Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Actually it’s a great sign that if you were going to agree with that position you might want to rethink it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

lol shut the gently caress up

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I don't have any sympathy

BC grandstands against pipelines when it is a federal matter, not a provincial one, for easy environmental points, knowing full well they are gonna get slapped down and when that happens they are just gonna go "ah bloo hoo hoo, the FED"

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nebakenezzer posted:

I don't have any sympathy

BC grandstands against pipelines when it is a federal matter, not a provincial one, for easy environmental points, knowing full well they are gonna get slapped down and when that happens they are just gonna go "ah bloo hoo hoo, the FED"

We "grandstand against pipelines" because gently caress oil, Alberta, and you.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Is it just me or does Doug Ford look like the model of a smoothbrain

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Arivia posted:

Is it just me or does Doug Ford look like the model of a smoothbrain

almost literally an anthropomorphic pig

Presence
Jul 29, 2006

Fallen Hamprince posted:

almost literally an anthropomorphic pig

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

:rip: my MP Kent Hehr

Seems every day after I would see him at the pub there was another scandle, last week was a step too far.

Also while I have your attention. Ahem.

TRUDEAUmp

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Bilirubin posted:

:rip: my MP Kent Hehr

Seems every day after I would see him at the pub there was another scandle, last week was a step too far.

He's still an MP, and still in the Liberal caucus even.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

PT6A posted:

He's still an MP, and still in the Liberal caucus even.

Go back to D&D goddamn

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

We "grandstand against pipelines" because gently caress oil, Alberta, and you.

so which pipelines should we shut down first

I’m all for cutting Vancouver island off

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

cougar cub posted:

all of them simultaneously

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

cougar cub posted:

All of them and sounds good.

e: wait, there's currently a pipeline to the island??

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

CLAM DOWN posted:

All of them and sounds good.

e: wait, there's currently a pipeline to the island??

natural gas pipeline, BC residents need a constant supply to keep from dying of hypothermia in temperatures below 18° C

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

natural gas pipeline, BC residents need a constant supply to keep from dying of hypothermia in temperatures below 18° C

I mean that's not wrong

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

fuckers get spring almost 2 months before the rest of us let them freeze :argh:

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

wiebo comin' through...

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

jfood posted:

wiebo comin' through...

*holds a still born calf overhead as an offering to the gods*

"The gas must flow."

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
ive got a hot take for this thread, get this:

justin trudeau.............. is bad

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
He's the greatest conservative we've ever had

https://youtube.com/watch?v=s7IchhU-o-A

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

vyelkin posted:

ive got a hot take for this thread, get this:

justin trudeau.............. is bad

:thunk:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Postess with the Mostest posted:

He's the greatest conservative we've ever had

https://youtube.com/watch?v=s7IchhU-o-A

"peoplekind"? not "humankind", the word that actual humans use?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

vyelkin posted:

"peoplekind"? not "humankind", the word that actual humans use?

it's a word that people use

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

perfectly cromulent

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

infernal machines posted:

it's a word that people use

is it really

hmmm intriguing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Are you too dense to get a very obvious joke or are you stuck in sperg mode because d&d?

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
This is probably the lamest (and laziest) kind of political criticism imaginable but I feel like at this rate Trudeau Jr. is barely going to be remembered in 20 years. The sheer vacuity and banality of his government up to this point is remarkable.

Maybe there will be a defining economic crash or national crisis of some kind that puts him in the history books but I think at the moment we're on track for him to oversee the most banal placeholder government imaginable.

If Trudeau cracked his head in the shower or had a brain aneurysm tomorrow what would be the most memorable thing about his time in office?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

dying while in office

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'd say photo bombing and selfies but he did that before he became pm

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

he's a loving Trudeau, you can bet your rear end he'll be remembered no matter what

they're like a milquetoast canadian version of the Kennedys

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Woman: blah blah blah mankind...

Trudeau (thinking): Hah! I've got her now!

Trudeau: We like to say peoplekind. :downswords:

Trudeau (thinking): :dunkedon: You imbecile. You loving moron.

McGavin has issued a correction as of 23:37 on Feb 4, 2018

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

infernal machines posted:

Are you too dense to get a very obvious joke or are you stuck in sperg mode because d&d?

I enjoyed the joke :glomp:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Helsing posted:

This is probably the lamest (and laziest) kind of political criticism imaginable but I feel like at this rate Trudeau Jr. is barely going to be remembered in 20 years. The sheer vacuity and banality of his government up to this point is remarkable.

Maybe there will be a defining economic crash or national crisis of some kind that puts him in the history books but I think at the moment we're on track for him to oversee the most banal placeholder government imaginable.

If Trudeau cracked his head in the shower or had a brain aneurysm tomorrow what would be the most memorable thing about his time in office?

because it's 2015

funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002

Helsing posted:

People will remember him in contrast to Trump. In all likelihood he'll be remembered pretty fondly, not because of any great accomplishments, but because he was distinctly not Trump.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Helsing posted:

He’s going to be like Jim Watson in Ottawa. Nothing special (well, Jim had amalgamation and all the sports stuff, but it never really felt like it was about him) but does enough to just stay elected.

Also, unless he really fucks up there’s a good chance he’ll just stay in power for a really long time, which is notable in itself.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Helsing posted:

he and macron are currently the avatars of liberalism in the eyes of tons of centrists so that's probably where he'll get his fame. being liberal in a time of populism.

I mean most of our prime ministers are unremarkable people more or less, drawn from the country's upper class, their accomplishments attributed more to their government than themselves.

Feb 11, 2002
Honestly though I do think legalizing weed will be a big thing. Not that they're doing it the way I'd like, but still, this will be a very impressive legislative accomplishment that will have a pretty big effect on our culture long-term.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

funny song about politics posted:

Honestly though I do think legalizing weed will be a big thing. Not that they're doing it the way I'd like, but still, this will be a very impressive legislative accomplishment that will have a pretty big effect on our culture long-term.

I listened to The House CBC podcast this weekend and they interviewed Trudeau. They asked him about any other drug legalization or decriminalization and he absolutely immediately shot it down, no equivocation, they're against it. Which I thought was interesting vs how much he waffles on literally anything else. What it means I dont know

Feb 11, 2002
I guess he figures it's not worth the political price to bring up other drugs, especially with slippery slope-type arguments being one of the main tools of the opposition. I find they also don't make a big deal out of the potential tax revenue, probably so they don't invite criticism about their spending being so out of control that they need to legalize drugs to pay for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
When Philpot was Minister of Health there was at least some openness to review the Portuguese experience with decriminalization across the board.

Ironic, given that harm reduction and stigma are such big things in the current mandate letter...