Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Gonna be a good feud for the belt on 205

Now that Enzo's gone, 205 Live is comfortably the second best thing WWE produces again, so yeah, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That doesn't mean he won't reinstate Johnny before Takeover.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah I think Regal will allow the match to Settle This Once And For All, and then Johnny's gone for good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm telling you, heel fucks babyface over in Loser Leaves Town/Territory match? That's begging for an obvious masked man gimmick. Bonus if we get Candice and Regal acting like they have no idea who this masked stranger who does slingshot spears and superkicks to kneeling opponents is.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

What happened to the one that wasn’t Blake

Murphy is in loving amazing shape these days discounting the big indie star guys is one of the better workers on the roster. However, he has the reputation for not taking direction well and having an attitude.

He probably needs to quit and comeback.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He should go win the Impact title and they'd be begging him to come back.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

I'm telling you, heel fucks babyface over in Loser Leaves Town/Territory match? That's begging for an obvious masked man gimmick. Bonus if we get Candice and Regal acting like they have no idea who this masked stranger who does slingshot spears and superkicks to kneeling opponents is.

If we get a lie detector test segment with Ciampa, Regal and John Lucha, I'm going back in time and buying a ticket to that taping.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Gaz-L posted:

"Wait I know who this dear boy is. You're Joey Ryan, admit it!"

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I should have come up with a bullshit reason to go back to atlanta for this taping :negative:

I guess I've seen more live NXT lately than anyone outside of Florida gets to, though, so I should be happy. Really I should probably just not check this thread tomorrow and try to hold out against spoilers, but tbh I'm now way more likely to watch the next few weeks of NXT live, so

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

"Wait I know who this dear boy is. You're Joey Ryan, admit it!"

"I'd know that handsome jawline anywhere! It's Kota Ibushi!"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

if there's a vignette where corino gives him the mr. wrestling mask i'll watch the ep

Now I can only be disappointed if it doesn't happen

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'm rooting for Juanito Lucha. Have him win via armdrag into the Gargano Escape

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Gonna be in full denial about Johnny and then will have another meltdown when it airs

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I know Regal is a pretty big dude, but he makes Johnny look like a total shrimp.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

rovert posted:

Murphy is in loving amazing shape these days discounting the big indie star guys is one of the better workers on the roster. However, he has the reputation for not taking direction well and having an attitude.

He probably needs to quit and comeback.

"Quit and Comeback" is a little harder in his situation, isn't it? I think if he quits he has to gently caress off to Australia.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They could always rush the wedding I guess?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
So, tonight's taping is the first round of the Dusty Classic and preliminary set up for the WM Takeover? (I guess the finals of the tournament are in New Orleans?)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

So, tonight's taping is the first round of the Dusty Classic and preliminary set up for the WM Takeover? (I guess the finals of the tournament are in New Orleans?)

That seems to be the plans. There is another set of tapings in early March, however, so I wouldn't be shocked if we just get a few smaller angles shot tonight (Kairi probably being attacked by Shayna again, more Alister Black stuff, etc), and the meat of the non Dusty Classic stuff not being shot until March.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Just... just give me Johnny in a cheap, obvious lucha mask, Trips. That's all I want.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ideally the mask would have his weird half smiley face logo on it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He can come out to the DIY music! Perfect way to rile up Ciampa!

I'm gonna be so mad when Johnny just runs in during a Ciampa promo and that's the only angle.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Gaz-L posted:

Just... just give me Johnny in a cheap, obvious lucha mask, Trips. That's all I want.

Have him come out as El Generico, and then have Sami show up shook as gently caress about it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The next set of tapings should begin shortly. We'll see if the Gargano angle furthers anymore tonight. However, advertised for appearances/matches are Alister Black and Kairi Sane. Tonight should start the Dusty Classic stuff as well.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cabbit posted:

Have him come out as El Generico, and then have Sami show up shook as gently caress about it.

Or have Sami AND KO show up and Sami goes "See? Told you he was a different guy!"

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Advertised for tonight: Killian Dain vs Alister Black, an appearance by Velveteen Dream, the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, and Kairi Sane vs Shayna Baszler.

-----

Ohno defeated a jobber in the dark match.

Cross defeated Bourne, the dominatrix gimmick was dropped, and this match was a retape as a result.

Adam Cole defeated Bononi.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 3, 2018

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Cross defeated Bourne, the dominatrix gimmick was dropped, and this match was a retape as a result.

Wow, that was fast. I mean, gimmicks can change rather quickly in developmental, but on back-to-back taping days leading to a retape? Must be some kind of record (and one hell of a negative reaction to the gimmick).

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Good match alert!!!

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/959575803347587072

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I like them using Bate so much but let the guy get a win every once in a while maybe.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Bate was defeated by Velveteen Dream

Kairi vs Shayna is now happening.

Shayna defeated Kairi. :negative:

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 3, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Germansimp posted:

Wow, that was fast. I mean, gimmicks can change rather quickly in developmental, but on back-to-back taping days leading to a retape? Must be some kind of record (and one hell of a negative reaction to the gimmick).

I think Borne did some vaguely homoerotic stuff in the first version (I read that she licked Nikki, I think?) that may not have played well once the higher-ups saw it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/BenTurpen/status/959585561546641412

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His name is actually Rico Chet now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

His name is actually Rico Chet now.

He talks like Razor Ramon. Does the toothpick thing too.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ricochet won with the 630, in case you were worried that they'd Lio Rush his debut

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

I like them using Bate so much but let the guy get a win every once in a while maybe.

Hey by the time he's 25, it'll have been five years since now and we'll have all forgotten he lost clean to Enzo. :barf:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
First Dusty Classic match is ... TM61 losing to AoP

Okay

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For context, Shayna beat Kairi clean via submission, after she prevented Kairi from using the elbow drop. Like I wouldn't care under normal circumstances, but it's really not a good look for Kairi who was eliminated by Dana Brooke in the Royal Rumble, and now lost to Shayna. Makes me wonder if she has heat on her for whatever reason.

Also post match, Shayna ran to the commentary table and said she was coming after Ember again, and this time she was "either leaving with a limb, or the title." So that will probably be your Takeover: New Orleans matchup. Shayna vs Ember again. I know I'm in the minority here, but I really do not like the prospect of those two wrestling against each other again. I legitimately think it was the worst NXT Takeover Women's Match in history.

Also AOP beat TM-61 in the first round of the Dusty Rhodes Classic.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They should have just given Shayna the belt last month

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Takeover match would've been BETTER without the doctors, but it was still pretty good and clearly booked around both women's limitations, style-wise. They do need to educate people via TV matches about Shayna's style though, you can't just rely on Takeover crowds all being Zack Sabre Jr marks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Oh hell yeah
https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/959595128913645568