Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm just trying to transfer bad noob gear between alts right now, leveling a crummy ogre warrior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Doing / all "unknown guild" doesn't work?
This does work unless they've broken something lately. The previous tag <Invalid Guild> was also searchable with quotes, but it's also the default tag that you get when your character's tag or an entire guild gets messed up in the database. We occasionally got random additions to the guild because of this. That was part of the joke, but Sirken didn't think it was funny, and he nuked it after Nilbog mentioned it to him randomly. I still hold this against him.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

aparmenideanmonad posted:

This does work unless they've broken something lately. The previous tag <Invalid Guild> was also searchable with quotes, but it's also the default tag that you get when your character's tag or an entire guild gets messed up in the database. We occasionally got random additions to the guild because of this. That was part of the joke, but Sirken didn't think it was funny, and he nuked it after Nilbog mentioned it to him randomly. I still hold this against him.

Can you add this to a timeline in the OP.
2018 newbie wave is ongoing.

Open invitation to Bugen, Bruman, Integ, Khysanth, or any of you other sidelined regulars who are stuck between uninstalling and staying logged out/on Live Daybreak servers, etc.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Open invitation to Bugen, Bruman, Integ, Khysanth, or any of you other sidelined regulars who are stuck between uninstalling and staying logged out/on Live Daybreak servers, etc.
OP and 2nd post updated, go forth and goonrush.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
My necro main Xeirak has officer and can dole out invites. I am bound in EC Tunnel, and currently platinum farming guards in Oggok. Will be on in about an hour or so.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm trying my hardest, but the disabled map, the UI, I've been corrupted by sheer quality of life

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

please knock Mom! posted:

I'm trying my hardest, but the disabled map, the UI, I've been corrupted by sheer quality of life

I think someone mentioned it already, but use this if you can't live without maps: http://www.zlizeq.com/ZlizEQ_Projects-ZlizEQMap
It's verified legit by server staff - basically just pulls /loc info out of your logfile and throws it on a map in another window.

For UI improvement, check the Tech forum on project1999.com or just go straight to Cucumbers UI thread here, it's pretty alright: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232071

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Hey aparmenideanmonad, what was your new born solo wizard guide? Thinking I may give it a try but not sure if it is adaptable to twins haha.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Learning your way around without a GPS map is one of the best parts of classic EQ.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Dustoph posted:

Hey aparmenideanmonad, what was your new born solo wizard guide? Thinking I may give it a try but not sure if it is adaptable to twins haha.
I don't know how well my old path holds up with all the new zones and old world quest XP changes - this is a pretty good writeup if you have any questions about wizarding: http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Intrepid_Wizard%27s_Guide

Vargs posted:

Learning your way around without a GPS map is one of the best parts of classic EQ.
:same:, but if it's going to stop you from playing then Zliz can help.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Don’t forget to put Sense Heading on a hotkey button and then also bind “Walk Forward” to that button. That way you autolevel Sense Heading.

For UI, I think it has some alternate options/skins baked into the client itself. At least mine came with DuxaUI which I quite like. I can post a screenshot of it when I’m home.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'll probably keep playing, this and anarchy online were my world for a few really fun years. How the gently caress did I manage?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Here's my UI for some inspiration:

You can check and see if you have DuxaUI by just clicking the EQ logo button, Options, then on the General tab there's a Load UI Skin button that will bring up a list of installed skin options for your UI.

You really do get used to it after awhile! :v:

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Splurt

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

The Best Spell. :unsmigghh:

Meatgrinder posted:

The one thing I wish they would add is chat channels. A goon chat channel would be so, so handy. And fun!

A goon P99 Discord would be pretty cool actually.

Siets fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 3, 2018

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Pillow Armadillo posted:

DODH just launched on Phinny, I'm plenty busy :).

I can't realistically fathom playing P99 ever again, although never say never. The last time I logged in (to "give" Bruman to a "friend"), just even dealing with that ancient client was aids. EQ is still a lovely terrible game, but the modern client is still way better at least (but still terrible).

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Have my monk and enchanter back in the guild since that cute oval office Sqid is no longer ruling it with an iron fist of deathly gayness. ANYWAYS, I will be down to help with plvling out of those crap early levels tomorrow. Or level my wannabe Greenmist Iksar. Whichever.

Created a discord
https://discord.gg/4XrG9h5

FayGate fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 3, 2018

Orty
May 14, 2007

Had a bunch of fun tonight blasting stuff as petless mages. Thanks to those who buffed us and got us invited to the guild. Sadly we got a bit overzealous at orc hill and got wiped out.

Need to look into getting some cheap ALL/ALL gear like Golden Jaded Bracelets and such. Tiny bit of help without breaking the bank.

How hard are the mage focus items to get? Getting the Stein on everyone would be bonkers.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
poo poo, mage crew already started? I need to make my dark elf! How many does the group have right now?

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Doing / all "unknown guild" doesn't work?

What's your guy's name? I'll probably be on this weekend. Look for Mauzer

Folks needing invites: be sure to post your name so it's easier for us to find you, if you can please.

Name is Krooz. Gnome Magician still in Steamfont.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Siets posted:

Here's my UI for some inspiration:

You can check and see if you have DuxaUI by just clicking the EQ logo button, Options, then on the General tab there's a Load UI Skin button that will bring up a list of installed skin options for your UI.

You really do get used to it after awhile! :v:

This post has changed my life.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Orty posted:

How hard are the mage focus items to get? Getting the Stein on everyone would be bonkers.

Not hard at all, there's a couple of dungeons where they drop, but I've had the most luck with them off magicians in Najena. The quest materials and gems are the annoying part, notsomuch the other parts.

