Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

E2M2 posted:

Playing Mario and BOTW got me contemplating selling my PS4. Just got my Switch and the whole experience is impressive as hell

Why not keep both? The Switch is amazing but it’s in no way a PS4 replacement, they serve wildly different purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No point selling your PS4 with three unreleased Yakuza games still.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
PS4 has an obscene amount of great games. There's way more hours of great games on it compared to Switch, and exclusives like Horizon, Bloodborne, God of War, and, presumably, TLOU2 are as good as any on the Switch.

Switch is amazing for multiplayer (awful voicechat aside) and retro games, but PS4 is literally the best console for (quantity of good) games since the Nintendo 64.

Far be it for me to tell you you're completely off the mark, but if there's something to be wrong about, it's the past, present, and future of PS4 gaming. PS4+Switch is just about console perfection.

E: That said, if you're so mesmerized by your Switch, and you can avoid the spoilers, go nuts and borrow your friends' physical PS4 games and save an f-ton of money a year from now. But for the love of god, keep your PS4.

ufarn fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 4, 2018

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I literally don't understand why people sell any old game system period but then I do live in a three storey house with only two people in it. Aka there's room for stuff to accumulate.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Lobster posted:

I literally don't understand why people sell any old game system period but then I do live in a three storey house with only two people in it. Aka there's room for stuff to accumulate.

I always sell my old consoles to pay for new ones. My Wii U (+ games) paid for my Switch. I’m never going to hook them up and play my old games anyway so might as well sell them.

I wouldn’t sell a console that’s still getting games though.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Andrast posted:

I always sell my old consoles to pay for my new ones. My Wii U (+ games) paid for my Switch. I’m never going to hook them up and play my old games anyway so might as well sell them.

I wouldn’t sell a console that’s still getting games though.

nice virtual console ya got there

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have owned the same PS2 since its original launch. At this point I have probably not turned it on in over a decade though and the box it's in is probably full of spiders

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't care about the Virtual Console. There's always new games.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Andrast posted:

I always sell my old consoles to pay for my new ones. My Wii U (+ games) paid for my Switch. Im never going to hook them up and play my old games anyway so might as well sell them.

I wouldnt sell a console thats still getting games though.

I guess this is where I differ. I will occasionally still hook the old systems up, and I swear to God I intend to have children someday and like hell are they going to be allowed to touch the new and shiny thing with their sticky little toddler claws but I was gaming when I was two years old on NES and PC and I don't see why they can't either on *insert literally any retro system I have*. The games were good enough for me, they're good enough for my future spawn.

Edit: Plus I'm working on getting a game room together with multiple TVs, all my systems hooked up at once, all my games displayed on shelves, etc. Only problem is funding right now. :(

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 4, 2018

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I still have my SNES somewhere

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

No point selling your PS4 with three unreleased Yakuza games still.

Kimiwari 2 + 6

What's the third?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Sakurazuka posted:

I still have my SNES somewhere

same. Also a Dreamcast

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Infinitum posted:

Kimiwari 2 + 6

What's the third?

Fist of the North Star?

I don't think it's Ishin.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I still have my Dreamcast somewhere too :smug:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Infinitum posted:

Kimiwari 2 + 6

What's the third?

Fist of the Yakuza Star

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

The Lobster posted:

I literally don't understand why people sell any old game system period but then I do live in a three storey house with only two people in it.
Even when a new system is backwards compatible? I don't sell old systems as I don't feel the need to, but my GameCube has sat in a box since the day I got a Wii. I also have a few models of Game Boys and GBAs I really no longer have a need for.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sakurazuka posted:

Fist of the Yakuza Star

And don't forget that they're starting up an entirely new series of Yakuza games because Kiryu's story is finally over, and that'll be on PS4 too so by the time we get all 3 of those games we'll probably start hearing about New Yakuza.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Even when a new system is backwards compatible? I don't sell old systems as I don't feel the need to, but my GameCube has sat in a box since the day I got a Wii. I also have a few models of Game Boys and GBAs I really no longer have a need for.

