Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It took me entirely too long to remember that the Outer Rim Smuggler exists and is what ORS refers to (right?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

KongGeorgeVII posted:

I was discussing that list with some friends. Is the ORS better than the generic BSF with accuracy corrector? Same health, same number of red dice but you get 2 hits ever single time. The dial is slightly worse but you do get a 0 stop.

e: I think the question is how much do you value the k-turn over the 0 stop. The red hard one turns don't really matter because you don't need actions for accuracy corrector. Wookiee Commandos also give you a slightly better chance for 3 hits at r1 but only if you don't get an action that turn because otherwise you are taking a target lock or focus which run counter to Wookiee.

ee: I don't think I'm going to the SA regionals this year to defend my title because day 1 is in Gawler not Adelaide and it takes forever to get there. I was looking at a $100 uber or a 2 hour public transport trip. Unless I can find someone to carpool with its looking like an expensive trip. My options are for my flight to get in at 6:50 and then try to sprint to public transport to get there by 9 or get in Friday night and spend more on accommodation, then still have to get to Gawler the next morning.

I don't know why I did not think of it.... I really don't. I just talked to him and let him know about it and offered my bomber and he is going to swap it out. He said to tell my internet friends thanks.

I swear half the fun of him running this is going to be the looks on peoples faces when he plops it all down.

ee: Any chance you are going to go to any of the other regionals? Heck anyone from here going to ACT regional next weekend? I owe some of you guys a beer for all the help you have given me over the last year.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

canyoneer posted:

Since they're low agility and harpoons exist, I bet it could happen.

I have come close when I have played him. With the right match-ups, I give him half a chance at getting day 2. He can eat a couple of harpoons and keep trucking and has the potential to bump gunboats constantly.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

ConfusedUs posted:

Jesus Christ that's a lot of health. Wow.

29 hull + 15 shields = 44hp.

Not quite enough hull to pull the entire damage deck tho.

They've been pretty careful to avoid this I think. Even with Hull Upgraded TIE Bombers, which have the best hull:points ratio, you still can't do it, because they start dying before the cards run out, unless they're ALL on 1hp and staying on due to simultaneous fire.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Jumpmaster 5000: •Tel Trevura (34)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Determination (1)

Quadjumper: Jakku Gunrunner (18)
Hull Upgrade (3)

Hull Upgrade (3)

Quadjumper: Jakku Gunrunner (15)

Total: 100/100

The first time I used Tel, I pulled at least 12-13 damage cards on just him. It was a lot of overkill, of course.

Edit: 28 hull, Tel removes 10, minimum, on his own the first time he dies, and takes at least two more after that. 22 on the Quadjumpers plus overkill.

Edit edit: Six TIE Bombers, one with hull upgrade, is 37 hull.

None of these are usable lists, more of a curiosity

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 4, 2018

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Jumpmaster 5000: •Tel Trevura (34)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Determination (1)

Hull Upgrade (3)

Hull Upgrade (3)

Total: 100/100

The first time I used Tel, I pulled at least 12-13 damage cards on just him. It was a lot of overkill, of course.

Edit: 28 hull, Tel removes 10, minimum, on his own the first time he dies, and takes at least two more after that. 22 on the Quadjumpers plus overkill.

Edit edit: Six TIE Bombers, one with hull upgrade, is 37 hull.

None of these are usable lists, more of a curiosity

37 hull, but only 31 can be dealt before ships start to die, and once things die, the cards are discarded, and if new ones are needed, they are reshuffled to form a new deck.

Technically.

Shenanigans with sim fire are the only way to run out of cards in standard play at the moment.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://youtu.be/7tpb3CrsQ78

There's no rule that says dogs can't play X-wing

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

37 hull, but only 31 can be dealt before ships start to die, and once things die, the cards are discarded, and if new ones are needed, they are reshuffled to form a new deck.

Technically.

Shenanigans with sim fire are the only way to run out of cards in standard play at the moment.

Ah, I didn't know about reshuffling the damage cards back into the deck. That'll do it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Even if you do run out of cards, the only game effect is that you have to start using some other token to track additional damage, which are all treated as blank and facedown

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

3 starvipers in top 4 at Indiana

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I'm kind of bummed out that one of my best performances in a tournament was with 3BQD. Before I could just blame my losses on my lovely skill and didn't blame my off-meta squadron choices, but doing well with a strong meta list is kind of a bummer, since I always fooling myself that meta choices don't mean THAT much in this game.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Tekopo posted:

I'm kind of bummed out that one of my best performances in a tournament was with 3BQD. Before I could just blame my losses on my lovely skill and didn't blame my off-meta squadron choices, but doing well with a strong meta list is kind of a bummer, since I always fooling myself that meta choices don't mean THAT much in this game.

