Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Judge Schnoopy posted:

what the poo poo is wrong with you and your awful opinions you monster

No clearly I'm joking, to each their own. I really enjoy the monster creation aspect and if they're doing multiple episodes, I'm fine taking the first one and dedicating it to all the teeth options they can look at.
Every time they showed those teeth, I shouted "NO NO NO" while cackling like a witch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Judge Schnoopy posted:

what the poo poo is wrong with you and your awful opinions you monster

No clearly I'm joking, to each their own. I really enjoy the monster creation aspect and if they're doing multiple episodes, I'm fine taking the first one and dedicating it to all the teeth options they can look at.

I've got the perfect improvements to all McElroy/Polygon content:

MBMBaM without the listener questions
Monster Factory without the character creation
The Adventure Zone without roleplaying
'Til Death do us Blart but they talk about a different movie each episode, and it's released weekly
Game Ogre without Simone's laugh

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

creationist believer posted:

Game Ogre without Simone's laugh

How dare you

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Sawbones without the uncouth interrupting fool man
Rose Buddies without The Bachelor-related content

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Griffin is a game dev now. cool games inc is back baby https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYbRfW-QfW0

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The contract is sealed. Pat is doomed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

creationist believer posted:

It's fine and all, I just wish they spent less time on the character creation part and more time playing the game while telling jokes.

I mean, that's going to be the next video, just like Adult Cool.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

The contract is sealed. Pat is doomed.

poo poo. gently caress. I can’t believe that Pat was a [TBD].

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

yeah actually they will posted:

Griffin is a game dev now. cool games inc is back baby https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYbRfW-QfW0

I thought this was gonna be them making joke games but Griffin made a actual game :eyepop:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

im the lufia 2 music

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

MBMBaM without the listener questions
The Adventure Zone but with jokes
Cool Games Inc but with no sex crimes
Trends Like These but it's John Cage's 4'33

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
people complaining on-line about audience questions at live events will always, 100% of the time be worse than audience questions at live events

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

absolutely anything posted:

people complaining on-line about audience questions at live events will always, 100% of the time be worse than audience questions at live events

I have a theory that this post is actually the ghost of a Civil War soldier.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

absolutely anything posted:

The audience questions are great when they're actual questions and not just some idiot trying to be funnier than the brothers with a long rambling story no one cares about.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I think a lot of problems could be solved if everyone had an accurate idea of how funny they actually were.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I think a lot of problems could be solved if everyone had an accurate idea of how funny they actually were.

Over population is not as big a problem as people on the internet think it is.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ImPureAwesome posted:

Griffin was definitely hoping someone would suggest using the rabbit as bait right? that's what I was waiting for

Ned volunteering to be bait is much funnier though so I'm glad that happened instead.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Ned volunteering to be bait is much funnier though so I'm glad that happened instead.

It is, but also means the annoying rabbit stuff has no payoff at all

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Sawbones without the uncouth interrupting fool man
Rose Buddies without The Bachelor-related content

Wonderful except with Bachelor content instead

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I keep seeing Black Desert Online advertised on steam and I think it's a missed opportunity for the featured image to not be Just Like Bart

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Anybody else got the same thing I have where seeing those teeth disappear kinda gave you the heebie jeebies?

Ainsley McTree posted:

I keep seeing Black Desert Online advertised on steam and I think it's a missed opportunity for the featured image to not be Just Like Bart

I can't believe that game is still enough of a thing to even have ads.

Edit: Pat is a gem. Also, the Arby's Twitter is going to jump on this 100%

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 3, 2018

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Anybody else got the same thing I have where seeing those teeth disappear kinda gave you the heebie jeebies?

Yep, losing teeth has a deep psychological connection to a fear of getting older so it's right in my wheelhouse. (Or whatever is the opposite of that saying)

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
The teeth didn’t bother me but the veins....the veins.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

ImPureAwesome posted:

It is, but also means the annoying rabbit stuff has no payoff at all

The payoff to the rabbit is all the people needlessly fixated on punishing Aubrey through it for not being a character they like regardless of the tonal consistency with the rest of the show, and then not getting that.

