horse also sheaths your weapon

waddled up to the guy in a really weird power walk animation that looks like something out of a caricature of a bad guy in a martial arts movie swaggering toward the hero, and without a sound i swung my weapon and whiffed right over his head

so strong was my e-bushido warning whiff and so impressed was my opponent with my steadfast video game ehonoure that he fled the field

fear not noble goons, our apple trees are safe under my watchful guardianship

Addamere fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 3, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trip report for the raid last night's judgment hour / my second pvp in life is feudal,

ran over a friendly dude with my warhorse on the way to the fight because apparently going between server squares or whatever causes all kinds of lag, sorry dude

spent an hour chasing a dude with a blue circle around him but never being able to keep up with him because i was constantly out of breath even with my 190 stamina

failed to hit a dude on foot who was running right toward me because i am poo poo at video games, but it turned out he was a good guy so hurray

successfully hit a dude on a warhorse who was running laterally across my field of vision because i am lucky

if you liked the feeling of being a confused newbie in eve online then you will love the pvp experience here

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
we murdered 6 korean dudes who decided to waddle up to our base without horses and then ran off 3 chinese guys who thought our trees looked cool and they would like to hang out in them

it was a weird night

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today my character spent all afternoon being pounded in the rear end which raised my Ranger to 70

not sure if this is an improvement over having archery skill punched into my face

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Addamere posted:

today my character spent all afternoon being pounded in the rear end which raised my Ranger to 70

not sure if this is an improvement over having archery skill punched into my face

I mean, if you're a ranger, you have to know how to handle wood, so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Shot a Chinese guy and stole this from him, many hours of work lost in 10 seconds with two bolts to the face.