Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
gently caress I forgot the thread. Lemme get some coffee and deal with this hangover. We'll prob be looking @ synthmesh just in case and then ⏭ unless someone speaks up with a better idea within like a half hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
alright I got distracted by some guy on youtube put a little bit of gallium on a lock and it totally disintegrated.

decided to drive one of our cars over to Enfield to pick up a biotransport module instead of just shipping it
https://i.imgur.com/AAbh56E.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/MCDIQnq.gifv

huh. turns out some of our neighbors hate our guts for some reason. Fuckin farmers. One of their cars was trying to go home but didn't get killed in the brutal destruction, so now it keeps driving back and forth in front of our base. It can't get in because the parking garage is rubble.

Votes went a couple different ways, but it was mostly hire more guys with some support for a security station in the second base. Trying to buy more ships at the same time would cut into our loot stockpile a bit much I think, we need to make sure we have enough to get physicists.

Agents wise we hire xsuperkidx who got dropped from the Megatribe Warriors, and haven't heard a peep, who quit managing a Sensovision apartment complex. The Babylon mission one. This is also the hirable agent who already has 1% improvement. I wonder if it was from watching us brutally murder worms?

Nobody really voted for doing investigations except we got one more wanting to gently caress with the cult again, and i'm just straight up not gonna do cult missions until we can send like 12 guys or they throw an alert.

Speaking of alerts:

Alien Alert -- Megaflyer One
Owner: Marsec. Function: Large Flyer Factory.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Feb 4, 2018

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PcK0WGFQIk

Alien Alert -- Megaflyer One
Owner: Marsec. Function: Large Flyer Factory.
S1: xsuperkidx, poverty goat, Cantorsdust
S2: haven't heard a peep, SavageGentleman, Molothecat
S3: William Henry Hairytaint, HBar, the littlest prince

I feel like bringing HBar may have been less than productive, seeing as we probably want to avoid massive collateral damage, but :shrug:

We load in and the motherfucker's right there:

Savage is able to probe it:

Don't like the looks of it. Better take a knee on this one.
https://i.imgur.com/HfrHPkb.gifv
peep's got a flight suit and checks out the upper level, but there's nothing else up there.

Molo makes contact. 3 blues. Savage is able to mind control one. We should probably try to stock up on more stun grenades, not everyone has one. We make them waste some time.
https://i.imgur.com/2f9ZF6A.gifv
I have a weird feeling that there's a bug where if you have stuff in the enemy backpack and they're mind controlled it will screw up so I have it move those bombs into its hands. Claws. Whatevers. Appendages.

Don't think I want to prime them tho. It'd blow up the shield and it'd probably cave in the factory, although it'd kill at least one alien in the deal.
https://i.imgur.com/JeSFAsP.gifv

Peep is able to see some aliens behind those boxes, but I literally cannot tell what they are because you cant change point of view. They must be something lovely because savage can't brain probe them.
https://i.imgur.com/P88mdGF.gifv

I have Molo creep forward, but I forgot they have loving shields and he doesn't have anything that can penetrate unless he wants to blow a bunch of ammo. He's gonna have to do something tho. If they get those bombs it's not gonna matter if he has an engine between them and him.
https://i.imgur.com/4wQujev.gifv

Meanwhile I've had S3 exploring the basement, just in case. It's a fuckin warren.

S1 is too far to help Molo, so I have him pop smoke.

I decide Peep will hunt the spitter and any poppers. Savage moves in to help molo but can't see poo poo and runs out of time. Molo spots them, but I leave him for now. Bring up S1, Goat can't get a clear shot to snipe. Superkid moves to help out with the spitter but has terrible accuracy.
https://i.imgur.com/G6sVaB5.gifv

I didn't get the cap but I end up using more smoke. Hopefully I can use Molo to spot the blue guys while Savage sneaks up and kills them with toxin, assassin style.
https://i.imgur.com/UTHDX2N.gifv

The basement was a wild goose chase. S3 bails.

