Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I wanna go boar hunting with a halberd now.

https://youtu.be/5Zy6B6SnoY0
Homeboy chopping pigs in half 17 seconds in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LanceHunter posted:

Then you’re an idiot who would end up dead or heavily scarred. As mentioned earlier, if a boar is coming at you there isn’t really any target area available to you that isn’t it’s stupid-thick skull. If you’re trying to rely on it’s own momentum that’s even worse because after your spear glances off it’s cheek or forehead you’ve now got a 200+ pound pork tank moving at full speed and too close for you to try and spear again or run away from.

Dude probably got one of those major leg arteries cut. That’ll end things pretty quickly.

Is persistence hunting an option?

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
WOULD YOU RATHER FIHT:

FIVE BOARS SIZED AS HUMAN BABIES

OR

FUVEHUNDRED BOAR-SIZED HUMAN BABIES

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Bum the Sad posted:

What? No, the pig is... oh, 17 seconds in, you say.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Bum the Sad posted:

I knew deep in my heart, before I clicked on this, that it would be a Dads with Swords video. I was not disappointed.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

oohhboy posted:

Is persistence hunting an option?

Persistence hunting only works on animals that run away.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Cry Havoc posted:

ahhh kill the yuan ti

whew lad, that brings me back!

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
can you imagine if you had approached someone 25 years ago and said "hey guess what, I have a video of a middle-aged overweight guy throwing a halberd into a dead pig IN SLOW MOTION" and they replied with "oh yeah, one of those Dads with Swords videos"

loving internet

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Kharnifex posted:

whew lad, that brings me back!

want hot water?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Bajaj posted:

Cross posting:

I am genuinely not sure whether she has just painted eyes onto her eyelids then MS painted in her eyebrows

Also inb4 im an ugly neckbeard, glass houses, stones etc

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Why isnt boar meat called boark

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Riptor posted:

brb registering a trademark

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Riptor posted:

You know the answer in your heart.

No why

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

WarpedNaba posted:

To be fair, the squealing wouldn't be so great on my nerves either.

Seconding this. An unhappy pig sounds like the bastard offspring of a steel mil and an abattoir being murdered by a rusty hacksaw wielding Michael J. Fox.

I had to listen to some guys trying to load a pig into a truck outside my hostel window once. It took forever because the animal must have known what was coming and wouldn't let go of the sidewalk and just screamed and screamed and screamed with this horrible organic-mechanical noise. It's loving terrible and that was in Latin America with an exotic lilting accent.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 4, 2018

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Outrail posted:

Seconding this. An unhappy pig sounds like the bastard offspring of a steel mil and an abattoir being murdered by a rusty hacksaw wielding Michael J. Fox.

I had to listen to some guys trying to load a pig into a truck outside my hostel window once. It took forever because the animal must have known what was coming and wouldn't let go of the sidewalk and just screamed and screamed and screamed with this horrible organic-mechanical noise. It's loving terrible and that was in Latin America with an exotic lilting accent.

Back in the early 90's I lived in Hanoi. Some butchers used a patch of grass below our balcony to slaughter pigs on the regular at around five-six o'clock in the morning. That is not a very pleasant alarm clock, although effective. The meat was absolutely spectacular though!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Potrzebie posted:

Back in the early 90's I lived in Hanoi. Some butchers used a patch of grass below our balcony to slaughter pigs on the regular at around five-six o'clock in the morning. That is not a very pleasant alarm clock, although effective. The meat was absolutely spectacular though!

I imagine sleeping in became a grueling challenge in psychological self abuse.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

TheRagamuffin posted:

I knew deep in my heart, before I clicked on this, that it would be a Dads with Swords video. I was not disappointed.

Here for you bro.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://i.imgur.com/70E1cdb.mp4

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
that dude even had the benefit of the sinkhole being on a slight slope. there's literally no way he could have missed it

~i Faced the hole and the hole won~

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
The light coming up in the end is a nice touch.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
It's like he's just lazy too stop.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

nah was just on his phone and not paying attention to the road

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Outrail posted:

I imagine sleeping in became a grueling challenge in psychological self abuse.

Eventually you get used to it. First time was a special experience though... "What the gently caress!? Why are they torturing animals before sunrise on our balcony?"

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Cry Havoc posted:

want hot water?

Hot water is definitely good for healthy, and for scale health.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Potrzebie posted:

Eventually you get used to it. First time was a special experience though... "What the gently caress!? Why are they torturing animals before sunrise on our balcony?"

Reminds me of my walk to school in Korea past the dog farm.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting!

Malus
Nov 17, 2006

The dicks ain't biting
The Girls from Brazil?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Apparently a very close family member of mine has decided to go to China and marry a Chinese woman who wants to marry him but does not speak any English. I hope that they are very happy although admit I do wonder about the logistics of it.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

penis goes in the vagina

sideways

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Well she is also in her 50s, and divorced. Apparently she's well-off but absolutely wants to get the hell out of China.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

That might actually work out, especially if she hates her family and cuts off ties with her hometown.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I mostly think "well he's actually very nice, and there's not much in China for an older divorced woman I assume :confused:"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

that's true tho. if a woman ever divorces a man in china she is persona non grata basically forever.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

Well she is also in her 50s, and divorced. Apparently she's well-off but absolutely wants to get the hell out of China.

If she's well off there's no need for her to marry anyone

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

To get out of China and spite her ex/family. Maybe human companionship?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yeah there is, social acceptance. she can be well off but that won't buy a single woman acceptance and immunity from the constant browbeating that characterizes 'polite' chinese society

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Potrzebie posted:

Bringing someone home must have been a treat. I'd stay up all night just to watch them wake up.

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

This thread provides a lot of valuable insight, especially for someone who lives in best China (japan), but what’s up with the death gif posting? I don’t like it. Haier esp is all about those and ‘ugly girl’ tinder pics...it’s weird and negative and mean (● ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Riptor posted:

simplefish posted:

brb registering a trademark

Too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007