Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Doom 2016 Snapmap went places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

chumbler posted:

Posting my cat. And the share icon because I'm a dumbass.

Man, Fall is way too far away.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

Each level's bonus challenge "badges" are hidden until you complete a first playthrough.

This level is absolutely infested with hostile civilians. I guessed incorrectly that one of the challenges was to keep all the civilians alive. Made it all the way through sparing their lives, but no badge to show for it. The tedium of sneaking by every civilian was brutal.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
that game is pretty cool and well made imo. its been going on sale for %50 off almost constantly these past few months if anyone's interested

need more stealth/strategy games on the market tia

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I don't have a real game console or pc, so here are some iOS games.

Four Last Things

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Shut up, Meg.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

quote:

same

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Same, Deception 4(?) for the PS4

A noble endeavor.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
next level cat fashion

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Foxhound posted:

next level cat fashion

I have questions, as follows:

• What exactly does "Third-rate Occasional Honey" mean?

• Is your main weapon a bagpipe?

• Does your dude there have pink pigtails?

Note that these questions are more of the :swoon: type than the :confused: type.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Memento posted:

[*]Is your main weapon a bagpipe?

Oh I can answer that; he's using the hunter horn. Its a bard-style weapon where you play music to buff your team before smashing monsters over the head with it. The sound it plays is indeed an atrocious bagpipe chord.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Same, Deception 4(?) for the PS4

Even though in English it's called Deception 4, it is in fact the fifth game in the series. They released the fourth one as TRAPT and I guess didn't think anyone remembered it?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh I can answer that; he's using the hunter horn. Its a bard-style weapon where you play music to buff your team before smashing monsters over the head with it. The sound it plays is indeed an atrocious bagpipe chord.

That's an awful lot of words to write "yes."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Memento posted:

[*]What exactly does "Third-rate Occasional Honey" mean?

You can make up a title for your hunter out of any three words you've seen ingame (equipment, names, items, personality, rank etc) and so you get things like say "Third-rate Occasional Honey" and my own, "Mister Mallet Man"

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Memento posted:

I have questions, as follows:
  • Does your dude there have pink pigtails?

Note that these questions are more of the :swoon: type than the :confused: type.

The other questions were answered. but for this one: Yes. The hair is almost always hidden since a lot of head armor pieces cover the entire head. But this one didn't so I figured it was the perfect time to snap a shot. All hair styles are considered unisex, it's great.

Foxhound fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Feb 6, 2018

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Keeshhound posted:

That's an awful lot of words to write "yes."

are you really upset they didn’t just write “yes” my dude

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

codenameFANGIO posted:

are you really upset they didn’t just write “yes” my dude

Yes.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Great remake.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Contents may be under pressure

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I’ve been snapping pics of this to add to this thread, I thought I was going to be the only one!

Funny enough but the new controls and stable frame rate makes this game easy. I’ve knocked down like 6 I’m about 2 hours or less.

Edit:

Beastie fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 8, 2018

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Beastie posted:

I’ve been snapping pics of this to add to this thread, I thought I was going to be the only one!

Funny enough but the new controls and stable frame rate makes this game easy. I’ve knocked down like 6 I’m about 2 hours or less.

Edit:

Huh, I just heard on a podcast that the controls were exactly the same as the PS2 original, and in fact the only things updated were centred around the visuals. Is that not the case?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Akuma posted:

Huh, I just heard on a podcast that the controls were exactly the same as the PS2 original, and in fact the only things updated were centred around the visuals. Is that not the case?

By default you start with a more modern control scheme, but you can switch back to the original if you want, for some reason.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So is whatever this is going to have 100% more Game Name anytime soon? I have no clue what it is, but it certainly looks like a large... thing.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

The Locator posted:

So is whatever this is going to have 100% more Game Name anytime soon? I have no clue what it is, but it certainly looks like a large... thing.

