Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
I was reading the new White Dwarf, and TSons seem pretty dang tough. Anyone play with or against them yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Frobbe posted:

They did a thing in the white dwarf app with a bunch of the best of from 2017. Other than that, nope!

Any idea if the GM in Nemesis Dreadknight conversion is on it?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
I just took a new photo of my sanguinary guard because I'd never posted the ancient before. Have some shiny golden bois who can fly unlike fat custodes who have to walk everywhere.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/PaintedByG/status/959801113607376896/photo/1

Someone snapped a couple of pictures of sketches for Necromunda models at the Black Library/Forge World weekender.
They look rad af.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
So, I had a terrible thought.

CA has a SW strategy called Cunning of The Wolf:

Use this Stratagem during deployment, when setting up a SPACE WOLVES INFANTRY unit.You can setup this unit on the hunt instead of placing it on the battlefield. At the end of any of your Movement phases the unit can join the battle–set it up so that it is wholly within 6" of any battlefield edge of your choice and more than 9" away from any enemy models.

Which seems cool and good, but brought me to another thought. The Primaris LT's say:

Company Heroes: During deployment, all models in this unit must be set up at the same time, though they do not need to be set up in unit coherency. From that point onwards, each Primaris Lieutenant is treated as a separate unit.

So would it be possible to use this to, say, drop one LT at each end of the long side of a table, given that they are placed within 6" of the same edge?

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a 40k World Eater bannered bearer, rather than just an icon? Planning to use it as an icon bearer and / or Exalted Champion. So far the 30k FW Legion CMD sets seem like the best bet, perhaps with a few small conversions or even just a head swap or left as is. Planning on putting a WE icon or transfer on the banner. Any other ideas, either from out of production models or fantasy / AOS?

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/searchResults?_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=-3859635228708176584&qty=&sorting=&view=&Ntt=Legion+command

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Oh gently caress me Valdor's a handsome boi, he might be going on the shopping list.

Also goddamn, I dunno who's doing the Custodes paintjobs for Forgeworld right now but it is gently caress ugly. Valdy's not bad, but that piss yellow gold they've got on everything else is awful. Not that the Trump gold on the 40k Custodes is any better, but the burnished gold scheme they used for the BoP models/Dreadnaughts looks so much better.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 3, 2018

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

SteelMentor posted:

Oh gently caress me Valdor's a handsome boi, he might be going on the shopping list.

Also goddamn, I dunno who's doing the Custodes paintjobs for Forgeworld right now but it is gently caress ugly. Valdy's not bad, but that piss yellow gold they've got on everything else is awful. Not that the Trump gold on the 40k Custodes is any better, but the burnished gold scheme they used for the BoP models/Dreadnaughts looks so much better.

Ironically this is the gold shade you get with the true metallic paints. The orangey-yellowy gold one we're used to is more brassy than anything else.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Paint custodes purple. Everything is better in purple.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

I'm really liking these new Custodes models and have been looking for a new army to play but since I've played almost exclusively Imperial Guard since 2003 I'm having a hard time figuring out how to play the army without getting shot off the table turn 1. I'm so used to having triple digit numbers of infantry that I just can't conceive of how to run an army with so few models apart from going all bikes.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Zuul the Cat posted:

Posted in a AdMech Facebook group. New stuffs for Mechanicum:

Really hoping dildo transport makes it to 40k.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bombogenesis posted:

Paint custodes purple. Everything is better in purple.

Every Custodes colorscheme that uses any other color as the base and does all the details and birds and stuff in gold looks better than the all gold colorscheme

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a 40k World Eater bannered bearer, rather than just an icon?

There's an old, metal WE figure that's pretty great. Alternatively, you could use the Khorne bloodboi AoS icon bearer (from the starter box set) as a basis for conversion, he's a rad model.

There's also an OOP set of khorne icons called Banners of Rage, which would look fantastic.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Goofing around with a potential Primaris list using Custodes allies...

2000 Points, 6 CP
Battalion - Blood Angels
HQ - Captain in Gravis Armor
HQ - Primaris Lieutenant w/ Power Sword

E - 6x Aggressors w/ Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets
E - 6x Aggressors w/ Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets
E - Primaris Ancient w/ Standard of Sacrifice (Relics of Baal Stratagem)

T - 5x Intercessors w/ Grenade Launcher, Power Sword

HS - 5x Hellblasters w/ Assault Plasma Incinerators
HS - 5x Hellblasters w/ Assault Plasma Incinerators

Supreme Command Detachment - Adeptus Custodes
HQ - Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike w/ Salvo Launcher, Castellan's Mark, Warlord: Emperor's Champion
HQ - Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike w/ Salvo Launcher
HQ - Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike w/ Salvo Launcher

E - Vexillus Praetor w/ Vexella Defensor, Misericordia, Castellan Axe

Nominal concept is that the Shield-Captains run around causing havoc while the Aggressors, Captain, Ancient, and Praetor form an advancing ball that's very difficult to kill and hits extremely hard.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
We've got mother loving suicide sleds :pcgaming:

:pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Safety Factor posted:

Whenever I see Forgeworld releases I deeply pity 40k players.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

What do you mean? This is just a cheap resin copy of a metal 40K product?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
On the other hand, that's a poo poo model and HH requires having resin. And AIDS. :colbert:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Whenever I see Forgeworld releases I deeply pity 40k players.

