Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

Here's the mighty boat anchor Serbian radio and some "D" batteries. Yes in fact the battery sizes are standardized around the globe, would you believe it? :)

That looks delightfully 80's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
Well drat you know what GP docs tell you when they give you a Valium prescription, like, don't take more than three per day or you'll pass out. On the other hand, today I consumed no less than [b]120[b] Valiums and I feel... nothing. Bloody hell, I must be related to Ozzy Osbourne. :ughh:

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Dude you even alive? For all I know the drugs could have kicked in awhile after you posted and then it just straight owned ya. Who am I kidding you're probably fine.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Good news, straight benzodiazepine use won’t kill you

Bad news, 120 Valium means you have a horrendously high tolerance, the pills went out of date in like 1996, or the pills were pure duff

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Well drat you know what GP docs tell you when they give you a Valium prescription, like, don't take more than three per day or you'll pass out. On the other hand, today I consumed no less than [b]120[b] Valiums and I feel... nothing. Bloody hell, I must be related to Ozzy Osbourne. :ughh:

Maybe the valiums from some crazy lady at a flea market are not that good. They are usually pretty expensive.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

This is a long shot, but does Croatia offer any sort of meaningful rehab. It would be nice if you didn't have to drink/drug yourself to death.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Who am I kidding you're probably fine.

This. Took a hour long nap and woke up only because I had to pee. I'm otherwise in a perfect shape.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Dick Trauma posted:

This is a long shot, but does Croatia offer any sort of meaningful rehab. It would be nice if you didn't have to drink/drug yourself to death.
I think Croatian healthcare is pretty accessible but I get the feeling ASF's been through worse than a benzo withdrawal.

Still: Stay safe, slumlord hobo. Your antics are fun to read but even veterans like you can overestimate what they're able to handle.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Here, I'm gonna share a Youtube ad for my Property C apartment (which went to the lady with the puppy.) There is no english translation so far, but apart from a few jokes ("upon catching my reflection in a mirror; I said woah look a me, I'm pretty like a painting, I should be hung on the wall") the monologue is rather dry and not really worth the translation effort. Just to let you know what you can get in Croatia for 240 euros (utilities not included.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjA7kNzVAAY

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Looks pretty nice actually.

Cool parquet floor

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Here, I'm gonna share a Youtube ad for my Property C apartment (which went to the lady with the puppy.) There is no english translation so far, but apart from a few jokes ("upon catching my reflection in a mirror; I said woah look a me, I'm pretty like a painting, I should be hung on the wall") the monologue is rather dry and not really worth the translation effort. Just to let you know what you can get in Croatia for 240 euros (utilities not included.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjA7kNzVAAY

Why no rug?! It would really tie the room together. (On the other hand....dog would probably ruin it anyway).

Man, it tells you how tiny a place is when a single room contains a bed and the washing machine...

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I had an apartment about that size in New York in the late 80s and I think I paid $1100 for it.

Hit up the bathtub tile surround with some bleach, though.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I couldn't live in a place with a fridge that small and no real freezer space

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

steady posted:

Why no rug?! It would really tie the room together. (On the other hand....dog would probably ruin it anyway).

Man, it tells you how tiny a place is when a single room contains a bed and the washing machine...

Several things; I personally don't like rugs because they're unsanitary and difficult to maintain, and as far as tenants are concerned, they give a flying gently caress about the well being of the rug and the drat thing would've been ruined within minutes.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

So that’s what goes for 240€ in Zagreb today. I am guessing utilities go on top of that? Another 100-150€? That’s a sizeable chunk out of your wages if you’re waiting on tables or doing something similar to get by

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

So that’s what goes for 240€ in Zagreb today. I am guessing utilities go on top of that? Another 100-150€? That’s a sizeable chunk out of your wages if you’re waiting on tables or doing something similar to get by

That's not a concern of mine. I'd rather rent to a hooker than a waiter because the former is swimming in cash and the latter is picking pennies off the sidewalk. Harsh, yes, but that's just the way things are.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I really miss having a washer and dryer in my apartment. :(

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

I really miss having an apartment all to myself, even if it’s real tiny. €240 is fairly affordable, is that about the average for a small flat in zagreb?