Don't be. Wins are wins. There were other people there with top meta lists too.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
3BQD is a pretty wholesome list at the end of the day. Arcs matter, there's counterplay, there's what actually looks like dogfighting, interesting decisions and timing. And it's not 4 wookies or Kanan Fenn, and there's no regen.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Harpoons are not wholesome. 4 hits/crits No matter what kinda garbage you roll is not wholesome.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

banned from Starbucks posted:

Harpoons are not wholesome. 4 hits/crits No matter what kinda garbage you roll is not wholesome.

I too would like my games decided more by RNG.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

I mean, if you're still flying B Wings, they're wildy overpowered, but if you look at the top meta lists, I think they're the list I'd most like to fly against and make a decent game of it, rather than being slowly strangled by 4 wookies or ghost TLTs.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Panzeh posted:

Unironically this.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

They're fine, damage output-wise, if you're running new ships that are designed around the paradigm that started around wave 8 or so where highly accurate 3-4 die attacks became the expected norm.

They're the worst thing if you want to run ships that are from a time when 2-3 die attacks of middling accuracy were the norm. Those ships get obliterated.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Panzeh posted:

It's a dice game. Harpoons is basically "you bought a card. Put 4 hits on the table"

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

At least on nuboats, there’s loads of situations where my rolls were 1 hit rerolled into 1 hit. Rhoboats are more consistent because you can chip them but it’s hardly 4 guaranteed hits

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

It's a dice game. Harpoons is basically "you bought a card. Put 4 hits on the table"

Yeah, I totally want to go back to flinging dice pointlessly at a palpace.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why do you think palpace was even a thing for forever you loving goober.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
So the trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story dropped this morning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs

Time to wonder which ships are going to make it into X-wing, and if they are going to be broken once they hit the tables!

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Fingers crossed for a third Millennium Falcon!

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

I for one embrace the coming confusion of old middle Han Solo, middle old Han Solo and new young Han Solo.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

ro5s posted:

I for one embrace the coming confusion of old middle Han Solo, middle old Han Solo and new young Han Solo.

No matter which one it is, Han always shoots first :smug:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That TIE Bomber-ish looking command TIE or whatever is most certainly going to make it into X-Wang as well.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

That TIE Bomber-ish looking command TIE or whatever is most certainly going to make it into X-Wang as well.

A TIE Shuttle mk2?

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

AndyElusive posted:

Two-seater training tie. May equip flight instructor without paying its points cost.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

It looks like that little side pod has some big guns in it. I could see a TIE with one or two cannon slots and a crew slot.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

ro5s posted:

haha loving hell that took me a while to figure out. At least maybe they'll add a new Chewbacca crew card worth using?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

ro5s posted:

You mean Han Solo, Han Yolo, and Han Brolo?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ninjahedgehog posted:

haha loving hell that took me a while to figure out. At least maybe they'll add a new Chewbacca crew card worth using?

A card that can cancel two crits for 4 points is actually good?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ro5s posted:

The original Han card will remain Han Solo. The HotR Han will be Han 360 since you can place him anywhere and nu-Han can be Han One because he's technically the first.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So there's the Luke and Bigger Luke theory, but half the evidence for it was in relation to Han Solo, so it's actually possible that there's actually a Han Prime and Smaller Han. This could also be either the Canon Han Hypothesis or the Harrison Hypothesis.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
New younger Lando would be cool.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

New younger Lando would be cool.

Sleeze it up a bit. Give the ship he’s on +1 illicit slot (can combine with Smuggling Compartments).

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

ConfusedUs posted:

You mean Han Solo, Han Yolo, and Han Brolo?

I will go to the grave calling wave 2 Han Solo 'Original Hanster'.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I hope Landos fly droid co-pilot buddy becomes a good pilot or crew card and isn't given the K2S0 treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

AndyElusive posted:

I hope Landos fly droid co-pilot buddy becomes a good pilot or crew card and isn't given the K2S0 treatment.

You mean Leebo?

Leebo is a pretty good crew upgrade. Not great, but pretty good.

• Locked thread