Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I didn't know Bret Hart and HBK were Dragonball fighters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

TheMaestroso posted:

Sort of. It silenced throwing the grenade ("shooting" it), but the explosion was not silenced.

Well obviously, that's just simple logic. How else would it work?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Vorpal Cat posted:

Well yeah, that's how it worked in Payday 2 when they released equippable ammo for shotguns. If you had a silenced shotgun and equipped exploding ammo, the shots were silenced, but the explosions were loud, which does make sense.

...but since this is Overkill programming, or more specifically Overkill netcode programming, this was only true if you were the host. If you were a client, enjoy completely silenced exploding ammo for your silenced shotgun :black101:
It has been fixed since, but basically a lot of Payday 2 glitches and bugs fit this thread.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Vorpal Cat posted:

I elaborated, because I remember people wondering about this very issue back when TPP came out and this bug was discovered by PC players. Many were saddened by the truth.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Didn't get a screenshot of it (because the first time this happened I wasn't prepared, and the later times it didn't really convey what was happening very well:

I was playing a mission in Saints Row 3 the other day, where you sit inside a inexplictably accurately-piloted helicopter and fire rockets at enemy gangbangers. Kinda like this, without it accidentally looking like the Boss was peeing on cars:

Except that for me, the inexplictably accurately-piloted helicopter was no longer inexplictably accurately piloted. Every once in a while, it'd roll onto it side, so that the Boss would be facing upwards, stopping himself from falling by strong legs and incredible ab workouts. The camera would still be pointed downward, it's just that you'd only ocassionally get a glimpse of the world and the cars you're supposed to hit. Mostly, you'd just be seeing the floor of the helicopter as you fire rockets into the air.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 04:55 on Jan 21, 2018

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dark Souls:

Sitting too a little too close to a bonfire makes your character perform some fascinating yoga.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Dark Souls:

Sitting too a little too close to a bonfire makes your character perform some fascinating yoga.

He's just stretching his calves! Isometric exercise.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Dark Souls:

Dark Souls 1 loves funky foot IK

Dark Souls 2 loves placing enemies inside walls

a more serious bug I had in DS2 was that one specific area did.... this

no textures and constant blinking. It was isolated to this one small area so you could even see it happening from a distance. Please disregard the character. :ussr:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Since we're posting Dark Souls

This was not, as I feared at the time, my computer dying. I posted it and a bunch of other people confirmed that sometimes this just happened to that specific elevator.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Nuebot posted:

My favorite MGSV glitch is still the one where you could customize your weapons however you wanted.

I don't appear to have any screenshots of my rocket launcher with attached grenade launcher with attached handgun anymore.

http://webmshare.com/xaR73
The best part was what it did to the reloading animations

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

MisterBibs posted:

Kinda like this, without it accidentally looking like the Boss was peeing on cars

Sounds like Saints Row

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Hollow Knight has a glitch where it looks like there's a dead pixel on the screen. It's due to how the dialogue boxes work. But let me tell you, that freaked me out good last night, especially since I had to send back my monitor for a dead pixel cluster and *just* got this one a week ago.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Dark Souls 1 loves funky foot IK

Dark Souls 2 loves placing enemies inside walls

a more serious bug I had in DS2 was that one specific area did.... this

no textures and constant blinking. It was isolated to this one small area so you could even see it happening from a distance. Please disregard the character. :ussr:

Is the second guy your character? That looks a lot alike my shirtless caestus run way back when, even the gesture. I remember trying to emote other people to also take their shirts off and fight me with their fists in PvP.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

BioMe posted:

Is the second guy your character? That looks a lot alike my shirtless caestus run way back when, even the gesture. I remember trying to emote other people to also take their shirts off and fight me with their fists in PvP.

I think doing a cestus run just naturally morphs your character into that dude.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

War Thunder has an issue right now where if you flip any tank with a Churchill hull it will turn into a hovertank. And you can drag other people into the air with tow lines.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BioMe posted:

Those are all my characters, yeah. Honestly doing a shirtless caestus run is something everyone should do at some point :moustache:

Here's a proper glitch I had with that character; I was unable to open a chest because of some debris that flew in front of it and whenever I tried he did this:

Nuebot posted:

I think doing a cestus run just naturally morphs your character into that dude.
Also this.

Knackered
Jul 29, 2006

Booourns posted:

He's clearly casting some sort of arcane "reload" spell. This game has everything.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Booourns posted:

So you don't dislocate your everything when reloading a weapon?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

He's just stretching his calves! Isometric exercise.

That's not a bonfire, it's just steam.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
PJ vs. Dragon View
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/223767779

Kennel has a new favorite as of 17:09 on Jan 30, 2018

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

I was about to come link that video in this thread! For those who haven't heard, PJ is running Dragon View (SNES) all week with intent to activate a glitch that warps to credits halfway through the game. The video linked is not the glitch that he wanted to see, and instead is one of the game's cutscenes breaking in a completely new and unexpected way.

The glitch that PJ is trying to replicate is this, termed the Grand Memory Clobber: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/49983139 If you make it through most of the game without ever saving, there's some kind overflow glitch that happens in a certain cutscene (different from the previous one) and that corrupts all of the RAM. This has hugely variable results; usually it hardlocks the console, but rarely it can warp to credits. So of course when PJ first discovered the GMC 4 years ago, he got the credits warp during testing it. Because PJ.

Darwins_Foot
Sep 24, 2007
*Stomp*

Fathis Munk posted:

If we're just posting la noire vr vids now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72VXMjO14oc

I can't be the only one who's thinking Smack my bitch up (mute the original)

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
No video of it, since it was ages ago (long enough that I'm sure someone will Well Actually about which game it was:

In The Sims 3, one of the rewards you can buy is a potion that'll reset your current life cycle. You'd drink it, your chest would glow, and voila, you're back at the beginning of your Adult phase instead of three days to Old Person!

