Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Popete posted:

What Zeta should I get for CLS, Rebel Manuever/Learn Control/It Binds All Things?

It Binds All Things first, then others. Leader next if you use him as a leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Dont even zeta his leader unless your mods are really under par for your arena. I never zetad it on a launch shard and still took 1st every day. Its a nice bump but really dont need it and you can spend the zetas on someone else (since it seems like ur short on them/still filling out zetas)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yea, his leader zeta isn't super worth it, there's just better stuff.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Popete posted:

What Zeta should I get for CLS, Rebel Manuever/Learn Control/It Binds All Things?

IBAT.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

It seems like the Rebel zeta pecking order for zetas is:
IBAT->R2Z2->zHan->LC/RM

I just added RM for the 2nd zeta on my CLS-lead arena team and it seems to make a difference. Learn Control is awesome and frustrating to deal with no the other team's CLS but it just means I'm trying to focus on the other characters when CLS is in his default stance. LC on the other CLS also fuels turn meter for RM.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So is Kylo Ren Unmasked worthwhile?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Canemacar posted:

He is the best FO leader (Which honestly isn't saying much) but he is decent enough, and you get his ship at the same time (which is one of the better ones) AND all of this on a cheap node.

So yeah, farming his node is worthwhile.

Disclaimer: i don't know your situation, there might be much more important cantina farms for you.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Canemacar posted:

So, here’s the thing with KRU;

For ages, full FO has been a bad team, but it’s also a team that you’re probably 90% of the way to having individually if you’ve been playing for some time. Zylo was hotshit for a hot minute, FOTP everyone geared for his ship, FOO gets to gear 10 before you blink and is a low key Rancor superstar, FOST is a super underrated dark side tank, Phasma has had her raid use.

KRU takes all these spare parts characters that, even with 4 goddamn Zetas we’re really underwhelming together, and turns them into a solid team that can run great TW Defense or offense (depending on mix), can 4/4 a DSTB Combat mission, etc. you probably don’t want him for arena, but he’s great in a lot of the rest of the game, and he’s a stupid easy farm. (At the pace i’m Going having started the day the patch hit, i’ll Have him 7* by Friday latest). So, if you have a few other FO characters geared up and collecting dust (RIP my G11 Phasma and FOO and Zylo) it’s kind of a no brainer at that point, so long as you’re willing to invest some gear.

Oh, and also his ship owns.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

So my Arena Shard is a nightmare coated hellscape full of mega krakens and leviathans, with plenty of 3+ million GP players in the top 50, and virtually no characters under G12 in Top100, and i started late summer 2017.
My Arena Squad is all G12 or G11 and i keep my spot in the 90-120 range, but climbing higher seems impossible.

However, my Fleet Arena Shard is all daisies and unicorns and no one over 1,3 million GP in Top20. Im keeping a spot in the Top20 every day with a single arena match. I was thinking that its probably more profitable to gear up my fleet arena pilots instead of my arena squad, since getting the first spot doesn't actually seem that hard. ? The rewards aren't that much worse from good Fleet Arena spots once you are in the top 20.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Go for it man. Reaper/Bistan/fotp/biggs/tfp is a sick starting 5 btw. Reaper/bistan combo means you pretty much win once you land a TL

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Bistan is a luxury ship, because those character are loving worthless with some of the worst gear requirements.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

CaptainPsyko posted:

So, here’s the thing with KRU;

For ages, full FO has been a bad team, but it’s also a team that you’re probably 90% of the way to having individually if you’ve been playing for some time. Zylo was hotshit for a hot minute, FOTP everyone geared for his ship, FOO gets to gear 10 before you blink and is a low key Rancor superstar, FOST is a super underrated dark side tank, Phasma has had her raid use.

KRU takes all these spare parts characters that, even with 4 goddamn Zetas we’re really underwhelming together, and turns them into a solid team that can run great TW Defense or offense (depending on mix), can 4/4 a DSTB Combat mission, etc. you probably don’t want him for arena, but he’s great in a lot of the rest of the game, and he’s a stupid easy farm. (At the pace i’m Going having started the day the patch hit, i’ll Have him 7* by Friday latest). So, if you have a few other FO characters geared up and collecting dust (RIP my G11 Phasma and FOO and Zylo) it’s kind of a no brainer at that point, so long as you’re willing to invest some gear.

Oh, and also his ship owns.

Nice advice. So what is the FO team makeup looking like now?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

Bistan is a luxury ship, because those character are loving worthless with some of the worst gear requirements.

Yeah but Ineptitude is specifically talking about going all in on ships.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

Yeah but Ineptitude is specifically talking about going all in on ships.

I mean yeah, but you don't need Bistan to be a shitkicker.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I am coming back to this stupid lovely game after a long time away. There were no ships when I last played so I could use an idiots guide to catching up if anyone has a link to one.