I need to get Peep outta here tho, it's way too goddamn dangerous. The spitter bled out so Superkid runs past and ends up spotting the blue guys before molo can get a chance.
https://i.imgur.com/RqUmeO5.gifv
Nice throw, too bad it fuckin fell off the map or some poo poo. Need to get Savage down there without anyone getting vaped. He can see them but I don't want to risk it quite yet:
https://i.imgur.com/ml44xMp.gifv

Poverty goat is able to snipe them from across the map, but it won't do poo poo unless we break the shields. We'll try the gas first.
https://i.imgur.com/3bF89p1.gifv
That was fuckin dumb, should have just broke the shielding. Molo's tough though, he's got the grit to return fire while actively being blown up.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Good work team. We got a lot of injuries though. We only have 6 uninjured guys and they're almost all weak, brittle mutants. Hospital module is at 130%. Turns out both those little things that Savage killed were poppers.

something's weird with the aliens, too. Normally they go down from gas pretty easy, but lately they haven't either they're getting stronger or they've got some kind of resist they didn't have before.

Lets run the numbers:

pre:
   The Cult: 33% (-1)
     Diablo: 16% (-1)
  Synthmesh: 15% (0)
     Osiron:  8% (-1)
     Marsec:  6% (+1)
  Nutrivend:  2% (+1)
Sensovision:  1% (-1)
Megapol, Superdynamics, & Evonet have fallen off the graph.

Science Report:

Engineering is making good time on the toxin ammo.
Physics is now 17% done on the personal shield.
Biology still has two wounded lab boys and no available projects anyone can think of.

Diplomacy:
Allies: The Government, Megapol, Diablo
Friendly: Sentient Engine Liberation Front
Neutral: Most orgs.
Unfriendly: Transtellar
Hostile: The Cult, Nutrivend, Psyke

So, do we want to do anything about any of this? Give some charity funds to improve our relations with anyone? 9/11 the senate for some reason?

What Do?
  1. Raid:
    a: The Cult
    b: Psyke. Gang
    c: Nutrivend. Farms
  2. Investigate:
    a: The Cult. Hostile
    b: Diablo. Allied, gang
    c: Synthmesh. Neutral, construction co.
    d: Osiron. Neutral, gang
    e: Marsec. Neutral, high tech, ships Nah we just did a mission here
    f: Nutrivend. Hostile, farms
    g: Sensovision. Neutral, apartments, Space-TV
  3. Get more guys no living space
  4. Get more ships
  5. gently caress em, ⏭ & build up the bases / research

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Sounds like we need to heal some guys up then investigate synthmesh. The cult need to be hosed up at some point but maybe we need shields first.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Sounds like we need to heal some guys up then investigate synthmesh. The cult need to be hosed up at some point but maybe we need shields first.

this gets my vote.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Also, I was surprised to find out that chain reaction where some mysterious tanks of whatever blew up didn't really piss marsec off that much at all. They basically wrote it off. Should have had that guy blow up the bombs he had, maybe we could have saved our guys from getting hurt.

Additionally Single & Loving it and Reality Groove are healed up and I somehow forgot. So we have 8 guys who are good to go, not 6. 8's my usual contingent.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Also, I was surprised to find out that chain reaction where some mysterious tanks of whatever blew up didn't really piss marsec off that much at all. They basically wrote it off. Should have had that guy blow up the bombs he had, maybe we could have saved our guys from getting hurt.

Additionally Single & Loving it and Reality Groove are healed up and I somehow forgot. So we have 8 guys who are good to go, not 6. 8's my usual contingent.

It's probably like in ghostbusters where they trash the hotel. Sure it got trashed but if you want to be ghost alien free you have to accept some "minor" damage.

Anyway they should just be glad we didn't total the entire building.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
free hubcaps sacrificed himself to ensure nutrivend would hate us forever

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Hey biology, why don't you guys take a couple of these corpses and fashion some kind of bombproof vest?

