Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Only if they also get their art team to add a robot portrait that closely resembles a candelabra to the game at the same time.

GotLag fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
We're done here.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
The achievement for turning all of your pops into "perfect, immortal machines" is called "Like Tears in Rain", which is kind of strange, since:

- the character who says that line dies immediately afterwards.
- the full quote that phrase is from is about him lamenting his own imminent mortality.
- his body isn't actually mechanical or robotic at all, it's genetically engineered organic tissue.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
When you play as a feudal vassal empire, is it best to let go of a planet as soon as you colonise it to spin off into a vassal, or to build it up and let it get some pops before doing so?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

VirtualStranger posted:

The achievement for turning all of your pops into "perfect, immortal machines" is called "Like Tears in Rain", which is kind of strange, since:

- the character who says that line dies immediately afterwards.
- the full quote that phrase is from is about him lamenting his own imminent mortality.
- his body isn't actually mechanical or robotic at all, it's genetically engineered organic tissue.

Wiz, you caught another one.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Stellar Citizen - Have a blueprint of every ship possible ship class from corvette to titan without ever actually making any ships throughout the entire course of the game

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Stellar Citizen - Have a blueprint of every ship possible ship class from corvette to titan without ever actually making any ships throughout the entire course of the game

:five:

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

This is neat. In all my hundreds of hours of playing, I have never bumped into this AI personality until tonight.

"Hallowed Comptroller" lol

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I just lost for the first time

Got distracted by that dang worm

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Bramble posted:

This is neat. In all my hundreds of hours of playing, I have never bumped into this AI personality until tonight.

"Hallowed Comptroller" lol

That's actually probably just the combination of civics and government type. There are quite a few that give you specific government names depending on which you take and in what combination. The personality I think is the ruthless capitalists bit, but you would be able to get that government too if you picked those civics. It's worth just picking them in the civ editor to see what you get when you combine different forms of government with different civics.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 3, 2018

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Some of my vassals are losing planets. Like they had two planets, but now they've got one. Are they defecting to another empire without me being told?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So how much damage can you do to a slave empire by both banning atrocities and humiliating them?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
For gently caress's sake. I create a project to convert the robots on one of my planets to a new template, then start building robot pops of the original template. On completion, all of them are converted.

Goddamnit Paradox.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

THE BAR posted:

The AI just felt a little Hitlery this multiplayer session. :hitler:

This happened later in that very same multiplayer game, not even kidding. :france:

E:

HiKaizer posted:

When you play as a feudal vassal empire, is it best to let go of a planet as soon as you colonise it to spin off into a vassal, or to build it up anhttps://i.imgur.com/8yrraaU.jpg?1d let it get some pops before doing so?

If you don't go above your sector limit, then it's a pretty good idea to give them the starting food, mineral and 2 x energy buildings around their capital, if you can afford it. Maybe even relocate a couple of pops.
You can always transfer them free resources to help them out.

If you don't do any of this, they'll take forever to get up and running.

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Feb 3, 2018

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Create the artwork for the icon, but never actually implement the achievement. End all subsequent patch notes with "We hope to implement the Stellar Citizen achievement in patch 2.n+1"

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I just preordered. Thank you to whoever posted about Paradox getting more money when we order on their site! I feel slightly better about spending money!

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
loving again with the bullshit plague on my new ringworld. Bio-trophies cannot be moved on to the hospital tile.

Time to reload an earlier save~

Edit: oh for gently caress's sake it dropped again. Must be a timed event that's already triggered.

THANKS OBAMA PARADOX

GotLag fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 3, 2018

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
how comprehensive is the upcoming DLC expected to be? I played this on release, thought it was probably a 6.5/10 and knew in a couple years it would be better - is it so different that its going to be worthwhile to play now and then when the new one comes out, or should i wait?

edit: im sure this question gets hashed out every 5-10 pages, so im sorry im the one to be asking it, but i did look at both the OP and the last few pages and didnt see anything so we're in this together

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 3, 2018

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Verviticus posted:

how comprehensive is the upcoming DLC expected to be? I played this on release, thought it was probably a 6.5/10 and knew in a couple years it would be better - is it so different that its going to be worthwhile to play now and then when the new one comes out, or should i wait?

edit: im sure this question gets hashed out every 5-10 pages, so im sorry im the one to be asking it, but i did look at both the OP and the last few pages and didnt see anything so we're in this together
https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/7o34yh/summary_of_dev_diaries_and_changes_coming_in/
Fairly comprehensive list of changes for cherryh, but does not include any if the changes between release and now, which are multitude.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Patches

Click on the ones that say "major patches" to get an idea of what's changed since release. (it's a lot)

The next patch that drops in about 3 weeks will bigger than any of the ones that have been released so far.