Got two sets of Banded, large and medium, ready to pass on in EC on Saturday

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DuxaUI owns. Having a named list of your buffs and spell gems is a godsend

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
DuxaUI is great, though I still need to figure out how to edit the hotkey bars. The map tool is great as well, really helps with memorization. My enchanter Linlan made it to 3, hope to see you guys soon.

Orty
May 14, 2007

Siets posted:

poo poo, mage crew already started? I need to make my dark elf! How many does the group have right now?

We are only level 3. Currently farming some crushbone belts so we can just skip to 4 because not having pets is horrible.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Not hard at all, there's a couple of dungeons where they drop, but I've had the most luck with them off magicians in Najena. The quest materials and gems are the annoying part, notsomuch the other parts.

I am guessing the stein is the best one to get to start off with and the others could be ignored?

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I think I'm caught up on invites, but let me know if anyone needs one.

Sounds like we might try and do a Hole crawl (not sexual) later if anyone has chars in that range (maybe 45-60?).

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Orty posted:

We are only level 3. Currently farming some crushbone belts so we can just skip to 4 because not having pets is horrible.

If you got room, can my 4 enchanter tag along? I spent all day killing orcs

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Hey all - I plan to be in Steamfont tomorrow, then moving over to Lfay to farm bandits. Doubtful I'll move very far in the next couple of weeks. If anybody in that general area needs a guild tag just hit me up. If I'm AFK I'll check tells when I get back. (I'm afk a lot.)

Also, thanks Mauzer for the tag!

Edit: Name is Krooz

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I have a stein and a broom if someone needs.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
i'm on with my wizard. let me know if anyone needs ports or starter cash. send tells to Haughty

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I have items in EC and the following items available on a need basis:

code:
Banded armor (any size, grab the molds)
Black Tome with Silver Runes
Crude Stein
Gnomish Fireworks
Mask of Worms
Robe of Dalnir
Robe of the Foci
Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring
Stalking Probes
Stein
Wintry Club
Wu's Quivering Staff

Pillow Armadillo fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 4, 2018

Fyodorovich
Dec 12, 2004

MASSACRE, at Lyons, i. 336; caused by jealousy, iii. 260
Just dinged 20 on Slobad the Cleric in a solid Unrest group this morning! I’ll probably be on on the evenings a bit this coming week for a couple more levels then I think I’m going to pack up and move to Guk as I’ve never stepped foot there before.

If anyone wants some MR action let me know.

Orty
May 14, 2007

Herv posted:

I have a stein and a broom if someone needs.

Breni/Mixxe here. Could use both of those.

I think we have 4 mages or so starting up? (Mixxe/Me, Showmeda, Willnerd, Krooz). So if anyone as a stein find and toss it at us. Could also use help on finding the other mats and getting to the turn in point.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I have a second Stein in EC and the following items available on a need basis:

"Other Items"

I will have to meet up with you in EC and grab the stein. Probably can grab whatever caster items to pass them out to everyone who started new ones.

I have the following stuff for anyone new as well:
code:
Sentient Two-Handed Axe
Ykeshan War Club
Black Pantherskin Mask

stephelopholus
Feb 24, 2011

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I have a second Stein in EC and the following items available on a need basis:

code:

Banded armor (any size, grab the molds)
Black Tome with Silver Runes
Crude Stein
Flowing Black Robe
Gnomish Fireworks
Mask of Worms
Robe of Dalnir
Robe of the Foci
Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring
Stalking Probes
Wintry Club
Wu's Quivering Staff

I would take the flowing black robe if still available

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
I have a Crested Mistmoore Shield for tank types and an Elemental Binder for any mages out there, send a /tell to Rolfwyn and I'll hook you up.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Orty posted:

Breni/Mixxe here. Could use both of those.

Krooz got the Stein and Broom, went to a good home.

If folks still need steins or shovels mebbe I can park a pet at the crocs in CT this week.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I could use a Crude Stein and any charisma stuff as well. I'm currently trying to get my hands on an Advisor's Robe, will camp EC for it tomorrow or something.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I could use a Crude Stein and any charisma stuff as well. I'm currently trying to get my hands on an Advisor's Robe, will camp EC for it tomorrow or something.

Want to do this quest instead? http://wiki.project1999.com/Robe_of_the_Elements_Quest

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Alright seeing as I have played very little EQ and am a baby noob, someone just straight up tell me a race/class combo to play. Don't care what it is (as long as it's not a horrible trap combo that will result in nothing but misery).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyodorovich
Dec 12, 2004

MASSACRE, at Lyons, i. 336; caused by jealousy, iii. 260

Glagha posted:

Alright seeing as I have played very little EQ and am a baby noob, someone just straight up tell me a race/class combo to play. Don't care what it is (as long as it's not a horrible trap combo that will result in nothing but misery).

Dwarf cleric! Great starting STR and STA and WIS, a starting zone with lots of variety and guards to run to that is nicely carved out into areas containing level-range appropriate mobs, and some of the best newbie quests in the game: bone chips in kaladim, mail quests, beetle armor, cb belts and pads, etc etc.

There’s a solid soloable low-level cash camp by way of the Nybright sisters in Lesser Faydark once you hit ~14 and really easy pickup groups in Crushbone -> Unrest -> Mistmoore from levels 5-35.

The downside is that all of this is really well-known so there will be competition for a lot of these camps and these zones are always busy. I happen to enjoy this but YMMV. Also note that all of this is true of pretty much any character started in Faydwer; I just happen to enjoy playing a cleric and dwarves are irrefutably THE BEST so...