Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My understanding is I basically got Tylenol + Codeine and an antibiotic :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
ticks

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My understanding is I basically got Tylenol + Codeine.
Well Vicodin is Tylenol + hydrocodone, so it’s fairly similar. Sucks when it doesn’t work, though.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I really wish that the part of my reptile brain that loves fizzy sugary drinks would die off. I haven't had a single cup of Coke or Sierra Mist in over a decade (and the few times I did, they tasted undrinkable to me to the point of not finishing it), but I'll be damned if I don't keep a 4pack of 8z Red Bull in my fridge because sometimes my brain screams "Listen here you have fed me nothing fluid-wise but water, milk, and the rare Bud Light for the last two months and you are going to down eight ounces of fizzy sugar water right now".

Like, I otherwise eat pretty well, it's just internally frustrating to have such a strong pull towards something so unhealthy.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 02:48 on Feb 2, 2018

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

MisterBibs posted:

I really wish that the part of my reptile brain that loves fizzy sugary drinks would die off. I haven't had a single cup of Coke or Sierra Mist in over a decade (and the few times I did, they tasted undrinkable to me to the point of not finishing it), but I'll be damned if I don't keep a 4pack of 8z Red Bull in my fridge because sometimes my brain screams "Listen here you have fed me nothing fluid-wise but water, milk, and the rare Bud Light for the last two months and you are going to down eight ounces of fizzy sugar water right now".

Like, I otherwise eat pretty well, it's just internally frustrating to have such a strong pull towards something so unhealthy.

Have you tried fizzy water? Ever since I started drinking club soda I completely stopped drinking any sugary drink easily. Something I thought I would never be able to do

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Carbonated water feels like a ripoff

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

coldpudding posted:

My favorite mechanical keyboard has died so now I have to either find a way to fix it or spend more money than I want to replace it, meanwhile the spare
keyboard I have to use feels like typing on fresh horse manure.
On the other hand, my original MS Natural keyboard from, like, '98 still works so I have no excuse to replace it with a mechanical one that I've wanted for a while. And in any case I haven't seen any in this split design so.

MisterBibs posted:

Coke zero.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
i wake up at 4 every morning and cant go back to sleep so i just get up.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

funmanguy posted:

i wake up at 4 every morning and cant go back to sleep so i just get up.

This, but instead of 4AM it's 7AM and rather than get up I just shitpost.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

KingColliwog posted:

Have you tried fizzy water? Ever since I started drinking club soda I completely stopped drinking any sugary drink easily. Something I thought I would never be able to do

This. I've always hated Seltzer/Soda Water/Club Soda, but once I tried flavored seltzer (Triple Berry Canada Dry Seltzer to be exact), now I loving love it.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Club soda + orange juice = sweet fizzy drink with vitamins

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I always have a 12 pack of lemon-lime seltzer water in my fridge.

Goes with everything, cheap as hell and won't kill me like soda.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Add a few dashes of bitters for flavor and you're golden

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I finally contacted my management about it being cold in my apartment at night and they said “must be something in your unit, we don’t turn off the heat at night” (mind you I used the word “down” not “off”); regardless, now it’s magically warm at night! On the negative side, my electricity bill may go up by a few dollars now :/

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I accidentally spilled one of my daily contact lenses so I had to toss it without using it. They're like fifty cents each, no big deal, except that now I have an uneven number of contacts and it's messing up my OCD something fierce.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
“Accidentally” damage or throw out one more. As you said, it’s only fifty cents and all will again be right with the world.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thin Privilege posted:

I finally contacted my management about it being cold in my apartment at night and they said “must be something in your unit, we don’t turn off the heat at night” (mind you I used the word “down” not “off”); regardless, now it’s magically warm at night! On the negative side, my electricity bill may go up by a few dollars now :/

I have heaters in every room that I have to adjust individually.
They are so inefficient that my bill in winter goes from $40 to $180.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

I cover this $2000 ASUS laptop I spent an arm & a leg on to buy with cheap $2 stickers from Zumiez. I know this upsets people & that is why I do it lol

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

This hotel laundry charges by the piece and it's like €3/ea for socks and t-shirts and unterhosen and the like and gently caress that's like €9 a damned day in laundry charges right there not counting separate gym clothes or outer shirts and pants and the like and I'm here a whole month and am too busy/lazy to do my own laundry and ultimately it's taxpayers covering it if I expense it all, but drat. It just feels wrong paying that much for laundry.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A3th3r posted:

I cover this $2000 ASUS laptop I spent an arm & a leg on to buy with cheap $2 stickers from Zumiez. I know this upsets people & that is why I do it lol

My friend

Have you hard of AliExpress?

