Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Hey Methanar, how are you building Kayle?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Might be old news for some, but account transfers are live, and are at a 50% discount until 6th Feb (1300RP)

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Vermain posted:

One of the narrative people said that her VA was actually a major inspiration for the story, since it asked the question, "What kind of trauma would a kid have to go through to find burning people fun?"

The guy who wrote the part in borderlands where a man calls gorillas "dickfarts": What would cause a man, to place SO much importance on going where he pleases? What restrained him?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Aumanor posted:

Hey Methanar, how are you building Kayle?

t1 boots, rage blade, nashors, t2 boots, games over

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Work Friend Keven posted:

The guy who wrote the part in borderlands where a man calls gorillas "dickfarts": What would cause a man, to place SO much importance on going where he pleases? What restrained him?

It's bonerfart

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also I love being the fifth person to a premade four stack and nobody engaging with me at all during the course of the game so I spend the first fifteen minutes getting bullied in top by a Xin Zhao and an Amumu and not getting anything going and then when I think we're pushing mid for the Nexus everyone vanishes to go for Baron without saying anything so I just get gang hosed into Oblivion

But at least nobody said dumb poo poo so that's a plus

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
A bot game

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Q8ee posted:

Might be old news for some, but account transfers are live, and are at a 50% discount until 6th Feb (1300RP)

What's an account transfer? You can give your friend your level 30 account?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Elephunk posted:

What's an account transfer? You can give your friend your level 30 account?

What. No, like region transfer.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

henkman posted:

A bot game

And now I'm free of them, because they no longer give me an equivalent amount if XP compared to just playing normals

A beautiful day has dawned friends

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Playing Zac has literally made me fall in love with the game

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Please do not gently caress your computer's CD tray hole

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
whats a cd

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
cooldown

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i, too, love zac

hes the only tank i can actually play a bunch of games on in a row and not be super bored of. when i play like sej or maokai i regularly get huge leads and throw the game by getting bored and taking really bad engages.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Methanar posted:

t1 boots, rage blade, nashors, t2 boots, games over

RB before nashor's? I usually rush 40% cdr but I'm not sure if that's worth it anymore now that rank5 E gives you 100% uptime with 30%. What boots?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
all tanks are boring and are generally played by cowards

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

malphite isnt boring if you build him full ap and oneshot vayne with your ult

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

malphite isnt boring if you build him full ap and oneshot vayne with your ult

But then you're a mage or a bruiser, so the point stands.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Tanks and carries are both fun to play in the top lane

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Nothing is more fun in this game than popping stoneplate on Cho'gath and eating an ADC.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Verviticus posted:

:wrong:

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I think I managed to offend some divine being. :(

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Verviticus posted:

counterpoint: nautilus rules

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

VodeAndreas posted:

I think I managed to offend some divine being. :(

Prostrate yourself at the Shrine of Yfn’wey, the god of Sample Size

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

henkman posted:

Tanks and carries are both fun to play in the top lane

i love league of legends!!!!!! i love league!!!!!!!!!

njsykora posted:

Nothing is more fun in this game than popping stoneplate on Cho'gath and eating an ADC.

you clearly have never played a game as teemo where you are so far ahead that you have an extra completed item over the jungler and have set up a defensive perimeter so strong that nobody is ever going top to help the poor bastard you are dumpstering so the guy just leaves the lane and starts taking jungle creeps

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

when are they deleting vladimir from the game

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

pog boyfriend posted:

you clearly have never played a game as teemo where you are so far ahead that you have an extra completed item over the jungler and have set up a defensive perimeter so strong that nobody is ever going top to help the poor bastard you are dumpstering so the guy just leaves the lane and starts taking jungle creeps

I played a Teemo game once where a Trynda killed me under tower with his ult, then walked over a mushroom on his way out. He was angry.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

njsykora posted:

I played a Teemo game once where a Trynda killed me under tower with his ult, then walked over a mushroom on his way out. He was angry.

A similar feeling is watching some one who thinks they've escaped from Udyr only to die to the 🐅 DoT

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

A similar feeling is watching some one who thinks they've escaped from Udyr only to die to the 🐅 DoT

hitting people with the omae wo mou shindeiru is badass and once you learn how to estimate dot damage make sure to recall during the dot to let them know that they are dead and you have no need to chase them

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Speaking of recall, I think one of the most satisfying things to do in league is waiting until like 7 seconds into the enemy recall and hitting them with some poke. Then they back off a little further to do it again - I'll eat a couple of tower shots to interrupt that fucker a second time

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

:same:

On another note, Grounded is the most fun CC to troll people with. Watching some Vi or J4 durdle around in Cassi poison, completely ineffectively is a great feeling. I stopped a J4 mid flag drag last night and it was the so god damned funny

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

frajaq posted:

when are they deleting vladimir from the game

Probably never, but I hope he gets knocked down into near uselessness soon. Probably the hardest snowballing champion in the game right now, and he's an absolute pain in the rear end to ever try and gank with how obnoxious the triple threat of Stopwatch, Spellbook Flash, and Pool are. I recall one of the developers saying that adding him to the game was one of their biggest regrets, because he's been a nightmare to balance ever since his inception.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

vladimir more like glad hes here

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Vermain posted:

Probably never, but I hope he gets knocked down into near uselessness soon. Probably the hardest snowballing champion in the game right now, and he's an absolute pain in the rear end to ever try and gank with how obnoxious the triple threat of Stopwatch, Spellbook Flash, and Pool are. I recall one of the developers saying that adding him to the game was one of their biggest regrets, because he's been a nightmare to balance ever since his inception.

I think that title goes to the champion remade the most: Ryze.

Vlad is popular in pro play right now so he will get knocked down a peg or two in a patch or two.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
In general manaless champs seem like way bigger balance nightmares and I wish they'd develop some pattern recognition on that point

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

anti-magic posted:

I think that title goes to the champion remade the most: Ryze.

Vlad is popular in pro play right now so he will get knocked down a peg or two in a patch or two.

Ryze's core conceit (rapid-fire mana-based spellcaster that uses combos) isn't impossible to do right, but they've had trouble hammering down a stable identity for him that isn't just "Cassiopeia but blue". Vlad's core conceit (lifestealing spellcaster that uses health instead of mana) is a loving morass of balancing issues, and will remain so perpetually due to the very nature of the conceit.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The big balancing issue around ryze is that he's he gets full ap caster damage with not full ap caster itemization, which is countered by shorter range. Depending on the composition and patch, that short range might not be a big deal, or it will be a huge deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
ryze is really only a problem at the highest levels of play so really they should just dumpster him if they want him out of competitive