Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Like I've said before, we got things like 5* tickets EARLIER proportionally than the japanese did. As it is right at this instant, there is no reason to believe that we will be worse off than the japanese when 7* roll out. The only way we would be worse off is if they rush out 7*s faster than in the japanese version and completely forgo step ups.

Step ups wont mean a drat thing if people dont have as much lapis to actually use it. A lot of stepups don’t garuntee multiple 5* let alone one, so if someone tries and gets nothing, theyre hosed for months until they save up enough for the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Also getting 5* tickets earlier than JP doesn't mean a god drat thing if JP is giving out twice as many in the same time frame.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I can't believe they fixed nearly nothing with this maintenance.

Now it crashed every 3 minutes, so there's that.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I like that the 10+1s are guaranteed 5* instead of 4*

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Skyridge posted:

Also getting 5* tickets earlier than JP doesn't mean a god drat thing if JP is giving out twice as many in the same time frame.

lol, this. We've gotten 2 5* tickets ever, JP gets multiples all the time.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ghostnuke posted:

lol, this. We've gotten 2 5* tickets ever, JP gets multiples all the time.

Thats 2 more than what japan had in this point in time of the schedule, just saying.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Thats 2 more than what japan had in this point in time of the schedule, just saying.
How many garunteed 5* banners did they have at this point?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tengames posted:

How many garunteed 5* banners did they have at this point?
I'd say that up to the type banner we are pretty even. The type banner skews things really heavily though, and I have no idea if Gumi are going to do it in global.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

hagie posted:

I like that the 10+1s are guaranteed 5* instead of 4*

Also that the weight-up on a featured banner is 90% on-banner (each of the 3 featured weapons is 30%), 10% off-banner.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

actually we are technically past the type banner because we leap frogged a bunch of events, but thinking that a good chunk of the money gumi gets is from asia I'm starting to think that if they do dump 3 guaranteed 5* banners on us it will be during lunar new year.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
so DFFOO (what a weird abreviation) basically kicked FFBE in the nads to force them to stop being dickheads about pulls

We also leapfrogged some events I really really wanted :(

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah considering potential holidays, we're not going a new FF related thing till at least the 23rd. People already dug up CNY raid assets and there's gotta be something for Valentine's so that's two weeks at least till FF9/10.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Cupid Luna and Artemios Enhancement were part of the datamined stuff. So that's probably part of whatever they do on Valentine's.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They are not going to suddenly starting giving us 5* tickets left and right. Would you rather get $10 now and $5 each week after, or $0 now and $15 each week starting next month?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

actually we are technically past the type banner because we leap frogged a bunch of events, but thinking that a good chunk of the money gumi gets is from asia I'm starting to think that if they do dump 3 guaranteed 5* banners on us it will be during lunar new year.

Weren't you convinced we were getting those three 5* guaranteed banners back during Christmas? Why would they wait to give them to us NOW?

Skyridge fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 2, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Skyridge posted:

They are not going to suddenly starting giving us 5* tickets left and right. Would you rather get $10 now and $5 each week after, or $0 now and $15 each week starting next month?

Well like half of the 5* and UoC tickets they've handed out were because of massive cockups we haven't gone through and probably wont too given how item world is still hosed up.

quote:

Weren't you convinced we were getting those three 5* guaranteed banners back during Christmas? Why would they wait to give them to us NOW?

Pretty sure I wasn't. In fact, most people were calling me a massive negative nancy during the christmas event because of how poo poo that event was. At most I said we might get a developers choice banner and well, it got out now.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I was hoping for those banners, or anything really because that Christmas event was such garbage. :negative:

Also the Secret of Mana remake comes out in two weeks, we might get something around then too. Betting no SD3 but maybe the SD1 Hero.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So, they responded to 25 "fan suggestions" on their Facebook page.

Lots of "thank you" and "we will consider this" answers.

Fountain of Lapis is a solid "maybe."

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
That wasn't quite what they said about the Fountain. They said they would bring it back every now and then.

You are correct that most of their responses were non-answers. I'd copy and paste it but Facebook mobile sucks at that.

