Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Speaking of Zelda, there is an interesting comment at the end of this article mostly because of the avatar. I wonder which angry Norwegian goon it is.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Zelda blinked, her eyes burning. Was it still there? Yes--the glowing thumbs-up "like" sign still hovered in front of her...friend? (did she even follow Zelda's instagram?)
At that moment, the reality dawned on her. The psychotic break that long threatened her reality was here.
Time...to drink.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

Speaking of Zelda, there is an interesting comment at the end of this article mostly because of the avatar. I wonder which angry Norwegian goon it is.

OK now we know where the occasional big teeth thing comes from.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Boy, I can't wait to see how this malaise affects his coverage of the 2020 election! Definitely no way he'll spend the entire year painting the Democrat as a screaming rabbit or murderous weasel or thieving magpie.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

His first point of criticism is "Zelda is too perfect and never wrong" which is basically the opposite of both reality and thread consensus (and also what the author herself says in the interview). He goes on to whine about political correctness. I doubt it's a goon.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Zelda definitely is the artist's favorite and self insert, but they don't particularly tend to be kind to Zelda for the most part as she's often the rear end end of a joke or gets into the same problems over and over.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Zelda is a drunk idiot and that's why she's good imo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Where are the dow jones cartoons.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
It'd be funny if this was the start of a big crash, coming so soon on the heels of all the DOW HUMMING cartoons.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Starshark posted:

It'd be funny if this was the start of a big crash, coming so soon on the heels of all the DOW HUMMING cartoons.

Lol, like they wouldn't all suddenly remember that it's somehow still Obummer's economy, and we just have to give God Emperor Trump the time to fix it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I love the bloodshot bleary doe eyes.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Got a title?

Maybe Tortured by Flan would be sufficient.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

the_steve posted:

Lol, like they wouldn't all suddenly remember that it's somehow still Obummer's economy, and we just have to give God Emperor Trump the time to fix it.
I've been saving them up for the last six months as part of some vague, spiteful megapost, but I'll probably shrug my shoulders and forget about it, like I did with the bitcoin cartoons

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Yes, I think I have to agree with the_steve - if there's one thing the right are famous for, it's their attitude to consistency. Much like a turtle is known for its speed.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Polygynous posted:

Neat, which dimension did you pull that from?

Wait, is that even new? It's just a contextless LOCK HIM UP, really.
It's an edit for sure, that's not the McCoy font.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Pants Donkey posted:

While we wait for memo toons, here's some garbage

Creationists winning debates...like Ham vs. Nye :allears:

EDIT: Hahaha, he even named the dude after himself. No ego here, nosir.

Labelling the two sides as creationist and evolutionist is pretty unrepresentaive too. What about Christians who believe in Evolution? Like theistic evolutionist? Or framework interpretation? Or even progessive creationist or old earth creationists? Remember that framework theory was being debated and explored by philopshers and scientists hundreds of years before the theory of evolution was even published.

Boiling it down to 'young earth creationists vs. science' is a really biased, if not entire misrepresentation of what Genesis means to different people.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

OldMemes posted:

Labelling the two sides as creationist and evolutionist is pretty unrepresentaive too. What about Christians who believe in Evolution? Like theistic evolutionist? Or framework interpretation? Or even progessive creationist or old earth creationists? Remember that framework theory was being debated and explored by philopshers and scientists hundreds of years before the theory of evolution was even published.

Boiling it down to 'young earth creationists vs. science' is a really biased, if not entire misrepresentation of what Genesis means to different people.

But for people like Lietha, Real True Christians are young-earth creationists. If you believe anything else, well, you're not a Christian.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Is that Carter Page in the back row between Ivanka and Huckabee Sanders?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Is that Carter Page in the back row between Ivanka and Huckabee Sanders?

No, Rodney Dangerfield joined the administration.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
WHY WON'T YOU gently caress?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It's an edit for sure, that's not the McCoy font.

It did look like an edit with the fonts and weird artifacting but these guys keep getting lazier so it's hard to tell.

... also the signature / date were cut off. Whatever. It was late. I think.

Broken egg Trump is a work of art though.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"The Tory leadership race begins - Chris Riddell on the cabinet campaign against Theresa May"

Sunday Telegraph:

After The Beano.

Independent on Sunday:

The Spice Girls reuniting to work on 'new opportunities'

Sunday Times:

Gerald Scarfe:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Those last three panels seem very edit-worthy

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Ann Telnaes is the best caricaturist in this thread.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Telegraph:

This is begging for a Loss.jpg edit

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This is begging for a Loss.jpg edit

When you think about it, every Brexit cartoon is a loss edit.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Why can't the UK move past and heal?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TheBigAristotle posted:

Those last three panels seem very edit-worthy

No idea what you're talking about

This is what Dilbert is now by the way.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

Ann Telnaes is the best caricaturist in this thread.

She truly is.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"Telephone", please, UK. We've moved past this awful name and you can too :shobon:

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

I also buy eggs in cartons of 13.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

Creationists winning debates...like Ham vs. Nye :allears:

EDIT: Hahaha, he even named the dude after himself. No ego here, nosir.

Wow I don't think I've seen a cartoonist DASGC his own position before

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Boy, I can't wait to see how this malaise affects his coverage of the 2020 election! Definitely no way he'll spend the entire year painting the Democrat as a screaming rabbit or murderous weasel or thieving magpie.

The only joy I'll derive from any PCity toons is the knowledge that his lovely Hillary caricature actually manifested in real life and ran as the Republican candidate, forcing Stantis into entire strips worth of introspection, before shrugging his shoulders and getting right on board with having a nebulous, unkowable scapegoat for all the evils of Republicans.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Klaus88 posted:

I look forward to brexit restarting the troubles in Ireland.

Wait, no I don't that would be horrible.

On the bright side, in the same way that the Trump administration is supposed to revitalize punk music, a reboot of The Troubles would lead to a massive outpouring of catchy-yet-hostile folk music.

Go on home British soldiers, go on home/ have you got no loving homes of your own?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVh5XZgJdHU

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Cloud Potato posted:

]

Sunday Times:

Suicidal Theresa May is a big mood

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

TasogareNoKagi posted:

I also buy eggs in cartons of 13.

That's an egger's dozen.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

On the bright side, in the same way that the Trump administration is supposed to revitalize punk music, a reboot of The Troubles would lead to a massive outpouring of catchy-yet-hostile folk music.

Go on home British soldiers, go on home/ have you got no loving homes of your own?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVh5XZgJdHU

Confirming that I listened to this like right when you posted it and I've been involuntarily threatening British soldiers in my head every second since then

it is a very catchy threat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.