Yeah, even with BC. I always felt like the controls for a game that the developers originally gave it are probably the best and most suited to that game. This doesn't go for remasters, but for instance playing Master Quest on the GameCube never felt right to me. I will cop to being a pretentious fuckwit though if that's what I'm being.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It's gonna be fun when the streaming apps start rolling in for Switch, I've got a few docks and it'll be cool to have a portable gaming/media center going

There's only so much time in a day and I've got more games on Switch than I could play through in a lifetime, and cutting down the devices/clutter around the house is super attractive to me

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

They forgot to do the faces

The trailer made it look interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNnFFZ5kniM

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

No one wants to play as a cop in 2018

i want to be the cop

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

They forgot to do the faces

Wasn't this the game on Steam where there is a event of "A bunch of black people come out protesting 'We want attention'?"

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Leal posted:

Wasn't this the game on Steam where there is a event of "A bunch of black people come out protesting 'We want attention'?"

Yup. Also this.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Leal posted:

Which proceeded to get patched out very quickly, but yeah, that wasn't the brightest idea.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

If you want more proof of the Switch's success... http://vgculturehq.com/call-of-duty-2018-is-black-ops-4-coming-ps4-xbox-one-pc-nintendo-switch

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Leal posted:

It is on PS4 as well.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Are currently-produced pro controllers better with D pad? (Other than the xenoblade one?)

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I would take this with a grain of salt for now, but honestly whatever the next CoD is I'm sure it will be on Switch simply because there will be a good 20-22 million units out by then and Activision isn't going to want to miss that audience.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I do appreciate Boots on the Ground as the hot CoD meme because it means I can completely ignore the game until they decide to make fun, exciting ones with jetpacks again.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lodin posted:

The trailer made it look interesting.

That trailer makes it look horrible. It's super ugly and morally disgusting. The people who buy that cat maid game can look down on people who buy this cop wankbait.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
from what I read about This Is The Police it seemed like if you asked someone who knew nothing about the US to make a game about the controversy about US policing and gave them only five minutes to read up on it so the end result has absolutely no coherency in message or tone

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

from what I read about This Is The Police it seemed like if you asked someone who knew nothing about the US to make a game about the controversy about US policing and gave them only five minutes to read up on it so the end result has absolutely no coherency in message or tone

There was another game called We Are Chicago from around the same time that felt the same way.

Also there's a rumor going around that the Crash Bandicoot HD Trilogy is coming to Switch.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Please don’t be gimped garbage, please don’t be gimped garbage!!

If this runs well and isn’t gimped like the Wii COD’s were, I’m all over it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i'd rather they rerelease the greatest call of duty game, black ops 2

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

yeah bring about a COD on the SWitch

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Policenaut posted:

I do appreciate Boots on the Ground as the hot CoD meme because it means I can completely ignore the game until they decide to make fun, exciting ones with jetpacks again.

Don't worry, they won't

Guy Goodbody posted:

That trailer makes it look horrible. It's super ugly and morally disgusting. The people who buy that cat maid game can look down on people who buy this cop wankbait.

Yeah, the trailer looked kinda interesting at first but it quickly turned into jacking off about how cool and violent the cop is. Pretty incoherent too. Hard pass.

LA Noire is an alright game about dirty cops and it's already on the Switch.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Weedle posted:

Yup. Also this.

What the gently caress

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

Don't worry, they won't

I just want another Blops 3 man, I loved that game. :(

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Great, more shovelware for the Switch >:|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Nothing against Zelda, but BoTW is so overrated. I LOVE the changes they made and the game deserves high praise, but the ONE thing I just can't stand is that people call it innovative when all it does is adopt Western gaming practices that have been going on for ages haha. The director of the game was very open about that fact and literally teased the game as Western style Japanese food long before release. Just to clarify my tone, I say this with love for Zelda.. I still rock my boy Link in Smash Bros ever since the original.

All I'm saying is, leveled gear, durability for weapons, open world with fast travel and non-linear quests, smart devices and cameras used in gaming, discovering recipes for crafting, climbing and stamina, all done hundreds and hundreds of times. It all works in Zelda and BoTW is amazing for their additions, but it really grinds my gears when the game gets praised for innovation as if it's the first game to do it haha.

I think using the shield as a snowboard is the only innovative part of the game I've seen, and if you count Legolas in The Two Towers it's still a copy haha. I prefer Zelda waayy more than Shadow of the Colossus, but gotta give it to Shadow.. it was the one that was actually innovative in its time. Zelda was most innovative with Ocarina of Time

• Locked thread