Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I have no memory of late-2000 WCW so I'm left going both "Okay, they only have X months left" and "How in the world do they still have X months left?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I have no memory of late-2000 WCW so I'm left going both "Okay, they only have X months left" and "How in the world do they still have X months left?"

AOL doesn't finalize the buyout of Time-Warner until January 2001.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
A little bit of advanced warning since I know this is a legendary show (even if it isn't close to the worst WCW PPV of 2000)

Tonight at 8 PM:

NEW BLOOD RISING

Yes it's THAT SHOW

3 Count (with Tank Abbott) vs Jung Dragons in a Double Ladder Match

Ernest Miller vs Great Muta

Buff Bagwell vs Kanyon in a Judy Bagwell on a Forklift Match

KRONI>I vs The Perfect Event vs Jindrak and O'Haire vs MIA for the Tag Titles

Billy Kidman vs Shane Douglass in a strap match

Major Gunns vs Ms. Hancock in an ROTC Match

Sting vs The Demon

Lance Storm vs Mike Awesome in a Canadian Rules Match for the Canadian Title

The Dark Carnival challenges the winners of the Tag Title 4 Way

Kevin Nash vs Goldberg vs Scott Steiner

Booker T vs Jeff Jarrett for the World Title

It is the show where almost every match is THAT match.

7:30 preshow, 8 PM NBR!

https://synchtu.be/r/TheDJRanPosition

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Good lord, I cannot let myself miss this one.

Even though I already KNOW this isn't even the worst WCW PPV in 2000, on paper it still seems atrocious.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shiki Dan posted:

Good lord, I cannot let myself miss this one.

Even though I already KNOW this isn't even the worst WCW PPV in 2000, on paper it still seems atrocious.

It's not the worst but it might be the dumbest.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I feel like this might be the most infamous WCW PPV (although Slamboree 2000 and, due to how big the main event was, Starrcade 1997 might have it beat there), but at the rate these PPVs have been I'm expecting it to be above average for WCW 2000.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Was this the last straw that sent Russo home? I know the bookers while he was gone were basically told not to change what he was doing but as I recall NBR was basically the peak.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DJExile posted:

Was this the last straw that sent Russo home? I know the bookers while he was gone were basically told not to change what he was doing but as I recall NBR was basically the peak.

No, Russo is around until late October.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

No, Russo is around until late October.

well then

God, 2000 WCW is such a blur

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
BLOOD WILL RISE ON NEW BLOOD RISING

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

BLOOD WILL RISE ON NEW BLOOD RISING

This loving show I swear to God:

Jerusalem posted:

Well it really IS very simple:

In a professional wrestling match, a boy band fought a trio of Asians (one of whom was a Southern Redneck) for possession of a gold record and a recording contract, because without the recording contract the boy band would never get to sing a song and get a gold record like the one they got when they got it in the match before they got the record contract. Also Jim the Anvil Neidhart's lookalike decoy got drunk and wandered out to the ring and the commentators had to desperately cover it up by making up a story about a washed up fighter's deeply repressed homosexual lust.

The Great Muta showed up in WCW in the year 2000, wasn't hit by a steel chair, and lost a match to the Commissioner of WCW Ernest Miller, whose feet had been blessed by James Brown, gaining them the very specific power of knocking out The Great Muta. The match between Muta and Miller is best remembered for the crowd chanting a WWF catchphrase.

An elderly woman was put on a forklift and ridden out to the ring to a Nirvana theme-tune ripoff used by the wrong wrestler who was also in lust with the elderly woman. The steroid-popping freak son of this woman then came out and beat up a celebrity guest, and danced rather than save her from her precarious position tied to the forklift. To win the match you needed to get the elderly woman off of the "pole", also you could win by pinning your opponent or making them submit. But count-outs were right out.... maybe.

Two big dumb guys who can't wrestle beat three other teams to win the right to have another match for their belts later that same night - another team came down and got involved in the match as referees because they had referee shirts except for the guy who counted the pinfall who wasn't wearing a referee shirt but once someone slaps the canvas three times that's that buddy. The team that got involved was not the team that would be fighting the two dumb guys later that night.

A skinny meth-addict and the fat assistant manager of a department store stumbled out to the ring during a bondage session, both so high and drunk that they didn't realize they'd ended up in the middle of a Pay Per View.

A woman with giant fake tits fought a woman without giant fake tits in a big pool of mud and then one of them got pregnant from the sperm in the mud and started to miscarry because of the South's miscegenation laws.

