Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This kind of story is the only way some Trumpers *might* think that these mass deportations are a bad thing.

Most of us? We have empathy for others. We can put ourselves in someone else's shoes. We can imagine being brought to a foreign country and growing up there, doing everything we can and working hard to support our family and even risking our lives for our new country. Living with the fear that if we try and change our legal status, we'd be kicked out for being illegal.

Trumpers don't view it that way, it's all "DEM ILLEGALS IS ALL ON WELFARE STEALING JOBS!"

But this? He's a solider, which automatically makes him a hero to Trumpers. He's literally the "our veterans!!!" they're always screeching deserve our respect before we even think about immigrants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

The Walrus posted:

has anyone else stopped lolling recently. every don jr tweet especially makes me so sad

It happens. You're not alone. Get some exercise, indulge in a hobby, do something pleasant.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

mono posted:

No one cares more about military then I do :smugdon:

edit:

NO JESUS I DON'T WANT TO GET THE FLU

lmao

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

A Fancy Hat posted:

This kind of story is the only way some Trumpers *might* think that these mass deportations are a bad thing.

Most of us? We have empathy for others. We can put ourselves in someone else's shoes. We can imagine being brought to a foreign country and growing up there, doing everything we can and working hard to support our family and even risking our lives for our new country. Living with the fear that if we try and change our legal status, we'd be kicked out for being illegal.

Trumpers don't view it that way, it's all "DEM ILLEGALS IS ALL ON WELFARE STEALING JOBS!"

But this? He's a solider, which automatically makes him a hero to Trumpers. He's literally the "our veterans!!!" they're always screeching deserve our respect before we even think about immigrants.

Nah, he has a drug conviction.

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011

mono posted:

No one cares more about military then I do :smugdon:

edit:

NO JESUS I DON'T WANT TO GET THE FLU

Looks more like Jesus is mad at this guy for not sharing the drugs and hogging em all

Same, Jesus. Same.

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
Deporting are troobs and dying of the flu to trigger the libs

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

the ARE TROOPS poo poo only lasts until it becomes inconvenient. it's not like people completely lacking in empathy have an exception for veterans.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Tom Fitton, Jehovah Witness

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

A Fancy Hat posted:

They only care about ARE TROOPS when they're actively engaged in killing brown people, or as a stick to bash libs with. The rest of the time they don't give a poo poo about them

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/959282996556718082

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Imagine hating brown people so much you ok with arresting a veteran

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/959420780084854784?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E0

What do you have to lose

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Trump is legitimately losing his poo poo and turning on his own party. His paranoia has gotten to him and also his rotten maggot brain

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The Donald Front page

-
I’m proud to announce that my wife and I are having a little dreamer this summer!
-
Breaking: Memo release today.....Six More Weeks of Winter for Democrats
-
FACEBITCH IN THE SHITTER: THE TRUMP CURSE IS REAL!
-
SHILLS ARE COMING IN HOT TODAY, CENTIPEDES! Remember: A grey arrow might as well be a red arrow inside an H. HAPPY MEMO DAY LET’S DIG IN AND FIGHT!
-
I loving CAN'T WAIT. RELEASE THAT MOTHERFUCKING MEMO!!!
-
...when you refresh T_D every few minutes and its still not here... #MemoBlueBalls
-
I'm Andy McCabe. I could have been the Director of the FBI if that motherfucker Mike Rogers would have just kept his goddamned mouth shut!!!!!!1111 #!%&#%! Muh PENSION! HER TURN! REEEEEEEE
-
A lot of tendies will be dropped tomorrow
-
JUST FRKING RELEASE IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
COMEY KNEW THEY KNEW THEY ALL loving KNEW J A I L
-
My sister is on the local City Council. She volunteered for Hillary and participated in the Women’s March. But I’ve been working on her.
-
Interesting how Eric Holder seems to know what's in the memo. But how could that be possible, unless illegal FISA activity was going on ***GASP*** BEFORE HE LEFT THE DOJ IN 2015???!!!! TICK TOCK, TRAITOROUS SWAMP BITCH
-
Be gracious to salty liberals today. Seriously.
-
It’s Black History Month. Celebrate the first black US Senator: Hiram Revels, a Republican elected in 1870
-

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
From Trump's schedule today, because of course its time to go golfing again.