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Let's fast forward so we can heal up and get some research done. Hire more physicists, too.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
We should also fire our biologists. They've been freeloading for weeks and two of them are malingering in the med bay to get out even pretending to be busy on shift. Maybe hold on to one or two so we keep the institutional knowledge of "Wait, so a big worm gives birth to a different little worm, which then becomes a skeleton-looking dude who can fly?"

No work, no pay!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah man biology sux they don't do anything useful and they want to gently caress everything. Have you seen our biologists? They're like neanderthal gelatinous cubes. Nobody wants to see them getting off. Jiggling their rolls in ecstasy, the smell of bacon grease and acne cream queefing out between each slapping fold. The sound of them mumbling in the four or five japanese words they've picked up from anime, none of those words are ever sexual in nature but they say them anyway, THEY SAY THEM ANYWAY.

Don't think they're going to clean up after themselves either, they never do, you just have to wait until the folds move enough that some three musketeers wrapper or third of a chicken nugget is able to slip free and land on the floor. They don't even loving notice. If they did they'd eat the bit of nugget. Now imagine all of that plus jizz.

I'm loving sick of it. I gear up for missions and the squad leader is like "you're going to be facing horrors the likes of which you've never seen before on this mission, but I know you can do it" no poo poo I can do it you clown there are much worse horrors lurking around base. The aliens may be trying to kill me but I can just shoot them, the biology team corners me and I have to sit there and listen to them talk about pokemon and waifus and star wars and they are ALWAYS sweating, why the gently caress are they always sweating?

I hate this place.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’d agree to get rid of biology, but then engineering would become the dumbest, least productive branch.

Not just because they make us look good. We just swipe the residuals from whatever they do all day and call it the weekly toxin production.

xsuperkidx
Sep 21, 2000

Bread Liar
Har har har, give the new guy a rock and call it a grenade. Good one.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

What Do?
  1. Raid:
    a: The Cult
    b: Psyke. Gang
    c: Nutrivend. Farms
  2. Investigate:
    a: The Cult. Hostile
    b: Diablo. Allied, gang
    c: Synthmesh. Neutral, construction co.
    d: Osiron. Neutral, gang
    e: Marsec. Neutral, high tech, ships Nah we just did a mission here
    f: Nutrivend. Hostile, farms
    g: Sensovision. Neutral, apartments, Space-TV
  3. Get more guys no living space
  4. Get more ships
  5. gently caress em, ⏭ & build up the bases / research

5. We need enough room for 10 more Physicists. How much longer until the big physics lab is complete?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Prince of Space posted:

5. We need enough room for 10 more Physicists. How much longer until the big physics lab is complete?

Just now!

There are 9 physicists available for hire today, but some of them are pretty lovely, with skills only in the 60s.

Quantum Physics:
    Transfer the old nerds to the new lab? y/n
    Hire 9 nerds and use both labs -OR- 5 nerds + the old nerds in the new lab?

Research:
  1. Dimension Probe: We need to build an automated device that can be sent through a dimension gate. This will provide invaluable data which can prepare us for manned missions.
  2. Alien Artifact: An alien beam weapon (pube gun)
  3. Alien Artifact: An intelligent alien proximity mine
  4. Alien Artifact (24%): An alien energy shield
  5. UFO Type 3: Alien interdimensional craft (purp)
  6. UFO Type 4: Alien interdimensional craft (shitpile)
  7. UFO Type 6: Alien interdimensional craft (shwarma)

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 5, 2018

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Also we need to know how many physicists to hire, because the new workshop will be done in 3 days. If we hire more physicists than 5 we will also have to build another living quarters.

Our bases this run tend to be pretty heavily staffed, more than i'd normally want. Our second base has 10 robots (soon to have more nerds). It's a pretty benign "problem" but i'd like to keep it around 30 and keep the eggs in as many baskets as feasible. Having more than 30 guys in a base can have some weird effects if you get raided, but it's not a big deal. Our first base has 40 guys in it, half and half between science and agents.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Hire the best 5. Hire more later when there are better nerds available.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Prudent.