Whenever I see 30k Forge World releases I think "hey that's a cool base for a conversion to use in 40k."

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

On the other hand, that's a poo poo model and HH requires having resin. And AIDS. :colbert:

MAD. MAD. MAD.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Safety Factor posted:

Quality name/post combo

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

30k belongs in the bin.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Lord_Hambrose posted:

MAD. MAD. MAD.

You best paint the top of their helmets scorched black. And good luck with that aerial at the front.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Suddenly the weird decision for vehicles to have Toughness stats makes sense...

T4 vehicle!

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I decided to make a dumb terminator heavy list to a 1250pt (I know) tournament and the first matchup was against death guard that was nothing but plague walkers and heavy blight launcher drones with an arch contaminator and I deserved that loss. :madmax:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I'm glad that Custodes are getting all their HH toys 'coz I have no loving desire to play 30k for a long-rear end time. 7th ed sucks and no amount of band-aids will fix it. Beyond that, HH players tend to be on average more toxic that 40k in my experience, that kinda "Look at us, we're a special club" mentality.

Cute from a nostalgia perspective but goddamn that thing looks like it'll break just looking at the picture too hard.

And you just know its rules are gonna suck.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Booley posted:

Did some terrain and reivers:

There's still more detailing that I could keep doing, but it's more than good enough for gameplay and I'm ready to move on to other projects.

This is some amazing poo poo right here. I thought that first picture was a 3D render for a second.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Immanentized posted:

I like mad robot or anvil

Thanks, the mad robot teenager heads seem like they might work.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

Cute from a nostalgia perspective but goddamn that thing looks like it'll break just looking at the picture too hard.

And you just know its rules are gonna suck.
:confused:

It uses the standard speeder rules. It's just a redux of the old metal speeders, nothing more.

:pcgaming:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

SteelMentor posted:

I'm glad that Custodes are getting all their HH toys 'coz I have no loving desire to play 30k for a long-rear end time. 7th ed sucks and no amount of band-aids will fix it. Beyond that, HH players tend to be on average more toxic that 40k in my experience, that kinda "Look at us, we're a special club" mentality.

LOL

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

Imagine being this retarded

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Hixson posted:

Imagine being this retarded

Thanks for proving my point.

Safety Factor posted:

:confused:

It uses the standard speeder rules. It's just a redux of the old metal speeders, nothing more.

:pcgaming:

Ah, thought it was its own Suicide Sled pattern or something.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I’ve been owned

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
When are the rules for the HH Custodes stuff coming out?

That will solve any AT problems the current codex has.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Hixson posted:

I’ve been owned

Yeah, but you beat Panascope 11-10, so you're ahead in life.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Cross posting some weekend work from the motivation thread:

Immanentized posted:

Some terminator work

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Hi all, hobby question for y'all: My wife and I for some reason have decided to make an Imperator Titan as a 2018 project, so we're starting to assemble materials that'll help make the project as easy as possible. Picture reference:

Now some of the individual components here are easy. The right arm (left on the pic) could easily be fashioned from a Nerf Zombie Strike pistol:

And Pegasus makes modular castle-type terrain, so the top castle portion should be easy enough:

The support skeleton we'll make from iron pipes (gently caress the weight, I don't want PVC to break mid-build) and insulation foam for most of the mass/stability, and I'm not *really* concerned about the head since we should be able to find any number of pieces online that'll fit the general profile with a good paint job. But we're blanking on the left arm component; it looks like something that should exist as a Nerf or other squirtgun-type device, but I just can't find something that looks right. Similarly, we'll likely be in need of some bulk bits for everything from windows to garage doors to massive Aquillas and everything in between, so if you have recommendations on where we can look I'd appreciate it :) . Thanks!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Thundercloud posted:

When are the rules for the HH Custodes stuff coming out?

That will solve any AT problems the current codex has.

It just got confirmed that are in the very early stages of writing them. So, huh, hope you don't mind waiting a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Mango Polo posted:

It just got confirmed that are in the very early stages of writing them. So, huh, hope you don't mind waiting a while.

So probably some time after the mechanicum stuff gets 8th ed rules.