Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I'm not really complaining, more just amazed. It was just taking a little while to load so I checked the size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

odiv posted:

I'm not really complaining, more just amazed. It was just taking a little while to load so I checked the size.

It's all good dude

(except the hacker of course)

Bouchehog
Dec 19, 2002

The Campaign for Badger Rights

Hellsau posted:

On the one hand, that was pretty hilarious. On the other hand, surely you could have underhand dropped all your frags and smokes down below to get out of there with all of you intact.

We were down to a tiny circle with six alive; there was only the one window we could get out of and I don't think any of us had any grenades left (although even if we had we would have stuggled to have put them on that corner from three floors up out of a small window). Being four-on-two we may have been a little gung-ho...

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
A million bans. I bet 95% are Chinese

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Bouchehog posted:

We were down to a tiny circle with six alive; there was only the one window we could get out of and I don't think any of us had any grenades left (although even if we had we would have stuggled to have put them on that corner from three floors up out of a small window). Being four-on-two we may have been a little gung-ho...

I am a flawless field commander.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

daslog posted:

A million bans. I bet 95% are Chinese

ban is traditionally a korean name i think

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Played 1 round last night and it ended up being my best round I've played. It was on Miramar and ended in 2nd w/ 5 kills. The final circle came down to 3 of us, my only advantage was being in an elevated position. The eventual winner had a great bit of cover behind a tree so I couldn't see them at all, then when my suppressed SCAR-Laser pew pew'd #3 he was able to locate me. I did hit him at least once, but he had the drop on me.

The best part of the round was on the 3rd to last circle and I was moving towards the top of a hill. I had a Vector and had luckily (I was just trying to get out of their line of sight) flanked somebody that was harassing my approach. I traded my Vector for the SCAR-L in their cold dead hands, then 3 other people consecutively rushed the top of the hill. Their bodies ended up in a pile.

In short, the SCAR is my new BFF.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

highme posted:

Played 1 round last night and it ended up being my best round I've played. It was on Miramar and ended in 2nd w/ 5 kills. The final circle came down to 3 of us, my only advantage was being in an elevated position. The eventual winner had a great bit of cover behind a tree so I couldn't see them at all, then when my suppressed SCAR-Laser pew pew'd #3 he was able to locate me. I did hit him at least once, but he had the drop on me.

The best part of the round was on the 3rd to last circle and I was moving towards the top of a hill. I had a Vector and had luckily (I was just trying to get out of their line of sight) flanked somebody that was harassing my approach. I traded my Vector for the SCAR-L in their cold dead hands, then 3 other people consecutively rushed the top of the hill. Their bodies ended up in a pile.

In short, the SCAR is my new BFF.

Man I had a Scar and an UMP on a hill with 3 alive. I threw a frag down the mountain then put my gun back on and waited for them to come to me. Sure enough they both charge over the hill within seconds of each other and I open fire. Unfortunately somehow I equipped the UMP after the grenade and not the Scar and didn't notice till I started shooting and then yelling NO that's not the SCAR ahhh gently caress I'm dead.

Scar would've won that battle, it was all so perfect. :(

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

a million accounts banned? I wish they would ban this loving loading screen bug where it only goes away until after I land

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
For all the people denying hackers, 1 million banned in january equals to 1/30 the playerbase. Thats 3% of the playerbase banned in january alone, or 3 people in every 100 player round

Not all of them are aimbots speedhacking around the map, but there are a fucktonne still. Oc is really bad for it, especially third person.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Why can't they do hardware id bans? Is that not a thing anymore? I thought if BattlEye banned you on its platform it was across all games that used it so they must be able to do hardware id bans. That would take care of a good portion of the recidivists.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
this game is 30 bucks, how much is it in china?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

BraveUlysses posted:

this game is 30 bucks, how much is it in china?

tencents

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

afkmacro posted:

Why can't they do hardware id bans? Is that not a thing anymore? I thought if BattlEye banned you on its platform it was across all games that used it so they must be able to do hardware id bans. That would take care of a good portion of the recidivists.

A giant heaping of the Chinese playerbase doesn't actually play on their own computers, they play on e-cafe machines.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Party Plane Jones posted:

A giant heaping of the Chinese playerbase doesn't actually play on their own computers, they play on e-cafe machines.

Yeah they would have to region lock China and no one wants that.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Party Plane Jones posted:

All the more reason imo - e-cafe managers would become more stringent on allowing that if their PC's were being blacklisted.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Bought the game, entered the game, ran around the desert for 20 minutes with controls that feel like the character has, is, and will continue making GBS threads themselves, then died to someone I couldn't see and was the 12th alive or something. What am I doing

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Bouchehog posted:

We were down to a tiny circle with six alive; there was only the one window we could get out of and I don't think any of us had any grenades left (although even if we had we would have stuggled to have put them on that corner from three floors up out of a small window).