Yolkfolk joins up from an ex-Gov job.

Butterfly Valley and crbrsd quit Solmine.

VikingofRock leaves Nanotech, prob from staring at a dimension gate all day

fruit on the bottom quits working for the Meteor Kings. Who says gravball players are all just dumb jocks?

Still need to know how to split up research. We can leave 5 in the old lab and put the new guys in the big lab, and work on two things, or we can focus fire on one topic in the big lab.

We can still hire even more nerds, but the signup list is totally wiped at this point. We'd still get research points but they won't be goons. We can use our living space to get 5 more engineers, or we can get more physicists and build another living quarters right now and we won't lose any engineering time.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 5, 2018

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
On my first day I shove a random biologist into a containment unit to establish pecking order.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
welp we need to get the ball rolling on this. For now i'll have everyone move to the big lab and focus on shields, but I won't dismantle the old lab yet, just in case.

While we're moving our guys around the Cult sends some people and transfers to various buildings. That hospital we blew up accidentally. The same astrodome Fruit used to work at. It actually takes longer for our old guys to get there than it takes the new ones to get settled in, but either way it's like 2 minutes.

Total skill is 866, the hypothetical max would be 1000, so not too bad I guess.

pre:
   The Cult 30% (-3)
  Synthmesh 17% (+2)
     Diablo 13% (-3)
     Osiron  5% (-3)
     Marsec  4% (-2)
  Nutrivend  2% (0)
looks like infiltration has stabilized. Sensovision has dropped off the chart.

i'ma get me a coffee. If there's no input when I get back I guess we'll do an inspection on synthmesh then ⏭

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

I guess we'll do an inspection on synthmesh

Concur. Am I still wounded? Did my entire body get melted off?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
you're at 81/88. Medbay is chugging along at max efficiency, but its still 2 days till the bots get their own. As people get healed up i'll shuttle bots over to Enfield, we've got plenty of living space there now that 1/4 the nerds are moved out. Once both bases have docs then I won't have to deal with shuffling people anymore.

It seems like they do heal even if there's no medical bay, but it's very slow. I guess we could have saved a buck and never built a second one, but it'll make sure we keep everyone in good shape so we don't end up in ultra lovely situations like the one we're coming out of now.

Also I was looking at our artifacts, we already almost have enough shields for everyone. If we catch some guys in this next mission we might have enough right there. We've got like 70(!) alien mines as well, we could easily sell off all our normal grenades except for the weakest most feeble agents when that gets researched.

PS now that all the physicists are moved into the new digs I realized we are absolutely gonna need another living quarters there too, so I sold off some guns to pay for it. The cost of new nerds also made it iffy if we could pay for the full run of toxin ammo engineering is working on, so it worked out anyway.

Looted weaponry is steadily decreasing in value over time because we're saturating the market. Once we have plenty of ammo we may want to start selling toxin guns or something else that's market-naïve.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXbw0gaRaIs
https://i.imgur.com/q923Jjg.gifv
Investigation -- Uhuru Tower
Owner: Synthmesh. Function: Corporate HQ.
S1: xsuperkidx, poverty goat, HBar, reality_groove, the littlest prince
S2: pop fly to McGillicutty, Cantorsdust, Fenrir, Single and LOVING IT, Grem

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

I'm back at full health, beep boop baby!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

poo poo's fancy

multiple gold plated buildings and poo poo like that. Well, let's get to it.

poo poo I forgot to give Fenrir back the Psi Amp I borrowed for some noob mutant. After this remind me to make sure everyone who uses Psi has one, this mission Fenrir's gunslinging. I was tempted to have HBar toss his over, but if a rocket proves too destructive it'd be useful to have.

I have Pop Fly switch to AP ammo, we don't want to burn down the fuckin library over a worm. These richy types won't go for it.

