Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
His name is Jeremy Stevenson and he worked in Lehman Brothers Tokyo branch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Der Shovel posted:

I'll be honest, when this thing popped up on my tablet's weird news aggregator this morning, my first thought was "yeah well, but it's CHINA, so it's far likelier this was just some dude losing control of his vehicle than a terrorist attack" and sure enough I wasn't disappointed.

Still, I think the China is extremely strong with this story:
- Dude is "illegally transporting dangerous substances" in his van, probably with the van rapidly filling with dangerous substance fumes.
- Dude decides to light up because god knows you can't go 15 minutes without a smoke even if you're literally sitting in a car full of TNT.
- Car (and dude) catch fire, instead of hitting the breaks the dude veers into the crowd in a blind panic.

You forgot about there also being 6 people in the vehicle, which I assume were the only things from stopping the apparently highly flammable/toxic substances from spilling all over the place.

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
If that's true, can't you get banned for posting that? I remember some goon posting about how he worked for one of those financial companies in Japan.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

caberham posted:

His name is Jeremy Stevenson and he worked in Lehman Brothers Tokyo branch

That's me you retard

His name is Geoffrey Manukan and he worked for AIA in Manila.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

His name is Robert Paulson and he works in Freddie Mac Peking branch

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
His name is Tim Budong and he's an English Teacher at Happy Giraffe School Shanghai.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

simplefish posted:

His name is Robert Paulson and he works in Freddie Mac Peking branch

I can back this up, because I actually am Mr. Freddie Mac.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
No the big twist is that he's Pevan Stan and he posts on Something Awful!

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Actually my name is David Christopher Aldwinckle and I’m a crusader for justice.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
i'm on a crusade as well

https://my.mixtape.moe/qajgnj.mp4

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
So, like... why are these people dead so quickly?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
"Or how about this one? Remember when it was the day after the election, and the president of Taiwan called Donald Trump to congratulate him? And Donald Trump, of course, took the call and talked to the president of Taiwan. The problem with that was… Taiwan doesn’t have a president. The United States functions on what they call “a one China policy,” and Taiwan is a renegade province of said China. And Donald Trump didn’t know that, and picked up the phone and started yammering away, and… the media ate his rear end up. And I’m not gonna lie, I was laughing, I was like, “Oh, poo poo. This dumb motherfucker is in trouble.” And then that night, I was in bed drifting off to sleep, and then, I had to admit it to myself. I was like… “I didn’t know that poo poo, either.” And then I realized the media got the story wrong. The story wasn’t that Donald Trump took the call. The biggest story is that nobody told Donald Trump not to take the call. That’s terrifying."

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Bajaj posted:

So, like... why are these people dead so quickly?

Playing dead seems like a decent strategy here tbh. I admire the determination of the guy with the shovel.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Hey, the boar seems to have finally calmed down, let's smack it on the arse with a loving shovel!

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

How dead are these people?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Gorilla Salad posted:

Hey, the boar seems to have finally calmed down, let's smack it on the arse with a loving shovel!

The second guy was trying to break its leg. That's the only explaination that makes sense.

Also everyone in the video is a loving moron except shovel man and the pig.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
At 2 minutes when the 2nd guy takes a wild swing at the now nice and calm piggie, he literally runs and puts the lady in between himself and the pig. Nice to see chivalry is not dead. Why should he have to get gored for his stupidity when surely the person next to him is more deserving?!

Why on earth the lady doesn't book it out of there with the rest of them I have no idea, apparently thinking her being on the phone will protect her in some way?!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dravs posted:

Why on earth the lady doesn't book it out of there with the rest of them I have no idea, apparently thinking her being on the phone will protect her in some way?!

No one could have predicted the boar would execute such a face losing move as attacking someone using a phone.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

No one could have predicted the boar would execute such a face losing move as attacking someone using a phone.

We've discussed this before in this thread or one of its predecessors: To win a fight in China, you must first destroy the phone. Else you get fifty buzzcuts swarming you.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Boar is fuckin delicious though

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Ceciltron posted:

Dude with the mattock/hoe looking thing had several chances to at least try put it through the pigs head.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Ceciltron posted:

It's also super able to put up a fight and slice you wide open with it's tusks.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

lol

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Why didn't they drag their friend to safety and generally get the heck out of there when they had the chance and the mega-pig was chill? Why was everyone seemingly doing their own thing with absolutely no communication or coordination? Why did that lady not make her call from inside the building or somewhere safer than constantly being the closest target to the boar????? Whyyy?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Why didn't they drag their friend to safety and generally get the heck out of there when they had the chance and the mega-pig was chill? Why was everyone seemingly doing their own thing with absolutely no communication or coordination? Why did that lady not make her call from inside the building or somewhere safer than constantly being the closest target to the boar????? Whyyy?

No why.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is Farcry 4.avi which is set in Tibet Kyrati.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

Thread, can I interest you in an extremely China article?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-42914160

How did this make international news, isn't this a' normal' occurrence in china, IE it doesn't happen and how dare you suggest otherwise?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I put in an order for 800 items in a gloss finish from china last month. They all arrived in a matte finish. Its okay you see because they explained that matte is more popular so its not actually a problem. gently caress you I didnt order matte.

Im 100% sure they didnt have any gloss and just said gently caress it not my problem and shipped it anyways. No one would ever admit to a mistake so no one get punished and the boss will never find out they have an unhappy customer, problem solved. I loving hate doing business with china

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Do you know matte? It's the most famous finish.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
https://medium.com/shanghaiist/chinese-tourists-clash-with-japanese-police-while-stranded-at-tokyo-airport-552471b375e2

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it reads pretty well if you replace tourist with terrorist

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Baronjutter posted:

It wouldn't have charged her if she didn't walk toward it near the end.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Lazer Monkey posted:

How did this make international news, isn't this a' normal' occurrence in china, IE it doesn't happen and how dare you suggest otherwise?

A van plowing into people and then catching on fire in front of a Starbucks in Shanghai in broad daylight is going to be pretty hard to ignore.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they ignore much worse all the time

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Gorilla Salad posted:

To be fair, lovely apartments are everywhere.

GIS for "shower in kitchen":

It's a matter of water pipe access in a lot of places, because running PVC and breaking open walls is sketchy.

Outrail posted:

Dude with the mattock/hoe looking thing had several chances to at least try put it through the pigs head.

If that's really a wild boar, it's like a lot of other swine, and it has a really thick skull. You're better off breaking the leg, or swinging for the softer undersides.

Skulls of big feral hogs can actually deflect small caliber ammunition :science:

If you want to go in through the front, though, you'll need something high-powered, possibly milsurp :getin:

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
When I woke up this morning, I did not expect to see someone commit Suicide By Boar

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

When your whole raid group is underlevelled

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

802.11weed posted:

When I woke up this morning, I did not expect to see someone commit Suicide By Boar

it's amazing where the day takes you

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

When your whole raid group is underlevelled

hogger looking as good as ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Fauxtool posted:

I put in an order for 800 items in a gloss finish from china last month. They all arrived in a matte finish. Its okay you see because they explained that matte is more popular so its not actually a problem. gently caress you I didnt order matte.

Im 100% sure they didnt have any gloss and just said gently caress it not my problem and shipped it anyways. No one would ever admit to a mistake so no one get punished and the boss will never find out they have an unhappy customer, problem solved. I loving hate doing business with china

Do you have a compensation clause in your purchase agreement? We promise to ship everything on time and guarantee a quality range of 100 parts defect per 1 million. If we do not ship on time then we pay compensation to our customers.

• Locked thread