Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
Today is the best day

I think most of me is still stuck at the 2 minutes left with tom brady getting the ball back feeling and i hope tomorrow it all hits me

I've said it for years and still believe it, collinsworth is a biased piece of poo poo and should be relegated to local instead of national. Tony romo showed us all this year how it should be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/02/04/philly-light-poles-climbing-super-bowl-2018/

No industrial lubricant will ever work

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

What the gently caress is Philly sports talk gonna complain about this week

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
lmao get hosed Brady

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Bliggers- posted:

"Anyone with information about the incident at the Ritz Carlton please call the front desk"

Eagles fans destroyed the canopy over the entrance lol

I walked by there and was like what the gently caress happened?!? It was legit ripped off the wall and was a ball of metal on the ground

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Harlock posted:

How much Collinsworth sucks

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hydraulic fluid is incredibly toxic, hazardous, poisonous, whatever you like and if it enters your arm via a leaking line they cut your arm off to stop you from dying.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/research/rrpdf/rr976.pdf

That's either incorrect reporting or a really vicious copper

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oldgoatmon posted:

Today is the best day

I think most of me is still stuck at the 2 minutes left with tom brady getting the ball back feeling and i hope tomorrow it all hits me

I've said it for years and still believe it, collinsworth is a biased piece of poo poo and should be relegated to local instead of national. Tony romo showed us all this year how it should be done.

tony romo was just as complimentary of tom brady as collinsworth was

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Harlock posted:

collinsworth, national exaggerations about the partying going on tonight (although the actual damage is yet to be seen), the patriots fans conspiracy complaints that are already trickling out

The radio right now is mostly old men calling in elated and younger guys talking either happily or angrily about how no one gave us the shot without wentz

Alaois posted:

tony romo was just as complimentary of tom brady as collinsworth was

Collinsworth is mediocre and biased

saying brady is extremely good is accurate and fine, not shutting up about correctly called plays then sighing and implying the fix is in while you're 'neutral' is not

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Has anyone ever done what Blount did? Gone and featured heavily in two super bowls back to back, beating the team he got the ring for the year prior?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Gay Horney posted:

Has anyone ever done what Blount did? Gone and featured heavily in two super bowls back to back, beating the team he got the ring for the year prior?

First, the trivia: Long and teammate LeGarrette Blount will join just five other players who have won back-to-back Super Bowls on different teams in the half century history of the big game.

(We'll pause here while you try to think of the others.)

The first -- and most famous -- members of that elite club are Ken Norton Jr., who won with the Cowboys in 1993 and the 49ers in 1994, and Deion Sanders, who joined Norton on the '94 team and won again the next year in Dallas.

The other three: DB Derrick Martin (Packers 2010 and Giants 2011), guard Russ Hochstein (Buccaneers 2002 and Patriots 2003), and Brandon Browner (Seahawks 2014 and Patriots 2015).

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Gay Horney posted:

Dion sanders and Ken Norton Jr are the only two ever to win super bowls consecutively on different teams while actually playing in the games, both of which were in the NFC the whole time and did not face their former team. 3 others won consecutive super bowls on different teams so but didn't play in the actual game.

Blount and Long are the first two to do so facing their previous team who they also won with.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Tune in to the 94.1 stream when Angelo Cataldi comes on around 5:30-6 est. (one hour from now or so) I promise you thread, you want to do this.

https://tunein.com/radio/SportsRadio-94WIP-941-s116135/

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Tune in to the 94.1 stream when Angelo Cataldi comes on around 5:30-6 est. (one hour from now or so) I promise you thread, you want to do this.

I'm checking it out, hope not to be disappointed.

Congrats to the Eagles, watching the game felt like watching a bizarro version of my Lions, where you're allowed to have touchdown pass reviews go in your favor and the crazy bullshit of the game works well enough in your favor to actually get you a win when it counts.

I still really want to see a Lions Superbowl, but if I never get to (a very real possibility) I think this was as close to it as I could imagine, with just piles of crazy moments.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Jota posted:

gently caress THE PATS I LOVE YOU ALL gently caress TOM BRADY THAY DUMB KID KISSING BITCH BOI WE DID IT. NICK FOLES IS A GOD.

DOUG PEDERSON IS A LEGEND. HE CALLED A 4TH DOWN DIRECT SNAP END AROUND PASS TO THE QB BALLS OF STEEL

I love this post. FLY EAGLES FLY

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Dejan Bimble posted:

First, the trivia: Long and teammate LeGarrette Blount will join just five other players who have won back-to-back Super Bowls on different teams in the half century history of the big game.

