Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Speaking of cultural tradeskills, does anyone know any ogre (Rallos) or dark elf (Innoruuk) blacksmiths?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I named him Paladone. Noggin was taken

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
I can probably Smith the Inny stuff. If you can gather the mats (or need help doing it), got a 56 Wizard with 168 Tailoring and 120 Smithing.

How about Paladome?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Too late, I already made him, and he deserves to live after valiantly slaying a rat an entire level above him.

Fyodorovich
Dec 12, 2004

MASSACRE, at Lyons, i. 336; caused by jealousy, iii. 260

please knock Mom! posted:

Too late, I already made him, and he deserves to live after valiantly slaying a rat an entire level above him.

It’ll get better once you can move on to the Warrens. It’s a great zone and you can get some good mileage out of the kobold molar turn-ins, and decent cash for vendoring rusty/bronze weapons and wicker armor drops. Hang in there!

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Man is this really going to be the time I'm tempted to play this game beyond level 10 for the first time in my life? I have Monster Hunter to play.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I can probably Smith the Inny stuff. If you can gather the mats (or need help doing it), got a 56 Wizard with 168 Tailoring and 120 Smithing.

Here's my ingredient list for what I need (Imbued Plate Arms, Chest, Legs and Enchanted Chain Coif) assuming I got the math right (and no failures, highest trivial is 240, LOL).

3x Enchanted Adamantite Jointing – Crafted
- 3 x Enchanted Adamantite Rings – Crafted
-- 3 x Enchanted Lrg. Brick of Adamantite - Summoned
-- 3 x Neriak Nectar - Bought, Quested
- 3 x Neriak Nectar - Crafted, Bought
8 x Enchanted Folded Adamantite Sheet - Crafted
- 8 x Enchanted Block of Adamantite - Crafted
- 8 x Neriak Nectar - Bought, Quested
3 x Imbued Sapphire - Summoned (My cleric can do this)
3 x Leather Padding - Crafted
4 x Shadow Temper - Crafted
- 4 x Elven Blood - Dropped
- 8 x Essence of Shadow - Dropped
- 4 x Neriak Nectar - Bought, Quested
1 x Silk Swatch - Crafted
- 2 x Spider Silk
2 x Enchanted Adamantite Rings – Crafted
- 2 x Enchanted Lrg. Brick of Adamantite - Summoned
- 2 x Neriak Nectar - Bought, Quested

I'm assuming that the main things I need to farm are the Elven Bloods and the Essence of Shadow, right? I can pay for any of the merchant sold bits, of course.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
What's a good place to level around 20 and beyond? I'm trying to do Unrest but man, the place is train city. Group and solo content help would be appreciated.

I would like to get some dwarven work boots from the ghost dwarf so I could kick magical things, but that'll probably take a while.

PS: is one of you guys "braknars wife is fat lol" on the P99 Discord? They just randomly friend requested me.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 1, 2018

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Someone randomly gave me some minor cool stuff when they saw I was an Erudite Paladin. It's working...

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Dick Burglar posted:

What's a good place to level around 20 and beyond? I'm trying to do Unrest but man, the place is train city. Group and solo content help would be appreciated.

Do 24 - 35 in High Hold Keep basement goblin groups. There's only enough room really for one group at a time, but it's solid money and killer exp. I usually make ~3k or more on each alt I run through here at those levels.

Fyodorovich
Dec 12, 2004

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Do 24 - 35 in High Hold Keep basement goblin groups. There's only enough room really for one group at a time, but it's solid money and killer exp. I usually make ~3k or more on each alt I run through here at those levels.

Just stick with Unrest until then too, it’s got an insane ZEM. You can do 20-24 in a FP group just upstairs pretty quick.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Yeah I did well in FP (what does FP stand for anyway?) last night from 20-21, but god I hate Dagnor's Cauldron and its loving skeletons and goblins, and getting a group in Unrest as a ranger is ehh. I'll try to get a group later tonight.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh no I didn't pick Prexus, dammit. I forgot it was the merman god.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Sounds like a job for Paladome!

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

I have literally a thousand alts if this goon rush goes down, LOL not likely, I would be down this weekend!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Dick Burglar posted:

Sounds like a job for Paladome!