Did you know you can get 500 stickers for $15?
Did you know that it is SO worth it?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I found out about the YouTube feature where you can tell it to not recommend particular channels to you any more. And it doesn't work.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I ordered something from an artist late last year. He got hit by the hurricanes that went through Florida but kept in touch and in December sent me a tracking number for my order. It never updated from 'pending' so I sent him a few emails chasing it up and finally in late January it updated to show that he'd actually sent me my item. I've been watching the tracking number every day and today it updated to 'arrived at Miami processing facility' which means it somehow took USPS 10 days to transport my package 300 miles from Riverview to Miami. God only knows how long it's going to take them to get it to Australia via what I am assuming will be a single mailman in a rowboat getting pushed out into the Atlantic Ocean. I just want my goddamn piece of art already :(

KingColliwog posted:

Drinking more soda water than still water is a really good way to get kidney stones. I've known a few people who drink soda water or mineral water almost exclusively and they've all ended up with terrible kidney stone problems.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Any time I drink, even just a couple beer, I have essentially a full blown anxiety attack all the next day.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

somedude posted:

Drinking more soda water than still water is a really good way to get kidney stones. I've known a few people who drink soda water or mineral water almost exclusively and they've all ended up with terrible kidney stone problems.

Didn't know that. I will have to read to see how much of a problem this can actually be.

Anyway I wasn't suggesting replacing all our even most water with soda water. Just to replace Stuart drink with soda water. I never have juice or coke and such anymore while I used to have a real soft spot for them. Now I'll drink one or two cans of soda water a day instead

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

cyberia posted:

I Googled this and found that this is a not uncommon belief but I couldn't find anything substantive to support this. Do you have a source supporting this?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

silence_kit posted:

I Googled this and found that this is a not uncommon belief but I couldn't find anything substantive to support this. Do you have a source supporting this?

I heard this podcast where Stevie Ryan talks about getting kidney stones from drinking excessive amounts of soda water. I've also known a few friends with the same issue.

Conversely, this study seems to suggest that some types of mineral water can help reduce the likelihood of stones forming.

From a brief Google search, it seems like soda or mineral waters high in sodium may be more harmful than those high in other minerals.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Remember Steve Lichman?

Well there are now two hardback books. Some 1,000 pages.
I ordered both back in... May? and it way supposed to be delivered on September.

Turns out they messed up with the Chinese printer and got shoved down to the bottom of the queue.

Now I have no clue when this crap is gonna get to me.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Ha! I ordered the same two books! I feel your pain. But I re-read the available strips last night and that re-affirmed my appreciation for them.

My current fwp/existential crisis is that I keep buying more books, when I have 100+ on my not-read-yet shelf already. I just really love books, man. Send help.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

The fire alarm in my building went off only three hours after I went to bed. Gathered up the kitties and went downstairs to learn it was accidentally triggered by a maintenance worker. Now I can't get back to sleep.
Oh well, I guess I have time to buy headlights for my car before work. I've been driving for months with only one and it died last night. Or maybe the night before. Or before that. People have been flashing me for a while now that I think about it. Whoops.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

angst about travel plans & moving plans. On the plus side, work is good and making a lot of money is good

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Someone on eBay left me (my first!) negative feedback because the VHS they ordered arrived and was a VHS, not a DVD.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Flaccid Trip posted:

Someone on eBay left me (my first!) negative feedback because the VHS they ordered arrived and was a VHS, not a DVD.

If it makes you feel any better, when I look at seller feedback less than the top rating, I'm looking for a consistent pattern of seller behavior and ignore all the dipshit buyers whose feedback consists of "did not read description, am mad." It will be okay.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

queserasera posted:

If it makes you feel any better, when I look at seller feedback less than the top rating, I'm looking for a consistent pattern of seller behavior and ignore all the dipshit buyers whose feedback consists of "did not read description, am mad." It will be okay.

Yeah but, like, algorithms, man.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
That my body decides it will brake down at every seam as soon as I signed up for a race. I really didn't need this runners knee a month before this...

Also I got the sniffles because the temperature swings are so large right now that the heating can't keep up so it is always a bit too cold.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

My favorite breakfast sandwich place raised their price slightly so now my order which used to be a nice, rounded total, of $6 is now $6.05 :reject:

Guess I should stop being a weirdo and pay for everything with credit like everyone else.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The cafeteria at my new office is amazing and we get a bunch of meal credits every month to spend on whatever we want.

The FWP part: I can't finish this tasty cheesesteak. It's just too big. I'll have to put it in the fridge for tomorrow. I really wanted to eat the whole thing now!! :(

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Inzombiac posted:

Remember Steve Lichman?

Well there are now two hardback books. Some 1,000 pages.
I ordered both back in... May? and it way supposed to be delivered on September.

Turns out they messed up with the Chinese printer and got shoved down to the bottom of the queue.

Now I have no clue when this crap is gonna get to me.

Seriously? Fuuuuuuuck.

I swear this happens to EVERY Kickstarter for books and games that use Chinese printers (which is like 99% because they're so cheap).

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just did an experimental gameplay recording with live commentary and it seemed to work, but little did I know that OBS had recorded the wrong window. 20 minutes wasted.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I've had a persistent cough for the past week. It's not bad and I have no trouble breathing (I even ran 24 km this Sunday), but it's annoying and I'll probably have to get some time off work to have it checked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Flaccid Trip posted:

My friend got negative feedback because a gold coin wasn't gold enough, even though it had pictures in the auction.

People are dumb.