Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

old res had the unique tactic of hiding behind a wall while your whole team died before doing anything and that's terrible. that's not saying valkyrie has been good but res was awful in a different way

I'm sure they'll keep working on mercy and she won't be in the trashcan forever, but for now I'm more than happy to see her suck for a while

*turns off healing beam, hides in tiny hallway behind control point*

"c'mon you bastards just die already"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Shnag posted:

Zarya is my main, and I agree, once she gets going she can be unstoppable. But she is very weak for a tank, doesn't work with all team sets, and if I am dying alot I usually switch to an other tank. Though if I am playing Orisa and she isn't working I switch to Zarya, and it clicks better.

I should do this, I am okay with orisa, but I never think to switch between them.

Still bitter that Zarya’s ult is just a potg dispenser for other heroes.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ignite Memories posted:

*turns off healing beam, hides in tiny hallway behind control point*

"c'mon you bastards just die already"

they also yell the overwatch potg theme when they fly out after a wipe

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I really wish they'd buff Orisa's ult somehow. It's hilarious that Mercy's ult got nerfed and is still better than the bongo in literally every possible way.

If it was completely indestructible and charged 30% faster it might be okay.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Jesus, NY just stormed it there, less than minute.

Edit: and that Halt/Hook combo. Too slick.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 3, 2018

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

AlternateAccount posted:

I should do this, I am okay with orisa, but I never think to switch between them.

Still bitter that Zarya’s ult is just a potg dispenser for other heroes.

If they are diving behind Orisa, her sheild isn't doing much good. Same with Zarya, if none of your team members are jumping into the fray, and the enemy is holding back, you aren't going to build as much charge and not do as much damage.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Jesus, NY just stormed it there, less than minute.

Edit: and that Halt/Hook combo. Too slick.

Come here fam https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3839686

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

berenzen posted:

I don't get the idea that they didn't try different things. What do you guys think the gameplay design team does all day?

tbh I just assume they are in a closet huffing paint all day

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

megane posted:

I really wish they'd buff Orisa's ult somehow. It's hilarious that Mercy's ult got nerfed and is still better than the bongo in literally every possible way.

If it was completely indestructible and charged 30% faster it might be okay.

I’ve had Supercharger win team fights before, but I agree it needs a little extra. It can be used to coral the enemy. I can almost always count on a D.Va, Reaper, or Tracer jumping in to try and destroy it. Use orb to pull them on the other side of the shield you put in front of Supercharger and delete them.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

What do you think, grant a speed boost or shield too?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Jesus Christ, no more shields.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

BizarroAzrael posted:

What do you think, grant a speed boost or shield too?

I don't think the basic effect needs to change. Not every ult has to be a huge flashy instant team-wipe like Grav. The problem is that Orisa's ult takes just as long to charge as Grav while having like 1/4 the impact and being tied to a stationary 100-HP bongo.

e: Maybe it could like, slow enemies in LoS of it. Make a nice shooting gallery for our favorite immobile horse mom.

megane fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Feb 4, 2018

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Granting a speedboost to her Stationary Pylon is a bad idea

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

orisa is already good and making her ult better would be really bad

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Please upgrade her ult by having it come with a little tiny robot that plays the drum and providing an appropriate sound effect.

If it can a teeny baby Orisa that would be perfect.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

How I would boost Supercharger. 1: turn Half it’s health into shields for extra durability. 2: fix the hit box so it doesn’t die when I have it a little too close to the cart. 3: reduce charge rate from 1725 to 1500-1600. 4: maybe, I repeat MAYBE, increase the boost in damage just a hair from +50% to +60%.

Though honestly, if Orisa needs any kind of buff it’s gotta be Fusion Driver. Give it faster projectile speed please!

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Surely the supercharger should be like Symmetra's shield booster and have 50 meter range, so you could place it somewhere other than on top of a teamfight.

It still has the charging ropes pointing out exactly where it is but it'd be harder to destroy since the enemy team would have to dive you instead of firing vaguely in the right direction.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
why are we proposing buffs for orisa

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

No Wave posted:

Because Party cow is my friend and Overwatch has plenty of tuff white ladies, I need Robo-bovine-centaur parity and I need it yesterday

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

No Wave posted:

because we all have unresolved feelings for our robot cow waifu

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Ashcans posted:

Please upgrade her ult by having it come with a little tiny robot that plays the drum and providing an appropriate sound effect.

If it can a teeny baby Orisa that would be perfect.

This this this this this. A little robot centaur John Bonham.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

orisa is already good and does not need any kind of buffs

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

buff hanzo

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

frajaq posted:

buff hanzo

Arrow cross section is now redwood sized

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
No no I love playing Zarya, seeing the arrow coming, and STILL not being able to sidestep my giant noggin out of the way because he's firing tanker trucks at me.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Dick Burglar posted:

Jesus Christ, no more shields.

I meant an HP boost shield, but then it probably encroaches into Sound Barrier too much.

Edit: I'd really like a new hero to interact with Shields in some way, maybe a tank that can bust them down or something. Actually, if a revised Hanzo load-out is being looked at, a shieldbuster arrow could be a good shout.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 4, 2018

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hanzo definitely shouldn’t be able to one shot Orisa, but that’s just a problem with Scatter Arrow and not with her

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Bust Rodd posted:

Hanzo definitely shouldn’t be able to one shot Orisa, but that’s just a problem with Scatter Arrow and not with her

Buff Orisa by removing Hanzo from the game.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Jan posted:

Buff Orisa by removing Hanzo from the game.

imo dodging hanzo scatters is necessary to give gamers a sense of Pride and Accomplishment

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

If you remove Hanzo he'll never get a chance to redeem himself. You wouldn't want that, would you?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

He can heroically sacrifice himself to save Genji.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he can heroically sacrifice himself by leaving the game to delete scatter arrow

hanzo dies a hero's death

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Bust Rodd posted:

im still going through the 5 stages of grief from the one time a hanzo one shot my orisa.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

No Wave posted:

if you buff everything else, you can nerf her barrier. She's basically old DM-bot Dva with her current barrier. Mini grav is useful and awesome, but she is just a barrier generator first and foremost.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Allow other heros to ride on top of Orisa.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Ana is super loving stressful to play, holy jeez

There's so many tactical decisions that go into each of her abilities, when to use them, who to use them on, cooldown timing, aiming, ahhhh my whole team is dead and I'm getting dived!!!!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man I never really noticed how much a Genji and Moira ulting at the same time (I was Moira) is a very scary combo. Since she can blast the enemies while damaging them and keeping Genji healed so he just rampages through them rapidly.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

World Famous W posted:

Turret Bastion riding Orisa sounds like my worst loving nightmare but yeah they should be able to do that

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

World Famous W posted:

Those are called payload maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Rirse posted:

Man I never really noticed how much a Genji and Moira ulting at the same time (I was Moira) is a very scary combo. Since she can blast the enemies while damaging them and keeping Genji healed so he just rampages through them rapidly.

to be fair ulting Moira isn't keeping anybody healed if they're getting focused by more than one person