The only thing I saw of note was that step up banners will come to Global.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I tried DFFOOOOO but it seems just kinda boring. No where near the depth that FFBE has, though we're still really early on in DFFOO so it could just more complex. I just don't really care enough to continue playing.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I think they completely hosed up the banners. And the vortex.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

But hey daily free summon for the next two weeks.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So, they responded to 25 "fan suggestions" on their Facebook page.

Lots of "thank you" and "we will consider this" answers.

Fountain of Lapis is a solid "maybe."

Link for anyone interested.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Yeap, banners and vortex are wonky.

FFDOO is cute, and I've had fun with it so far. Combat does have some strategy to it, based off of the major Dissidia titles Brave system. I'm in chapter 5, but the game hasn't really gripped me just yet?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Banner fix? Set your time zone to Tokyo.

Seriously.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Got a 2nd Aileen out of 6 tickets, but no CG Sakuya

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Yeap, banners and vortex are wonky.

FFDOO is cute, and I've had fun with it so far. Combat does have some strategy to it, based off of the major Dissidia titles Brave system. I'm in chapter 5, but the game hasn't really gripped me just yet?

It's cute having the game, you know, actually focus on established FF characters.

Some of them are a bit one-note but I am enjoying the crossover.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Daily half price

That will do.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
BS Sakura

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I used all my tickets (11 of them) and got Olif, half a dozen Roselias plus sundry trash. Not great but there's 13 days of free summons left to hope for something decent.

I went to try Dissidia but it instantly crashes on Memu (the same 5.1 android VM that FFBE runs in). It works on the tablet but thats rather inconvenient.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Apparently it only works in bluestacks

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Yeah it runs on blue stacks, not memu. I enjoy dissidia, its nice that it is only ff character based. The storyline is extremely lackluster, but the mechanics of the game are enjoyable; for now.

If it keeps getting better I'll keep playing.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Mischalaniouse posted:

I tried DFFOOOOO but it seems just kinda boring. No where near the depth that FFBE has, though we're still really early on in DFFOO so it could just more complex. I just don't really care enough to continue playing.

I mean if you think about it, that's like saying FFBE had no depth when the only content out was Grandshelt Island. FFBE only started to get complex when Demon Chimera showed up, and then when Wind Veritas ambushed you from the bushes on the 4th island or wherever. So I'd give it some time and see what it has to offer in a few months.

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission
did the ceremonial post-currency event unit smush

I drew seven loving Larsas and nothing else from that banner

woooooooooo

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I decided to throw a couple tickets in to see if I got lucky with the new Sakura.

Boom! Instant rainbow!

It's good ol' TG Cid.

While I am certainly glad to finally have him, I never expected to greet him with mild disappointment.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm thinking of holding tickets till awakened rain and 10+1 rolls till Seph maybe if his step up is as good as it was in Japan. Outside of GL surprised I feel like I'm set well into 7* releases. Hell, I don't really need Seph so I'll probably skip that entirely

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
6* Roselia is a pretty good healer... except she can't cast Raise without either killing herself or or using her limit break. If she could, she'd be around Ayaka-good.

Any gear or materia coming up that will allow Raise/Reraise?

Cedona would be a great character if her Combo Contestant skill weren't locked behind Blade Temperament or her Limit Break. Lots of decently high ATK and HP bonuses, as well as decent modifiers.

Any word on her getting an Enhancement to make Combo Contestant easier to get to, or with a longer duration?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

6* Roselia is a pretty good healer... except she can't cast Raise without either killing herself or or using her limit break. If she could, she'd be around Ayaka-good.

Any gear or materia coming up that will allow Raise/Reraise?

Cedona would be a great character if her Combo Contestant skill weren't locked behind Blade Temperament or her Limit Break. Lots of decently high ATK and HP bonuses, as well as decent modifiers.

Any word on her getting an Enhancement to make Combo Contestant easier to get to, or with a longer duration?

I think there's a Chocobo shop down the road that sells Raise as a materia.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

I think there's a Chocobo shop down the road that sells Raise as a materia.

If so, that's excellent news for those without an Ayaka.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

She even has a comedy DPS option with the Holy Wand and triplecast Holy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Phoenix Esper also comes with Raise.

Daily half pull was BS Sakura, that was an easy 5k Lapis saved for down the road.

• Locked thread