Also I'd love to get some suggestions on the best current teams - who to begin farming in both L/D battles and the cantina, and who to spend GW and Arena tokens on. Thanks in advance!

https://swgoh.gg/u/syrinxx/collection/

I joined a public guild called Forest Goons of Endor, is that actually goons?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

Syrinxx posted:

I am coming back to this stupid lovely game after a long time away. There were no ships when I last played so I could use an idiots guide to catching up if anyone has a link to one.

Also I'd love to get some suggestions on the best current teams - who to begin farming in both L/D battles and the cantina, and who to spend GW and Arena tokens on. Thanks in advance!

https://swgoh.gg/u/syrinxx/collection/

I joined a public guild called Forest Goons of Endor, is that actually goons?

The going advice is to start over completely. You will never come even close to catching up to people on your shard. I did that and don't regret it.

Also that's not a goon guild.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Munkaboo posted:

The going advice is to start over completely. You will never come even close to catching up to people on your shard. I did that and don't regret it.
drat I probably have $150 in purchases on this account that seems so extreme :stare:

I guess I could start on a new account and level it up simultaneously but how would I deal with Google Play only holding one account worth of data? (Edit, I just linked it to my other Google Play account and the game even has a blurb about how to switch. Welp here we fuckin go again)

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 5, 2018

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Finally got Phoenix to lvl 75 7* G8 so that's pretty cool. Dunno if it's enough to 7* Thrawn though as my MODs are kinda poo poo and I'm not lvl 85 yet.

So I decided I wanted to try to go for CLS whenever his event pops back up so I'm starting to work on the old school Rebels but I gotta get R2 first. What is a good Empire team to put together? Right now I have Vader (5* G7) Thrawn (5* G6), Tarkin (4* G7), TFP (3* G6), RG (4* G6), Snow (3* G3). I can't farm Thrawn or Vader and Tarkin is gonna be a pain since I have to get Leia and STH out of the Squad Store. I know there is a Palpatine event this week or next week and I can only hope my Phoenix is good enough to get him at 7*. So if I just pretend I have Tarkin, TFP, Snow, and RG who would be a good fifth guy I could farm for?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Vader from fleet shipments.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Vader and Palpie has been reworked with new zetas and some changes to their old stuff.

Bit surprised that no one is talking about this.

Whats the Goon verdict? The youtubers seems to be of the opinion that these changes delete the CLS meta?

I really like using Palpie so i wouldn't mind having an arena viable empire squad, but they would have to be top contenders as my arena shard is hard enough as it is without me gimping myself to use a gimmick team.

Their unique Zetas look really nice and Palpies leader Zeta looks good too. They also have gotten some changes/upgrades to their other abilities.

Palpie:
Leader: Emperor of the Galactic Empire
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Empire and Sith allies have +35% Potency and 35% Max Health. Jedi and Rebel enemies have -35% Potency and -35% Evasion. When an Empire ally inflicts a debuff during their turn, they gain 20% Turn Meter. When a Sith ally inflicts a debuff during their turn, they recover 20% Health. When a debuff on an enemy expires, Empire and Sith allies gain 5% Turn Meter.
Unique: Crackling Doom
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) While Palpatine is active, at the start of each enemy turn, they take damage equal to 20% of their Max Health for each of the following: they are Shocked; they are a Jedi; they are a Rebel. This damage can't defeat enemies. Palpatine has +50% Max Protection, and, when he inflicts Shock, he gains 5% Max Protection until the end of the encounter.

Vader
Unique: No Escape
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of each encounter Darth Vader gains 8 Speed until the end of that encounter for each of the following: Empire ally, Sith ally, Jedi enemy, Rebel enemy. Darth Vader is immune to Turn Meter Reduction and recovers 5% Health when a Damage Over Time effect on an enemy expires.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Feb 6, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Vader and Palpie has been reworked with new zetas and some changes to their old stuff.

Bit surprised that no one is talking about this.

Whats the Goon verdict? The youtubers seems to be of the opinion that these changes delete the CLS meta?

I really like using Palpie so i wouldn't mind having an arena viable empire squad, but they would have to be top contenders as my arena shard is hard enough as it is without me gimping myself to use a gimmick team.

Their unique Zetas look really nice and Palpies leader Zeta looks good too. They also have gotten some changes/upgrades to their other abilities.

Palpie:
Leader: Emperor of the Galactic Empire
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Empire and Sith allies have +35% Potency and 35% Max Health. Jedi and Rebel enemies have -35% Potency and -35% Evasion. When an Empire ally inflicts a debuff during their turn, they gain 20% Turn Meter. When a Sith ally inflicts a debuff during their turn, they recover 20% Health. When a debuff on an enemy expires, Empire and Sith allies gain 5% Turn Meter.
Unique: Crackling Doom
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) While Palpatine is active, at the start of each enemy turn, they take damage equal to 20% of their Max Health for each of the following: they are Shocked; they are a Jedi; they are a Rebel. This damage can't defeat enemies. Palpatine has +50% Max Protection, and, when he inflicts Shock, he gains 5% Max Protection until the end of the encounter.