Someone opened a time vortex to a brief 6 week period in 1974 when KISS was popular and signed a contract to unleash a Demon into WCW, perhaps for the promise of KISS merchandising rights in return. Luckily for WCW, a fat Samoan screamed at a startled Crow, thus summoning Sting from the rafters to vanquish the Demon to Hell.... which just so happened to be a WCW PPV called New Blood Rising.

In Canada the Canadian hero Lance Storm who loves Canada and is loved by Canadians and had got to where he had by being an exceptional wrestler who backed up his claims of greatness by beating his opponents in straight up matches proceeded to recklessly cheat as he was beaten again and again easily by his American opponent. The crowd cheered for bad guy Storm doing bad guy things while the commentators bitterly cursed his actions and hammered on him for being such a bad, horrible man that nobody liked.

Bret Hart showed up to pick up his back-pay and accidentally ended up on camera.

The two big dumb guys who can't wrestle and had beat three other teams to win the right to have another match for their belts later that same night after interference from another team that wasn't on their side and wasn't going to be fighting them later that night.... lost their match to the team of Vampiro and the Great Muta. Having achieved what he set out to do when he returned to WCW, Muta was able to return to Japan and reinvigorate his career thanks to the imparted magic of James Brown transferred from Miller's foot to his face.

Goldberg, Kevin Nash and Steiner had a match but the unprofessional Goldberg refused to :airquote:do the job:airquote: and :airquote:went into business for himself:airquote: and left the match which wasn't :airquote:on the commentator's rundown:airquote: so Nash and Steiner had to :airquote:improvise a finish to the match:airquote: themselves.

Everybody hoped Booker T's bad knee was okay. Turns out it was. He did a Spinarooni and knocked out the referee due to uncontrollable centrifugal force! The crowd feared Jarrett might win, and fearing the idea of a blond primadonna convinced of his own glory forcing himself to the top of the company and holding onto it with a deathgrip, they cheered for the antithesis of all those things by chanting for Hulk Hogan. This can be explained by the fact that it was a Canadian crowd, and thus their patriotism for America got the better of them. A sniper in the upper tier started shooting referees so the crowd threw garbage at the ring to act as chaff and stave off his aim. Booker retained his belt.

What's so difficult to understand about any of that?

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
You forgot that the referee who counted the pinfall in the 4-Way of the Tag Title match was actually a member of a stable that featured one of the teams in the match...but weren't in deciding the pinfall.
Meaning he counted the pinfall in favor of his stable-mates' opponents and cost them the title.
This was not a swerve nor turn, but played straight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shiki Dan posted:

You forgot that the referee who counted the pinfall in the 4-Way of the Tag Title match was actually a member of a stable that featured one of the teams in the match...but weren't in deciding the pinfall.
Meaning he counted the pinfall in favor of his stable-mates' opponents and cost them the title.

That actually plays into the storyline because MIA are trying to help Kroni>I n the name of fairness or whatever.

It's a bad storyline.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shiki Dan posted:

also Muta actually did run oiut for some reason during the 4 way, didn't really do much of anything which is why the championship tag match was set up so the Dark Carnival could win

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
should I get myself liquored up and try to do a more detailed recap of NBR tonight or tomorrow

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

should I get myself liquored up and try to do a more detailed recap of NBR tonight or tomorrow

tonight, strike while the iron is hot

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Post it in the other WCW thread since it's supposedly going to end up in the Goldmine someday.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Post it in the other WCW thread since it's supposedly going to end up in the Goldmine someday.

alright I will when I'm done

preview

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

preview

:laffo:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy gently caress :xd:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

exploded mummy posted:

preview

I can't believe it took me multiple tries to figure out what you did here.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

preview

Tremendous.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
LAST NIGHT WAS NEW BLOOD RISING!

Miss Hancock held her stomach in agony, is she ok?

Buff Bagwell won the rights to his mother!

Goldberg wouldn't go along with the script, is he fired?

TONIGHT:

Kidman and Vito vs Reno and The Franchise

Lance Storm defends the US title vs Mike Awesome with Special Guest Ref The Cat

Booker T defends the World Title vs Jeff Jarrett (WHY)

The Hardcore and Cruiserweight Titles will be on the line!

The Filthy Animals vs The Dark Carnival for the Tag Titles

Sting vs The Demon vs Vampiro vs Great Muta

AND SO MUCH MORE!

7:30ish preshow, 8 PM NITRO!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
available now at clips4sale

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
California Championship Wrestling is your preshow! 2 episodes remain! https://synchtu.be/r/TheDJRanPosition

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WEDNESDAY AT 8 PM, it's a night to bid farewell.

Yes my friends, all good things must come to an end.

Join us, one last time for California Championship Wrestling

AND

the final two episodes of Skye of the Damned.

Also Nitro.

