Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Oh my god I just saw the try. I know our men's team is garbage but that was something else :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Tyma posted:

Each team has a limited number of substitutions they can make, and once a player is substituted, they can't return to the game later on.

The HIA test was introduced during a big concussion 'scare', and it takes precedence over the substitution rules. If a team's doctor (or in some countries, the referee) are concerned that a player may be concussed, he must leave the field immediately, and can be replaced with any player.

France's "thing" is that the French doctors suddenly become very aware of the danger of concussions during the last ten minutes of a match, when bringing a particular player back onto the field would give them a huge advantage. In this case, France didn't have a like-for-like replacement to replace the guy with the knee injury, and would have to bring on one of their remaining substitutes, and play the last ten minutes without a scrum half.

Because the French official insisted to the referee that the possibility of a concussion had been discussed, France were instead allowed to replace the injured player with they scrum half they took off earlier in the game, and gained a huge advantage.

It should be noted that this is the second year in a row where in a 6 nations game the french officials insisted a player had a head injury which would allow a previously subbed player to return to the field.
Last year he had "a sore back", this year a clear leg injury. However a HIA allows them to bring back a player instead of being a man down. Hmmm.....

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

stavros880 posted:

Depends a lot on country are you in I guess.
If you can get a UK VPN then you can just watch them on the BBC iplayer.

I am in the US. It's been a while since I've used a VPN to get around such restrictions (since Netflix stopped letting the one I was using work). What is a good / cheap provider for a VPN for this? Thanks.

I don't mind watching on YouTube, but half the time when watching the tournaments, YouTube spoils the winner by suggesting the next match to watch.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

sleep with the vicious posted:

Uruguay scores and is up 23-21. Not looking good for Canada.

25-21 with a touchline conversion.

Final score: 32-31 for Uruguay, Uruguay qualifies for the World cup and there's a good chance Canada misses.

Canada needs to change domestic structures immediately, at this rate it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Canada will still qualify through the repechage. They only need to beat, like, Morocco or Belgium or wevs. Not even they can gently caress that up.

Edit - Someone with MS paint need to update this thing

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I am in the US. It's been a while since I've used a VPN to get around such restrictions (since Netflix stopped letting the one I was using work). What is a good / cheap provider for a VPN for this? Thanks.

I don't mind watching on YouTube, but half the time when watching the tournaments, YouTube spoils the winner by suggesting the next match to watch.

There is only one VPN provider for the discerning goon https://forums.somethingawful.com/announcement.php?forumid=1

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

bessantj posted:

There is only one VPN provider for the discerning goon https://forums.somethingawful.com/announcement.php?forumid=1

That's fair, was looking into it earlier, might do it in a couple weeks.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Anyone have a decent gif source? I was hoping to find one of the end of the US/Argentina game where the ball got punched loose at FT

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
God that was a nasty one. Looked exactly like what happened to Webb in 2015.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Completely popped his knee?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Not often you actually hear the scream

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
In other third tier nation news, Brazil beat Chile in Chile. A few years ago that would have been a shocking upset, but Brazil has really improved.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Seems like Italy might collapse after that disallowed try.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Italy refusing to die.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

Vaders Jester posted:

Italy refusing to die.

They deeeeed

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

France are getting investigated for their obvious attempts at gaming the HIA system.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vagabundo posted:

France are getting investigated for their obvious attempts at gaming the HIA system.

Good

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I normally try and watch just about each match at some point, but I'm probably going to be travelling during the Ireland v Italy game. I'm not going to miss anything, right?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Unless something magical happens, no. They had some spirit, but even Parisse was making silly mistakes last game.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Sounds pretty fair. I’m still watching each Italy match kinda half expecting each one to be Parisse’s last: I can’t believe he’s lasted so long.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

fallingdownjoe posted:

Sounds pretty fair. I’m still watching each Italy match kinda half expecting each one to be Parisse’s last: I can’t believe he’s lasted so long.

He needs to stick around for 4 more at least, just so that he becomes the first to have a century of losing test match appearances.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Halfpenny out with a foot infection. Anscombe starting at full back with Watkin coming onto the bench. I’m starting to think Wales might not win this...

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Georgia currently giving Belgium a shoeing.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Ireland showing off already

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They need to work out some tension after last week.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Tommaso Allan taken out by a flying knee to the balls :)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
R-r-r-rampage.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Christ Italy as bad. If Rome wasn't such a good day out they'd offer nothing.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Leinster players are dropping like flies now.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Might be a fractured elbow there. Looked a sore one from the way he landed.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's all a bit casual now.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Will lol if Italy get a bonus point

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Aw

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
A winger getting chased down by Keith Earls. Shameful.
Not even going to mention the offload.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Parrise played poo poo and the team looked poo poo. Well except the 15 Minozzi who looked awesome. Why do teams like Italy only turn up against England?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Everyone hates the English, duh.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Never going to not like seeing Hartley getting clattered.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Hartley getting mullered and a early try? Why rugby gods, you shouldn't have:D

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Oh no, fearful for Wales now. Owen Farrell is annoyingly good at rugby too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was probably a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
cheating motherfuckers