Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
So what's the odds on Alison defeating the kid and the mask guy and then girl Patrick will become dominant, making Real Patrick trans and coincidentally a Good Person that they Alison and Paladin will conveniently no longer have any conflict with? I want to believe they aren't that tone deaf and pandering but then I see the comments section so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I think this is all a plot by Patrick to make Alison not turn him in like she threatened to do.

If she's made to believe that the "evil" part of his psyche is killed or overwhelmed, then the good part wouldn't be culpable for Menace's crimes. Alison would see that there are literally different people in his head.

The stupid leaps of logic the comic's made; Alison somehow knowing she can hop into his mind, him showing up at her doorstop just in time for her to do that, her having powers in his mind, the over the top and unreal abuse he suffered; all of that would make sense if he's just messing with her and playing to Alison's beliefs about herself and the way the world works.

I also think this is all being played completely straight and really is as dumb as it seems.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Atmus posted:

So what's the odds on Alison defeating the kid and the mask guy and then girl Patrick will become dominant, making Real Patrick trans and coincidentally a Good Person that they Alison and Paladin will conveniently no longer have any conflict with? I want to believe they aren't that tone deaf and pandering but then I see the comments section so who knows.

Take it from someone who is openly trans: I wouldn't put it past them. Remember that clusterfuck of a scene with the therapy session?

e: this comic is the most Woke Straight White Boy Ally horseshit, just consistently.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 2, 2018

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

pospysyl posted:

I think this is the worst drawn page yet.

Seriously somebody finish the rest of her head here

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Galvanik posted:

I think this is all a plot by Patrick to make Alison not turn him in like she threatened to do.

If she's made to believe that the "evil" part of his psyche is killed or overwhelmed, then the good part wouldn't be culpable for Menace's crimes. Alison would see that there are literally different people in his head.

The stupid leaps of logic the comic's made; Alison somehow knowing she can hop into his mind, him showing up at her doorstop just in time for her to do that, her having powers in his mind, the over the top and unreal abuse he suffered; all of that would make sense if he's just messing with her and playing to Alison's beliefs about herself and the way the world works.

I also think this is all being played completely straight and really is as dumb as it seems.

Early Patrick seemed like he was always to be treated like it was ambiguous how genuine he was at any given moment. The Looney Tunes bit was supposed to be notable in that it was like the moment where Patrick clearly left his guard down at the moment but everything else looked like it was supposed to have an air of "how much is this just him manipulating Allison into an ally," and the start of the office scene seemed like he was split between "ok I'm getting kind of attracted to Allison so I'll act a bit more evil and dickish to push her away a bit but not too much" but then the end of that scene just kind of flipped it and now we're just to take everything at face value regarding Patrick.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

sweeperbravo posted:

Seriously somebody finish the rest of her head here

Here you go!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Her nose is turning into a Dominic Deegan snout.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Here you go!

Namek had way better pacing than this.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

super sweet best pal posted:

Namek had way better pacing than this.

At least krillin died on namek.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
She's just loving chillin' over there.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

PoptartsNinja posted:

Here you go!

This arc will end in 5 minutes

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Man, if you wanna do a plot twist, here's how you do a goddamn plot twist:

Kill Six Billion Demons :black101:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Idgi

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Examples of plot twists only work if people know what's the plot being twisted

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i mean you can infer that the sad-looking woman with the sword facing off against a huge dragon is there to kill it, and you can see that the huge dragon is actually pathetic and not very menacing, but yeah a bit more context would be useful for the comparison. for example, i don't know which character best represents clevin

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i mean you can infer that the sad-looking woman with the sword facing off against a huge dragon is there to kill it, and you can see that the huge dragon is actually pathetic and not very menacing, but yeah a bit more context would be useful for the comparison. for example, i don't know which character best represents clevin

It's you, the reader.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Did anyone even think the conspiracy wasn't real? It was very clear that the writers intended it to be a real problem that needed to be dealt with.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
This comic is idiot gently caress for poo poo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I wonder if the OP still thinks this comic is cool and good?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
If I were to guess, yes:

"You see Clevin represents the worst of humanity and the best of humanity! It is all very much based off the Wagner Opera Valkyrie where Allison is seeing the death of all that is wrong with the world, the male! And And -"*breaks into incoherent sobbing*

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
"What if the mighty dragon WANTED to be slain" if you need a lot of context to understand what's going on in that page .... you should go read the comic I guess!

true leftist
Feb 1, 2018

by zen death robot
mammon is a good boy

clevin is a bad boy

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Flesh Forge posted:

"What if the mighty dragon WANTED to be slain" if you need a lot of context to understand what's going on in that page .... you should go read the comic I guess!
Even if you don't need context to understand, read the comic anyway because K6BD is very good.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

true leftist posted:

mammon is a good boy

clevin is a bad boy

Allison and Alison are both nietzschean figures, and Mammon and Clevin are both instances of the 'Last Man.' The difference is that K6BD both is more capable of accurately depicting Nietzschean ideas and more capable of complicating and arguing with them. The question of what power and the will to power make of the demiurges and of Allison is central to K6BD. In theory a similar question is present in this comic, but it's totally inchoate, poorly dealt with. Not only that but Alison both supposedly wrote an essay arguing against Nietzsche and totally failed to recognize that her sense that non-superpowered people just can't understand her and can't judge her is itself a poorly reproduced form of Nietzsche.

Mammon is a good figure within a narrative with thematic purpose.
Clevin is a bad figure within a narrative who is the death of thematic purpose.

Feed Clevin to the good big scaly Scrooge McDog.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Counter point: remove woman with sword replace with Clevin. Then comic will be Clevin the best Clevin.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Kill Six Billion Demons is a comic about the consequences of not making pasta.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

corn in the bible posted:

Did anyone even think the conspiracy wasn't real? It was very clear that the writers intended it to be a real problem that needed to be dealt with.

I expected actual ZOG ruling the world from the shadows to be too interesting a thing to actually happen in the comic and explicitly counter to the whole "you can't just punch all badness away" premise, I hadn't counted on mulligan taking the third path of having it be real and also never directly addressing it

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
What is thy bidding, Lord Boy?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

ffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk yyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Loooooool

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Typical Pubbie posted:

What is thy bidding, Lord Boy?
Honest question; what would have been wrong with having boy Patrick morph into costumed menace in this sequence? It's not like we need to keep up the charade of there being multiple versions of a guy in his own head.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Ah but remember, there are five of them, one piece of the mind unaccounted for. He who will aid Allison in her darkest hour:

Patrick's inner Clevin

e: Jesus everything about that third panel is so hilariously nonthreatening. It's like a wacky hijinx out of Beetle Bailey or something.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm going to miss Beetle...

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Lord Boy, nosebleed while in a mindscape. It's everything I could have dreamed of, and more.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lord prepubescent child.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The dark lord stiffly pointing.

Aisar
Mar 20, 2006

Don't look at the Batman. The Batman will steal your soul.

ManlyGrunting posted:

e: Jesus everything about that third panel is so hilariously nonthreatening. It's like a wacky hijinx out of Beetle Bailey or something.

The most threatening part of the third panel is that one drone that is vaguely drawn as though it's moving towards our heroine while Lord Boy impassionately stares on, this comic rules

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I only started half assedly following this comic by proxy through the CCC webcomics thread bout a month or 2 ago.

And yet I feel both betrayed and insulted

Also
Yo this shits hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Tinkertoys and lime slices, the deadliest machine known to Boy.

• Locked thread