Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

CommonShore posted:

The ones in the front - the irregularly shaped ones - are bready yeast waffles. They're much denser than batter waffles, like brioche. They'll hold up.

Oooh, yummy! Are the ones at top like, little pancakes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Brawnfire posted:

Oooh, yummy! Are the ones at top like, little pancakes?

Sad to say that I don't know. I only know about the Leige waffles because my girlfriend gave me a waffle maker and a bag of special waffle sugar for Christmas.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Data Graham posted:

Yeah but what about all the whipped cream? And all that glazed fruit

I'm willing to believe Europe is a magical land that doesn't have bugs or spoilage, but not without a fight

It's pretty cool and relatively bugless here in Spain right now, so I'm willing to bet it's colder and bugless-er in other parts of Europe.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I assumed it was a fancy display (like is common in Japan) of your options, like a 3D menu. If those are actually for sale to eat then yeah AFP

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Bloop posted:

I assumed it was a fancy display (like is common in Japan) of your options, like a 3D menu. If those are actually for sale to eat then yeah AFP

Looking closely at some of the fruit, it does seem like it could be models. In which case, that's incredibly cool and fun and I want it to be my job to make those.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Yes to all.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

These look delicious but I'm a bit concerned by the one in front covered in pepto-bismol.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

RoboRodent posted:

These look delicious but I'm a bit concerned by the one in front covered in pepto-bismol.

Icing sugar. Delicious, but don't breathe while chewing.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Not that one, the third from the left. The pink oobleck.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Samovar posted:

Icing sugar. Delicious, but don't breathe while chewing.

Good advice in general

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Data Graham posted:

The pink oobleck.

If you eat it fast enough, it retains its shape through your digestive tract.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

Not that one, the third from the left. The pink oobleck.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Don't doxx me

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If you want sanitary outdoor food storage try Canada or Russia. I haven't seen a bug outside in like 3 months.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I just want to point out that I didn't draw this. It just exists on the internet for some reason.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The Bloop posted:

I just want to point out that I didn't draw this. It just exists on the internet for some reason.

Thank you for finding this, holy crapoley

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
https://youtu.be/O-3LD1JRmuc

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Ziv Zulander posted:

Wouldn't all the grease pool at the bottom and turn it into a big soggy mess? And wouldn't they be difficult to cook all the way through without burning the outside?

I had a pizza cone once. I don't remember there being any significant grease but it did take way too long to cook (maybe 10 minutes which, imo, is too long to wait for novelty fair food) and when it was served it was far too hot to reasonably eat so I had to carry it around until it cooled down enough that I could eat it without the cheese napalming my mouth. Overall, it was a very disappointing experience.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

cyberia posted:

I had a pizza cone once. I don't remember there being any significant grease but it did take way too long to cook (maybe 10 minutes which, imo, is too long to wait for novelty fair food) and when it was served it was far too hot to reasonably eat so I had to carry it around until it cooled down enough that I could eat it without the cheese napalming my mouth. Overall, it was a very disappointing experience.

i'm still confused where the sauce enters in. Is it like a drumstick ice cream where you get to bottom and there's a hershey's kiss size chunk of chocolate that didn't stick to inside of the cone? or is it like a pocket of sauce suspended in the middle somehow? or no sauce at all and just gently caress you?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hope the crust and toppings spiral inside like a seashell

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If you hold it to your ear you can hear a third degree burn

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Bloop posted:

If you hold it to your ear you can hear a third degree burn

any pizza cone is a flesh light if you're brave enough

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/AdoredLateCassowary

e: How do the gently caress do you embed a gfycat gif?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Like anyone's going to tell you after following that link! t:mad:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

LifeSunDeath posted:

i'm still confused where the sauce enters in. Is it like a drumstick ice cream where you get to bottom and there's a hershey's kiss size chunk of chocolate that didn't stick to inside of the cone? or is it like a pocket of sauce suspended in the middle somehow? or no sauce at all and just gently caress you?

There's sauce but just not a lot, I guess? They're probably butting a teaspoon of sauce in the cone with a tablespoon of cheese and half a dozen slices of pepperoni. So when you bite into it it has the texture of a mouthful of pizza toppings but it's not, like, overflowing and running down your fingers or anything.

I watched a youtube video of how to make them and they layered the ingredients cheese - sauce - cheese - meat so maybe the cheese is plugging the bottom of the cone to keep the sauce in?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Haifisch posted:

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/AdoredLateCassowary

e: How do the gently caress do you embed a gfycat gif?

goddamn gross. diabolical cakes needs to be a show tho.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Don't embed that poo poo jesus christ. gently caress.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Picnic Princess posted:

Don't embed that poo poo jesus christ. gently caress.

I dunno. That's pretty much AFP right there. I couldn't watch after the incision. Did it hit the ceiling?

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

I dunno. That's pretty much AFP right there. I couldn't watch after the incision. Did it hit the ceiling?

I was expecting it to be custard, but then the color... argh.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

sorry if i derailed this thread on pizzatangle chat.

Here's one of my all time most hated foods: Unagi. Mostly cause i had to witness it butchered alive then eat it. It tastes like BBQ snake I guess, not terrible but the butchy memory fresh on my mind made almost puke, and I refuse to eat it again:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

sorry if i derailed this thread on pizzatangle chat.

Here's one of my all time most hated foods: Unagi. Mostly cause i had to witness it butchered alive then eat it. It tastes like BBQ snake I guess, not terrible but the butchy memory fresh on my mind made almost puke, and I refuse to eat it again:

Unagi is rad. Sorry you had to discover you should be a vegetarian.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

This came from a restaurant, apparently. The poo poo on the left is natto which is probably AFP automatically for some people (but not me I love it)

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Let's Play: Name That Embryo!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm betting it's a mushroom of some sort.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
unagi is the one kind of sushi you should never eat fresh grilled. it gets better after leaving it fridged for a bit
sushi really should be properly frozen anyhow. aging helps in a lot of fish, too

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Picnic Princess posted:

Looks like an oyster or something equally revolting (I'm sorry, I CAN'T).

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

bob dobbs is dead posted:

unagi is the one kind of sushi you should never eat fresh grilled. it gets better after leaving it fridged for a bit
sushi really should be properly frozen anyhow. aging helps in a lot of fish, too

QUIT TROLLING FOR THE 회 INDUSTRY

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

QUIT TROLLING FOR THE 회 INDUSTRY

wtf is it with you, man

wasn't that argument about korea poo poo like 3 months ago or some poo poo in a completely different thread in a different subforum

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

bike tory posted:

This came from a restaurant, apparently. The poo poo on the left is natto which is probably AFP automatically for some people (but not me I love it)

I'll eat the hell out of some Natto. Black Natto is my real jam. Never use that mustard though, it's gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Locally sourced from my facebook feed. :discourse: