Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X
gently caress bits I've been playing since na release and haven't finished a relic, I just wanna buy the poo poo for it at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

taels posted:

gently caress bits I've been playing since na release and haven't finished a relic, I just wanna buy the poo poo for it at this point

Do it, you'll still have the satisfaction of grinding it up to 119.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Relic is fairly easy. Can farm dynamis nonstop anymore and should at least walk out with 500 coins per run.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

How much do 30k alex cost in money these days?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kazy posted:

On Asura about 165-180m

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
So are there any good crafting guides? Kinda got derailed with everyone going off about the shields

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Verbose posted:

So are there any good crafting guides? Kinda got derailed with everyone going off about the shields

Current crafting guide: unless you are making the shield, don't loving bother.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

frodnonnag posted:

Current crafting guide: unless you are making the shield, don't loving bother.

If you are making the shield, do a bulk order of socks first.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

If you are making the shield, do a bulk order of socks first.

Eat the socks so they come out pre-shitsmeared.

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
What the gently caress do I use to be an effective White mage? I've grouped with people who seem to be using auto-cure bots, they're just too automatic whenever poo poo happens. Are they all just using Cure Please? Is there anything else that is good add-on/plug-in wise for being a good WHM? I want to be able to do Omen and stuff like that with mine, working on a cursna set now.

EllEssDee fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 25, 2018

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

EllEssDee posted:

What the gently caress do I use to be an effective White mage? I've grouped with people who seem to be using auto-cure bots, they're just too automatic whenever poo poo happens. Are they all just using Cure Please? Is there anything else that is good add-on/plug-in wise for being a good WHM? I want to be able to do Omen and stuff like that with mine, working on a cursna set now.

Windower plugins mostly. Theres also a thing in game that shows your target's buffs and debuffs.

As for windower plug-ins try nostrum.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
is it better to just buy stuff off the AH for gobblebag upgrades then?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Verbose posted:

is it better to just buy stuff off the AH for gobblebag upgrades then?

Occasionally you can get the stew from login camp

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

EllEssDee posted:

There are certainly people that do a lot of that, but a lot of it is experience too. Eventually you just start to memorize mobs and their skills and what to do as soon as they use a specific move.
You can also filter your logs to only see important stuff.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Just finished the 75 excalibur, time to disappear into abyssea forever to upgrade it.

Murgleis: AG
Mandau: Like, i dunno level 85 or something
Excalibur: Made, have all items to AG, just need to do trials
Almace: 20/50 helms. Have all HMP/Riftcinder/Boulders to AG
Sequence: 8000 beads.

Ultimate lol RDM en route.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Just finished the 75 excalibur, time to disappear into abyssea forever to upgrade it.

Murgleis: AG
Mandau: Like, i dunno level 85 or something
Excalibur: Made, have all items to AG, just need to do trials
Almace: 20/50 helms. Have all HMP/Riftcinder/Boulders to AG
Sequence: 8000 beads.

Ultimate lol RDM en route.

Nirvana: glowy
Hvergelmir:sparkly
Khatvanga:safely in storage
Claustrum: 80 and sitting in trials until i have 100m+ sitting.

Get on my level scrub.

taels
Oct 19, 2012

Kazy posted:

Zaekkor posted:

On Asura about 165-180m

And how much does 165-180m Gil cost
Ssmesdit: how much are the dyna currencies worth now?

taels fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 27, 2018

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

taels posted:

And how much does 165-180m Gil cost

ask Jamie.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

frodnonnag posted:

ask Jamie.

Is that on here or in game?

Also still waiting on the bot deets

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

frodnonnag posted:

ask Jamie.
It's a real honor to be known as the official gil selling goon

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

It's a real honor to be known as the official gil selling goon

hey, i want to at least get you buyers that won't lead to you immediately getting your poo poo banned.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Feb 11th-28th:
Double plasm campaign for idris farmers
granules of time campaign for dynamis farmers
seals campaign (including cost of seal exchange reduced to 2:1) for fe'e farmers

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Tsurupettan posted:

for anyone coming into the game again: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38211/ffxi-update-patch if you pick these up and install them it saves like 10 hours of patching.

Should a fresh install still be 6 hours of patching even after downloading these files, as well as the 4 gigs of files from the ffxi website? Not sure if I messed something up or it just sucks that bad.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Ort posted:

it just sucks that bad.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Is there aoe tanking in this game? I've died trying to get my DRK helm twice and I really am dreading farming up another quadav mage blood

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Verbose posted:

Is there aoe tanking in this game? I've died trying to get my DRK helm twice and I really am dreading farming up another quadav mage blood

any ilvl character can tank that fight

taels
Oct 19, 2012

Verbose posted:

You thinking like drk in 14? No
There's some decent crowd control classes, brd and rdm have a lot of aoe enfeebles. arguably rdm was one of the best tanking classes with ninja or pld subjob for blink shadows Eva tanking of stone skin put tanking

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

i would loving love it if they made graviga a job point spell

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Flashga would be super helpful

Having fun after not playing since 2006. How do I find someone to get a linkshell pearl? I don't see an option to search by linkshell name. My name is Ortet and hanging around Tahrongi Canyon leveling for now.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Ort posted:

Having fun after not playing since 2006. How do I find someone to get a linkshell pearl? I don't see an option to search by linkshell name. My name is Ortet and hanging around Tahrongi Canyon leveling for now.

I dont think we can add him.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Is there a way to disable the trade/shout chat in cities so i can not have my screen fill with bile the second i come in from a field? The normal config settings don't seem to get rid of it

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Hivac posted:

Is there a way to disable the trade/shout chat in cities so i can not have my screen fill with bile the second i come in from a field? The normal config settings don't seem to get rid of it

Better option: troll the absolute poo poo out of everyone and everything.

/yell was a mistake.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
All you can do is turn off the yell/shouts entirely via the chat filters. There are no actual "channels" outside of linkshells and unity.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

hey so should I just power farm until 99? Been trying to do stuff at the "appropriate" level but I get the feeling the window for the real experience is long past

Any trusts I should try to get that are available right now but won't be in the future? I keep reading about ones that are OP but only around during certain events. Only level 27 right now so I'm sure that limits what I have access to.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Ort posted:

Any trusts I should try to get that are available right now but won't be in the future? I keep reading about ones that are OP but only around during certain events. Only level 27 right now so I'm sure that limits what I have access to.

Amchuchu

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Verbose posted:

hey so should I just power farm until 99? Been trying to do stuff at the "appropriate" level but I get the feeling the window for the real experience is long past
You'd need to be a bit more specific.

If that means doing stuff like AF quests around level 60, than yes skip all that crap.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

LiquidFriend posted:

You'd need to be a bit more specific.

If that means doing stuff like AF quests around level 60, than yes skip all that crap.

Should I just do enough to get the different color rhapsodies then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Verbose posted:

Should I just do enough to get the different color rhapsodies then
I'd get the Rhapsody of White KI as quickly as possible than would power level to 70. Get the Rhapsody of Umber for easy Maat fight and power quickly to level 99 and sparks gear. A goon should be able to trash the final LB fight for you easily with a tail.

Once you get sparks gear, catch up on all your super gimpy skills and try to get into an entry level ambu group to get babys first ilvl 119 set.

With your new 119 set, go throuh and start wrecking all the missions and upgrade your stuff.