Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

gags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Candace

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Gaz-L posted:

Or have Sami AND KO show up and Sami goes "See? Told you he was a different guy!"

Kevin: "Yeah, but why's he here? I killed that sonofabitch and left him in a ditch in Mexico."

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Basic Chunnel posted:

But yeah unless they’re doing an Almas / Ciampa vs Black / Gags tag match at some point, it’s unclear why Candace was in a Black/Almas angle
Revenge against the people who got her dude kayfabe shitcanned?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Huh.

So, does anybody know where the hell Lars is?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

Huh.

So, does anybody know where the hell Lars is?

A secretive situation. The talent was just told "personal issues".

Ok, they just taped two months of TV so it is more obvious than when I was told but Lars is set to be off all shows for a long while.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
On a scale of "forgot to shake someone's hand" to "Enzo Amore," how worried should we be about Lars' sudden disappearance?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Basic Chunnel posted:

They’re being about as explicit as it gets? Unless you believe the whole crowd at the taping brought their own identical johnny gags emoji signs. But yeah unless they’re doing an Almas / Ciampa vs Black / Gags tag match at some point, it’s unclear why Candace was in a Black/Almas angle

Maybe she's having a match with Zelina setup.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Lars did horseboy and now he's stuck in the profaned capital waiting for death

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe she's having a match with Zelina setup.

How many times has a TakeOver had two women's matches? I think Brooklyn II was one.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lars is busy drumming with Metallica.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If Candice is just going to be the anti-Zelina in every Almas feud, then I extremely want to see her get a black metal makeover for Aleister's entrance at Takeover.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

How many times has a TakeOver had two women's matches? I think Brooklyn II was one.

Well, it doesn't have to be on a Takeover.

But Unstoppable and Brooklyn 2 are the only ones.

They taped a 2nd Women's match at Wargames but that was done for TV. Probably to save on some travel for Ruby since she was getting called up.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Well, it doesn't have to be on a Takeover.

But Unstoppable and Brooklyn 2 are the only ones.

They taped a 2nd Women's match at Wargames but that was done for TV. Probably to save on some travel for Ruby since she was getting called up.

It's a bit main roster-y, but I think LeRae vs. Vega with an "If Vega loses, she's banned from ringside for the main event" match in NOLA would be a pretty good way to push LeRae right away.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It may have been posted already, but here are the rumored names for the Women's Elimination Chamber.

Bayley / Sasha Banks / Nia Jax / Alexa Bliss / Mandy Rose / Sonya Deville

I'm really wary of this match if true. I would sub out Mandy or Sonya for Mickie James, to be honest.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

It may have been posted already, but here are the rumored names for the Women's Elimination Chamber.

I'm really wary of this match if true. I would sub out Mandy or Sonya for Mickie James, to be honest.

Hey, Asuka needs somethin' to do, right? And with twelve people in two matches, you're gonna need to pad out this card. Do Mickie vs. Asuka.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Those are the obvious choices but you know they'd cut Bayley first

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Half of the forum will finally have their wish when Sasha Banks dies doing a stupid bump onto the metal grating

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Half of the forum will finally have their wish when Sasha Banks dies doing a stupid bump onto the metal grating

Have you seen the new Elimination Chamber?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I hope it looks better this year

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I've seen every chamber out there

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

VJeff posted:

Have you seen the new Elimination Chamber?

no

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I think Moon should lose the belt at the next Takeover because until she turns heel or moves to the main roster and beats Asuka, she will always be defined as the woman who won the title by being second best and needing her rival to leave the promotion in order to do so. She's stuck in Lex Luger limbo with this title reign.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Padding on the floor outside the ring, and most of the chamber is made of plexiglass so that there's limited viewing obstruction. Its a lot less brutal looking, but they did make it easier to jump off of the top of the pods and get some height.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TTBF posted:

Padding on the floor outside the ring, and most of the chamber is made of plexiglass so that there's limited viewing obstruction. Its a lot less brutal looking, but they did make it easier to jump off of the top of the pods and get some height.

Which, obviously, Sasha will do, and land on her head.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gaz-L posted:

Which, obviously, Sasha will do, and land on her head.

She'll probably do that double knee spot off of it and explode either someone's head or her knees

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

She'll probably do that double knee spot off of it and explode either someone's head or her knees

And get less of a pop than Aleister Black got for doing it at Takeover.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Braun Stroman, Seth Rollins, Elias, John Cena, Roman Reigns, and Jason Jordan (although he may be replaced) will be in the men's chamber match apparently.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Braun Stroman, Seth Rollins, Elias, John Cena, Roman Reigns, and Jason Jordan (although he may be replaced) will be in the men's chamber match apparently.

For a second I saw the green in Cena's outfit and thought it was Hurricane Helms

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
Cena/Elias sure is gonna be a mania match, huh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How exactly is Jason "can't grip stuff" Jordan gonna wrestle a goddamn Elimination Chamber match.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

How exactly is Jason "can't grip stuff" Jordan gonna wrestle a goddamn Elimination Chamber match.

Balor Club beat him up and Finn takes his spot.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Might as well put Cena in this since there's no way they can get 2 months build out of the UT match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Someone needs to be the quick elimination this year that proves anything can happen in the WWE

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Someone needs to be the quick elimination this year that proves anything can happen in the WWE

They did it three times last year!

And they were all very good!

God, I love last year's EC match!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DarkstarIV posted:

This looks like a garbage rear end match.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

The_Rob posted:

This looks like a garbage rear end match.

excited for braun to throw the cell out of the building, personally

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Big "Dog" Roman is going to have his work cut out for him to carry this one to ****

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I assume Jordan gets replaced with Cesaro or Miz.

Roman and Braun are both really good at the kind of No DQ car crash that the Chamber embodies. They won't be able to tip stuff over and smash tables but they'll probably do some creative stuff anyway. Seth is great, Cena's been in enough chambers to know what he's doing. Elias is an obvious and glaring weak link but besides that, if they don't book it stupidly, it should be good.