If you had a nade one of you could've primed it and jumped out of the window to suicide bomb them.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

drunken officeparty posted:

Bought the game, entered the game, ran around the desert for 20 minutes with controls that feel like the character has, is, and will continue making GBS threads themselves, then died to someone I couldn't see and was the 12th alive or something. What am I doing

The only way to understand the game is to play more, a lot more. Or watch streamers play (chocoTaco). Do you like FPS games? (I guess you don't need to, but TPP is trash :smug:) There's a lot of traveling in this game, unless you specifically do hot drops (where like, 30 other people drop). Pecado on Miramar. Military on Erangel.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

what's the best cement building drop zone in miramar.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Groovelord Neato posted:

West side of Los Leones, in my opinion. Warehouses and cement buildings galore.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boXEfW1267k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PxiONZazM8&t=1s

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm not entirely sure what the cause is (and yes I have a SSD), but the lag time getting into a match for me since 1.0 has been so bad that I don't get past the loading screen until I've been ejected from the plane and halfway to the ground. It gets better after the first couple of matches, but when you can only play 1 or 2 at a time it's irritating. I probably need more RAM.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Groovelord Neato posted:

with the blatant hackers there's no plausible deniability. people smart enough not to obviously track you through buildings and use aimbots that only "clip" when they aim near your head can at least stroke their ego and act like they're good.

and like elman said probably a ton of those but it'd be pretty much impossible to tell since the deathcams are such poo poo.

Offscreen wallhacks (i.e. running a maphack on a laptop, usually with a browser window) are like the big thing in FPP for the last few months. It's why everyone says they don't see as many blatant hacks in FPP. There's nothing really to see except if you spectate the person you'll notice that they don't look around nearly as much as you'd expect.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Thom P. Tiers posted:

West side of Los Leones, in my opinion. Warehouses and cement buildings galore.

On the hill above San Martin there's 2 sets plus some other nice sheds which usually have some good stuff in them. Then you've got a nice overview of San Martin to plan an assault into, including going down to those big warehouse buildings (which are also pretty good). That's my go-to if the plane is flying over there.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Offscreen wallhacks (i.e. running a maphack on a laptop, usually with a browser window) are like the big thing in FPP for the last few months. It's why everyone says they don't see as many blatant hacks in FPP. There's nothing really to see except if you spectate the person you'll notice that they don't look around nearly as much as you'd expect.

Are the running a second copy of pubg on that laptop in this scenario?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Captain Beans posted:

Are the running a second copy of pubg on that laptop in this scenario?

You could conceivably put it on anything probably

One of the early "pro-league" players in Siege definitely was hacking with seconds screen style poo poo like above (dude's name was Clever, accusation videos are all over youtube still)

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 6, 2018

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why do I spawn naked but everyone else seems to have loving bazookas within 10 seconds

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
The doc is back and he is better than ever

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

patonthebach posted:

The doc is back and he is better than ever

Dude had 370,000 viewers at one point earlier today and his sub/donation notifications were literally never-ending. I think that's the most viewers I've ever seen on a non-tournament channel.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I watched the guy make $1500 in ten minutes and his stream reach >370k viewers. The world is starved for content, apparently.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

ILL Machina posted:

I watched the guy make $1500 in ten minutes and his stream reach >370k viewers. The world is starved for content, apparently.

He made over 10 grand in the first hour in donations, as well as over 8 thousand new subscribers.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Did his wife forgive him already?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I guess part of it was that he quit drinking? :rolleyes:

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

underage at the vape shop posted:

Did his wife forgive him already?

If your husband can make hundreds of thousands of dollars from streaming, I think you try and work out your differences.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
It sure looks like a publicity stunt to me. He takes a nice vacation, comes back to 300+ viewers.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Elman posted:

If you had a nade one of you could've primed it and jumped out of the window to suicide bomb them.

My favorite kill ever was after I ran out of bullets fire fighting with somebody in and around a few buildings. I ended up running outside and around a corner. Well the other person was following me so I cooked a grenade to drop on them as the ran around the corner. I figured I could drop it and run away.

Turns out I got the timing wrong; they came around the corner faster than I expected. The grenade dropped at my feet as I died. Not long after that it blew up and killed them when they crouched to loot my box.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

daslog posted:

It sure looks like a publicity stunt to me. He takes a nice vacation, comes back to 300+ viewers.

Lmao you don't actually believe he faked it do you?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

patonthebach posted:

If your husband can make hundreds of thousands of dollars from streaming, I think you try and work out your differences.

you can just leave your wife and bang whoever you want that sounds better or maybe work something out with your wife so you can bang whoever you want. dude loving cried it was hilarious. Also I 'won' a game tonight with three kills, but I died near the end and watched my last surviving team mate no recoil his way through the last two full squads all by himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

patonthebach posted:

Or you can dump him, take half his poo poo and collect that sweet sweet alimony from the rear end in a top hat.