:colbert: that's on you buddy. It's a really good game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Locator posted:

That's a ban

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I meant to put the name on my posts but I figured the game and its style was prestigious enough to be recognized.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

It looks amazing and I had no idea what that is, it's not so hard to write a name.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Nude posted:

:colbert: that's on you buddy. It's a really good game.

Ah... console, that explains it. The giant thing looked familiar, but I don't do consoles so no reason to be familiar with and actually recognize the game. Thanks for the name.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Shy posted:

It looks amazing and I had no idea what that is, it's not so hard to write a name.

Shadow of the Colossus in case you missed my link.

The Locator posted:

Ah... console, that explains it. The giant thing looked familiar, but I don't do consoles so no reason to be familiar with and actually recognize the game. Thanks for the name.

It's a really amazing game! It elegantly combines puzzles, with strategy and skill. Here is a video if you're wondering if the screenshots live up to the expectation (ya it does).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgoGa2bz__M
(starts 3 minutes in) Also if you ever get into consoles you're in for a treat as they are a lot of exclusive games that just never get to pc.

Nude fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 8, 2018

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Shadow of the Colossus is a game about running around a desolate landscape, finding large things, and then killing them. There aren't too many games like it and none have really come close to the feel of being a tiny guy who has to to work out how to mount and scale these massive beasts. The third colossus in particular, the one in the screenshots, is iconic as hell because it's the one that got put on every single ad and promotional piece.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Brainamp posted:

Shadow of the Colossus is a game about running around a desolate landscape, finding large things, and then killing them. There aren't too many games like it and none have really come close to the feel of being a tiny guy who has to to work out how to mount and scale these massive beasts. The third colossus in particular, the one in the screenshots, is iconic as hell because it's the one that got put on every single ad and promotional piece.

All of his games have an almost dreamlike quality to them. I find it really serene and frightening. It's all so familiar but somewhat different. Like walking into your house expect it's not your house.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Miyazaki got into making games because he loved Ico so much and that and SotC were the main inspirations when he was working on Demon's Souls.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
I wish Ico was good enough to justify a remake like that. SotC devotes soooo much time to setting the tone for that world, and then the next game in the story just can't carry it.

e: ^^^^^^^holy moley this makes so much sense; I really hope Fromsoft's next project can keep up that feel.^^^^^^^

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Ico came out before SotC, unless I am misunderstanding you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I assume he meant The Last Guardian but that owned too so is wrong

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
I meant SotC is a prequel to Ico, unless I got that wrong. It spends so much of the ending hinting at stuff in Ico, but then if you go and try to play it, it doesn't live up even close to the same quality.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Please don't bully colossi.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Hey Beastie this is a very very odd question but: I remember back in like 2012 or so you made a thread in YOSPOS that was a "very YOSPOS Christmas" or something - it ended with RMS getting stuck in a door of a burning house. Was that you or am I insane? And if it indeed was you that made it, can you remember anything about the thread / title - for some reason it's been stuck in my head and I've been trying to find it for years.

If that wasn't you then my bad but I'm almost certain it was. There was also a line "and for little Billy Gates, not one Zune but two!" It's been driving me nuts and I'm pretty sure you made the thread - and I didn't realize you still post :)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

du -hast posted:

Hey Beastie this is a very very odd question but: I remember back in like 2012 or so you made a thread in YOSPOS that was a "very YOSPOS Christmas" or something - it ended with RMS getting stuck in a door of a burning house. Was that you or am I insane? And if it indeed was you that made it, can you remember anything about the thread / title - for some reason it's been stuck in my head and I've been trying to find it for years.

If that wasn't you then my bad but I'm almost certain it was. There was also a line "and for little Billy Gates, not one Zune but two!" It's been driving me nuts and I'm pretty sure you made the thread - and I didn't realize you still post :)

That sounds way too creative to have been me, sorry.

Lasse Lillebakken
Jul 23, 2007

请大家闭嘴
Brothers

Dirt Rally

Elite Dangerous

Kerbal Space Program

Thumper

The Witness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Man I'm really digging the art style for Hollow Knight, it's so simple but so pretty. Game is fun too!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 13, 2018