Except I had a bug that I didn't realize was a bug until my brother noticed it and told me: you're not supposed to have a giant glowing ball in the Sim's chest 24/7, like Tony Stark, occasionally doing whatever yay-I-am-reborn animation.

In my defense, this continued past saving/quitting/reloading, so I didn't think it was a bug, and corrected itself once I bought a new potion.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MisterBibs posted:

No video of it, since it was ages ago (long enough that I'm sure someone will Well Actually about which game it was:

In The Sims 3, one of the rewards you can buy is a potion that'll reset your current life cycle. You'd drink it, your chest would glow, and voila, you're back at the beginning of your Adult phase instead of three days to Old Person!

Except I had a bug that I didn't realize was a bug until my brother noticed it and told me: you're not supposed to have a giant glowing ball in the Sim's chest 24/7, like Tony Stark, occasionally doing whatever yay-I-am-reborn animation.

In my defense, this continued past saving/quitting/reloading, so I didn't think it was a bug, and corrected itself once I bought a new potion.

I remember playing Sims at a friends house in high school. His sister let us use her save, and we proceeded to install a pool in her house. The sims people jumped in and had a good old time swimming, until we accidentally removed the ladder to the pool. We didnt notice this, but we did notice that the sims never left the pool. They just kept on swimming and complaining about being tired. Apparently, without a ladder the sims could not exit the shallow pool. But before we could figure out the problem, everyone in the pool was dead from exhaustion.

My friend being a dick overwrote his sisters save, and the next time she fired up her game she was met by a pool surrounded by tombstones, her little sims family decimated by the lack of a pool ladder. RIP. (Rest in Pool)

GyverMac has a new favorite as of 21:38 on Feb 1, 2018

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GyverMac posted:

I remember playing Sims at a friends house in high school. His sister let us use her save, and we proceeded to install a pool in her house. The sims people jumped in and had a good old time swimming, until we accidentally removed the ladder to the pool. We didnt notice this, but we did notice that the sims never left the pool. They just kept on swimming and complaining about being tired. Apparently, without a ladder the sims could not exit the shallow pool. But before we could figure out the problem, everyone in the pool was dead from exhaustion.

My friend being a dick overwrote his sisters save, and the next time she fired up her game she was met by a pool surrounded by tombstones, her little sims family decimated by the lack of a pool ladder. RIP. (Rest in Pool)

All I got from overwriting my older brother's Super Mario World save was a beating.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GyverMac posted:

I did this on like day 1 of playing the original sims

I also would make a family of 3 customized sims and then the rest of the "family" would be SLAVE1-SLAVE5 who lived in their own piss in the shed and worked bottom-tier food service jobs

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

8 grown men in a lovely drywall shed with 7 beds and the biggest stereo ftw

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Me and my girlfriend at the time didn't deliberately kill each other's Sims, but we hoarded them in our respective houses by wooing them to move in. :v:

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

I remember hating the little "danger themes" that played whenever something bad was happening in Sims 1. loving things traumatized me. Also for some stupid reason the burglar one was the same as the raccoon one, so every time I heard that I instinctively started looking around for the burglar until eventually I figured out it's just a raccoon passing by.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Think about why burglars and raccoons might share a musical cue.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://i.imgur.com/I0sdcib.mp4

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Is this what they mean by 'bend it like Beckham?'

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lookin forward to the future year 2020 when all footies having ball bearings in every joint

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

you know a goalie is dedicated when he permanently destroys all the bones in his leg to make an incredible save

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Randaconda posted:

All I got from overwriting my older brother's Super Mario World save was a beating.

Ditto, but older cousin and Final Fantasy 3(6). He was in the post statue world and just got his airship back. I deserved that beating and I still apologise occasionally when I see him.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Antioch posted:

Ditto, but older cousin and Final Fantasy 3(6). He was in the post statue world and just got his airship back. I deserved that beating and I still apologise occasionally when I see him.

I accidentally over wrote my sister's FF8 save file like, decades ago and she still brings it up as an excuse to get mad at me over video games.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

cock hero flux posted:

you know a goalie is dedicated when he permanently destroys all the bones in his leg to make an incredible save

Thats not even a goalie
now thats dedication and sacrifice for the team

Also it's stuff like that that makes me wonder if the game is actually one of those SNES football games but with an interpretive 3D enviroment built around it.
The game glitched out slightly and made a save that wasnt possible? eeeeh just stretch his foot its possible now

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 12:31 on Feb 3, 2018

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Nuebot posted:

I accidentally over wrote my sister's FF8 save file like, decades ago and she still brings it up as an excuse to get mad at me over video games.

My brother did that, overwriting my lategame FFVII save with Toy Story 2, and I still resent that more than the time he (accidentally) broke my front teeth.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Thats not even a goalie
now thats dedication and sacrifice for the team

Also it's stuff like that that makes me wonder if the game is actually one of those SNES football games but with an interpretive 3D enviroment built around it.
The game glitched out slightly and made a save that wasnt possible? eeeeh just stretch his foot its possible now

I think there is a goon who still gets royalty checks whenever a new Madden game comes out because it's still using code he wrote when he was a contractor working on one of the games for the SNES or PS1 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Inco posted:

I think there is a goon who still gets royalty checks whenever a new Madden game comes out because it's still using code he wrote when he was a contractor working on one of the games for the SNES or PS1 or something.

that feel when you're still just slightly updating a game since SNES days