Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
lmao, even The Front Page is dunking on Nunes

https://twitter.com/richard_kyanka/status/959540986794991618

quote:

Dear American Patriots,

I am very concerned with the government's overreach recently in regards to our very good and handsome president Donald J. Trump. I am also writing to affirm a few additional things which I have discovered by looking at top secret files THEY didn't want me to see.

quote:

#3 It's OK to put ranch on everything. Also cheese sauce or ketchup. You can put as much as you want on and it's also good to have two desserts with dinner. The FDA tested this on a pig and it was badass.

quote:

#6 Calling someone a racist makes you the real racist. No word is meaner than racist and no deed is meaner than being called a racist. Therefore, according to the FISA court, they saw the evidence in Kanye using the n-word vs. a Christian gun owning dad and decided that whites are now also allowed to use the n-word because Kanye did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

happyhippy posted:

So when the gently caress do we start killing democrats?

The trick is to stop treating political affiliation like a cult religion where you have to obey the leader at all costs without question.

Send the ATF tanks away.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

red19fire posted:

This is going to be a gofundme scam.

Piers Morgan has tweeted this image 3 times already today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbacCBVHhlA

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Lol the Dow was so close to closing at -666

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

They should replace her with KT Nelson instead.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

nickhimself posted:

he's running

Yeah all these R guys under 60 who are resigning are doing it because they want to salvage their future careers

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

red19fire posted:

Piers Morgan has tweeted this image 3 times already today:

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/959519485630742529

Pro: my balls have shed their earthly bonds and are rocketing through the stratosphere.

Con: still attached to my body, I am frozen in space being pulled towards some alien galaxy.

This is the funniest loving thing I've seen in ages. Tromp's expression is simply beautiful, like he's reluctantly agreed to the rimjob because Morgan keeps pressuring him to give it a go, but now it's started he's really not getting much from it and is wondering what all the fuss was about.

Somewhere a planet of peaceful intelligent arachnids is in chaos as their world is being bombarded by balls shot out from a distant blue speck. I wouldn't want to be in Buenos Aires in the near future.

Fun fact: Piers Morgan moved to America to rebrand himself after he became one of the most despised people in the UK. He lost his job as editor of one of the biggest tabloid newspapers after he published screencaps from a tape allegedly showing British soldiers urinating on captives in Iraq. This turned out to be a poorly-staged hoax.

Sayin' it in the Trump thread...

The piss tape wasn't real.

Clyde Radcliffe fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 2, 2018

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Lmao it was this tweet that once again reminded me how much absurdity we now accept as everyday.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i almost immediately had my twitter account suspended for calling piers morgan a retard imbecile

what's up with that

is genesplicer modding for twitter now???

Alberto Gonzalez
Apr 28, 2008

retard masturbator

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

One could make a ‘Cattle testicles or Trump neck?’ contest, but I think this image is unsettling enough on its own

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lol, I just asked my idiot co-worker about the memo and how I hadn't heard anything from him about it yet and he just walked away with a mean look on his face. Hahahahaha

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I don't understand how your government works, but isn't this memo being released likely to just piss off the feds even more? Releasing classified details of an ongoing FBI investigation purely to further your political agenda of discrediting/obstructing the FBI seems like it could backfire horribly.

For this move to make any sense you have to go back a million years to the before-fore times. Back then the trump team didnt think they were going to win and so they were just cashing in as hard as possible with all the double-dealing and alleged money laundering. now that they've won, all this scrutiny has come seemingly out of nowhere and this is a hail mary play to build enough outrage capital to fire Mueller

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/959538197016535041

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Honj Steak posted:

Can somebody explain what is happening to a clueless European person?

During the months prior to the 2016 American Election for president, our national security agencies became aware of a plot by the Russian Federation to interfere in our electoral process. The information they obtained was from a variety of sources, both civilian and not. One of the means that they obtained this information was through a controversial process perfected during the Bush Administration under an act of law called the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (or FISA). FISA permits the United States Government to appear before a judge, request and most likely obtain a Court order to surveil an individual through a variety of means. If the subject of surveillance is an American citizen, then the order is only good for 90 days. The standard used is "probable cause;" which in this context is mostly likely defined as a reasonable standard based upon the totality of the circumstances.