Vader
Unique: No Escape
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of each encounter Darth Vader gains 8 Speed until the end of that encounter for each of the following: Empire ally, Sith ally, Jedi enemy, Rebel enemy. Darth Vader is immune to Turn Meter Reduction and recovers 5% Health when a Damage Over Time effect on an enemy expires.

get

on

the

discord

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think the lack of discussion is probably a combination of being underwhelmed and not having enough information to comment further. I feel like I need to see these zetas in action, because they certainly don't leap off the page. Of the 3, EP's unique is the most intriguing to me.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Am I missing something with the Chimera? I got it at 5 stars but it’s so slow compared to similar level Executrix that I just get blasted by their special before I can fire mine. Does it only get good once you get Thrawn to G11 for the minus 1 cooldown on it’s big ability?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

KM Scorchio posted:

Am I missing something with the Chimera? I got it at 5 stars but it’s so slow compared to similar level Executrix that I just get blasted by their special before I can fire mine. Does it only get good once you get Thrawn to G11 for the minus 1 cooldown on it’s big ability?

G11 Thrawn and having Reaper really helps to even out the speeds. I also started opening with the buff special on the Chim and that tends to do better than the AoE

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
CLS meta has been dead since NuSisters and JTRey came out man.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Crumbletron posted:

G11 Thrawn and having Reaper really helps to even out the speeds. I also started opening with the buff special on the Chim and that tends to do better than the AoE

Agreein' with this; in my experience you want the buff out as quickly as possible, especially if you have a fleet of TIEs in your starting lineup. The offense-up turns TIE advanced, FO TIE, and TIE fighter into wrecking balls, and if you have reaper you just keep denying the enemy ship any turn meter gain. Unless I get horrible luck with target lock, I win most fleet matchups before Thrawn's super is ready.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Cidrick posted:

Agreein' with this; in my experience you want the buff out as quickly as possible, especially if you have a fleet of TIEs in your starting lineup. The offense-up turns TIE advanced, FO TIE, and TIE fighter into wrecking balls, and if you have reaper you just keep denying the enemy ship any turn meter gain. Unless I get horrible luck with target lock, I win most fleet matchups before Thrawn's super is ready.

Vader on a full Empire team against a full Rebel team gets, what, 72 extra speed? Sweet jesus.

edit: Also, I was just about ready to zeta CLS's IBAT. Now I have choices to make.

Probably still go with IBAT, as he's one of only two G12 characters I have. I'll probably target one of these new zetas with my next farm.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 7, 2018

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

quote != edit

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

Vader on a full Empire team against a full Rebel team gets, what, 72 extra speed? Sweet jesus.

More than that...

With Palp and 3 other Sith or Empire (Sith Assassin for max cheese):
16 + 16 + 8 + 8 + 8, or 56 just from his team.

Against a full team of rebel or Jedi, that’s 56+ 40, so 96.

But wait! There’s More!

If three of those Rebels also happen to be Jedi, like, say, Kanan, Ezra, and Old Ben...

Add on another 24 and he’s going at +120.

(Unlikely to see all three of them in a real world scenario of course, but +112 v Phoenix Squad is supremely Not Bad.)

:getin:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I am super glad I've kept Vader and Palpatine up.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Do we know when that patch is coming out?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

The Diddler posted:

Do we know when that patch is coming out?

Tonight.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

edit: Also, I was just about ready to zeta CLS's IBAT. Now I have choices to make.

Probably still go with IBAT, as he's one of only two G12 characters I have. I'll probably target one of these new zetas with my next farm.

IBAT is still a pro choice for raid utility

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

If you want to be a Fleet superstar, the answer is easy: Clones.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I love the empire changes. PS. Discord people.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

RC Cola posted:

I love the empire changes. PS. Discord people.

Here is my arena progress since switching from Wiggs to zzEP/DV Empire team this week on a newer shard. I finished today around 330 (after my attempts) and this is before I had the mats to finish Vader's unique zeta. I'm no longer afraid of CLS/Chaze teams, to say the least.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 9, 2018

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

double post.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Received 6 5-dot gold mods from the Palpatine mythical event. 5 of which had a speed mod already. All were fairly poo poo rolls though, with the highest speed being 4.
Regardless, i felt pretty lucky getting so many speed stats on them already, and felt i was guaranteed to get a couple of great speed mods as a result.
For a split happy second i forgot what kind of game i was playing; 4 of the mods received no further upgrades to speed, 1 of them got a measly additional 3 for a total of 7. Sigh.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Received 6 5-dot gold mods from the Palpatine mythical event. 5 of which had a speed mod already. All were fairly poo poo rolls though, with the highest speed being 4.
Regardless, i felt pretty lucky getting so many speed stats on them already, and felt i was guaranteed to get a couple of great speed mods as a result.
For a split happy second i forgot what kind of game i was playing; 4 of the mods received no further upgrades to speed, 1 of them got a measly additional 3 for a total of 7. Sigh.

that's the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Got lucky and one of my gold mods had a speed secondary that procced three times to +18. My BB-8 rolls fast as a motherfucker.