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

That's not a concern of mine. I'd rather rent to a hooker than a waiter because the former is swimming in cash and the latter is picking pennies off the sidewalk. Harsh, yes, but that's just the way things are.

Don’t worry dude, I’m just making an observation about the rentals market. Of course you should charge as much as the market allows

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Old Binsby posted:

I really miss having an apartment all to myself, even if it’s real tiny. €240 is fairly affordable, is that about the average for a small flat in zagreb?

You can eke as low as 200€ for a studio if there aren't too many interested parties who'd take an apartment from your hands. That means noisy neighbors, cheap and hasty construction, bugs, or hell even the apartment may be the sweetest thing ever but bloody hell it's in the boonies. It' your money, you decide what to do with it. :)

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

who'd take an apartment from your hands.

I miss the edit feature, meant "snaps an apartment from your hands." See my apartments are one of those hot properties, whenever I run an ad for an apartment, the phone is ringing off the hook all day long.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Old Binsby posted:

I ask €250 for a flat similar to his (not as new but has a balcony). The prices are bound to go up though because for reasons unfathomable to us from Zagreb, the city started attracting tourists so a lot of flat owners switched from long term rent to Air Bnb. I could probably find tenants for €300.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

ha, thanks guys. now I will always have a voice in the back of my mind reminding me that for that amount of money, instead of boozing it up or buying dumb stuff I could’ve gotten a pied a terre in the Balkans. Sounds pretty sweet even if i’m a 12 hour drive off

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

What does a nice, say 2 bedroom 75 m2 apartment cost?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

spankmeister posted:

What does a nice, say 2 bedroom 75 m2 apartment cost?

If you wanna buy it, ~120,000 to ~180,000€
For rent, ~600€ per month, utilities naturally not included and they can be astronomical.

For the purpose of this metric, I looked up apartments which are located in my estate (in Zagreb) which is generally considered nice.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

I'm a criminal, I stole my neighbor's clothespins :devil:

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

I don't know whether I've said before, but one of the prospective tenants said that my apartment looks as if a woman had decorated it. I took this as a huge compliment. :)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

If you wanna buy it, ~120,000 to ~180,000€
For rent, ~600€ per month, utilities naturally not included and they can be astronomical.

For the purpose of this metric, I looked up apartments which are located in my estate (in Zagreb) which is generally considered nice.
Hmm that's not as cheap as I'd imagined tbh.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
You have anyone in mind to inherit these goldmines if you should somehow die?

I've always loved your thread ;)

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Tortuga posted:

You have anyone in mind to inherit these goldmines if you should somehow die?

I've always loved your thread ;)

In have in fact wrote a will, leaving everything to my half-sister (same dad, different mom). I reckon that my net worth is around $140,000 which is enough to live comfortably for a long, long time. Let's hope nothing bad and unexpected happens to me in the meantime! :haw:

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

I don't know whether I've said before, but one of the prospective tenants said that my apartment looks as if a woman had decorated it. I took this as a huge compliment. :)

This is something that I was wondering about from your last video; are apartments in Zagreb typically fully furnished when you rent? Every place I or one of my friends has moved into has been completely empty when we moved in.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Tippecanoe posted:

This is something that I was wondering about from your last video; are apartments in Zagreb typically fully furnished when you rent? Every place I or one of my friends has moved into has been completely empty when we moved in.

Yea, the apartments are expected to be fully furnished the landlord being the owner of the furniture, so that the tenant can move in immediately. You can add some bells and whistles to the apartment, such as LCD TV set, a wireless internet connection, and the like. It increases the price of the apartment, so as a landlord, it's in your best interest to furnish the apartment well. :)

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

spankmeister posted:

Hmm that's not as cheap as I'd imagined tbh.