FISA warrants were issued for two members of the Trump Campaign, Carter Page and George Papapadopoulos. They were re-authorized for subsequent 90 day periods at different points during 2015-2016. These facts, in and of themselves, indicate the belief by national security officials, and a federal judge that Page and Papadopoulos were potentially engaged in continuing clandestine espionage with a hostile foreign power.

The Steele dossier is named for a former MI6 (British Intelligence) Officer named Christopher Steele. Steele was hired by a company called Fusion GPS, itself a research firm founded by former journalists, to investigate a Trump-Russia connection for "oppositional research" a term whereby one political candidate investigates another political candidate for potentially damaging information. Initially, at least, Fusion GPS was hired by a Republican donor named Paul Singer who owner a Conservative Newspaper called The Washington Free Beacon; later Fusion GPS was hired by the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton Campaign. During the course of his investigation, Steele became aware of and documented an incident in 2013 at the Ritz Carleton in Moscow, where Donald Trump purportedly paid for prostitutes to urinate on the bed that former President Barrack Obama had slept in. Steele contacted the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation with his concerns and was heard, and even paid for his investigation (the fact Steele was paid by the FBI is regarded as surprising and corroboratory evidence of the veracity of his allegations because the FBI is known for being very, very cheap).

After the allegations became public knowledge a number of investigations were launched, including one by the House of Representatives (the lower body of the American Legislative Branch) called the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI). The HPSCI is comprised of members of both political parties, the Republicans and the Democrats, with the Republicans holding a majority of the seats and thereby controlling a number of important investigatory and administrative functions. One of the members of the Committee is Devin Nunes, who has close ties to the Trump Administration, and is regarded as a proxy for the Trump Administration. Based upon classified information, Republican Staffers on the Committee drafted a Memo, which was released today stating that the underlying basis for the Special Counsel Investigation headed by the former Director of the FBI, Robert Mueller (this basis being the FISA Warrants on Page and Papadopoulos, and the Steele dossier) are without merit because of "reasons" that are transparently political, lacking in a logical evidentiary consistency, selected meticulously in a biased manner and which omit other key facts and context.

The FBI and DOJ (Department of Justice) issued a rare statement that releasing the Memo was "reckless." The Democrats on the HPSCI objected to it's release, were over-ruled; and drafted a Memo of their own responding to and addressing the myriad defeciencies in the "Nunes Memo," they were also over-ruled. There is a vote Monday, February 5th, to again release the Democrat's Memo. However, to release that information, it must first go through a process of releasing classified information that was historically unused before the Nunes Memo, and it gives one party (and only one party) the right to choose to release the classified information.

That party is the President of the United States of America, Donald J. Trump.

The principal target of the investigation has the sole authority and discretion to release the credible information concerning the investigation to the public.

.....and that about brings you up to speed.

If you have any further questions, I am happy to answer them.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Based on his looks, creepy mortican that dates his clients

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Kumo posted:

During the months prior to the 2016 American Election for president, our national security agencies became aware of a plot by the Russian Federation to interfere in our electoral process. The information they obtained was from a variety of sources, both civilian and not. One of the means that they obtained this information was through a controversial process perfected during the Bush Administration under an act of law called the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (or FISA). FISA permits the United States Government to appear before a judge, request and most likely obtain a Court order to surveil an individual through a variety of means. If the subject of surveillance is an American citizen, then the order is only good for 90 days. The standard used is "probable cause;" which in this context is mostly likely defined as a reasonable standard based upon the totality of the circumstances.

FISA warrants were issued for two members of the Trump Campaign, Carter Page and George Papapadopoulos. They were re-authorized for subsequent 90 day periods at different points during 2015-2016. These facts, in and of themselves, indicate the belief by national security officials, and a federal judge that Page and Papadopoulos were potentially engaged in continuing clandestine espionage with a hostile foreign power.

