Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

value-brand cereal posted:

I posted in a mod namechange thread and this is what I was anointed with. Lowtax be praised!
You can tell it's one of mine because it's nonsense and because I hyphenated the compound modifier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always miss the rename threads. :randno:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

When you strip out the short stories and such, it's amazing how little has changed in terms of clickbait "sex advice" :allears:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Exposing the goons who live by assaulting women

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Band name: Man's Best

Album name: Are Nymphomaniacs Normal?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm amaged none of those were by Clarence Doore.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

There is nothing about those magazines that doesn't make my skin crawl.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

FactsAreUseless posted:

Exposing the goons who live by assaulting women

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I hate to break it to you guys but the Moonpie Twitter account is not even written by Moonpies. They use ghost writers. Same with Wendy's and George Takei.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo

Boinks posted:

I hate to break it to you guys but the Moonpie Twitter account is not even written by Moonpies. They use ghost writers. Same with Wendy's and George Takei.

So they hired a social media manager instead of having a literal actual moonpie write for them. Very smart!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

When you strip out the short stories and such, it's amazing how little has changed in terms of clickbait "sex advice" :allears:

Ten ways to brutally destroy his dick, also Nazis

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Boinks posted:

drat I was hoping there was a sentient confectionery tweeting out these strange screeds in order to better understand, and serve, mankind.

And that Wendy was a literal person in charge of the restaurant that bares her name.

We'll just stop mentioning Takei tho...

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Moonpies sound like vastly inferior Tunnock's Teacakes.

(Bonus picture of Mr. Teacake, surrounded by his offspring)

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Boinks posted:

Ken M?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Crain posted:

And that Wendy was a literal person in charge of the restaurant that bares her name.

Uh, I have some news for you about Wendy.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Pookah posted:

These things have... interesting names in some countries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate-coated_marshmallow_treats

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Pookah posted:

The Tunnocks factory has caramel taps, they're like normal taps but caramel instead of water. Truely a great place.

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013
"They all have a little bit of my jizz in them"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Aramoro posted:

The Tunnocks factory has caramel taps, they're like normal taps but caramel instead of water. Truely a great place.

There's a library in Cleveland that was converted from a Twinkie Factory that closed 30+ years ago. A lot of the exposed pipes in the place are still full of Twinkie filling.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Those are some real cool cats.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Moonpie haters are the same type of people who scoff at the idea of a Hostess

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Thefuk? You guys have been talking about Munchmallows all this time?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

FactsAreUseless posted:

You can tell it's one of mine because it's nonsense and because I hyphenated the compound modifier.

Yo.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

gbut posted:

Thefuk? You guys have been talking about Munchmallows all this time?

:tito:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

There's a library in Cleveland that was converted from a Twinkie Factory that closed 30+ years ago. A lot of the exposed pipes in the place are still full of Twinkie filling.

What library is this?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like Moon Pies. :colbert:

:randstare:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

burexas.irom posted:

Yup, it's the eyes, definitely not the fact that she's wearing a wedding dress on a dating site pic.

It’s a Halloween costume.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

quote:

In the Netherlands the name is Negerzoenen ("Negro kisses") though some companies have changed the name to Zoenen ("Kisses"). This led to some controversy, since the Dutch word neger was generally perceived as more neutral compared to the English equivalent negro, which is considered pejorative and racist.[44] Those often package nine per box to create the pun Negen Zoenen ("Nine Kisses").

What a creative way of dodging a bullet.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My 92 year old grandmother still uses "colored" people. :negative: But I think that was the polite term back in the day. :smithicide:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Just lol if you wouldn't eat some of Dickmann's Thick Nuts. :colbert:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Samuringa posted:

What a creative way of dodging a bullet.

Neger is no more neutral than negro, they're almost exactly equivalent to each other as outdated and somewhat pejorative terms that you probably shouldn't be using in 2018.

Just last week in Flanders there was controversy over a pastry called negerkop (negro head):

Thankfully this time no one rushed to the defense of our sacred traditions, though I suspect it's largely because most people had never heard of this.

e: lol I should have just quoted this part of the Wikipedia article instead

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 18:50 on Feb 5, 2018

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Randaconda posted:

My 92 year old grandmother still uses "colored" people. :negative: But I think that was the polite term back in the day. :smithicide:

Well yeah. So was "negro".

Euphemisms that turn into slurs and have to be replaced by new euphemisms is a phenomenon as old as the hills.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm the croissant sucker

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Great aunt Lee was born in 1900 and died in 96. She would have considered "colored" to be an unreservedly polite phrase to use, but she was racist af. First time I heard the n-bomb was outta her.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

https://i.imgur.com/cbEWFap.mp4

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

JnnyThndrs posted:

No poo poo. When I was a little kid, I’d hear old people rhapsodize about MOON PIES and every couple years, I’d buy one. ‘gently caress, these things are stale as hell’ would go through my mind, and it would take me quite awhile to forget how crappy they were. Then I’d do it all over again.

I'm pretty sure I like them because I was in daycare when I was a kid, which means lots of snacks of stale graham crackers. I imagine old people have memories of stale graham crackers growing up, too.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Perestroika posted:

Just lol if you wouldn't eat some of Dickmann's Thick Nuts. :colbert:

Super Dickmann's Thick Nuts, no less.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Super Dickmann's Thick Nuts, no less.

I thought it was Dickmann's Super Thick Nuts :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I don’t even know where the gently caress to buy moon pies if I even wanted to

I got you covered, now with even more sawdusty layers!:

mind the walrus posted:

Mallomars don't taste like nipple pasties left on an anthill.

:golfclap:

Oddhair has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Feb 5, 2018