On Nitro we've got:

Elix Skipper defends against Lt. Loco

Cpl Cajun and Major Gunns vs Kwee Wee and Paisley

The Natural Born Thrillers vs The Filthy Animals

Booker T defends against Chuck Palumbo

Tank Abbott vs Vampiro

Norman Smiley defends against KRONI>I in a Hardcore Handicap Match

Kevin Nash vs Vito

US Title Tag Match: Lance Storm and Jeff Jarrett vs Mike Awesome and General Hugh G Rection!

Tune in for the last surviving episode of CCW at 7:30, then Nitro!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The final CCW! https://synchtu.be/r/TheDJRanPosition

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So uh, what happens when Tuesday Nitro runs out of WCW to watch? Are y'all gonna just restart from the beginning and go in a loop, or maybe change gears to ECW or Attitude-era WWF or something, or just axe the project entirely after the Final Nitro?

I realize this is sort of an "elephant in the living room that nobody wants to talk about" question, but... if y'all are at New Blood Rising, we're getting pretty close to the end.

e: I guess now that I think about it, there's also the Invasion to watch after the Final Nitro before you can really completely stick a fork in WCW.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

NWA Mountain State!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
We'll watch all of the Invasion angle stuff, and when that peters out, the next logical step is TNA

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

WCW didn't think about what would happen if WCW were at risk of ending, why should we?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

So uh, what happens when Tuesday Nitro runs out of WCW to watch? Are y'all gonna just restart from the beginning and go in a loop, or maybe change gears to ECW or Attitude-era WWF or something, or just axe the project entirely after the Final Nitro?

I realize this is sort of an "elephant in the living room that nobody wants to talk about" question, but... if y'all are at New Blood Rising, we're getting pretty close to the end.

e: I guess now that I think about it, there's also the Invasion to watch after the Final Nitro before you can really completely stick a fork in WCW.

If you talked to MRT more often you would know he has a plan.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There is a plan in place and it is tremendous.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
The box! THE BOX!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tonight at 7:30, it's THUNDER NITRO! Yes another double header and made even more special because it's Mike Staples AKA Cheex night!

THUNDER:

Kwee Wee vs Corporal Cajun

The Nazis vs Jung Dragons

Reno vs Crowbar

3 Count and Tank Abbott vs The Dark Carnival (Vampiro, Muta and ICP)

I QUIT MATCH FOR THE HARDCORE TITLE

Norman Smiley vs MI Smooth

Major Gunns vs Paisley

Mike Sanders vs Disco Inferno

US Title Match

Lance Storm vs Mike Awesome vs General Rection

NITRO

The Dark Carnival (Vampiro and ICP) vs 3 Count

Paisley vs Tygress vs Major Gunns

HOUSE OF PAIN TAG TEAM MATCH

KRONI>I vs Nazis

LEGENDARY TABLES MATCH

A WALL VS LANCE STORM

BUNKHOUSE BRAWL

Rick Steiner vs Mike Awesome

WORLD TITLE MATCH

Booker T vs Kevin Nash (JJ Special Ref)

10 Person Tag

The Natural Born Thrillers vs The Filthy Animals

Sting vs The Great Muta

7 PM preshow, 7:30 THUNDER, 9 PM NITRO!

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 7, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

exploded mummy posted:

If you talked to MRT more often you would know he has a plan.

Yeah, sorry, I don't really pop in a ton because my work schedule usually makes it hard to. :smith: I really like the whole idea of this, though, which is sort of why I was asking because eventually work won't be preventing me from watching this, and it's good to know there's more in the pipe after the end of WCW.

e: funnily enough, I think I can actually make it tonight, because I'm sick as balls with the flu. Which is good, seeing as there's two Muta matches on the card.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cheex Night! https://synchtu.be/r/TheDJRanPosition

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This is a big one so I am announcing it earlier.

Spend your Valentine's Day Night with WAR GAMES 2000: RUSSO'S REVENGE!

The card:

Tag Team Title Match: The Filthy Animals vs The Insane Clown Posse

War Games Qualifying: Sting vs Muta and Vampiro

War Games Qualifying: Booker T vs Stevie Ray

War Games Qualifying: KRONI>I vs The Cat

War Games Qualifying: Goldberg vs The Franchise

The Natural Born Thrillers vs Big Vito

WAR GAMES 2000: RUSSO'S REVENGE!

7:30 Preshow, 8 PM RUSSO'S REVENGE!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

gently caress off

you brought up that match and then it immediately got announced

you cursed us

maybe the match never happened

maybe we fell into a universe where that was the case

but then you dragged us back the lovely-verse

rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Join us for the Knoxville Southeastern Championship Wrestling! https://synchtu.be/r/TheDJRanPosition