The Steele dossier is named for a former MI6 (British Intelligence) Officer named Christopher Steele. Steele was hired by a company called Fusion GPS, itself a research firm founded by former journalists, to investigate a Trump-Russia connection for "oppositional research" a term whereby one political candidate investigates another political candidate for potentially damaging information. Initially, at least, Fusion GPS was hired by a Republican donor named Paul Singer who owner a Conservative Newspaper called The Washington Free Beacon; later Fusion GPS was hired by the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton Campaign. During the course of his investigation, Steele became aware of and documented an incident in 2013 at the Ritz Carleton in Moscow, where Donald Trump purportedly paid for prostitutes to urinate on the bed that former President Barrack Obama had slept in. Steele contacted the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation with his concerns and was heard, and even paid for his investigation (the fact Steele was paid by the FBI is regarded as surprising and corroboratory evidence of the veracity of his allegations because the FBI is known for being very, very cheap).

After the allegations became public knowledge a number of investigations were launched, including one by the House of Representatives (the lower body of the American Legislative Branch) called the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI). The HPSCI is comprised of members of both political parties, the Republicans and the Democrats, with the Republicans holding a majority of the seats and thereby controlling a number of important investigatory and administrative functions. One of the members of the Committee is Devin Nunes, who has close ties to the Trump Administration, and is regarded as a proxy for the Trump Administration. Based upon classified information, Republican Staffers on the Committee drafted a Memo, which was released today stating that the underlying basis for the Special Counsel Investigation headed by the former Director of the FBI, Robert Mueller (this basis being the FISA Warrants on Page and Papadopoulos, and the Steele dossier) are without merit because of "reasons" that are transparently political, lacking in a logical evidentiary consistency, selected meticulously in a biased manner and which omit other key facts and context.

The FBI and DOJ (Department of Justice) issued a rare statement that releasing the Memo was "reckless." The Democrats on the HPSCI objected to it's release, were over-ruled; and drafted a Memo of their own responding to and addressing the myriad defeciencies in the "Nunes Memo," they were also over-ruled. There is a vote Monday, February 5th, to again release the Democrat's Memo. However, to release that information, it must first go through a process of releasing classified information that was historically unused before the Nunes Memo, and it gives one party (and only one party) the right to choose to release the classified information.

The principal target of the investigation has the sole authority and discretion to release the credible information concerning the investigation to the public.

This is a hell of a lot more effort than that dumb memo deserves, but is a terrific summary. Thank for your service to the lol thread.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Kumo posted:

are you....batman?

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.
Someone forward Kumo's summary to Donald so he can be brought up to speed please

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i almost immediately had my twitter account suspended for calling piers morgan a retard imbecile

what's up with that

is genesplicer modding for twitter now???

I have two Twitter accounts with sub-50 followers, one of which keeps getting chain suspended for tweets from months ago calling Tromp or media lackeys retards or telling them to eat my rear end, I'll have to delete two and be off for a week, then log back in and it will have another months old tweet I have to delete and give me another three days, and so on and so on. The other account I do the same thing and nothing happens.

Who the gently caress knows with Twitter.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kumo posted:

Copying this for my wife, thanks for this.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Kumo posted:

Great post

This was very informative and great to read. Thank you

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Kumo posted:

I'm not going to bother reading any of this, because nothing actually matters so why waste the effort? Thanks though.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

Copying this for my wife, thanks for this.

i say hi

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The country is gearing up for the most-watched television event of the year. But while the Super Bowl is normally a day to unwind and set aside politics, the National Football League has had its fair share of drama this year with White House. The president's feud with the NFL has raised the question of whether Donald Trump is going to the Super Bowl.

Instead, if history is any guide, it appears Trump will be watching the game from the so-called Winter White House, his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, according to The Palm Beach Post. Elite Daily reached out to the White House to confirm Trump's Super Bowl plans but did not hear back at the time of publication. Trump's likely trip, assuming it involves golf, would mark 15 days since his last foray onto his golf course, reports The Palm Beach Post.