S1 stays on the ground, I have S2 go up and Grem scout ahead. It's not a huge map, but it's dense with multi level buildings. We make contact with Grem spotting a chrysalis.

https://i.imgur.com/1quMIsW.gifv
I can hear some snakes and spitters out there hocking loogies but they don't come out.

https://i.imgur.com/ruBCyPv.gifv
gently caress it was a trap! I should have carefully checked everything! both Pop Fly and Fenrir are easily devoured by snakes. I thought there would only be a few and they'd be in with the chrysalis... god drat it. Single's pretty injured too.
https://i.imgur.com/uLUk4Th.gifv
Cantor spots the one that killed Pop Fly, but isn't in a really good position to deal with it. The building with the helipad is a fuckin warren of these bastards. Meanwhile HBar & Prince apply horror waves to the blue guy. Hopefully if they're able to double up it'll freak out completely and not be a problem.
https://i.imgur.com/2z77Hn7.gifv
Reality Groove has the specialized kit and is probably best for the worm. That'll give Single a way out.
https://i.imgur.com/pehcwII.gifv
I have HBar & Goat move to the other building and throw smoke in case the blue guy doesn't fully flip out. Rest of S1 takes up defensive positions. I decide to have cantor pull out both sidearms and wait in case the snake comes through the door, that should be enough to blow it away if their reactions are good.

https://i.imgur.com/Sw6ScAT.gifv
not pictured: Grem heals the critical wounds and takes out the snake, but is very low on time and might not be able to escape if there are others. That fuckin blue guy lost all loot in the explosion.

Cantor, Poverty Goat, & HBar move to trap the snake on the bridge. I guess I could have HBar just blow the fuckin bridge up but that may not work, and missiles cost money. I think i'll swap his loadout to be lighter though, he's slow as gently caress. That chick in the yellow dress and sun hat passed out from smoke inhalation. I have superkid move to follow
https://i.imgur.com/A1pReRe.gifv

It was a fake out. It wasn't going to cross the bridge at all. This was a grim one. Lost some good agents.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

reality_groove posted:

I'm back at full health, beep boop baby!

Bad luck to say poo poo like that, buddy. Back to the chop shop with you.

pre:
        _.---,._,'
       /' _.--.<                    
         /'     `'                 
       /' _.---.____             "You hear about those Parisian suicides?
       \.'   ___, .-'`                          /  The're IN-SEIN."
           /'    \\                          (.\    
         /'       `-.                        |/(\                   ',_.,---._
 X-COM  |                                     \ \\                    >.--._  \
Memorial|      .-'~~~`-.    .-'~~~`-.    .-'~~" "'\   .-'~~~`-.            '\
Landfill|    .' R  I  P `..' R  I  P `..' R  I  P `..' R  I  P `. ____.---._ '\
        |    |   Free    ||  Resting  ||Brazillian-|| Honky Dong,'-.  `___  './
        |    |  Hubcaps  || B1tchface || peanutwar ||  Country  |   //    '\
        |    |FELL  700FT||BRAINSUCKED||BRAINSUCKED||BRAINSUCKED|.-,        '\
         \ \\|  0 Kills  ||  1 Kill   ||  0 Kills  || 16 Kills  |             |
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|
  .-'~~~`-.    .-'~~~`-.    .-'~~~`-.    .-'~~~`-.    .-'~~~`-.    .-'~~~`-.  |
.' R  I  P `..' R  I  P `..' R  I  p `..' R  I  P `..' R  I  P `..' R  I  P `.|
|  Away all || Yvershek  || Harveygod ||  Sammus   ||  Jawdins  || a hole-y  ||
|   Goats   ||           ||           ||           ||           ||   ghost   ||
| BLOWN UP  || BLOWN UP  || VAPORIZED || VAPORIZED || BLED OUT  || VAPORIZED ||
|  4 Kills  ||  9 Kills  || 10 Kills  || 10 Kills  ||  6 Kills  ||16 Projects/
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  _.---,._,'    .-'~~~`-.    .-'~~~`-.    .-'~~~`-.    .-'~~~`-.    .-'~~~`-.  
/' _.--.< .    ' R  I  P `..' R  I  p `..' R  I  P `..' R  I  P `..' R  I  P `.
  /'     `'   |  Senekr   || Electric  ||  Waffle   || Ponderous ||   Graa    |
/' _.---.____ |           ||   Sheep   ||   House   ||   Saxon   ||           |
\.'   ___, .-'` BLOWN UP  || BLOWN UP  || VAPORIZED ||EVISCERATED|| BLOWN UP  |
    /'    \\  |  2 Kills  || 10 Kills  || 13 Kills  ||  4 Kills  ||13 Projects|
  /'^^^^^^^`-.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 | .-'~~~`-.    .-'~~~`-.    .-'~~~`-.    .-'~~~`-.    .-'~~~`-.    .-'~~~`-.  
 |' R  I  P `..' R  I  P `..' R  I  p `..' R  I  P `..' R  I  P `..' R  I  P `.
 | Chicken   || Who What  || Deadbeat  ||  Fenrir   || pop fly to||           |
 |     Heart ||   Now     ||    Poetry ||           ||McGilicutty||           |
 | VAPORIZED || VAPORIZED || BLOWN UP  || DEVOURED  || DEVOURED  ||           |
 |  20 Kills ||  9 Kills  ||  8 Kills  ||  5 Kills  || 16 Kills  ||           |
  \^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
e: woah had the wrong stats

