Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
GET TO FUCKIN THAT DARLIN INTO THAT MOTHERFUCKIN FRANXX ALREADY.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
get in the loving-robot

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why wont they let 002 gently caress

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

*Browses Episode 4 spoilers*

HIRO GOT IN THE loving ROBOT!!! :cawg:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 3, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grouchio posted:

*Browses Episode 4 spoilers*

HIRO GOT IN THE loving ROBOT!!! :cawg:

Why would you put the fact that it's spoilers for the unreleased episode in the spoiler tags?

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!
The episode's not coming up for me on crunchyroll. I am very upset by this. Just very inconvenienced by this.

I found a direct link to the episode, but for some reason it doesn't show up on my app

The Modern Sky fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 3, 2018

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?

Yes, yes he does.

l0lwhat fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 3, 2018

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

Hey guys, I think this show's about sex.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
This episode wasn't big on revelations or anything, but I liked the character dynamics & I'm glad Hiro GOT IN THE loving ROBOT. Things aren't looking so good for my toxx, though.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
GET IN THE ROBOT HIRO

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

Eela6 posted:

Things aren't looking so good for my toxx, though.

You said nothing about it being IN the robot.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Eela6 posted:

This episode wasn't big on revelations or anything, but I liked the character dynamics & I'm glad Hiro GOT IN THE loving ROBOT. Things aren't looking so good for my toxx, though.
See ya on the other side!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

THIS EP COULDA USED MORE loving IF YOU ASK ME

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Eela6 posted:

This episode wasn't big on revelations or anything, but I liked the character dynamics & I'm glad Hiro GOT IN THE loving ROBOT.

I felt it did help Two's character a bit. Humanized her which was needed.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Eela6 posted:

If it doesn't happen I am gonna demand here and now that Eela6 be unbaned after the toxx falls. They seem like a cool person.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mokinokaro posted:

I felt it did help Two's character a bit. Humanized her which was needed.

Between that and Hiro finally getting over his doubts I really liked this episode and their character dynamic now.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Davincie posted:

THIS EP COULDA USED MORE loving IF YOU ASK ME

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Crabtree posted:

If it doesn't happen I am gonna demand here and now that Eela6 be unbaned after the toxx falls. They seem like a cool person.

I'll just buy myself out of jail. The forums could use the money.

Ed: Oh, and thank you.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I kinda wish 02 weren't so antagonistic with the rest, I'm a sucker for tag team action.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Kyte posted:

I kinda wish 02 weren't so antagonistic with the rest, I'm a sucker for tag team action.

It's obviously where a lot of her character development will likely go.

Hiro said it best, she's one of them now.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kyte posted:

I'm really looking forward to the next couple episodes being about when one friend gets a new girlfriend that nobody else can stand but he brings her everywhere so they have to try to like her

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the rest are lovely and deserve their fate

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
02 "heh"ing at the other girl robot was good

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

DisDisDis posted:

A terrible opinion!

Honestly I just don't find 02 interesting. Her character archetype is the overpowered loner that is isolated because of said overpoweredness. And possibly some wacky antics involving dicking around with the people around her because they can't do anything about it. I've seen enough of those.

And wish 16 had asked her why she chose to wreck the other kid. That wasn't cool.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

DisDisDis posted:

I stand by my friends, the Comic Relief Couple.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Have they said yet why Papa and by extension everyone else is so dead set against Hiro piloting with 02 despite her desire? They seem happy to keep feeding her random chumps as partners going by the mysterious group conversation where they decided to order her back, and they okay'd Mitsuru piloting with her despite her not actually wanting it initially but they seem absolutely against Hiro piloting in a way that just seems weird. Maybe it's been explained and I missed it, or maybe it will be explained in an episode or two if it's part of some plan about repressing her power or something but it just kind of annoyed me all episode long that Hiro and 02 obviously wanted to pilot together and the powers that be just kept saying no for no reason I can recall but were okay with almost any other alternative apparently.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DisDisDis posted:

This but also I'm hoping the lovely adults get what coming to them too

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sindai posted:

02 "heh"ing at the other girl robot was good

Need a gif of this.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Did seem like the standard throwaway episode 4, but at least he got in the loving-robot.

Also: PHRASING!

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

tsob posted:

and they okay'd Mitsuru piloting with her despite her not actually wanting it initially but they seem absolutely against Hiro piloting in a way that just seems weird.

From what I can gather, they'll never promote someone to a pilot without a partner, but Hiro does have some bullshit mcguffen for not being thrown out, like he's got some extended warranty or a 90 day return policy or something. The counsel of spooky men and women seem to find the fact that Hiro can pilot with 02 as some oddity, but they don't seem that interested in going forward with him. Once 02 and Hiro go they'll probably spend the rest of the plot chasing after them because he probably has something like the password to the home router printed on the bottom of his foot or something.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Mokinokaro posted:

It's obviously where a lot of her character development will likely go.

She's going to hook up with the other anime girls and the boys will slowly be phased out of the show?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

the fight was bad (like why did ichigo go from pinning down the middle of the monster to immediately almost getting eaten???) but i liked the scene where they destroy the worm so w/e i guess

i'm including the probably 10 minutes of talking and getting the robot hiro and 02 had to do between when the kids were first in danger of being eaten and getting saved. the klaxosaur spent that whole time drooling on them i guess???

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

I try not to get so worked up over anime time dilation.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Understanding posted:

idk if i've just gotten less tolerant of it as i watch more anime but this is probably one of the first times i've been bothered by it so much

maybe because 02 keeps making a big deal about how the kids are gonna die and then they set up this kind of poo poo

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Erg posted:

i'm including the probably 10 minutes of talking and getting the robot hiro and 02 had to do between when the kids were first in danger of being eaten and getting saved. the klaxosaur spent that whole time drooling on them i guess???
It has very weak jaws and is really sensitive about it so lay off okay

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Understanding posted:

"This planet will blow up in five minutes." - Frieza

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

The new episode made me happy. I hope they have more smug faces because this was fun to scribble.
E: more actual progress because gently caress it

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 4, 2018

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
glasses girl seemed to be really into ichigo touching her shoulder, to the point where it seems like her trying to remember the sensation is what let her robot properly

those of you who are mad about this show being so hatefully heterosexual, maybe this will go where you want

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

i will not be satisfied until someone gets pegged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

million dollar smile

• Locked thread