Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

HorrificExistence posted:

it's not even a flamthrower

i dont get why this is even a thing

musk even you must realize flamethrowers arent a commercial product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I feel like Elon Musk is precisely the type of person who wouldn't realize that flamethrowers are not commercial products.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Isn’t he South African? Aren’t flamethrowers actually commercial products there? They definitely had a carjacking-defense system that was just a flamethrower.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
can't believe nerds would lap up worthless poo poo offered by a charlatan sv billionaire, c.f. space x

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

exmarx posted:

can't believe nerds would lap up worthless poo poo offered by a charlatan sv billionaire, c.f. space x

You cant? :raise:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

The Muppets On PCP posted:

rolling stone is a terrible publication in many ways, but their initial scathing reviews of albums tend to be on the mark

I love when Lester Bangs shat all over Canned Heat and Jann Wanner got pissed off since they were close friends of his, so he got rid of Bangs for 'disrespecting musicians'.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Horseshoe theory posted:

I love when Lester Bangs shat all over Canned Heat and Jann Wanner got pissed off since they were close friends of his, so he got rid of Bangs for 'disrespecting musicians'.

This boogie is for real.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

exmarx posted:

nerds are bad, hth

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

How are you going to call yourself a true leftist and mod a politics forum if you get super mad at pictures of people protesting oligarchs masquerading as communists?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The whole idiot king concept is really played out imo

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Volkerball posted:

The whole idiot king concept is really played out imo

The cry of the under-recognized idiot.;)

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Please. Somebody even paid for a banner ad to call me an idiot once. I'm famous.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I'll bet that showed you!

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Volkerball posted:

Please. Somebody even paid for a banner ad to call me an idiot once. I'm famous.

was it your nemesis, the iranian people

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It showed me I'm gonna be rolling in that sweet ad revenue cash when bbs forums surge back into the mainstream.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

stone cold posted:

was it your nemesis, the iranian people

Whoever it was clearly didn't have basic English comprehension skills. :thunk:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Volkerball posted:

so your other nemesis,

i have it written on this card,

“music critics”

is this correct?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Volkerball posted:

Could it be...that happyelf has returned from the dead?!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

stone cold posted:

so your other nemesis,

i have it written on this card,

“music critics”

is this correct?

You're thinking of Muppets on pcp.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Volkerball posted:

You're thinking of Muppets on pcp.

so then it could only be your third nemesis,

coastal elites

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I just scheduled a basic doctor's appointment for July 2nd and boy am I saving a bundle on healthcare costs now.

true leftist
Feb 1, 2018

by zen death robot
the jews

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

I just scheduled a basic doctor's appointment for July 2nd and boy am I saving a bundle on healthcare costs now.

good man, don't let 'em sell you on that advanced doctor bullshit. total ripoff

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

stone cold posted:

so then it could only be your third nemesis,

coastal elites

Your forgetting safety inspectors and their unrealistic demands about how to operate heavy machinery

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
dickeye is not a safety inspector

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

dickeye is not a safety inspector

mtg table safety inspector

true leftist
Feb 1, 2018

by zen death robot
dickeye would be a great safety inspector though

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Flamethrowers are very much a commercial product here in the US. Have an example:

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Dragon-BP-2512-SVC/dp/B000NI7PQG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1517697288&sr=8-3&keywords=flamethrower

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the paradigm shift posted:

How are you going to call yourself a true leftist and mod a politics forum if you get super mad at pictures of people protesting oligarchs masquerading as communists?

endlessly complaining about something is an excellent way to demonstrate you're not mad.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...m=.8a13146ad177

quote:

For his supporters, it is simply Trump rejecting “political correctness” and showing a desire to revive American greatness. Many of his backers say that Trump is no more to blame for stirring up racial tensions than was President Barack Obama.

“He’s a guy who does not have a filter and says what’s on his mind,” said Mike Jones, 63, a Trump supporter and owner of Mike’s Chicago Dog, a hot-dog joint in Asheboro. Jones, who is white, believes that Obama widened racial divides with his “rush to judgment” in the case of Trayvon Martin, the Florida teen who was killed in a confrontation with a neighborhood watch volunteer in 2012, and in instances of police shootings of African Americans.

http://www.newsobserver.com/living/food-drink/article152804369.html

quote:

Jones has been selling Chicago-style hot dogs from a small storefront in downtown Asheboro since Dec. 12, 2013. He calls his restaurant Mike’s Chicago Dog (and more!) to refer to other menu items, such as Italian beef, Reuben and chicken salad sandwiches and something called a Chicago tamale – seasoned ground beef rolled in yellow cornmeal and served smothered in chili and cheese.

Jones, 62, grew up seven blocks from Wrigley Field and worked in a Franksville hot dog restaurant across from the ballpark when he was 15.

He made a career as a quality assurance manager for various manufacturers, and came to North Carolina in 2001 to work for a steel fabricator in Siler City. Two other jobs in the region followed, as bankruptcies and restructurings left him on the outside.

asheboro is maga chud central yet apparently the only local white guy the wapo reporter could get for a soundbite is a carpetbagger from chicago

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

R. Guyovich posted:

endlessly complaining about something is an excellent way to demonstrate you're not mad.

Who said I'm not mad?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

R. Guyovich posted:

I believe it was Aristotle who first defined this as, "Caremad."

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

kustomkarkommando posted:

Your forgetting safety inspectors and their unrealistic demands about how to operate heavy machinery

also: math

volkerball is a man of many enemies, it seems

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
it's funny how bad j. k. rowling is

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I'm also mad

kustomkarkommando