More seriously, the rabbit is one hook among a dozen or more the arc set up in the manner of a tv pilot that would be explored one at a time on a weekly basis of a regular show, but since this is only the pilot they naturally aren't going to explore many of them. A whole "season" of Amnesty almost writes itself - the episode where Ned gets everyone in trouble filming the hunt to raise some revenue, the episode where Duck learns more about his destiny with flashbacks to when he first met Minerva, the episode where Mama's out of town and everyone has to run the lodge in her absence, and sure, the episode where Aubrey's rabbit is important because it's threatened by the monster/they key to defeating it. To some extent, having all these plot hooks lying around is part of capturing the mood of a Monster Of The Week medium.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Aubrey left Bonkers behind at the lodge. That rabbit wasn't mentioned in the latest episode, I don't think, even when Aubrey got back to the lodge.

It seems even Travis has grown tired of the bit.

But there's also no reason to complain about it anymore.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I demand the McElroys elucidate any connection between Arby McDonald and the Arby's Witch.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
It was pretty explicitly set up that the rabbit is going to be a familiar for Aubrey so don't worry it'll be back if this becomes the main arc.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Also the rabbit did show up in the ep and Travis made a point of stopping the conversation to tell everyone that carrots are rabbit junk food. Cool. *shrug* Im resigned to the fact he's just gonna bonkers it up.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Also the rabbit did show up in the room and Travis made a point if telling everyone that carrots are rabbit junk food. Cool.

Frankly, I did find that interesting

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Lotta Frushticks in this thread

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah I didn't know that about carrots and now it's putting Bugs Bunny's constant snacking in a different light. Dude needed to cut back.

I actually upped my own carrot intake recently, are they actually not as healthy as advertised for humans?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The rabbits and carrots thing actually kinda originated with Bugs himself. Bugs was originally a combination/parody of a couple of Clark Gable characters, one of which liked to eat carrots.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
plus it let him chomp a cigar without being non-kid-friendly

But yea bugs basically is 100% why people think rabbits eat a mostly carrot based diet. It's a fun fact, it's fine to have his character share that.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Travis was three sheets to the wind on The Flophouse today talking about the Canon classic, The Apple

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dolash posted:

Yeah I didn't know that about carrots and now it's putting Bugs Bunny's constant snacking in a different light. Dude needed to cut back.

I actually upped my own carrot intake recently, are they actually not as healthy as advertised for humans?

Nah, they're good for humans, it's just that rabbits have a very different digestive system than we do (the orange root part has way too much sugar for them, they can eat a whole bunch of the green tops though). Carrots are a special treat for them, like cookies are for us or eggs are for horses.

(just don't eat TOO many carrots or you will literally turn orange. That is an actual thing that can happen: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/will-carrots-turn-my-skin-orange_us_56eb4608e4b09bf44a9ce707 )

The best part of that bit is that while Travis had done enough research to know that rabbits shouldn't eat he hadn't done enough to know what they ARE supposed to eat: https://www.saveafluff.co.uk/rabbit-info/safe-foods-for-rabbits

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I bring good tidings and a new Polygon staffers playing Jackbox video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZfNc_kbxKQ

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, Henry Rollins used to talk about his time working in a pet store and he would have to spend a chunk of his time every day having to euthanize rabbits after Easter because everyone would just load them up with carrots and return the return the poor things after they got sick.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Pastrymancy posted:

I bring good tidings and a new Polygon staffers playing Jackbox video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZfNc_kbxKQ

This was a pretty lowkey game. They really need Justin being baffled by Simone's answers as she slowly breaks down into a laughing mess.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

even for a lowkey game, i finished that video with intense cheek cramps and red eyes

some good callbacks and pat absolutely slaying it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Can't link becsuse im phoneposting but Brian put a video on twitter of him jumping pretty high for his height. Its in the Polygon thread.