(We'll pause here while you try to think of the others.)

The first -- and most famous -- members of that elite club are Ken Norton Jr., who won with the Cowboys in 1993 and the 49ers in 1994, and Deion Sanders, who joined Norton on the '94 team and won again the next year in Dallas.

The other three: DB Derrick Martin (Packers 2010 and Giants 2011), guard Russ Hochstein (Buccaneers 2002 and Patriots 2003), and Brandon Browner (Seahawks 2014 and Patriots 2015).

God drat I'm a Packer fan and I legit did not remember Derrick Martin on that team. I remember him on the 2011 Giants but I actually forgot he was part of our special teams in 2010.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Ok so far I'm listening to a guy have a rapturous meltdown over the glory of the greatest Superbowl ever, so it's living up to the hype.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Apologies to the mods for what is now TRIPLE POSTING

but hey. guys

The loving PHILADELPHIA EAGLES WON THE SUPER BOWL

They beat the goddamn patriots

And I'm so loving happy. It's almost 6 in the morning the day after the super bowl and i'm still so. loving happy.

Yesterday we were all eagles fans. Today I still am. Fly, you loving eagles, fly. I'm so happy for you.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I'm so loving happy right now. We did it.

I love you guys :unsmith:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NowonSA posted:

Ok so far I'm listening to a guy have a rapturous meltdown over the glory of the greatest Superbowl ever, so it's living up to the hype.

I need to actually sleep, I'm so mad.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

CyberPingu posted:

I'm so loving happy right now. We did it.

I love you guys :unsmith:

I'm so happy for you guys. I was rooting for the Eagles the whole way. And it was wonderful to see you get your first ring by taking it off the hands of the loving Patriots. <3

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I need to actually sleep, I'm so mad.

Once again the messed up stay up all night and sleep through the day lifestyle pays off for the savvy investor!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

:five::five:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

now https://tunein.com/radio/SportsRadio-94WIP-941-s116135/

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

So...Wonder if Bills decision to not give Butler even a single snap will be scrutinised at all?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgqLpMy6pj8

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

quote:

I will stop believing in Nick Foles when elves burst through my door and beat me in the dick and balls with a flaming baseball bat that has "stop believing in Nick Foles" engraved on it

Also while I am sad that St. Andy Reid was martyred I am glad that he sent the prophet Dougie Pederson to spread the truth. Going for it on 4th and 1 late in the game was the right call and let them win. Going for it on 4th and goal and throwing a trickeration pass to Nick BIG DICK Foles was loving crazy good and how Doug can walk with his enormous balls is a goddamm miracle.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Kind of wish I had called off of work today but there's a real (but slim) chance our CEO gives us the day of the parade off since he's a longtime Eagles fan. Also my boss who's a Pats fan called out today :lol:

oldgoatmon posted:

I've said it for years and still believe it, collinsworth is a biased piece of poo poo and should be relegated to local instead of national.

Best subplot of this game was Collinsworth getting his rear end sat down on multiple Eagles TD calls. Yeah I get that there are a lot of Pats fans watching Cris, but try to be objective here.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Doug Pederson: The brains of Reid, the balls of Favre. And the ability to manage a clock!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Doug Pederson: The brains of Reid, the balls of Favre. And the ability to manage a clock!

Doug walking down Broad St today

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

The Eagles beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl with a backup QB. This after Tom loving Brady throws for 500 yards, 3 TD's, no interceptions. poo poo is unreal.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
So, since the thread title is called this, is the place where I tell you all

THAT THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES WON THE SUPER BOWL

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

Best subplot of this game was Collinsworth getting his rear end sat down on multiple Eagles TD calls. Yeah I get that there are a lot of Pats fans watching Cris, but try to be objective here.

I like the time he said an obvious touchdown should be reversed without even seeing the replay beforehand.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Congratulations Eagles, by winning you have disproved the existence of God while simultaneously banishing the Pats. Even as a Giants fan, I love you for it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Harlock posted:

i just heard angelo yell at an nbc staffer about how they were biased towards the patriots

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Still thinking about that Nick foles touchdown catch and smiling

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/SportsFrontPage/status/960388684993490944

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVRPW3RAQXY

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Guess the parade is Wednesday and it’s supposed to snow but WHATEVS STILL GONNA GO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Please don’t play garbage music.

• Locked thread