It was fate. I'll roll him up this weekend and try to get some non bad gear I guess.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Dick Burglar posted:

Yeah I did well in FP (what does FP stand for anyway?) last night from 20-21, but god I hate Dagnor's Cauldron and its loving skeletons and goblins, and getting a group in Unrest as a ranger is ehh. I'll try to get a group later tonight.

FP in that context = Fireplace. In other more common general usage it can mean Freeport.

Fyodorovich
Dec 12, 2004

Dick Burglar posted:

Fireplace.

The best way to run back through Dagnor’s is right on the water’s edge. As soon as you get out of the little canyon after the BB zoneline watch for wandering goblins and just bee-line for the water, then follow the edge to the right all the way around until you bump into Unrest. I like to zoom all the way out to 3rd person and strafe run the whole time because sometimes goblins will spawn in/run through the water, but you don’t have to worry about mobs pathing over a huge hill or up from a valley out of nowhere except for on the one side of you. Invis vs undead takes care of the skeletons but I’m a cleric so I’m spoiled.

If you strafe-run you should be able to outrun anything that might aggro provided you don’t fall in the water and as long as you notice any mobs that aggro you before they get too close. Just be ready to apologize to the poor bastards inevitably sitting at the Unrest zoneline :)

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

aparmenideanmonad posted:

That said, you should totally roll a tankless pet/charm squad.

Do what this man says. Encs, Necros, Mages, 5-6 pets you will be near bulletproof and whoop it all the way through dungeons.

I have a 35 necro, if you guys make it into the 30's I will totally be down for whoopin' through dungeons.

Orty
May 14, 2007

The possibility of some goons playing again makes me want to play again. Two biggest issues I have is lack of people to play with, and picking a class and sticking with it. If I remember correctly I have something like a 20 druid, 18ish monk, 16 mage, and I think a bard, enchanter, and necromancer as well of various low levels. All of which are twinked a little bit. I just can't decide which of them to actually play.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

I'd love to join you guys but my self control only applies to playing or not playing...my attempts to play casually a few hours a week always end in failure, and I don't have time for that kind of failure atm.

I dunno man. Raid windows are super stacked these days, you can make all raids basically just playing 1-2 days a week.

I feel a bit dirty waving the needle in front of ya like this but there ya go! :colbert:

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Herv posted:

I dunno man. Raid windows are super stacked these days, you can make all raids basically just playing 1-2 days a week.

I feel a bit dirty waving the needle in front of ya like this but there ya go! :colbert:
I have no desire to raid again - by not being able to play casually I just mean that I inevitably end up playing more than I ought to...a lot more. I roll an alt to play with goons and then I want to keep playing some other time than when the group is on, so I roll another alt. Or we have 7 people on and I volunteer to sit out and bring one of my stable of high levels over to port, pull, buff, or just straight up PL, so then I get to catch up on my goon-team-alt later alone. Pretty soon I'm staying logged in all the time and trying to multitask everything while doing something in EQ. It's worked out great before but I'm juggling too many things atm to make it work right now.

That's my e/n EQ addict story, see you guys at the next meeting.

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
I encourage anyone on the fence to come and join - it's been fun. Hoping to get a Goon group going soon.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Man, I need a new place to level my ranger (who just hit 22, thank goodness for light healing replacing minor healing) than Unrest. The place is either super dead (:downs:) or full groups in all the places I'd want to be.

trauma llama
Jun 16, 2015

Dick Burglar posted:

Man, I need a new place to level my ranger (who just hit 22, thank goodness for light healing replacing minor healing) than Unrest. The place is either super dead (:downs:) or full groups in all the places I'd want to be.

Gain a few levels and we can duo.

I had a group in dalnir recently. Pain in the rear end to break, but otherwise a fun jaunt for a group around 30.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Dick Burglar posted:

Could do UGUK, or maybe to aviaks in lake rathe or stuff in south karana.

Had a good goon three man in North Ro this evening. Was fun.

mattmuffinman
Oct 13, 2008
hell i'll give this a go again. I'm in as Oggo the shaman.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I have a 31 erudite mage and I’m aggressively bad at this game. I’m already in unknown guild and I’d definitely play with you guys

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Dick Burglar posted:

What CM said. Upper Guk has a crazy xp mod. You can lvl to 35 there.

