Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

Also noticed that the plastic sisters clock is set at 6 minutes to midnight...

Read the comments on the video, half of them are either people asking GW if that means anything or GW trolling the askers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

gently caress yes! First the beastman and now this guy, GW knocking it out of the park with Necromunda. (assuming they aren't retarded and only have Orlocks in GW 2)

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
WarhammerTV's responses to all the comments are all pretty :vince:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

susan posted:

Read the comments on the video, half of them are either people asking GW if that means anything or GW trolling the askers.

ha, fair enough

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
To be fair it wouldn't be the first time the GW social team trolled sisters players.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If the model looks anything like that artwork, I'll be happy. I picked up the beastman at LVO and it's a great sculpt. I wonder if this guy is on the mysterious page 5 they keep teasing?

I haven't picked up the Necromunda box yet, but will in the next couple of months. I just haven't had the time to get around to it. I am really looking forward to the Orlocks though and will have to pick them up when they release later this month(?)

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Thanks for the replies. I'll probably just go ahead and build them as the starter gangs then. I'm intending to go with Orlocks eventually anyway.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably just go ahead and build them as the starter gangs then. I'm intending to go with Orlocks eventually anyway.

Same here, they look awesome. I do really want all the primary gangs released before jumping into a big campaign though.

There's some awesome future of necromunda stuff revealed at some GW event today. Pictures here:

http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/the-future-of-necromunda-seminar.html

Looks like they've got some really cool outlandish ideas for characters, background models, detailed settings beyond Hive Primus, all good stuff.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Yeah, and I'm basically the only dude who wants to play it...

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
And a load more pics released today, including the FW weapon packs for Goliaths and Orlocks. This game is getting some loving sick support, can't wait to see the next gang.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Oh yeah, that's a filthy amount of promise! I'm kinda mad that I'll have to paint more Escher/Goliaths, tho.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Its going to be goddamn criminal if they don't bring Squats to 40k proper after teasing us like this.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Pendent posted:

Its going to be goddamn criminal if they don't bring Squats to 40k proper after teasing us like this.

Andy Chambers said they were never popular. People only bitched when they liked the line. They might get a surprise release like GSC, but I think that had more people interested in them and also bridged guard and nid players.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

To be fair it wouldn't be the first time the GW social team trolled sisters players.

gw has been actively trolling sisters players for close to 2 decades now

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
gently caress knows why but I'm tempted to buy the Dwarf team for Blood Bowl. :/

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

gently caress knows why but I'm tempted to buy the Dwarf team for Blood Bowl. :/

The models are really nice if nothing else.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Finally played a three-player standalone/test game of SWA with a couple of friends of mine! (I was of course using the squad I posted a couple of pages back, another friend was using IGs as well and the third guy was using Grey Knights. So it was very much a blue-on-blue scenario)

I ended up winning due to rolling lucky to be able to pick my corner first and provide the perfect elevated location for my sniper, along with good cover for the troops on the ground. Two guys went down and then got back up again during the fight, however my meltagunner was seriously wounded after being prioritized by the last GK at the end of the game. Funnily enough, it was only actually the sergeants who did any good against the GKs - my friend's IG sarge shot one in the face with a pistol (downing it; it got back up later on though) and outright killed another with his chainsword...then my sarge shot the injured one down with his pistol and killed the last one with his chainsword, after the meltagunner went down.

The Grey Knights do seem a bit underpowered defensively, to be honest - it seems like they should at least get two wounds or something, but they go down almost as easily as an armoured vet guardsman. They're still killing machines, though - they did quite a bit of damage to the other IG squad. Very happy with my team though, even if I didn't get/need to use my flamer!

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

berzerkmonkey posted:

Andy Chambers said they were never popular. People only bitched when they liked the line. They might get a surprise release like GSC, but I think that had more people interested in them and also bridged guard and nid players.

I am very confident GW could make them way more interesting these days than they'd been previously. By most accounts I've read the problem wasn't that people didn't like space-dwarfs, the rules and models just sort of blew.

I'd buy the gently caress out of some modern squats with the design asthetic we see from this dude.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah, the Rogue Trader Squats were basically little people extras from the Blue Oyster Bar, on trikes. It was something of a creative dead end.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Pendent posted:

I am very confident GW could make them way more interesting these days than they'd been previously. By most accounts I've read the problem wasn't that people didn't like space-dwarfs, the rules and models just sort of blew.

I'd buy the gently caress out of some modern squats with the design asthetic we see from this dude.

Even so id rather see them branch out into something different for the next faction, id really like to see some lizard man space pirates :colbert:

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Zasze posted:

Even so id rather see them branch out into something different for the next faction, id really like to see some lizard man space pirates :colbert:

They already had space lizardmen, but they lasted even less time than the squats IIRC. They were called the Slann, because everything in fantasy ported directly into 40k

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Yeah but slann and lizardmen are space angels now so they could bring in the slann to 40k and have them be totally new and unique.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
You could probably just cut the bullshit and have them be the last surviving Old Ones

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
It'd certainly be novel to see how the sculpting team manages to conceptualise "floating mass of psychic consciousness".

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

SteelMentor posted:

It'd certainly be novel to see how the sculpting team manages to conceptualise "floating mass of psychic consciousness".

Now i'm just imagining a big floating jellyfish

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

SteelMentor posted:

http://i.imgur.com/Z1N0D5n.gifv

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Is adeptus titanicus going to be with 28mm scale titans and if so who the gently caress can afford to play it

JcDent
May 13, 2013

No, the titans are gonna be made in 28 mm and the scaled down to 8mm.

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits

Solemn Sloth posted:

Is adeptus titanicus going to be with 28mm scale titans and if so who the gently caress can afford to play it

yeah, it's 8mm. The titan models I've seen are about the size of a dread, but less boxy.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I am so pumped for all this new Necro stuff. Gonna give all my sweet cash to GW in the next few months. Can’t wait.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Don't mind me.

Atlas Hugged fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Feb 5, 2018

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

ineptmule posted:

I am so pumped for all this new Necro stuff. Gonna give all my sweet cash to GW in the next few months. Can’t wait.

Has your group done any campaign play yet?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Nifara posted:

yeah, it's 8mm. The titan models I've seen are about the size of a dread, but less boxy.

though you know it's just a matter of time before we see nerds playing it with 28mm scale models

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

though you know it's just a matter of time before we see nerds playing it with 28mm scale models

Adepticon's been doing it for years.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Yeah I was gonna say :haw:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Genghis Cohen posted:

Has your group done any campaign play yet?

A little. It’s been slow getting started. I’d estimate 4-6 games played so far among a pool of five people. Currently only three fighters have levelled up (and that’s with one player abusing the gently caress out of the Mentor skill) so our fears about slow XP development seem to be fully realised.

I should get a couple of games in this week. Plan is to play it as much as we can during February to expose the weaknesses of the RAW before applying any house rules to adjust and then start a new campaign.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

Has there been any form of update on this game since early last year?

Having been a huge fan of the titans in Epic 40,000(what first got me into GW) i would be all for this game.
There seems to be next to no info though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Has there been any form of update on this game since early last year?

Having been a huge fan of the titans in Epic 40,000(what first got me into GW) i would be all for this game.
There seems to be next to no info though
There was some info at the recent 30k/Necromunda Weekender. Not a whole lot other than the game is on schedule and will be released this year. They design everything in 28mm and scale it down and will be doing a fair amount in plastic. The original plan had been resin so everything got pushed back a bit to compensate for the change.