4:40 PM
President Schedule The President and THE FIRST LADY depart Washington, D.C., en route to Palm Beach, FL
Joint Base AndrewsOut-of-Town Travel Poo

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

oh my balls

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/959427333798158336?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E0

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Out-of-Town Travel Poo

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Along with trying to destroy the renewable energy industries, is this some sort of insane scorched-earth policy?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol. reminder that it took him like half an hour to complete the test too, so he probably got a couple of do-overs. and now hes bragging. lol

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The test for people who have never seen it

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
v real post

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Just turn your brain off!

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
I hate looking at character sheets for a system I'm not familiar with

Like what do any of these stats even mean? SMH

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the best the loving dems can come up with is a drooling idiot who inherited his wealth and has no accomplishments. why do they want an aristocracy there has never been a good aristocracy

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The test for people who have never seen it

So wait, is Trump saying it was hard to remember the date and location he was taking the test at? Is that what he means by the last 10 questions?

Holy gently caress, imagine being so insecure that you brag about passing a test, only for that brag to make you look even worse.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
He is the most humble guy

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

guaranteed this person thinks he'd know if he was in a cult

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

Stoatbringer posted:

Along with trying to destroy the renewable energy industries, is this some sort of insane scorched-earth policy?

The ultra-rich have begun Phase 3 :tinfoil:

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

FACEBITCH IN THE SHITTER: THE TRUMP CURSE IS REAL!

I want to know what this. Did someone see Hillary's face in their leavings?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the trump curse is when you eat a ton of fast food and then spend all night on the toilet with your phone

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

do we really need such a huge population In this age of automation? MAGA

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Smirr posted:

Out-of-Town Travel Poo

tbf, those can be rough for a man of his age

A Fancy Hat posted:

I think you're giving them too much credit. It's not that you're wrong, it's that once the radical conservative hivemind adopts an idea they spend an enormous amount of time & energy policing that dogma. That's why they have so many slogans, repeat themselves endlessly and castigate anyone who doesn't tow the line. As time goes by it causes a significant amount of retrenchment of position, and not necessarily because they disagree with that particular position, but because it's all they know or can do at that point.

I.. I'm describing a cult aren't I?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kumo posted:

tbf, those can be rough for a man of his age

I think you're giving them too much credit. It's not that you're wrong, it's that once the radical conservative hivemind adopts an idea they spend an enormous amount of time & energy policing that dogma. That's why they have so many slogans, repeat themselves endlessly and castigate anyone who doesn't tow the line. As time goes by it causes a significant amount of retrenchment of position, and not necessarily because they disagree with that particular position, but because it's all they know or can do at that point.

I.. I'm describing a cult aren't I?

nah, cults are deliberate. conservatism is idiots who desperately want to be in a cult but normal capitalism is already enough to wring out what little value they have.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

I really hope this detail makes it in the history books, that our president is super proud he could name 3 zoo animals.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

my new dog posted:

DO SOMETHING

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Yo when are the fake news awards gonna be?
It's been like 7 years since the last one.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the best the loving dems can come up with is a drooling idiot who inherited his wealth and has no accomplishments. why do they want an aristocracy there has never been a good aristocracy

foolish consistency

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

nah, cults are deliberate. conservatism is idiots who desperately want to be in a cult but normal capitalism is already enough to wring out what little value they have.

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/official-donald-trump-make-america-great-again-cap-red

I was curious so I went looking for cult characteristics. Here's a checklist from: http://www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm

The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.

‪ Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.

‪ Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).

‪ The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry�or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).

‪ The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar�or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).

‪ The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.

‪ The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).

‪ The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members' participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).

‪ The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt in order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.

‪ Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.

‪ The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.

‪ The group is preoccupied with making money.

‪ Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.

‪ Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.

‪ The most loyal members (the "true believers") feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Setting aside the obvious stupidity of the headline, isn't that a seawall?

And it's definitely a retaining wall regardless of anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
lol also you can easily google the test so i'm almost certain people helped him prep for it