VirtualStranger fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Feb 3, 2018

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Verviticus posted:

the DLC and accompanying patch is going to massively change how FTL travel works, how wars play out and how territory is claimed + a long list of other changes and QoL stuff. if you're desperate for something to play before the 22nd I'd say give it a whirl maybe?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
cool, thanks for the replies!

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Can't wait for Apocalypse! I picked the game up in the Humble Indie Bundle for $12. What DLCs are a must have for this game? I don't know how expensive Apocalypse will be, but I'll definitely buy that when it's out. Is it worth getting any of the other DLCs?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Q8ee posted:

Can't wait for Apocalypse! I picked the game up in the Humble Indie Bundle for $12. What DLCs are a must have for this game? I don't know how expensive Apocalypse will be, but I'll definitely buy that when it's out. Is it worth getting any of the other DLCs?

Utopia, the first major expansion, is a must-have. If you like the idea of playing or bumping into robot empires, the minor DLC for that is good, and the Leviathans DLC adds incredibly helpful trade stations. All of these will almost certainly go on sale when Apocalypse is released later on this month for..I wanna say $20?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Anticheese posted:

Utopia, the first major expansion, is a must-have. If you like the idea of playing or bumping into robot empires, the minor DLC for that is good, and the Leviathans DLC adds incredibly helpful trade stations. All of these will almost certainly go on sale when Apocalypse is released later on this month for..I wanna say $20?

$20 for the whole lot of that DLC (excluding Apocalypse) is a steal. Thanks for the brief recap of which ones are worth getting.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I mean that's basically all that there is now, and the cosmetic packs are only that. I have them, but they're lower on the priority list than the other things already out.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
Yeah it would be nice if genemodding/robot redesigning was made on the pop level with the same tool for building multiple robot pops. Just select template -> click which pops to modify.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I made a terrible post on the Paradox forums about how to improve Rogue Servitors. Thoughts?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

GotLag posted:

I made a terrible post on the Paradox forums about how to improve Rogue Servitors. Thoughts?

Given I can't see that unless I make an account, none

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Perhaps instead you could tell me about your opinions on cycling.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
They're building robots to enforce mandatory bike riding. It's for our own good!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

GotLag posted:

I like these a lot! Although I question how relevant the militarist/pacifist distinction is to servitors. The other two make perfect sense.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
That's more for variation in how the AI plays servitors.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

GotLag posted:

Perhaps instead you could tell me about your opinions on cycling.

That was a hint to paste the text :v:

(And the cycling thing was that (enforced) helmet wearing in cycling is not a trivial public health gain but is in fact epidemiologically an extremely difficult and controversial question http://www.bmj.com/content/346/bmj.f3817 )

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.

GotLag posted:

I think your suggestions make Rogue servitors work more like a vanilla race, wich is fine if thats your thing, but not what I would want to play as. Its a good Mod subject (if its even possible to mod them that wayt, i dont even know) but for the base game having them fill a specific niche like assimilators and exterminators is more interesting in my opinion.

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

Truga posted:

These are usually the same people shelling $60 to ea and activision for the yearly installment of battle of duty, and they don't see how that's the exact same poo poo, except 3 times more expensive and with less content, because it isn't billed as dlc.

These, "people" are probably an archetype that would benefit most from handling these discussions with face to face interaction rather than over a sequence of posts.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Cannot wait for this patch to hit. FE rolling over my empire because I picked the wrong weapons and gently caress if I'm going to redesign and maintain different builds from here on out.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Grammar-Bolshevik posted:

These, "people" are probably an archetype that would benefit most from handling these discussions with face to face interaction rather than over a sequence of posts.

Ironic that you should say this, because in that instance that "person" made an impressively lame attempt at doxxing me by googling my reddit account name and then posting my Steam account aliases like SonicFan07, I.M. Gei and Boss Weed Goku. That proved, once and for all, that Paradox shouldn't sell expansion packs.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 3, 2018

Orv
May 4, 2011
I destroyed a frontier outpost that was a war goal and lost a bunch of war score for it? Not to mention I apparently lost that battle according to the game. Any ideas?

E: And then the empire I was at war with that was Equivalent to me when the war started showed up with a 1.9K fleet when I haven't even seen destroyer tech yet and thank you for the reminder to not play on Ironman, Paradox games. Would still like to know what's going on there though.

Orv fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

ProZocK posted:

I think your suggestions make Rogue servitors work more like a vanilla race, wich is fine if thats your thing, but not what I would want to play as. Its a good Mod subject (if its even possible to mod them that wayt, i dont even know) but for the base game having them fill a specific niche like assimilators and exterminators is more interesting in my opinion.

Right now they're a one trick pony. I think they'd be a lot more interesting if they had at least some flexibility.

• Locked thread