Orty
May 14, 2007

I am giving in and playing again. I managed to sucker talk a friend into giving it a try as well. They have never played EverQuest before.

Any suggestions on what class would be easiest for him to get a hold of the game with? Bonus points if it duos well with something I can play.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Erudite enchanter, Erudite mage. One goes good, the other evil. (Or both agnostic if you want some flexibility...) Both cities share an adjacent newbie zone with wizard and druid ports, have a dungeon filled with kobold's that will make you friendly in each other's towns after several levels, and you can insert your duo into every group looking for clarity down the line.

Edit: AFK in tunnel, if anyone needs an <Unknown Guild> tag, /tell Bertbert and I'll send them out from EC in a couple hours.

Also need someone to make Klaymen an officer, it'll be way easier from a wizard.

Pillow Armadillo fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Feb 2, 2018

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

I have no desire to raid again - by not being able to play casually I just mean that I inevitably end up playing more than I ought to...a lot more. I roll an alt to play with goons and then I want to keep playing some other time than when the group is on, so I roll another alt. Or we have 7 people on and I volunteer to sit out and bring one of my stable of high levels over to port, pull, buff, or just straight up PL, so then I get to catch up on my goon-team-alt later alone. Pretty soon I'm staying logged in all the time and trying to multitask everything while doing something in EQ. It's worked out great before but I'm juggling too many things atm to make it work right now.

That's my e/n EQ addict story, see you guys at the next meeting.

I need you to help me with my rogue epic at level 20 again. Oh you have an Ishva robe? Perfect MQ it for me. Hey can you PL my warrior with ds?

#justEQthings

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
The one thing I wish they would add is chat channels. A goon chat channel would be so, so handy. And fun!

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Also need someone to make Klaymen an officer, it'll be way easier from a wizard.

I can do that if I see you on, but I think we might play at opposite times lately. I'll probably be on sometime this weekend too.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Been playing on this box the past week. Have not yet had a sighting of <Unnamed Guild> on a /who all check. Any officers planning to be on this weekend?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Be aware that <Unknown Guild> has a proud, classic tradition of breaking the /who parameters on our server. I believe it responds with a zero unless you are doing /who guild all from a tagged character.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Be aware that <Unknown Guild> has a proud, classic tradition of breaking the /who parameters on our server. I believe it responds with a zero unless you are doing /who guild all from a tagged character.

Oh man we need this on Red.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Fyodorovich posted:

I think there’s a quested breastplate in your hometown, too. Level 13-14ish iirc. You have to kill one of the sharks in the dock for the turn-in. It’s blue, too!

Erudite Shadowknights and (evil) clerics get special quested helm/shield/breastplate(?) as well that are really good. IIRC Evil Erudite clerics get a pretty good quest necklace as well that has clicky fear.

If you can stick through it though, you can get access to the erudite cultural tailoring (steelsilk) for plate classes that is apparently really good and the material requirements aren't obnoxious like you see with high/dark elf and dwarf cultural smithing. You just need to know a high level erudite tailor, which IIRC is more expensive to level than even blacksmithing because you need a shitload of player bought silks and skins. You can make some of that money back more readily than smithing on tailored backpacks and stuff I think though.

Edit: I still think ogre or troll or iksar is probably a better overall choice than Erudite for an SK, but for a Paladin, it really is more a matter of flavor, none of the paladin races offer any distinct advantage like Ogre/Troll/Iksar do. Dwarf Paladin works since they have good natural strength/wisdom before you get your twinking on, and the small stature makes it easier to navigate dungeons, but aside from that go with what feels right in your heart.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 2, 2018

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Honestly, I think I'm going to go warrior or something dumber instead. Is anyone starting a new alt around now?

Orange DeviI fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Doing / all "unknown guild" doesn't work?

wazu posted:

Been playing on this box the past week. Have not yet had a sighting of <Unnamed Guild> on a /who all check. Any officers planning to be on this weekend?

What's your guy's name? I'll probably be on this weekend. Look for Mauzer

Folks needing invites: be sure to post your name so it's easier for us to find you, if you can please.

ChairmanMauzer fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 2, 2018