Super Bowl LII will take place in Minneapolis, Minnesota on Sunday, Feb. 4 at 6:30 p.m. ET. This year, the New England Patriots will be taking on the Philadelphia Eagles. (And if you watch it for the all the other goodies other than sport, here's your heads up that Justin Timberlake will be heading the half-time show, so plan your mid-game guacamole run accordingly.)

The president, breaking tradition with his predecessors once again, has reportedly declined to participate in the pre-Super Bowl interview, according to CNN. The tradition began with President George W. Bush and continued when President Barack Obama made it a yearly habit beginning in 2009. Last year, Trump sat down with Fox's Bill O'Reilly at the White House for the pre-game convo.

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/is-donald-trump-going-to-the-super-bowl-its-not-likely-8098957

lol

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
What a loving child.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hes a lil pissbaby idiot child who literally throws tantrums when he doesnt get his way

the president of the united states

lmao

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
posters in this thread should show a little mroe respect

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/959536665562841089

lol

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

paul_soccer10 posted:

posters in this thread should show a little mroe respect

You're right. That's PRESIDENT Retard Idiot.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Kumo posted:

hahaha really?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

another lol is shoveled onto lol mountain

burning swine
May 26, 2004

eh :effort:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

LET THE KANGAROO COURT BEGIN!

HILLARY R CLINTON, HAVE YOU EVER BEEN A MEMBER OF THE BENGHAZI PARTY?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Watching these dorks hustling to get in on the ground floor of what the think will turn into an authoritarian regime soon is pretty Lol worthy. "See Overlard Trump, I did what you told me, I did exactly what you told me" *still gets pushed into a comically over-sided McDonalds fryer as job is given to an oligarch*

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

:sbahj:

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Kumo posted:

A little more info on this section of an excellent post, since there seems to be an concerted effort to paint Steele as a grubby dirt peddler selling rumors to the highest bidder.

Steele was a highly-respected MI6 officer who had worked extensively as a field agent inside Russia. A leak of British agents operating in Russia meant he could no longer do spy stuff there and he became head of MI6's Russia desk back in London, handling other agents and maintaining close contacts with highly-placed sources within the Russian government and criminal underworld. He was so respected that he was the go-to guy for anything Russian, not just for British intelligence but also for the FBI and CIA.

After national security focus switched from the Cold War to The War on Terror, he realised that he was increasingly redundant and left to form a private intelligence company with a focus on Russia. The FBI had worked with him in the past and he had a reputation for providing highly-credible intelligence and so they repeatedly hired him to provide intelligence on Russian criminal activity, as the FBI was also being pushed into concentrating on TWoT and it was easier to pay a contractor for Russian stuff than to devote internal resources on it.

AFAIK the FBI didn't pay him for the Trump dossier but they had paid him for other intelligence in the past. He had been hired by elements within the DNC to investigate Trump's financial ties to Russia, but became so alarmed by the flood of information from his sources that he freely offered this intelligence to his contacts within the FBI. Ironically, given today's memo release, the FBI largely ignored it as they were very much focused on BUT HER EMAILS. This was around the time Comey announced that the Hillary e-mail investigation be re-opened.

Then Trump won and the DNC folk funding Steele stopped paying him. However he was so concerned over what he had found that he continued to investigate and pass on more intelligence to the FBI, who were still ignoring it.

Enter John McCain. McCain is buds with a guy called Sir Andrew Wood, who was British ambassador to Moscow for 10 years and widely regarded as one of the most knowledgeable Western diplomats on all things Russian. He told McCain about the dossier and personally endorsed Steele's veracity and professionalism. McCain sent an envoy to London to hand collect a copy of the dossier and, after reading it, practically marched into Comey's office and demanded answers as to why the FBI were not investigating the gently caress out of this.

tl;dr: The Steele dossier is not a dodgy source to base a FISA warrant on (even though the warrant wasn't based on it alone) and there wasn't a deep state FBI campaign to get Trump. The FBI sat on the intel for a long time while they focused on Hillary's emails and didn't give it much attention until a leading Republican pressured them into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

ICE. COLD.