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Feb 6, 2018

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
On the way back home we blow up a bunch of poo poo but I didn't cap it.

Physics is at 30% and I shuffle around a few of our ships. Engineering finishes its ammo run and I have them start on some more.

Time to check up on infil--

motherfucker.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

poo poo is that the base with a) no security and b) a bunch of cool robot dudes chilling out and getting repaired?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Nah, Enfield is our slums base

Alright, base defense mission, like #83:
S1: Fart Puzzle, xsuperkidx, poverty goat, William Henry Hairytaint
S2: haven't heard a peep, Blue Train, mind the walrus, HBar
S3: SavageGentleman, The Cubelodyte, Cantorsdust, the littlest prince
S4: PhantomPayne, PathAsc, AbbadonOfHell, Olanphonia, Molothecat
S5: Chillgamesh, Big Beef City, A Pack of Kobolds, poisonpill, Vadun
S6: The Protagonist, Cheap Hubcaps, DeadMansSuspenders, Dong Quixote, Lurks Morington

Right, so most of the nerds are sleeping or whatever, so I have them hide in the toilets. Chill and Molo will guard their nerds by hanging out in front of the door. Unless there's a total catastrophe they should all be fine.

The protagonist somehow ends up being the one guarding the nerds who have a chance to escape. I have them follow him towards the door but he'll be the one peeking out first.

S3 starts right next to the garage, but near the exit, so they'll provide cover for Protag and the nerds.
S2 starts next to some nerds and I have them move to a security station.
S1 is in a total dumbass place just hanging out in the break room far away from anywhere useful. They move towards the garage.
https://i.imgur.com/Wy8dOiz.gifv

The Protagonist leads the nerds to safety, despite his grievous wounds.
https://i.imgur.com/Ge79tM6.gifv

Everyone gets into position, but we haven't made contact yet, so I send our flying guys to peer through the doors.
https://i.imgur.com/2xG542R.gifv
THESE assholes again

I have Peep back off, but I want Savage to try and brain control them. Hopefully we can lure them into the security stations, and not out through the living quarters. I'm strongly considering bulldozing that and putting in one more station. I'll have some of S1 check the hall, otherwise S3 may get flanked.
https://i.imgur.com/WIYedSy.gifv

Well, it worked. They ran right in like a pack of noobs. Those security stations really chewed them up, and our guys were protected from the insane onslaught of grenades.

