Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DoctorGonzo posted:

formula 1 is dead

Died with Senna :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
formula e is the future

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Formula Pee

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

the only solution is to go back to 1960s safety, including non-mandatory helmets, hay bales instead of tyre bundles, pit crew wearing shirts and smoking while changing tyres and refilling, and Colin Chapman coming up with new ways to kill his drivers

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You Am I posted:

the only solution is to go back to 1960s safety, including non-mandatory helmets, hay bales instead of tyre bundles, pit crew wearing shirts and smoking while changing tyres and refilling, and Colin Chapman coming up with new ways to kill his drivers

Marry me.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-issues-2018-entry-list-1001353/

Official entry list. No new name for Force India yet, but:

-McLaren back to just “McLaren F1” obviously
-Red Bull becoming “Aston Martin Red Bull”
-Toro Rosso becoming the frankly stupid “Red Bull Toro Rosso”

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Pirate Radar posted:

WTF is a TAG Heuer engine.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

monkeytennis posted:

A rebadged Renault.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Carth Dookie posted:

A rebadged Renault.

I hate this sport.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Pirate Radar posted:

McLaren gently caress you honda Renault now F1 Team
Mercedes AMG plenty of Petronas oil Motorsport
Aston Martin drinks & watches Racing
the Sahara is not in Force India F1 Team
Alfa Romeo we have SUVs now so why not Sauber F1 Team
Scuderia old man boners Ferrari
Red Bull poo poo is that a Honda in the back Toro Rosso
Williams can't drink Martini legally yet
Haas shut up and drive Romain F1 Team

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Scuderia Ferrari still the best name
Red Bull Toro Rosso is a loving stupid name and i hope the honda gamble destroys the entire red bull organization

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Red Bull Toro Rosso isn’t quite as perfect as “The Los Angeles Angels” but it’s close.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Going to need a track day bro! take on these names

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

monkeytennis posted:

This is the third year they've done that.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

iospace posted:

This is the third year they've done that.

Lol being observant isn’t my strong point.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Red Bull Toro Rosso will avoid the humiliation train of having the records show you as “Toro Rosso Honda”

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Pirate Radar posted:

Red Bull Toro Rosso isn’t quite as perfect as “The Los Angeles Angels” but it’s close.

Of Anaheim

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Scuderia Ferrari still the best name
Red Bull Toro Rosso is a loving stupid name and i hope the honda gamble destroys the entire red bull organization

its not a gamble by redbull

renault fuckin dropped them

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Red Bull Red Bull aka Ferrari The Ferrari aka Very Good.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Petition to rename Aston Martin Red Bull to oval office oval office.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tomorrow formula e race is with the new Cars?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Formula E cars should have rules on safety, maximum size and numbers of wheels and let the teams go crazy for a few years. It seems quite self-governing due to the added battery weight required to mess around with dynamic suspension or movable aero parts etc.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Thanks Ants posted:

Formula E cars should have rules on safety, maximum size and numbers of wheels and let the teams go crazy for a few years. It seems quite self-governing due to the added battery weight required to mess around with dynamic suspension or movable aero parts etc.

“Safe enough, small enough to fit in the garage, more than two wheels” respectively

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorGonzo posted:

Tomorrow formula e race is with the new Cars?

No, new cars first race is dec/jan.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Tsaedje posted:

It was only a matter of time before :biotruths:

Car launches in two weeks...

I agree that it's dumb to say there's some genetic predisposition that makes women worse race car drivers. I'm firmly on the "nurture" side of the nature vs. nurture divide.

Like, for example if you take German F1 drivers, they were born as honest as anyone else. I'm sure they had hearts full of innocence as toddlers. It's only through growing up around dishonest people and learning to thrive in that environment that they become the unredeemable cheaters that have been ruining F1 for 50 years.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Thanks Ants posted:

You could do that for next season but then the season afterwards will be raced with 4 cars.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

HJB posted:

David Coulthard once said that the absence of women in Formula 1 was "nothing to do with their physical strength in handling high-powered cars. It’s simply they don’t possess the right attitude to succeed."

Consider this:

https://coin.dance/stats/gender

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Maybe they are not in F1 because the best, most batshit crazy, women gravitate towards motocross which makes all other sports seem tame in comparison and does not require millions in sponsorship.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I think the big question is what are all the rich dads giving their kids to play with at age 5. Presuming rich families are mostly patriarchal and sexist, dads are not giving their daughters karts to play with. Missed the opportunity to make a top level professional race car driver right there, can't make up for it at any point in the after that.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

learnincurve posted:

Maybe they are not in F1 because the best, most batshit crazy, women gravitate towards motocross which makes all other sports seem tame in comparison and does not require millions in sponsorship.

Also drag racing, and to a lesser extent, GT racing.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

So it turns out Scott Speed is a bit of a manbaby:

https://compete.kotaku.com/former-nascar-driver-scott-speed-suspended-from-iracing-1822694688

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

quote:

iRacing is a serious platform for both virtual drivers and those trying to crack their way into real-life racing, so incidents like above, where Speed is veering across the track to slam into cars, are pretty serious.

lol.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I dunno, if it’s a game that has set itself up and sells itself as “serious” and is deliberately trying to keep dickheads in general out, then people not being able to play the “do you know who I am” card is a good thing.

Plenty of other games out there where ruining someone’s day for shits and giggles is half the fun*, being the only one doing it in a game everyone else is taking seriously is funny for 5 mins but yeh, you going to get banned and you just got to own that fact. Selling all your gaming monitors in a huff because of a suspension makes you a petulant dick.

*My clan of comple bastards actually worked out how to grief noobs in maple story of all things back in the day.

Pacinamac
Jun 15, 2001
I CAN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED TO READ ANY FORUM SPECIFIC RULES BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE TOO MUCH TIME TAKEN AWAY FROM STICKING THINGS UP MY ASS
What the gently caress happened to F1? I leave for one year and it goes to total poo poo.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Pacinamac posted:

What the gently caress happened to F1? I leave for one year and it goes to total poo poo.

In the end, we will realize that the grid girls were holding up the whole sport.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Pacinamac posted:

It's always been poo poo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Pacinamac posted:

I highly suggest you follow this thread and even read the one from last season to get back in the loop, there's alot of large moving elements to this thread that won't make sense without context.

Also F1 is poo poo, watch MotoGP.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth won't shut up about pens and wants the thread to know about it. I think this is the one he bought and he likes it alot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Load-bearing grid girls

• Locked thread