Well I forked over 45,000€ for this 25m2 studio. It really depends upon where you want to buy real estate, I went for one of the hottest estates in Zagreb because I knew that it's gonna be easy to rent out the apartment in question even though I paid an astronomical price for it (considering the condition and the size of the apartment)

Also, I got prescribed Pregabalin, and not just any pill, but the strongest one (300 mg). A single capsule of this stuff is enough to flop over a rhinoceros. I feel great, a bit woozy, and I have double vision, but that's not what I'd consider a problem, I love this stuff (even though I sometimes run into walls like an idiot, thinking I'm going through the doors which are 80 cm to the side)

Getting prescribed Pregabalin from your doctor basically means "I don't know what to do with you anymore, so take this stuff, get high as poo poo and leave me alone"

We'll see how this will develop.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Well I forked over 45,000€ for this 25m2 studio.

I think I need to explain this a bit further. I bought three apartments in the same estate (Siget) during the economic slump and prices of real estate gradually came down. I paid 45,000 for apartment A, 40,000 for apartment B, and 38,000 for apartment C. These three are enough to keep me floating financially, even though I need to be very frugal with my money.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
“My rhinoceros tranquilizer has given me double vision, but it’s not what I’d call a problem.”

(I know it’s not a tranquilizer, I take a related medication.)

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Geez, I think my druggie career has come to an end. Pregabalin calmed me the gently caress down and I did the impossible and started taking my therapy as prescribed. Pregabalin is not to be toyed with, the euphoria effect disappears after a few days and taking a huge dose will only make you dizzy. Now that we're on dizziness, I got hurt pretty bad because of Pregabalin. I have a makeshift seat next to my bed which is composed out of blocks of industrial foam, it's pretty comfy but it is ugly as all hell and is slated for the axe before too long, but that's not the point. Anyway, I was sitting on it one day, ten days ago to be precise, and when I stood up I suddenly got extremely dizzy, lost my balance and fell sideways... right onto the pointy bedpost. It struck me directly in the side, stabbing both my hapless liver and kidney, and as I was falling to the ground, the bedpost snagged up over every rib on the right side of my body. The end result is that my whole side, going up from the navel all the way up to the armpit, hurts like a motherfucker and my liver feels like a foreign body shoddily stapled to the spine - coughing, for example, is an ordeal. The irony of all this is that I'm bearing the not insignificant pain without any painkillers because aggressive chemicals like Tramadol are the last thing my liver needs in this state. I expect this condition to last for a very, very long time, and I have to be very gentle to my liver for at least six months or even more. That means no funny pills and not a drop of alcohol.

I said "even more" because drugs have lost their lustre in my eyes. Sure, I won't complain against occasional benzo, but I don't think I'll be shoveling weird pills into my maw again. I know that this is yet another of those epochal "I don't need drugs anymore" statements, but this time it just might turn out to be for real.

Anyways, I did a lot of stupid poo poo while hopped up on Flea Market Baba's drugs. The radio incident is probably the one that takes the cake.

I bought an old transistor radio at the flea market. It worked just fine, but it was unacceptably filthy and had an unpleasant smell. Now, most people don't know that you can actually wash your electronics with soap and water - not the glassy modern electronics like smartphones of course, but old low-tech stuff like transistor radios. The only gotcha is that you've got to make sure that your machine is dry like gunpowder before you plug it in again.
So I filled the tub and bathed my radio with dish soap. The result was a delightfully clean, but wet radio which had to be thoroughly dried. Doing this is easy in the summer, you just leave it where the sun can see it for a few days and you're golden, but it's a bit more complex in these dark winter days. The problem area is the mains transformer which contains paper - heavens forbid that you plug the radio in while the coils are damp.
There is a solution however. An electric kitchen oven. I put my radio in the oven and set the thermostat to the low temperature to have it simmering slowly until all the water from the coils have evaporated. The problem began when I set the oven to dry the radio, I also launched into an another drug bender and completely forgot about the radio in the oven - ended up baking it for three days straight and the fucker melted into a very amusing pattern. Did you know that baked radios smell like phenollic?

Funny thing, I plugged the melted radio in and the fucker is still working, I was really curious about this and I honestly expected fireworks, but then again, I'm legally insane so it's OK. :)

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic
Wanna see that melted radio

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Same, hope your liver doesn't kill you though.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

420 SWAGLORD posted:

Wanna see that melted radio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

There's probably a lot of phenolic resins in the radio so the odor isn't entirely unexpected. Take it easy and feel better, ASF!