If at first you don't succeed, try try again? I have HBar swap to PSI/Plasma so the loot doesn't get damaged. Walrus gets some good shots in.
https://i.imgur.com/GnVVRKX.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/D67xA98.gifv
That's a wrap! good work guys. Those security stations are absolute monsters in realtime and make it really safe for your guys.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I get to heroically dive for cover under my lab desk as my first action, cool

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Bunch of baka gaijin upset about biology being the most superior science division. This downtime is a reward for our devotion to understanding everything there is to know about aliens *hastily stuffs picture labeled "arthropod meat cuts diagram" into drawer*

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Butterfly Valley posted:

I get to heroically dive for cover under my lab desk as my first action, cool

can't fight the aliens if ur dead

mind the walrus is now proven to be an insane human-murderer who rivals protag for the top spot.
Absolute shitload of kills on that mission.

Loot. Well, we got some ammo, mostly guns. Probably should have someone swap to a minilauncher. Unfortunately a lot blew up just cause they were slinging so many grenades everywhere.

Physics is 40% done with the shields.

looks like infiltration is way down. I think i'll just ⏭ but i'll do the update later.

Olanphonia posted:

Bunch of baka gaijin upset about biology being the most superior science division. This downtime is a reward for our devotion to understanding everything there is to know about aliens *hastily stuffs picture labeled "arthropod meat cuts diagram" into drawer*

Well, if fuckin physics would get crackin maybe we'd be able to shoot down the pancake ufo and get some new alien samples???

e: Or perhaps.... penetrate the alien gateway!?!?!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Well even a cursory glance through this thread should indicate that we are indeed all about penetration over here.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Well, I have a little bit of time yet, and I don't like leaving without some kind of vote

Living quarters @ Enfield & security station @ Lauroon are done. We can demolish a living quarter and put in another security station at enfield if we want, or we can build another station at lauroon if we want. Or both. Or we can also demolish the physics lab, or keep it and hire more physicists.

There are only two physicists available but they're ok. One's a 90, the other's a 70.

There's enough free space in the medbay to jam all the hurt people in there. This would leave our second base pretty weakly defended, so I sent over Fart Puzzle & Superkid to keep an eye on it.

pre:
     The Cult 22% (-8)
    Synthmesh  9% (-8)
       Diablo  5% (-8)
Superdynamics  1% (+1)
infiltration is mostly leveled off, but superdynamics seems to be upticking outta nowhere. There were a couple others who blipped, but then went back to zero. Probably the same deal. I bet the UFOs come soon.

yeah these guys can get hosed. We don't have that kinda money.

Reminds me, gotta gear up the guys. There are literally zero mind benders on the market, so we have one mutie who will not be able to do anything. Not optimal. I sell off some of our horde of guns and buy medkits.

Now this is interesting. Apparently Psyke has realized they can't beat us. For a small fee they'll call off the feud.

What do we want to do?
  • Pay off Psyke, end the feud? y/n
  • Build more security? y/n
  • Hire more physicists? y/n

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 6, 2018

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Psyke can lick us where the poo comes out. More security! More science dweebs!

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
Do not bribe Psyke.

Do use the money to hire more physicists and security.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I didn't get reduced to a pile of ash and bones so we could kowtow to some futuristic telephone fortune tellers. Use that cash elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
fyi psyke already lost substantially more than they would gain from this payout. They basically lose more than twice or 3x this every time we raid them or they fail a raid on us. That's just the cost of the actual guns, if they send 8 agents and pay the same wages we do, then they are losing something like 5 grand on top of that. When we raid them they also get damages but I don't know how much a hosed up dump would be to "fix." They're in the hole and owe a lot of money IIRC.

IF we agree to terms of the truce they go back to neutral, not unfriendly. They might then either sour on it and become enemies again, or they might decide they respect us now.
IF we don't agree we can always just farm them for loot, or they will deliver us some in the form of base missions, but this loot will become increasingly less valuable over time. All the guns we've got off them really have gone down a lot in price because I periodically sell them off to get operating money. It also makes alien missions on their turf shittier.

• Locked thread